Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League  (Read 65218 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: NFL Fantasy League
« Reply #160 on: August 6, 2019, 01:39:32 pm »
Can you guys (or one of you) already in please write "GROUP A" next to your name on this list? Just helps keep track to make sure we don't accidentally mess up, or miss anyone out when making B.

1 - KillieRed
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
5 - DeFacto GROUP A
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
10 - Buck Pete
11 - Trend
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
14 - God's left boot
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
20 - Chakan - Group A

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 6, 2019, 01:46:13 pm »

Can you guys (or one of you) already in please write "GROUP A" next to your name on this list? Just helps keep track to make sure we don't accidentally mess up, or miss anyone out when making B.

1 - KillieRed
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
5 - DeFacto (GROUP A - DeReds)
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
10 - Buck Pete (GROUP A - MONTANA MAGIC)
11 - Trend (GROUP A - TIND TO WIN)
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
14 - God's left boot
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
20 - Chakan (GROUP A - CHAKATTACK)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 01:48:55 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: August 6, 2019, 01:53:58 pm »
Just playing with a mock draft and I see that the overall round 1 expert pick suggestions are made up entirely of RB and WR with a few TE thrown in

Please forgive my ignorance but i take it these positions are usually the biggest FF scorers?

Yes, RB's are your pot of gold in these leagues, as they have both rushing and receiving yards that can pile up and give you tons of points.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 6, 2019, 02:08:31 pm »
Yes, RB's are your pot of gold in these leagues, as they have both rushing and receiving yards that can pile up and give you tons of points.

Cheers

How about your 6 bench players.  What is the usual makeup of a bench?

A backup QB and Kicker plus 4 of WR/RB/TE maybe?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #164 on: August 6, 2019, 02:12:15 pm »

Le'Veon Bell still being one of the best RBs even though he did sit out last year, he'll go first or second pick.
#Sausages

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 6, 2019, 02:12:53 pm »
Cheers

How about your 6 bench players.  What is the usual makeup of a bench?

A backup QB and Kicker plus 4 of WR/RB/TE maybe?

It's entirely up to you. I have back ups depending on bye weeks [weeks in which several teams don't play so your starting players will not be available]. So at at times I may have 3 RB's, or 3 WR's, but I always tend to have a back up QB no matter what. I'd go with 3 players I rotate with and then the rest depending on schedule

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: August 6, 2019, 02:17:45 pm »
I feel bad taking someones spot. If you want to join mate I don't mind giving up a spot.

Me as well Jetmir.

Thanks for your replies guys. I don't mind it actually. However, if any of you would rather not take place due to other commitments, then I would gladly take your spot.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 6, 2019, 02:19:36 pm »
Thanks for your replies guys. I don't mind it actually. However, if any of you would rather not take place due to other commitments, then I would gladly take your spot.

You can have my spot mate, really I don't mind.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 6, 2019, 02:19:39 pm »
It's entirely up to you. I have back ups depending on bye weeks [weeks in which several teams don't play so your starting players will not be available]. So at at times I may have 3 RB's, or 3 WR's, but I always tend to have a back up QB no matter what. I'd go with 3 players I rotate with and then the rest depending on schedule

Sorry man just trying to get my head around this.

So the bench players I pick in the draft stay on the bench for the entirety of the season and only come into play if one of my starters is out.

For instance.  I have Mahomes as my starting QB and Mayfield as my backup.

Mahomes isn't having a good season so even though he will play in a game-week can i move Mayfield into the starting QB position and move Mahomes to the bench?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #169 on: August 6, 2019, 02:22:14 pm »

Good point, watch out for bye weeks which go from week 4 to week 12 this year, also watch out for TNF & MNF, were you can score a load of points early & late over the weekly rounds, can be kind of annoying if you don't have anyone on your team for MNF your opponent does, then it can flip were you have players scheduled for MNF your opponent doesn't.
#Sausages

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #170 on: August 6, 2019, 02:32:14 pm »
You can have my spot mate, really I don't mind.

Same here.  My involvement is more about giving deFacto/Chakan/Claus/ and possibly Buck a hard time.

I can do that from the stands just as easily.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 6, 2019, 02:35:56 pm »

So the bench players I pick in the draft stay on the bench for the entirety of the season and only come into play if one of my starters is out.

Mahomes isn't having a good season so even though he will play in a game-week can i move Mayfield into the starting QB position and move Mahomes to the bench?

Mate you can play them whenever you want, for instance you may want to take multiple good players even if they arent' all starting because performances may dip and what not. It's entirely up to you how you are going to line up. Also match ups. You are looking at who is playing who, some defenses excel in one area, while others excel in others, for a particular game you may need a player that suits style XYZ, and so on.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 6, 2019, 03:02:08 pm »
Group A is filled, so Claus when you get a chance please make Group B :)

Also everyone please let me know what is the best day that suits you for the draft.

I'll do it tonight, anything I need to know for the settings?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #173 on: August 6, 2019, 03:06:46 pm »
Trend and Chakan, thank you for giving me opportunity to partake in this guys.

So is it a coin toss with regards to whom I replace? Although if I took Trend's spot, me and Chakan would probably be at war with regards to who drafts CMC22. ;D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 6, 2019, 03:07:25 pm »
Trend and Chakan, thank you for giving me opportunity to partake in this guys.

So is it a coin toss with regards to whom I replace? Although if I took Trend's spot, me and Chakan would probably be at war with regards to who drafts CMC22. ;D

I've already withdrawn my team mate, go for it! I'll be cheering you along!

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 6, 2019, 03:08:18 pm »

1 - KillieRed
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
14 - God's left boot GROUP A
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 6, 2019, 03:09:15 pm »
I'll do it tonight, anything I need to know for the settings?

I haven't changed anything scoring wise. I just edited the trade deadline to no deadline.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 6, 2019, 03:29:19 pm »
I've already withdrawn my team mate, go for it! I'll be cheering you along!

Wanna reunite, my friend?  NC  (Peaches) + DC (Herb) = Win   :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/26J0uDIGErM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/26J0uDIGErM</a>

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #178 on: August 6, 2019, 03:34:25 pm »
1 - KillieRed (GROUP A- KillieRed Raiders)
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 6, 2019, 03:41:36 pm »
Same here.  My involvement is more about giving deFacto/Chakan/Claus/ and possibly Buck a hard time.

Haha you bugger. :)

Gutted Chak has withdrawn although Jetmir seems like a thoroughly nice bloke to be fair.  I have set my sights on crushing Trend now who will hopefully draft in Colt McCoy as his starting QB

Hope Forever a gnome (Red Viper) is in league A too so I can remind him that he said Kyler Murray wont make it as a NFL QB :) .

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 6, 2019, 04:11:50 pm »
Haha you bugger. :)

Gutted Chak has withdrawn although Jetmir seems like a thoroughly nice bloke to be fair.  I have set my sights on crushing Trend now who will hopefully draft in Colt McCoy as his starting QB

Hope Forever a gnome (Red Viper) is in league A too so I can remind him that he said Kyler Murray wont make it as a NFL QB :) .

Well out Buck!

But our GM has identified a significant resource on the waiver wire - Chakan has sold his expansion team to Jetmir and we have secured his services at a big big big big big big big price!  He's worth it though.

Team Chak/Trend WIN!   

League warning: We are here to win, but have little interest in the sport beyond local loyalties.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 04:35:04 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 6, 2019, 04:13:59 pm »
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
11 - Chakan/Trend (GROUP A - NCDC or CHAKMACATTACK)
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
20 - Chakan (GROUP A - CHAKATTACK) - Jetmir
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #182 on: August 6, 2019, 04:31:50 pm »

You can use bench players anytime during the season, it's necessary as well with bye weeks, oh & watch out for injuries, some players are already out for the season so watch out for that when your doing the draft, once the week is underway you can't change your team, the week starts with Thursday Night Football, ends with Monday Night Football.

You can also swap players from waivers, although you have to wait until i think Wednesday afternoon for any waivers to be confirmed as the worst team of the week has first choice on waivers.
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 6, 2019, 04:55:03 pm »
You can change your team up until the game starts. If you draft someone that is injured, you can drop them and see who is a free agent [ie not selected by anyone else in the league] and get that player instead.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 6, 2019, 05:22:41 pm »
Ah right ok.  So between game weeks from your pool of 15 players you can pick your 9 man team for the upcoming game-week  As long as it conforms to:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
DST
K

Just tried to read about the Waivers on the NFL fantasy site and its a mind fuck :(

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 6, 2019, 05:25:25 pm »
Ah right ok.  So between game weeks from your pool of 15 players you can pick your 9 man team for the upcoming game-week  As long as it conforms to:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
DST
K

Just tried to read about the Waivers on the NFL fantasy site and its a mind fuck :(

So for waivers. When you see ''FA'' next to a player that means that the player is a free agent and will be added to your team automatically. When they're on waivers that means that the move will depend on who else is trying to sign him. So for instance, based on everyone standing in the league, the team with the lowest rank has the best chance of signing a player if there is more than one team interested.

So lets say I want player Z, and you do as well, but for that week, my rank is lower than yours, I get priority over you.

Now if there is no one else interested, then the player goes to you. 

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 6, 2019, 05:37:45 pm »
Cheers for that DeFacto

So can you drop someone in your team if they are under-performing and bring in someone else on a waiver?

Or can you only swap players out who are injured?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 6, 2019, 05:43:45 pm »
Cheers for that DeFacto

So can you drop someone in your team if they are under-performing and bring in someone else on a waiver?

Or can you only swap players out who are injured?

You can drop any player at any given time unless they've been designated by NFL.com as undroppable [and you will see a red minus next to their name, this is usually only assigned to the very best players]

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 6, 2019, 06:12:27 pm »
Guys whats stopping us from commencing the League A draft right now?

If admin (DeFacto) turns off the autopick feature and sets an unlimited time for each pick.  There's no rush and people can make their pick as and when

Saves everyone having to be online on Sunday at same time.

Is this a possibility?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #189 on: August 6, 2019, 07:28:02 pm »
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc (GROUP A - Lev B in NY with Darnold)
4 - Claus
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
11 - Chakan/Trend (GROUP A - NCDC or CHAKMACATTACK)
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
20 - Chakan (GROUP A - CHAKATTACK) - Jetmir
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 07:35:11 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 6, 2019, 07:57:22 pm »
Guys whats stopping us from commencing the League A draft right now?

If admin (DeFacto) turns off the autopick feature and sets an unlimited time for each pick.  There's no rush and people can make their pick as and when

Saves everyone having to be online on Sunday at same time.

Is this a possibility?

Unfortunately I have no control of the autopick feature. If we do an offline draft then that would take forever on here, and then we'd import the results into the league. But using their draft system, there are two options

- live online draft which is what we're currently doing
- a draft based on NFL.com's default rankings or a manager's pre-rankings of players. Draft may occur at any time on the specified date. [this is autopick for everyone]

Pick time can be changed up to 5 minutes per pick.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 6, 2019, 08:21:43 pm »
Ah ok. I thought you could extend each pick time to days rather than minutes or hours.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 6, 2019, 09:26:28 pm »
Guys

We are trying to find out who is in group A so we can send PM’s about the draft

Who owns the following teams:

GLB
Of Guice and men
Miami Scousers
Ball fondlerd

Cheers

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #193 on: August 7, 2019, 12:26:22 am »
Sorry lads. Miami Scousers is me.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 7, 2019, 03:53:55 am »
Group A

KillieRed
mikey_lfc
DeFacto
Buck Pete
Chakan/Trend
God's left boot
Jetmir

Group Better

Claus
Gerry Attrick

Undecided

6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941

Any of you guys have a preference before we just split you guys up randomly?
« Last Edit: August 7, 2019, 03:56:06 am by Something Worse »
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 7, 2019, 04:00:47 am »
http://canada.fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=7647537

League B is up. Set the draft for August 31st, but that can change, haven't played with the settings either.

Password is cornertakenquickly

Anyone (Cara!) that wants to join, jump in.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 7, 2019, 04:04:23 am »
We got more than that in Group A, we just can't figure out who is who. Based on some of the responses from you lot, the weekend is the best time to draft, so I'll be pushing this draft back until we can get an agreeable time from the majority of you

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #197 on: August 7, 2019, 07:26:56 am »
I have joined league B with my Austrian Unicorns....

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 7, 2019, 09:25:25 am »
Group A

KillieRed
mikey_lfc
DeFacto
Buck Pete
Chakan/Trend
God's left boot
Jetmir

We can add LFC_1981 and Statto Red to group A

I am sure Red Viper is in group A too.  I have PM'd him to confirm

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: August 7, 2019, 09:28:00 am »
Group A

KillieRed
mikey_lfc
DeFacto
Buck Pete
Chakan/Trend
God's left boot
Jetmir

Group Better

Claus
Gerry Attrick

Undecided

6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941

Any of you guys have a preference before we just split you guys up randomly?

My team name is Red Warriors guys. But I am yet to enter League A - for some reason it says that it's full.