32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 630706 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #9000 on: August 9, 2020, 08:46:12 pm »
Not just this match but the snooker so far at this tournament has been played at such a fast pace.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9001 on: August 9, 2020, 08:49:10 pm »
Not just this match but the snooker so far at this tournament has been played at such a fast pace.

You obviously aren't watching the McGill-Clarke match :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9002 on: August 9, 2020, 08:49:31 pm »
If I see a better breakbuilder in my time than O'Sullivan I'll consider myself very fortunate.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9003 on: August 9, 2020, 08:53:29 pm »
If I see a better breakbuilder in my time than O'Sullivan I'll consider myself very fortunate.

You've never seen me play 8 ball pool on miniclip.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9004 on: August 9, 2020, 08:54:39 pm »
This interview with O'Sullivan is hilarious.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9005 on: August 9, 2020, 08:57:55 pm »
This interview with O'Sullivan is hilarious.

Did he basically say all the new players are shit? Only caught the end.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9006 on: August 9, 2020, 08:58:37 pm »
'I'd have to lose an arm and a leg to fall out the top 50' ;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9007 on: August 9, 2020, 09:08:17 pm »
Did he basically say all the new players are shit? Only caught the end.

Yep.

He's a bit of twat when it comes to stuff like that and talks a lot of crap but it was still funny.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9008 on: August 9, 2020, 09:12:02 pm »
Really like watching Ronnie play snooker, however, he always comes across like a twat every time he opens his mouth.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9009 on: August 9, 2020, 09:30:27 pm »
Yep.

He's a bit of twat when it comes to stuff like that and talks a lot of crap but it was still funny.

Thanks. I've never really been a fan of his but prefer him now than when he was younger. Doesnt seem as serious as he once was in interviews.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9010 on: August 9, 2020, 09:42:32 pm »
a more serious interview on eurosport, unsurprisingly considering he works for them

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9011 on: August 9, 2020, 09:47:09 pm »
That was hilarious and he's spot on the youngsters are shit, the top 50 players in the world are full of old pensioners  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9012 on: August 9, 2020, 10:14:14 pm »
McGill and Clarke are 21 frames in and the highest break is 78. Pot successes of 85 and 82 percent respectively.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9013 on: August 9, 2020, 10:18:14 pm »
McGill and Clarke are 21 frames in and the highest break is 78. Pot successes of 85 and 82 percent respectively.

Wasn't Clarke winning 8-2...Now losing 11-10.

Even McGill doesn't watch Clarke play when hes in.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9014 on: August 9, 2020, 10:30:46 pm »
fair enough it's the biggest game of his life but that 60-odd break by clarke then was awful.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9015 on: August 9, 2020, 10:40:36 pm »
Really like watching Ronnie play snooker, however, he always comes across like a twat every time he opens his mouth.
Yeah, feel the same. Find him a bit disrespectful to the game that has given him so much. Got a touch of the Danny Rose about him.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9016 on: August 9, 2020, 11:10:18 pm »
This McGill v Clarke match is what Ronnie was talking about :P
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #9017 on: August 9, 2020, 11:28:24 pm »
I love Ronnie, he's my favourite player of all time - the lad is a wizard on the table and will go down as a great.

But the more I hear him talk, the more I think that he just comes across as a full on wanker.

I don't know any other sportsman at the top of their game who religiously degrades the sport they play and openly criticises their competitors ability.

He just sounds so arrogant and ungrateful. It's absolutely cringeworthy to listen to.

If he doesn't want to be there, quit. Stop turning up, saying he's just there to 'try and have a bit of fun'  and to 'try and enjoy it'.

Whinging about having to avoid people when fans are at the crucible.... :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9018 on: August 9, 2020, 11:41:48 pm »
This McGill v Clarke match is what Ronnie was talking about :P

Sometimes in a game like this you can feel the tension and see it on the player's faces. These two just look bored now though!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9019 on: August 9, 2020, 11:43:03 pm »
they may have just dragged each other down but if these 2 had been playing anyone half decent they'd have been destroyed.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9020 on: August 9, 2020, 11:52:08 pm »
I know he's getting on a bit but this is as bad as I've seen Steve Davis play.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9021 on: August 9, 2020, 11:53:36 pm »
on ron, I think he just likes fucking with interviewers. when he's on eurosport doing either punditing or commentating he's usually completely different

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #9022 on: August 9, 2020, 11:55:42 pm »
I know he's getting on a bit but this is as bad as I've seen Steve Davis play.
Prime Steve Davis whitewashes both of them without breaking a sweat.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9023 on: August 10, 2020, 12:04:15 am »
This lengthy series of snookers and misses is exactly what this game needed.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9024 on: August 10, 2020, 12:10:31 am »
This lengthy series of snookers and misses is exactly what this game needed.

At least they're not keeping a crowd full of pensioners and blokes who reckoned they could nip to the Fat Cat for a couple before going home up.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9025 on: August 10, 2020, 12:11:19 am »
Clarke's brain gone...

Ronny had to be talking about these two. Shocking play.

Clarke was 8-2!! Then 12-11 up then brakes 60 then misses the pink...Lost 13-12...

Such poor standard.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9026 on: August 10, 2020, 12:13:15 am »
clarke had his chances but he just didn't take them.

scheduling seems wrong that mcgill has to play again today.

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #9027 on: August 10, 2020, 12:37:46 am »
Quarter final draw:

Trump vs Wilson 9-13

Maflin vs McGill 10-13

Williams vs O'Sullivan 10-13

Selby 13-7 vs Robertson

So the quarter finals has gone to seeding except for Maflin vs McGill (should have been Higgins vs Allen).

23 century breaks in Round 2 (Hawkins & Selby 3, Higgins, Ding, Saengkham, O'Sullivan, Robertson, Yan Bingtao, Wilson 2, Trump, Gould, Bingham 1).  This is compared with 31 in 2019.  Obviously the 147 by Higgins as well (11th in Crucible history).

61 centuries in total vs 63 at the end of round 2 in 2019.  Ding, Allen & Gould all have 5 centuries, but are all out of the tournament, Maflin, Selby, Robertson & O'Sullivan all have 4 & are in the quarters..  McGill & Williams both have no centuries yet (highest break 87 for McGill, 97 for Williams). 40 centuries needed in the last 7 matches (maximum of 201 frames) to break last year's record of 100 centuries.

I think it will be Trump vs Maflin in the top semi final & O'Sullivan vs Selby in the bottom semi.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:07:56 pm by Dan The Man 28373 »

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #9028 on: August 10, 2020, 12:42:15 am »

McGill only has to play one session today & it's the afternoon session as well, just one of the quirks of the draw & the scheduling.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9029 on: August 10, 2020, 02:39:39 am »
I agree that O’Sullivan’s attitude can be grating. I’m not his biggest fan, but I can see his point here.

I heard that interview more as him being exasperated at the state of the game. It’s the same old faces. Snooker is in dire need of some young upstarts to shake things up and make things uncomfortable for the older generation.

I’d rather see an interview like that than a PR-friendly one that pretends everything will turn out alright. The reality is the game is in trouble here.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9030 on: August 10, 2020, 08:54:19 am »

It's not the Snooker bodies fault that him and Clarke were so shite.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9031 on: August 10, 2020, 08:56:45 am »
Quarter final draw:

Trump vs Wilson

Maflin vs McGill

Williams vs O'Sullivan

Selby vs Robertson

So the quarter finals has gone to seeding except for Maflin vs McGill (should have been Higgins vs Allen).

23 century breaks in Round 2 (Hawkins & Selby 3, Higgins, Ding, Saengkham, O'Sullivan, Robertson, Yan Bingtao, Wilson 2, Trump, Gould, Bingham 1).  This is compared with 31 in 2019.  Obviously the 147 by Higgins as well (11th in Crucible history).

61 centuries in total vs 63 at the end of round 2 in 2019.  Ding, Allen & Gould all have 5 centuries, but are all out of the tournament, Maflin, Selby, Robertson & O'Sullivan all have 4 & are in the quarters..  McGill & Williams both have no centuries yet (highest break 87 for McGill, 97 for Williams). 40 centuries needed in the last 7 matches (maximum of 201 frames) to break last year's record of 100 centuries.

I think it will be Trump vs Maflin in the top semi final & O'Sullivan vs Selby in the bottom semi.

Trump V Wilson could be close. Trump hasn't been great so far.
Maflin V McGill - I am not sure if Clarke was dragging McGill down.
Williams V Ronnie - Depends which Ronny turns up
Selby V Robbo - Robbo for me in this one.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9032 on: August 10, 2020, 09:03:27 am »
Been really impressed with Kurt, but apart from him the new faces (new to me anyway) have been decidedly average/poor, so I get where Ronnie’s coming from. Not sure it’s very loyal, if that’s the right word. A bit unsupportive of players who were once where he was, but he’s nothing if not honest!

It’s no wonder players like Mark Williams have decided to carry on. It’s his living at the end of the day and if the younger lads can’t cope with the concentration and patience you need (to go with their natural talent), then good luck to the old guard. I love seeing Ronnie and co in the latter stages.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9033 on: August 10, 2020, 09:09:50 am »
P.S. I went for Trump to retain his title when my 14 year old snooker obsessed nephew offered me a pre-tourney fiver bet on the winner. He went for Ronnie. I’m still sticking with that. Judd to beat Ronnie in the final. The stakes are high! Robertson is the one that could null and void the bet imo.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9034 on: August 10, 2020, 09:17:33 am »

The scheduling has always been like that, that some players will have to play every day from near the end of the second round through to the final, whilst others have a couple of days off until the quarters then play every day through to the final.
#Sausages

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9035 on: August 10, 2020, 09:20:23 am »
I agree that O’Sullivan’s attitude can be grating. I’m not his biggest fan, but I can see his point here.

I heard that interview more as him being exasperated at the state of the game. It’s the same old faces. Snooker is in dire need of some young upstarts to shake things up and make things uncomfortable for the older generation.

I’d rather see an interview like that than a PR-friendly one that pretends everything will turn out alright. The reality is the game is in trouble here.

He's also box office which is precisely what the game needs. It needs personalities and at the moment he is about the only one people love to watch.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9036 on: August 10, 2020, 10:07:48 am »
it's the QF so it obviously can't be helped. Don't try thinking about sporting tournament scheduling with a hangover.

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9037 on: August 10, 2020, 10:46:48 am »
He's also box office which is precisely what the game needs. It needs personalities and at the moment he is about the only one people love to watch.

On the table Ronnie is a great asset but off the table he’s a bellend. You can just about accept him slagging of the young players and the fans which he did in his interview. I think it’s even worse to constantly whinge about not enjoying the game that has given him everything. If you genuinely can’t face playing then don’t turn up. If you do turn up, then show a bit more respect

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9038 on: August 10, 2020, 11:00:53 am »
one game is 2-1 and the other is still 0-0. you can guess which is which.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9039 on: August 10, 2020, 11:44:04 am »
one game is 2-1 and the other is still 0-0. you can guess which is which.

One is now 2-0 whilst the other is back after the mid session interval at 2-2.
#Sausages