Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586738 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4240 on: February 21, 2020, 05:56:10 pm »
Lallana's biggest contribution for me will always be that goal against Middlesbrough that opened the door to the Champions League.

Do you mean Wijnaldum?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4241 on: February 21, 2020, 06:05:33 pm »
That last minute goal against Norwich was his best moment for me. Had a nice goal against City as well in Klopp's debut season

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4242 on: February 21, 2020, 09:35:02 pm »
Do you mean Wijnaldum?

I mixed their goals up, evidently  :-X Since Adam also scored that day.

Anyway, he scored twice away to them that season to win those crucial points too!
Linudden.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4243 on: February 21, 2020, 09:38:48 pm »
It'll always be the Swansea goal for me, just a terrific example of opportunism most players would never had attempted.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4244 on: February 21, 2020, 10:31:03 pm »
More to come yet.

I hope so.

I'll always enjoy watching Lallana play football because it becomes a genuine art when he's on top of his game. But it's especially thrilling when he is in Red. The idea that both Lallana and Firmino are in the same starting XI means Liverpool FC should qualify for an Arts Council grant. Kopites deserve to see that in the grand run-in.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #4245 on: February 21, 2020, 10:35:06 pm »
Shame. I’d keep him. Always nice to have a few UK senior players in the squad. He clearly thinks he should be playing more, which is understandable. He’s still a very good player.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a Ł1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: February 22, 2020, 01:28:16 am »
Said today in work it feels like there's one moment left for him. A winner in a massive game, an equaliser like against United to keep us unbeaten. He's a quality player, gave us his best years, worked hard and never complained when he was out the team. Feel for Henderson though haha

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4247 on: February 23, 2020, 10:35:58 pm »
Utter nonsense. Forget about the goal he scored against Utd  and Everton game then?

Before his goal at Old Trafford, you’d have to go back to the end of the 16/17 season for his last notable contribution. He was basically a non-entity in 17/18 or 18/19.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4248 on: February 24, 2020, 12:38:55 pm »
I agree with Neil from Anfield Wrap. He'll start tonight.

Actually, I'd be a bit surprised if he did. But I hope he does. Firing on all cylinders he'd still make my Liverpool starting XI - at least until Keita starts redeeming his undeniable promise. Trouble with Lallana of course that those cylinders are fragile things.

What a footballer though.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: February 24, 2020, 03:28:08 pm »
Shame about the injuries.

Klopp clearly rated him when he came here, as he was his go to midfielder.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4250 on: February 24, 2020, 05:02:33 pm »
Shame about the injuries.

Klopp clearly rated him when he came here, as he was his go to midfielder.

He was, and he was also the standard for most of Klopp's methods in terms of the coordinated press, long distance efforts and the high intensity training.

He was first choice sub to replace Salah in Kyiv too, so it wasn't only when he arrived that he's loved Lallana.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4251 on: February 24, 2020, 06:31:35 pm »
I agree with Neil from Anfield Wrap. He'll start tonight.

Actually, I'd be a bit surprised if he did. But I hope he does. Firing on all cylinders he'd still make my Liverpool starting XI - at least until Keita starts redeeming his undeniable promise. Trouble with Lallana of course that those cylinders are fragile things.

What a footballer though.

Keita has fulfilled his promise when he’s been on the pitch. What more could have done. Something like 6 goals, 7 assists in his last 13 games. The problem is staying fit in order to get on the pitch. But when he is fit, like now, he will do a good job for us. Like he has pretty much every time he’s played. If you want more from on pitch Keita than he’s shown so far I suspect you’ll be dissapointed.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4252 on: February 24, 2020, 06:33:23 pm »
Keita has fulfilled his promise when he’s been on the pitch. What more could have done. Something like 6 goals, 7 assists in his last 13 games. The problem is staying fit in order to get on the pitch. But when he is fit, like now, he will do a good job for us. Like he has pretty much every time he’s played. If you want more from on pitch Keita than he’s shown so far I suspect you’ll be dissapointed.

Three goals and an assist in eighteen this season ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4253 on: February 25, 2020, 09:14:04 pm »
Three goals and an assist in eighteen this season ;D
Time to update the old adage. False twitter stats will travel twice round the world before the true facts have got their boots on. Or something
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: February 25, 2020, 09:26:24 pm »
Time to update the old adage. False twitter stats will travel twice round the world before the true facts have got their boots on. Or something

There's a thread [that's been here for the last couple of seasons] that I consistently update after every match that has all of the goals and assists for all players  ;)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4255 on: February 25, 2020, 09:42:12 pm »
There's a thread [that's been here for the last couple of seasons] that I consistently update after every match that has all of the goals and assists for all players  ;)
Now, now, why would someone want to use a carefully updated and curated thread when they can just rely on any old bod on twitter?  ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4256 on: June 9, 2020, 11:16:55 am »
Signing a contract extension until the end of the season.

Understand he suggested reduced terms. Jürgen Klopp feels the midfielder has helped create a culture of excellence and wants him to continue his leadership role to the close of 2019-20

There is an understanding, however, between Lallana, Klopp and Liverpool’s owners that priority for selection should go to those such as Takumi Minamino, Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones, who will be at the club for the long-term.

Offering to take a pay cut and recognising that he should get limited game time is pretty fantastic of him and I'm glad he will get to lift the trophy. He may not have contributed much over the last couple of seasons (although his goal at Old Trafford could be seen as very important) but he played a pivotal role in getting us back into the Champions League in Klopp's early days and that gave us the platform to become what we have.

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #4257 on: June 9, 2020, 11:21:18 am »
 His off the pitch contribution seems to be massive too.  If you watch interviews, especially with the likes of TAA, Gomez or Elliott, he alongside Milner and Hendo are the ones they really look up to and seem to be the ones pushing the others to maintain the high training standards.  100% professionalism, can understand why Jurgen rates him so highly.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4258 on: June 9, 2020, 01:19:11 pm »
Love the comments both from Adam and Kloppo.

Klopp:
“I know how highly sought after Adam is in this moment by other clubs who want him for next season, so for him this is a commitment to us and we are very appreciative to him for it.

“This is absolutely how it should be, too, because I am so pleased he will be with us to finish the job this season and have the farewell he deserves so much.

“It is not possible for me to find words in the English language to properly explain the importance of Adam Lallana during my period of being manager of this club.

“What I can say – and want to say – now is even the way he has handled this extension tells you all you need to know about the person and his character. A top-class professional and an even better person.

“Adam always puts the club first – always! In the conversations we have had, he has been the first to express that my priority as a manager needs to be the players who are at this club for longer than just the rest of this season.

“He wants to be here to finish the job and do it properly, but it says everything about him that his biggest concern was blocking the progress and opportunity of a player who is under contract for next season also.

“But his role is too important to lose him before this season is done. So, it’s fantastic we can delay our messages of gratitude and good luck until the end of July now.”

Lallana:
“I am really pleased to have the chance to finish this season – it means a lot to me and my family,” Lallana added.

“Now isn’t the moment to review my time here because the focus needs to be on the remaining nine matches and the club finishing the season in the best manner possible.

“Of course, one of the big personal positives about committing to this short-term extension is that I will now get to say goodbye to the people who mean so much to me in the right way.

“The gaffer has been different class and we’ve had an honest conversation about what my role will be in the remaining weeks. I want to contribute in the most positive way possible that helps him and the team, not just for the remaining matches of this season – but also what they’ll need to consider for next.

“I’m totally at peace with what that looks and feels like, and I know the role I’ll be playing for this team will help in what’s going to be an extraordinary period – the likes of which none of us have ever experienced.

“I feel in my time at Liverpool I’ve always looked to do the right thing for the team, the manager and the club in every decision I’ve made. I think this one fits into that category as well, so I’m buzzing to be seeing out this campaign and hopefully get to celebrate something memorable with an amazing group of people.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/398272-adam-lallana-agrees-short-term-extension-to-liverpool-contract

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: June 9, 2020, 01:26:16 pm »
Great news, deserves it and hopefully he will be allowed to come on the bus parade next year.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: June 9, 2020, 01:32:24 pm »
Could definitely do a job for most sides outside the top 6. Arsenal and Spurs could do worse at the minute as well.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4261 on: June 9, 2020, 01:54:17 pm »
Certainly there to allow us to keep doing 11 vs 11 training without going out doing behind closed doors friendlies.

The Norwich goal will always be in my memories.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4262 on: June 9, 2020, 01:57:09 pm »
Certainly there to allow us to keep doing 11 vs 11 training without going out doing behind closed doors friendlies.

Pretty sure there is a lot more to it than that! Replacing him for a intra-squad friendly would be easy enough.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: June 9, 2020, 01:57:17 pm »
One of my favorite players, just a shame that injuries robbed him of at least 2 seasons here

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: June 9, 2020, 02:06:34 pm »
Think it's really interesting how much they're stressing the focus will be on those who'll be here next season. Basically, it sounds like Klopp wants him around the place - maybe not playing much but certainly involved - and Lallana wants to be part of the title win - and who can blame him! Would have been easy for him to decline the contract extension and opt to protect himself ahead of his Leicester move.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4265 on: June 9, 2020, 02:34:09 pm »
Sheer class

Well in Lallana

I can see Lallana, Milner and of course Henderson having lots of influence in the dressing room.  Particularly with the younger English lads Jones, Elliot etc looking up to these guys.

What ever Jurgen wants, I'm happy with
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4266 on: June 9, 2020, 03:34:30 pm »
absolutely well deserved. One of the few players that have been here since the start of the journey. at least captain hendo will still have his buddy roommate to celebrate lifting the EPL

was it this or last preseason when he came in one of the fittest during the fitness tests. No need to mention who is the fittest in the squad.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4267 on: June 10, 2020, 10:50:08 am »
Think it's really interesting how much they're stressing the focus will be on those who'll be here next season. Basically, it sounds like Klopp wants him around the place - maybe not playing much but certainly involved - and Lallana wants to be part of the title win - and who can blame him! Would have been easy for him to decline the contract extension and opt to protect himself ahead of his Leicester move.

Reminded me of that guy in Championship who declined to play when season re-starts so as to protect his move. Lucky our man isn't like that.

Taking the script from John Wick, Lallana is the man of focus, commitment and sheer will. Just hasn't killed 3 men with a pencil.

I think the doubt around him is his ability to stay fit. And even when he was fit this season, Klopp hasn't started him in league games.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4268 on: June 10, 2020, 10:53:43 am »
Reminded me of that guy in Championship who declined to play when season re-starts so as to protect his move. Lucky our man isn't like that.

Was going to say the same thing, was it a Charlton player? Imagine having someone as selfish as that around the place.

Love those quotes from Klopp and Lallana.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #4269 on: June 10, 2020, 12:11:07 pm »
Was going to say the same thing, was it a Charlton player? Imagine having someone as selfish as that around the place.

I think the number of players who don't agree extensions will be in the minority. Most players have a good relationship with their clubs regardless of contract situation and would happily agree an extension on the same terms for an extra month.

I don't think the protection thing comes into it for most players, else you would get them basically downing tools with 6 months left to go (when they can sign pre-contracts). A few knobs will (like the Charlton player) but most are good professionals.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4270 on: June 13, 2020, 10:44:58 pm »

They talked about that guy on Football Weekly or Totally Football Show, can't remember which, and to be fair, apparently the guy is 30 and his career didn't really take off at all untill he was 25/26. Hasn't had a chance to sort himself for life financially and this was his one chance at that big contract. Understandable with that context.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4271 on: June 13, 2020, 10:49:19 pm »
They talked about that guy on Football Weekly or Totally Football Show, can't remember which, and to be fair, apparently the guy is 30 and his career didn't really take off at all untill he was 25/26. Hasn't had a chance to sort himself for life financially and this was his one chance at that big contract. Understandable with that context.

Isn't,the twat is letting his team down big time.

Arsehole move.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4272 on: June 13, 2020, 11:32:11 pm »

Not for me, you do realise he is officially breaking his contract as the club will be paying him until the end of July. He should be paying.

Rubbish excuse, letting the club down in my mind.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 06:59:36 am by Fordy »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4273 on: June 14, 2020, 12:53:12 am »
Not for me, you do realise he is officially breaking his contract as the club will be paying him until the end of July. He should be paying.

Rubbish excuse, letting the club day in my mind.

I’d think it will, or at least should, put off clubs from signing him too. 

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4274 on: June 14, 2020, 09:20:04 am »
I’d think it will, or at least should, put off clubs from signing him too.

I don't think it'll put clubs off signing him, but it will probably make them offer him less money. So his gamble was losing a bit of money by not playing vs losing a lot of money by playing and potentially getting injured. I guess it's not an unreasonable stance to take if this is your last chance for a payday and you haven't earned all that much in your career.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4275 on: July 8, 2020, 09:47:21 am »
Adam Lallana will not play again for Liverpool to protect transfer, says Klopp
  • Midfielder most likely to rejoin Brendan Rodgers at Leicester
  • Klopp: ‘As long as we don’t need him, he will just train’
From Andy Hunter
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/07/adam-lallana-will-not-play-again-for-liverpool-to-protect-transfer-says-klopp
Nice words from Klopp.  Can only wish Lallana the very best.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4276 on: July 8, 2020, 09:52:01 am »
It's a happy ending for Adam Liverpool career. He is no longer required here but he has won almost all of the major trophy with us.
Believer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4277 on: July 8, 2020, 09:54:03 am »
Really unlucky with his injuries here and didn't really do the business as part of the front three, but when he had a run in midfield he looked the perfect Klopp player.  Good luck to him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4278 on: July 8, 2020, 10:03:29 am »
Am LFC career of 2 halves. 2014-17 he was 41, 49, 35 appearances. 2017-20 it was 15,16,22.

Based on that, it's the right time to part. We're not afraid of giving contracts to players in their 30's, look at Milner for example but the caveat is reliability. Ł5m per year for 17 games per year, many from the bench just isn't value, no matter how good he is around the place.

I'm pleased for him that the big move in his career has resulted in trophies, but injuries have robbed him and us of much more.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4279 on: July 8, 2020, 10:05:07 am »
....I assume the contract extension with him was pretty substantially reduced. Nice for him to see out the season but that’d be fairly horrific business sense if we had no plans to actually play him but kept him on the same wages.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.