Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 150478 times)

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #1320 on: April 29, 2015, 01:42:55 pm »
I have truly given up on this season. I switched off at HT could not see how we were going to create a chance let alone score a goal. (Really forgot how that feels to be fair. Is it when the round thing goes into the net. Last season was the best I have had as a supporter and I really miss those free scoring days and beating the likes of Spurs for fun. To lose to Hull is just wrong and very upsetting. I am a Rodgers fan and I believe in his project for us but if this carries on his job will come into question come the season end for sure. Just don't seem to have the goals in the side. Plenty of play but no end product.   

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1321 on: April 29, 2015, 01:48:06 pm »
Operation 'no Europa League' is becoming a bit too obvious

Coutinho one game-loan to Villa?
I hope this isn't the truth and we are not gambling with a 7th place and a possible Villa cup win.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: April 29, 2015, 01:48:41 pm »
The real damage was done managerially speaking in the Crystal palace match when we let a 3 goal lead slip.

Still feel sick remembering that game...

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: April 29, 2015, 01:53:51 pm »
Still feel sick remembering that game...

Please don't

:'(

Just the image of Suarez making it three and grabbing the ball out the net. I genuinely thought we were going to get 6 or 7 at that point.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: April 29, 2015, 01:53:54 pm »
Coutinho one game-loan to Villa?
I hope this isn't the truth and we are not gambling with a 7th place and a possible Villa cup win.

It's not, we just don't have a proper forward and it's killing our attack. We've been scraping by for a while hoping for players like Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho to pop up with just enough goals to keep us winning, so sooner or later we were bound to hit a rough patch. I still think we have a really strong team, we look good with the ball, solid defensively and have plenty of players who can play that final pass, it's just that last season we had two strikers making the right runs and hitting the right shots, and this season we have no one.

We need a quick, top level striker next season, no question about it.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1325 on: April 29, 2015, 01:54:33 pm »
We're on course for it.

I have a lot of faith in these players and in Rodgers that we can get 8th. It will be a push but I think if we work really, really hard at Melwood, we should be able to lose about three quarters of our remaining games.

The lads are doing a fantastic job at the moment, just need to keep it going.

;D Basically every interview.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:58 pm »
If Brendan was anything close to a "tactical genius" he wouldn't of gone balls to the wall attack against Chelsea when we only needed a point, and we'd of won the league. Naivity.

I hate all this wisdom after the event.

At the time we needed 7 points from our last 3 to win the League. All the talk for weeks had been about the potential banana skin that away to a resurgent Palace would be.. Pulis/night game/best intimidating atmosphere on the planet blah blah blah.  Everyone considered Newcastle was a gimme, which left Chelsea.  Isn't it reasonable to think that maybe we, and the staff and players might have thought that if we beat Chelsea (not an unreasonable thought given our home form then) then we can afford a draw in our tricky Palace away??

That's how I saw it. And besides, setting out for a boredraw v Chelsea...  can you imagine what you'd be saying now if that was our intent and they'd nicked it at the end. You'd be even more livid and rightfully so.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: April 29, 2015, 01:58:59 pm »
If anybody at the club has even suggested not wanting EL they should be thrown out of the club immediately and told to fuck off
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: April 29, 2015, 02:01:15 pm »
M
I have truly given up on this season. I switched off at HT could not see how we were going to create a chance let alone score a goal. (Really forgot how that feels to be fair. Is it when the round thing goes into the net. Last season was the best I have had as a supporter and I really miss those free scoring days and beating the likes of Spurs for fun. To lose to Hull is just wrong and very upsetting. I am a Rodgers fan and I believe in his project for us but if this carries on his job will come into question come the season end for sure. Just don't seem to have the goals in the side. Plenty of play but no end product.   

Maybe it's time we take the cardboard arrows pointing to where the goal is.   I did laugh when I see that ociture, I think was a dutch team supporters that did this.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: April 29, 2015, 02:04:19 pm »
 >:(

One more thing.

Macca is a c*nt. A complete, utter c*nt.

Offline apocalypse

• Kopite
« Reply #1330 on: April 29, 2015, 02:22:20 pm »
It's a sign of the times that I'm actually looking forward to Europa League next season..

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1331 on: April 29, 2015, 02:23:45 pm »

One more thing.

eh? what's he said now?

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: April 29, 2015, 02:34:36 pm »

One more thing.

That's another two fucking nicker you owe me now. Call us it another half dozen times and just give us a packet of Regal King Size bifters would you please Shaun ;D
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: April 29, 2015, 02:35:00 pm »
Operation 'no Europa League' is becoming a bit too obvious

Are you suggesting Rodgers is tanking games?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: April 29, 2015, 02:35:16 pm »
eh? what's he said now?

Doe you think anyone needs an excuse to call me that?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1335 on: April 29, 2015, 02:37:31 pm »
Doe you think anyone needs an excuse to call me that?
oh, i ignore all references to you. I thought he was talking about Steve Macca ;D

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: April 29, 2015, 02:38:12 pm »
Please don't

:'(

Just the image of Suarez making it three and grabbing the ball out the net. I genuinely thought we were going to get 6 or 7 at that point.

Can't criticise the manager or the players that night, I genuinely thought and shouted for us to keep going. Don't think I have ever been as proud or as caught in a moment as much as when Suarez grabbed the ball from the net- after the season we had it felt like we could hit any number of goals.

If Brendan was anything close to a "tactical genius" he wouldn't of gone balls to the wall attack against Chelsea when we only needed a point, and we'd of won the league. Naivity.

Absolute, benefit of hindsight, bollocks. Did you actually watch that game, or has the result clouded your memory? We didn't go gung ho, we didn't leave ourselves open at the back and were in relative control against a team who had parked the bus. One mistake that no one could foresee and it means the manager was naive? Fuck me, we really do have some absolute bellends in our support.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #1337 on: April 29, 2015, 02:39:41 pm »
This thread has opened my eyes as to what the club is about, and so in similar fashion, I have compiled a list of Kop Anthems for 2015.

Liverpool FC 2015 Anthems

"Brendan! Rodgers! Brendan! Rodgers! Brendan Rodgers Liverpool we're gonna finish seventh, sell our best player abroad and then we'll be eleveeenth"

"Ohhh we're mid table, it's all we're able, to really do. They say we've got no goal scorers; we're playing well to par, to finish in top four would have been utopiaaa"

"And it's Sentimenttt. Sentimeeeent FC! We are quiiite an average team, but show blind loyalty."

And who can forget the classic fan favourite on our UEFA Ranking:

"Lower than Dnipro! Lower than Dnipro! La laaa laaa laaa! La laaa laaa laaa!"

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: April 29, 2015, 02:54:17 pm »
Also the ever famous

"Paltry emotion, tra la la la la! Paltry emotion, tra la la la la la la la! No determination, tra la la la la! No determination, tra la la la la la la la."
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: April 29, 2015, 03:36:38 pm »
Fucking pull yourself together, tosser.

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: April 29, 2015, 03:42:19 pm »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1341 on: April 29, 2015, 03:44:20 pm »
If anybody at the club has even suggested not wanting EL they should be thrown out of the club immediately and told to fuck off
Well, with the cost of airline tickets, so much deadweight....I can understand people wanting us to save a few bucks by avoiding unnecessary expenses.  8)

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: April 29, 2015, 03:51:48 pm »
Last season was the best I have had as a supporter and I really miss those free scoring days and beating the likes of Spurs for fun. To lose to Hull is just wrong and very upsetting.

We lost to Hull last season too!

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: April 29, 2015, 03:57:41 pm »
oh, i ignore all references to you. I thought he was talking about Steve Macca ;D

Conor, that silliness means you get to pay Macca my £2 fine. The c*nt. Make that £3.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1344 on: April 29, 2015, 04:01:03 pm »
Conor, that silliness means you get to pay Macca my £2 fine. The c*nt. Make that £3.
Gtf!! ;D

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: April 29, 2015, 04:03:30 pm »
Please why do people chat so much shit about this? We tried to win the game and Gerrard fucking slipped, thats not on Brendan is it? Then we went all out against the bus and they scored a late goal when we had all our team pushed up.

Any sensible team would have had an infinite number of players covering the last man (then one covering him, then...).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: April 29, 2015, 04:08:51 pm »
Any sensible team would have had an infinite number of players covering the last man (then one covering him, then...).

Aye but silly fucking Brendan probably asked for the pitch to be watered to suit our passing game. So he still has loads to answer for.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: April 29, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »
I am one of those rose-tinted supporters who will err on the side of caution and give any player or manger the benefit of the doubt. (Hodgson being the only exception from day one and I shall not apologize for it.) I have enjoyed watching Liverpool under Rogers but have now resigned myself to the fact that he is simply not up to the standard required. He is still young in managerial terms and can still grow into a great manager. However,can we afford him to learn his trade on our patch? I do not believe that we can chance it.  I have enjoyed his football philosophy but he has lost me for the following reasons:-
- First and foremost, our excursions into Europe were downright embarrassing for a club of our stature and history. Nevermind our horror show in the champs league, we were not even up to scratch in the Europa league;
-I do not believe that he is able to lure top foreign players or is it the club having slipped into mediocrity?? Klopp , Benitez or Ancelotti could probably attract the top players.
-his failure to utilize his players/resources correctly:- far too many players playing in the wrong position. Since when is Can a right back?? In a back three -yes but never a right back. Too often , there has been a lack of balance;
-his in-game management. I excused both him and the team from the Chelsea debacle last year when the ref was incompetent in regard to their time wasting. I felt that either he or Gerrard should have taken responsibility in calming the team down. We lost our heads that day because of our lack of composure and patience. Too much heart and not enough head.
- too many games this season where we did not match the fight or intensity of our opponents. This is down to the manager. If it were me and a player does not show fight, he would be substituted right away;
- his failure to appreciate what has not worked and has yet reverted to such style or player with the same results.

I do not have the solution but do believe that Rogers isn't the solution.  It is not for me to decide his future. I will continue to support him but have little faith that he can turn it around. A shake up in the quality of player is long overdue. Some of the current crop are simply not good enough and for the life of me cannot see what our scouting dept./ Transfer Committe ever saw in them.He has repeated far too many mistakes. I do not care how talented a player is, if he lacks the intensity or fight-then I blame the manager for failing to deal with that situation. It concerns me that he is not getting the best out players. Certain players eg: Moreno have simply gone backwards.

As for his replacement, I am not sure that Klopp is the right man and as much as I was in the Rafa camp, I am not sure his return at this stage with the current set up would be a good mix. Ultimately, I think the players will decide. Is there a split in the camp? If so- it is merely a question of time.

Offline shawnk

• redemptn
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1349 on: April 29, 2015, 04:36:14 pm »
Yep, Suarez wasn't carrying us last season and Sturridge is better than him.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #1350 on: April 29, 2015, 04:37:44 pm »
I wish we could get off the Roundabout and back on the swing..... (pleasssse)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: April 29, 2015, 04:46:07 pm »
- First and foremost, our excursions into Europe were downright embarrassing for a club of our stature and history. Nevermind our horror show in the champs league, we were not even up to scratch in the Europa league;

We lack confidence in Europe and need to be playing in it consistently to have a chance of doing well. We've signed so many players who lack experience in that arena that we've yet to look comfortable there.

-I do not believe that he is able to lure top foreign players or is it the club having slipped into mediocrity?? Klopp , Benitez or Ancelotti could probably attract the top players.

Top footballers tend to look at location, money and the guarantee of Europe when signing for clubs. We can't really offer the best of any of those.

-his failure to utilize his players/resources correctly:- far too many players playing in the wrong position. Since when is Can a right back?? In a back three -yes but never a right back. Too often , there has been a lack of balance;

Disagree outright here. He's used a lot of players in a wide variety of positions to great success. Ibe at wingback, Gerrard as DM last season, Markovic wingback, Can in defence, Coutinho in midfield, Sterling up front, all of these examples have worked well. He's also changed the formation multiple times to get the best out of our top players and to hide our weaknesses.

-his in-game management. I excused both him and the team from the Chelsea debacle last year when the ref was incompetent in regard to their time wasting. I felt that either he or Gerrard should have taken responsibility in calming the team down. We lost our heads that day because of our lack of composure and patience. Too much heart and not enough head.

Fair enough, a lot of substitutions he's made have pretty much killed our momentum in games.

- too many games this season where we did not match the fight or intensity of our opponents. This is down to the manager. If it were me and a player does not show fight, he would be substituted right away;

We've shown plenty of fight, this feels like a comment based on our last few matches, rather than the last few seasons.

- his failure to appreciate what has not worked and has yet reverted to such style or player with the same results.

He changes things regularly. Again this feels like it's based on the last few games.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1352 on: April 29, 2015, 04:59:57 pm »
Last night, the side looked like it had for the first part of the season again.

We went through a stage where we went 13 or so games unbeaten and completely rejuvinated - same(ish) players but certainly the same manager. We finished second in the league last season. We only lost one player from that side albeit one of the Worlds best players in Suarez, but ostensibly we have the same players we had then.

My issue here is that when we played a certain way, we blow sides away. Old addage is: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Since we've gone from the high tempo game that wipes sides off the face of the Earth, to this turgid, languid, aimless and compeltely ineffectual 'play from the back' (incidentally my lads U8' side are told to play this way and it's frighteningly awful to watch - and they get the bonus of having the opposing side retreat into their own half on goal kicks!) where we get closed down so fucking easily and surrender possession, we look absolutely dogshit.

My issue with this is thus: Brendan Rodgers has more than enough nous and capability to get this side playing great, effective football. He's also shown in the past that he can change things around and still be effective, BUT this is by playing swift, passing, precise football. Therefore, what the FLYING FUCK are we STILL doing playing a brand of football that U8's and every man-jack can easily and effectively counter?? Posession is all well and good, but not if it's all only in your own half!

The real problem for me though is that although I am an advocate of Brendan, my support of him is in serious doubt after the past five or so games - we've played awfully, and yet we still maintain this 'structure'. the issue is plain to see, but his seemingly steadfast refusal to move away from the 'build from the back' style is now massively damaging him. I made a point earlier in the season where I called into question his backroom staff - what role(s) do they play? If we're talking about Rafa, it's no co-incidence than when Aysteran left, the team suffered.

Rodgers has looked like a rabbit in headlights for a while now and that more than anything else, has shaken my confidence in him. We hear and see nothing from Pascoe who seems a lovely bloke but I question his temprament and credentials as a top flight assistant manager as someone needs to offer an alternative opinion.

We're at a stick or twist stage again. IF we get rid, we're effectively going to go through another two year rebuilding stage where the new manager gets who he wants in and inposes himself on the squad. IF we stick, we're gambling another year in the hope that no European football (which looks likely) will allow us to do what we done last year, BUT the downside is that we need massive investment in the squad again (made easier by the influx of cash from the Sky deal) and a LOT of players removed at the same time

Key question is of course, this: Does the club have the faith and trust in Rodgers and his backroom staff to get us back where we want to be? I'm not seeing any signs either way, but looking at it from a playing perspective, it don't look good, even given last years achievements.

I have a feeling that because of the disaster that this season has been, even though everyone else has looked utter shit, everyone's faith in Brendan and the management team is being lost/lost completely. If that's the case, he's gone, but for some reason I think FSG will back him for another year, but failure next season will ultimately see the end. Whatever the case, we really can't have any more of the sort of performances seen last night and over the past 4-5 games, as it's been singlularly atrocious and is eating away at an alarming rate the good faith built up last season. Problem is: I really can't see it changing, but getting worse as we look bereft of any getup and go/ideas.

Hope the fuck not though...

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: April 29, 2015, 05:33:02 pm »
If we're talking about Rafa, it's no co-incidence than when Aysteran left, the team suffered.

Ayesteran quit at the beginning of the 2007-2008 season mate. We were excellent without him in 2008-2009.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: April 29, 2015, 06:31:05 pm »
Just seen this result. I didn't even know we were playing yesterday. From just scanning the tread, I take it we were shite, then? Over 100m spent on this side in the summer, and not one player can get us a goal from somewhere? Something's up with that.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: April 29, 2015, 06:32:20 pm »
The only cracks i can see are ones Rodgers has made.

Transfer committee?
Ian Ayre?
Youth set-up?
Tea lady?

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: April 29, 2015, 06:36:18 pm »
Ayesteran quit at the beginning of the 2007-2008 season mate. We were excellent without him in 2008-2009.

The Rafa talk seems illogical.

Would he be better than Rodgers with this squad of dross? Would he be allowed to buy who he wanted? Wouldn't he be told which players are suitable based on metrics? How would that work out?

One thing I would agree with is that we'd be miles better in Europe. And that's it.

But when has a manager had a successful second spell at a club? Genuine question.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #1357 on: April 29, 2015, 06:37:46 pm »
Transfer committee?
Ian Ayre?
Youth set-up?
Tea lady?

The tea lady has an alibi, she was with me.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: April 29, 2015, 06:41:55 pm »

Would he be better than Rodgers with this squad of dross? Would he be allowed to buy who he wanted? Wouldn't he be told which players are suitable based on metrics? How would that work out?

One thing I would agree with is that we'd be miles better in Europe. And that's it.

But when has a manager had a successful second spell at a club? Genuine question.
The boring one is on the verge of winning a title for the plastics. If you can call the dross his teams serve up as success.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: April 29, 2015, 06:42:19 pm »

Jupp Heynckes.  ;)