Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3078212 times)

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #3120 on: May 26, 2023, 12:59:18 pm »
An article on Lavia by someone who's actually watch him consistently this season...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/05/why-sky-is-the-limit-for-lfc-target-romeo-lavia-he-has-all-the-tools/
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #3121 on: May 26, 2023, 01:02:23 pm »
If Ugarte ends up at Chelsea it'll be frustrating.. PSG I can rationalise .. but no real idea why we're not buying him (and please don't say payment terms because no one cares)

I believe it’s due to payment terms.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3122 on: May 26, 2023, 01:03:08 pm »
I believe it’s due to payment terms.

:)

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #3123 on: May 26, 2023, 01:09:03 pm »
:)

In all seriousness I’m not too sure, I reckon he’d be perfect but it seems we’re going for different profiles of midfielders.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3124 on: May 26, 2023, 01:11:53 pm »
An article on Lavia by someone who's actually watch him consistently this season...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/05/why-sky-is-the-limit-for-lfc-target-romeo-lavia-he-has-all-the-tools/

From what I’ve seen of Lavia I completely agree with this. I hope we sign him, top talent already capable of performing at a good level.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3125 on: May 26, 2023, 01:13:48 pm »
Those quotes aren’t the most encouraging, but they were to be expected.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: May 26, 2023, 01:14:09 pm »
with Ugarte maybe it is lack of english why we dont want him
Nunez by all accounts hasnt settled perfectly due to lack of english

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3127 on: May 26, 2023, 01:19:41 pm »

Local journos in full excuses mode now saying how much money we're going to be losing out on. If you can't see what's coming next them you haven't been paying attention to how FSG operate.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: May 26, 2023, 01:23:00 pm »
Local journos in full excuses mode now saying how much money we're going to be losing out on. If you can't see what's coming next them you haven't been paying attention to how FSG operate.

It'll be the nail in the FSG coffin if they don't spend properly this summer. The squad is end of cycle. It was fine not to spend that much when we were focussed on keeping the squad together and wages sky rocketed as a result. But now...  4 players leaving on frees, another 3 senior CMs no longer good enough/ fit enough to be in the first 11. 2 CBs into their 30s and potentially declining. We absolutely have to sort this squad out now or we'll be very fortunate to be top 4 next year.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: May 26, 2023, 01:27:55 pm »
It'll be the nail in the FSG coffin if they don't spend properly this summer. The squad is end of cycle. It was fine not to spend that much when we were focussed on keeping the squad together and wages sky rocketed as a result. But now...  4 players leaving on frees, another 3 senior CMs no longer good enough/ fit enough to be in the first 11. 2 CBs into their 30s and potentially declining. We absolutely have to sort this squad out now or we'll be very fortunate to be top 4 next year.

Bascombe is even questionning if "such" players will want to join us  ;D. "Jurgen Klopp will have to be at his most charming to convince such players that the Anfield exile will be brief."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: May 26, 2023, 01:29:45 pm »
Bascombe is even questionning if "such" players will want to join us  ;D. "Jurgen Klopp will have to be at his most charming to convince such players that the Anfield exile will be brief."
Chelsea with Frank Lampard as their manager can still attract players. Not buying this shit.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3131 on: May 26, 2023, 01:29:55 pm »
100%. We still have some great pieces, but a rebuild is needed which requires a decent amount of spending. We should easily spend £100m+ but we’ll see how that goes.

I’m in full “wait and see” mode.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3132 on: May 26, 2023, 01:30:20 pm »
Nobody can force them to go, there are here for as long as they like.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3133 on: May 26, 2023, 01:32:22 pm »
It'll be the nail in the FSG coffin if they don't spend properly this summer. The squad is end of cycle...
In general I've been supportive of FSG, despite them making some clear errors in their time here. I think you're right there, though. This summer is crucial for both us and them. If they mess it up again I think much of any remaining good will towards them will definitely wane, possibly fatally.

Hopefully we know who we want and we go out and get them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: May 26, 2023, 01:32:53 pm »
Chelsea with Frank Lampard as their manager can still attract players. Not buying this shit.

it's total bollocks. Players would be dying to play for LFC and Klopp. The only reason we won't sign what's required is ambition.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3135 on: May 26, 2023, 01:33:14 pm »

Lampard hasnt bought anyone for Chelsea though.

What players will like is the fat yank paying them daft wages on 6-8 year contracts !

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: May 26, 2023, 01:34:06 pm »
Lampard hasnt bought anyone for Chelsea though.

What players will like is the fat yank paying them daft wages on 6-8 year contracts !
João Félix confirms he wants to stay at Chelsea: “I don’t know yet on my future, but I loved these months. I would really like to be here”.

Also, they have a realistic chance of signing Ugarte. This is a team in 12th place.

With Jürgen, attracting players shouldn't be an excuse. The journos should come up with a better one.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: May 26, 2023, 01:34:58 pm »

And Everton fans think Onana would fit in at any top club in the league. They thought Richarlison would be good enough to start for Madrid and Barca. Villa fans thought Benteke would score 30 a season for us.

Sometimes it isn't always the best to speak to the fans of the selling club - they tend to think their best player is top level when in fact they are just good in a very bad team.

We need someone who can be a starting defensive Midfielder in the Champions League, I have serious doubts Lavia is that
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:41:40 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3138 on: May 26, 2023, 01:35:27 pm »
Nobody can force them to go, there are here for as long as they like.
They are, but they really won't want to get on the wrong side of this fanbase. They saw how that went when we ousted the cowboys.

They have to step up and support the manager fully this summer. It's a pivotal time for the club and for their ownership too.

Edit: Apologies for talking FSG in here. I actually thought I was in the FSG thread.  :odd
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:47:07 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: May 26, 2023, 01:35:34 pm »
If Ugarte ends up at Chelsea it'll be frustrating.. PSG I can rationalise .. but no real idea why we're not buying him (and please don't say payment terms because no one cares)
Isn't the most likely reason he still rates Fabinho highly and so we aren't going to spend big on someone to play in his role?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: May 26, 2023, 01:36:47 pm »

Our midfield of Lavia, Alex Scott, and Sander Berge will get us into the CL with close to 0 net spend, FSG wet dream

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3141 on: May 26, 2023, 01:37:38 pm »
This new WM system has the 8's as basically free 8's where we need more attacking output than we would want in the older more rigid setup. Bajcetic so far has not indicated that would be a role suited for him. So again, how does Lavia make any sense unless you're already giving up on Bajcetic?

Loads of posts since this, but I will give my answer.

If Bajcetic is seen as a 6, and that’s the focus, then there is no need, or much less need for Lavia.

I’m not so sure Bajcetic will be viewed in that way though. It’s only a small sample size but he started to get up the pitch more and even offered some goalscoring threat. I’m not saying he will be an attacking midfielder, but my guess, at this early stage, is he will be more of an 8 for us, though probably tactically disciplined enough as he matures to also cover the 6 role if needed.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3142 on: May 26, 2023, 01:41:51 pm »
João Félix confirms he wants to stay at Chelsea: “I don’t know yet on my future, but I loved these months. I would really like to be here”.

Also, they have a realistic chance of signing Ugarte. This is a team in 12th place.

With Jürgen, attracting players shouldn't be an excuse. The journos should come up with a better one.

Yeah I get you but Lampard wont be there.

I think we both know we and Klopp can attract players to the club the problem is budget.

I might be wrong but listening to Klopp it seems certain players are out of our price range.

If the worst happens we will all be able to chill & have stress free season as we not challenge for anything major.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3143 on: May 26, 2023, 01:42:54 pm »
Haha sorry, no. Partly my fault  ;D

But we haven't signed anyone yet, which has lots of people very annoyed. And there have been rumours that we might try to sign Lavia and that Southampton might want 40m for him, which has us all fuming at FSG.
We can't sign anyone transfer window hasn't opened. People get annoyed by odd things.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3144 on: May 26, 2023, 01:45:05 pm »
It is a bit of a worry like. The quotes (without context mind) do sound like we are shopping with about £70 million total perhaps when we need to buy 4 players probably.

Our local briefed journalists also playing down our size going into next season, I worry we are going to settle in nicely for a 7th place finish and hope we are happy with that

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: May 26, 2023, 01:47:11 pm »
We can't sign anyone transfer window hasn't opened. People get annoyed by odd things.

Thing is the FSG fans who are admitting right now they have to back Klopp and believe they will (Avens and co) this summer will be on here in August coming up with excuses for them when they don't. 

"We are self sustaining"
"We didn't have UCL money"
"We aren't owned by a state"
"They saved us"

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #3146 on: May 26, 2023, 01:52:04 pm »
Thing is the FSG fans who are admitting right now they have to back Klopp and believe they will (Avens and co) this summer will be on here in August coming up with excuses for them when they don't. 

"We are self sustaining"
"They saved us"

I'm just waiting for 'We have bills to pay'.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3147 on: May 26, 2023, 01:55:04 pm »

"We are self sustaining"
"They saved us"

I've not seen the phrase "shiny new toy" this year yet  ;D

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3148 on: May 26, 2023, 01:55:32 pm »
MacAllister (soon)
Lavia (soon)
Gravenberch (after a 6 week tussle)
Inacio or Van de Ven (soon)

Something like that would be my best guess, as things look to be shaping up. Mind you, it’s impossible to tell what will happen, as there are so many variables.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: May 26, 2023, 01:56:18 pm »
I'm just waiting for 'We have bills to pay'.

The window isn't open. It's only June/July. It's only August we have a month of the window left. Well we clearly had bills to pay and that stand didn't pay for itself.

« Reply #3150 on: May 26, 2023, 01:57:14 pm »
Haha he doesn't half talk some bollocks sometimes.  No player has impressed him more than Carvalho but he won't play him in any matches and he's sending him out on loan.  The fantastic career comment suggests he's not really got a future with us.
Sometimes I wonder what the moral is when we sign a player who clearly doesn't fit into any roles in the system we play. They end up underused and eventually get loaned out or sold. Why don't we focus on buying the right players for our system and stop daydreaming of converting them into something they are not?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: May 26, 2023, 01:59:58 pm »

"We are self sustaining"
"They saved us"
"We can't attract players without CL football" (forgetting that we barely spend when we're in it)
"We'll go big next year"
"We're keeping our powder dry for a big signing"
"Very few players would improve us"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 02:02:26 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: May 26, 2023, 02:01:39 pm »
MacAllister (soon)
Lavia (soon)

Something like that would be my best guess, as things look to be shaping up. Mind you, it’s impossible to tell what will happen, as there are so many variables.

I mean, it's Klopp, so maybe he can turn that into gold, but that as a summer would be thought of as good for say, Aston Villa or (if they ever got their act together), Spurs. For a team that's recently been in 3 CL finals, topped 90 points three times, and won everything going, it's pretty hard to be wowed by, isn't it?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3153 on: May 26, 2023, 02:03:06 pm »
I've not seen the phrase "shiny new toy" this year yet  ;D

That was a good one to use last year when posters were begging for a CM and, entirely appropriately, it got plenty of air time. Now if we'd really missed having midfield reinforcements this season the shiny new you brigade may have had a leg to stand on but as it is, given our sterling midfield performances, they've just showed what they're really interested in. Shiny toys.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: May 26, 2023, 02:11:43 pm »
MacAllister (soon)
Lavia (soon)

That’s a good Europa League team transfer window.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3155 on: May 26, 2023, 02:16:44 pm »
A couple of pages ago an agreement seemed to be reached about discussing the attributes of players we are interested in/suit our style.

Yet again it’s degenerated into an FSG knocking thread, when one of them exists.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3156 on: May 26, 2023, 02:18:19 pm »
I totally expect us to get players who are value for money here and I see that as a good thing. The recruitment side has been hampered with Edwards leaving and Ward just wasnt ready for the job or so it seems. We need to invest there because we were once ahead of the curve in identifying the right players and getting them at the right price where as now we seem miles behind the pack. The forward planning has to improve substantially. If we dont start fixing that it'll get worse in 3-4 seasons because we'll be losing Mo, Hendo, Thiago, Fab, Virgil in that time and Ali would be close to being done too. That's the whole core of this squad. We need a plan that can see these transitions happen better and what we get in can support these major outgoings which will be inevitable not very far into the future.
Jorg Shmadtke, if he is the one who ends up being the guy, needs to soove this major problem. We have to build for now and the future. And that means we need to find value for our money insread of marquee 50-60 million signings. I don't think signing 2-3 midfielders does that and Klopp acknowledged as much. There has to be significant change this summer.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #3157 on: May 26, 2023, 02:18:21 pm »
MacAllister (soon)
Lavia (soon)

It seems pretty on the money from the early reports.

Villa fans thought Benteke would score 30 a season for us.

In fairness he probably would have if we weren’t buying him after that achilles injury where he was progressing well. Mind-boggling decision to buy, we were lucky to get most of our money back by flipping him to Palace 12 months later.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3158 on: May 26, 2023, 02:20:16 pm »

In fairness he probably would have if we weren’t buying him after that achilles injury where he was progressing well. Mind-boggling decision to buy, we were lucky to get most of our money back by flipping him to Palace 12 months later.

And Palace got their money back by selling Bolassie to Everton. :D

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: May 26, 2023, 02:24:10 pm »

He would have been better but I don't think he would have been a huge success, just didn't really suit our set up. He would have been quicker which would have helped but I don't think he would have been the world class level striker Villa fans thought he was