Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603587 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5040 on: June 13, 2018, 01:31:51 am »
for lebron yes, Aldridge and gay should work, Cavs can flip Aldridge for some younger pieces to rebuild around

And then we have Kawhi and Lebron in the starting 5 and no one else worth mentioning.

Nah.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5041 on: June 13, 2018, 07:22:54 am »
And then we have Kawhi and Lebron in the starting 5 and no one else worth mentioning.

Nah.
2 of the three best players in the league???

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5042 on: June 13, 2018, 09:11:47 am »
Damn, didn't see this coming..

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1006555516280147969

Raptors Agree To Hire Nick Nurse As Head Coach

The Toronto Raptors have agreed to hire Nick Nurse as head coach.

Nurse was on the coaching staff of Dwane Casey.

Nurse was a longtime coach in Europe and in the G League before joining the Raptors in 2013.

The Raptors entrusted Nurse with large parts of their offense.

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5043 on: June 14, 2018, 09:25:58 pm »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5044 on: June 15, 2018, 01:12:55 am »
2 of the three best players in the league???

You can't win a chip with just two players contributing.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5045 on: June 15, 2018, 06:55:39 am »
What decent team can afford Lebron without gutting their roster?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5046 on: June 15, 2018, 08:55:37 am »

Boston  ;)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: June 15, 2018, 10:48:55 am »
You can't win a chip with just two players contributing.
better chance with Lebron over Aldridge!!

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5048 on: June 15, 2018, 12:46:48 pm »
LA got space for two super max.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: June 15, 2018, 01:06:44 pm »
LA got space for two super max.
;)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5050 on: June 15, 2018, 01:13:05 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5051 on: June 15, 2018, 07:04:10 pm »
Kawhi wants to be traded

either to LA or NY

Per Woj.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5052 on: June 15, 2018, 07:11:18 pm »
Kawhi wants to be traded

either to LA or NY

Per Woj.

lakers can at least throw Kuzma and Ingram but why would they when they can get him for nothing next year? And the Knicks aren’t giving up porzingis so god knows how they get him, sa should try to trade him to the kings for the #2 pick (or find a way to get it in a multi team trade) so they’d have a blue chippy in return, as it’s bloody difficult to get something good when you give up the best player in their prime

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #5053 on: June 15, 2018, 08:31:31 pm »
Kawhi wants to be traded

either to LA or NY

Per Woj.

Be still my beating heart. Be still.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: June 16, 2018, 12:32:38 pm »
Now Woj stating that Kawhi hasn't expressed to SA anything about wanting to go there, SA not in a rush, Pop will not trade him to the Lakers especially, or in the Western Conference to a rival.

I'd only do a deal with Boston and if not, he can play out his contract.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5055 on: June 16, 2018, 01:51:37 pm »
Kawhi Leonard Seeking Trade From Spurs

NBA Sends Memo Suggesting Possible Elimination Of One-And-Done Rule By 2021

Kawhi Leonard Has Lakers Atop Trade List

Source: Celtics Believe Kyrie Irving Remains Happy In Boston

Gregg Popovich Has Yet To Meet With Kawhi Leonard In Person

Deandre Ayton: My Life Became A Job Upon Moving To USA

Celtics Believe Possibility Of Trading For LeBron James Is 'Unlikely'

Hawks Interested In Trae Young If They Trade Down

Darrell Arthur Exercises $7.4M Player Option With Nuggets

LeBron James Briefly Went To Miami Before Start Of Finals

Michael Porter Jr. Cleared For Friday Pro Day

Tyus Jones Considered Requesting Trade From Wolves

Nuggets Aggressively Trying To Unload Kenneth Faried

Grizzlies Explore Trading No. 4 Pick To Unload Chandler Parsons

Marvin Bagley Jr. Signs Endorsement Deal With Puma

Heat Extend Qualifying Offer To Derrick Jones Jr.

Masai Ujiri: Nick Nurse Is A Great Coach In The Making

Clippers Hire Rex Kalamian As Assistant Coach

Gregg Popovich May Not Coach Spurs Beyond 19-20

Lakers Ask Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma To Reduce Roasting Of Each Other

Kobe Bryant Won't Be Sit In Any Lakers' Free Agent Meetings

Grizzlies Believe They Can Return To Playoffs In 18-19

Raptors Hire Nick Nurse On Three-Year, $10M Deal

76ers Exercise Team Option On T.J. McConnell, Richaun Holmes

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: June 16, 2018, 04:13:09 pm »
Now Woj stating that Kawhi hasn't expressed to SA anything about wanting to go there, SA not in a rush, Pop will not trade him to the Lakers especially, or in the Western Conference to a rival.

I'd only do a deal with Boston and if not, he can play out his contract.
Makes sense for him to just play out the year and become a free agent. Really is no rush...it's not like he needs to win a validation ring.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5057 on: June 16, 2018, 04:24:32 pm »
They will trade him anyway, he doesn’t have a no trade clause.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: June 16, 2018, 04:48:15 pm »
They will trade him anyway, he doesn’t have a no trade clause.

Depends on who is offering what, but my money is he gets traded to a garbage team in the west or anywhere in the east.

IF Boston come calling, I'd trade him

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5059 on: June 16, 2018, 10:40:34 pm »
Depends on who is offering what, but my money is he gets traded to a garbage team in the west or anywhere in the east.

IF Boston come calling, I'd trade him

Why do you think Boston are interested? Personally wouldn’t want him anywhere near the franchise after the year he’s just had.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: June 17, 2018, 03:12:19 am »
Why do you think Boston are interested? Personally wouldn’t want him anywhere near the franchise after the year he’s just had.

Err because they called SA before the trade deadline earlier in the year about Kawhi and because reports say that they are interested

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5061 on: June 17, 2018, 06:25:19 am »
Why would Boston trade for him? when he will just leave in a year for free to LA?

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: June 17, 2018, 07:49:32 am »
Why would Boston trade for him? when he will just leave in a year for free to LA?

Because he's one of thetop 3 players in the league and would fit perfectly within Boston's team and under their coach's style.
They'd immediately become the best team in the East and a threat for the title.
They get to keep him for a year and Ainge will will be doing his utmost to get him to stay and will undoubtedly build a team around him.

And forget about the Lakers. After Buss died, they've been living off their past. Every year we hear about them being a free agent market, yet no one at the top tier has signed there since Dwight. The best move for Leonard is to shift to Boston and ride that wave and see the options that develop. The best move for the Spurs is to trade Leonard to the East, and only Boston have worthwhile talent to take a plunge on. The best move for Boston is to take a gamble on a top 3 talent with a worst case scenario that they rent him for a year and try an attract anotherfree agent next summer, which Ainge is shrewd at accomplishing.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5063 on: June 17, 2018, 01:14:13 pm »
Because he's one of thetop 3 players in the league and would fit perfectly within Boston's team and under their coach's style.
They'd immediately become the best team in the East and a threat for the title.
They get to keep him for a year and Ainge will will be doing his utmost to get him to stay and will undoubtedly build a team around him.

And forget about the Lakers. After Buss died, they've been living off their past. Every year we hear about them being a free agent market, yet no one at the top tier has signed there since Dwight. The best move for Leonard is to shift to Boston and ride that wave and see the options that develop. The best move for the Spurs is to trade Leonard to the East, and only Boston have worthwhile talent to take a plunge on. The best move for Boston is to take a gamble on a top 3 talent with a worst case scenario that they rent him for a year and try an attract anotherfree agent next summer, which Ainge is shrewd at accomplishing.
Lets wait and see if they can get PG and LBJ and then we see what Leonard thinks.

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #5064 on: June 17, 2018, 01:49:22 pm »
Lets wait and see if they can get PG and LBJ and then we see what Leonard thinks.
He might think: "They don't have enough cap space left to pay me what I deserve, I have a ring and Finals MVP already, I am not taking a paycut just to be a shield-carrier and scapegoat for the King of Excuses". Or he might think that going back home to sunny California is most important. Who knows, the point is that you cannot take any future outcome as a solid fact just because a player is signalling so. Spurs will use every bit of leverage they have with the supermax and the potential of trading with Boston or Philly.

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5065 on: June 17, 2018, 01:56:47 pm »
He might think: "They don't have enough cap space left to pay me what I deserve, I have a ring and Finals MVP already, I am not taking a paycut just to be a shield-carrier and scapegoat for the King of Excuses". Or he might think that going back home to sunny California is most important. Who knows, the point is that you cannot take any future outcome as a solid fact just because a player is signalling so. Spurs will use every bit of leverage they have with the supermax and the potential of trading with Boston or Philly.
It's amazing how fans think so low of LBJ yet all his peers speak highly of him. PG can take a cut so that would leave 2 max contracts spaces, either way i guess we will see.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5066 on: June 17, 2018, 02:37:39 pm »
It's amazing how fans think so low of LBJ yet all his peers speak highly of him. PG can take a cut so that would leave 2 max contracts spaces, either way i guess we will see.

Why would Lebron and George go to the Lakers?
Apart from the media spending countless of hours dissecting the concept, very little from both their camps have indicated they'd join forces or they'd do so in LA.

And George, Lebron, and Leonard, on the same team?
Kawahi giving up his stake to the claim of best player in the league and choosing to give up the offense for Lebron to run?
Or are you thinking after one of the greatest statistical playoff runs by an individual,  that Lebron would play second fiddle to Leonard?

The reality is, Durant could get away with it at the Warriors because Curry and Thompson are so team oriented and let's say, not really alpha males in how they see their roles in the offense, that he could still get close to his numbers. Of course their offense is set up almost anti isolation, and perfect for a shooter like Durant.

Elsewhere,  the experiments with stars aligning on the same team really didn't  work out. OKC flamed and showed 3 iso players on one team can't fit, and Houston probably had the best chance, but they were two point guards trying to mesh,  rather than 3 forwards.

There's something brewing in the works though, Kyrie, Lebron, Kawahi,  PG, I think they'll be a surprise trade or two and we get two of those stars on a team. I just can't imagine it'll be the Lakers.

And Danny Ainge has always been a hustler and a scrapper, he played like that as a player and he's  followed through with the same instincts as a GM. I'm predicting the Celtics to be the transfer winners come start of next season. By hook or by crook.

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #5067 on: June 17, 2018, 05:59:20 pm »
I love LeBron the player and LeBron the activist, but the ill-advised publicity stunts and passive-aggressive power moves against his management, coaches and teammates have worn me out. Perfect example was keeping his self-inflicted hand injury secret for a week and then after game 4 showing up to the press conf in a cast to put his excuse literally on the table. Does Kyrie not count as his peer?

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5068 on: June 17, 2018, 06:05:50 pm »
I love LeBron the player and LeBron the activist, but the ill-advised publicity stunts and passive-aggressive power moves against his management, coaches and teammates have worn me out. Perfect example was keeping his self-inflicted hand injury secret for a week and then after game 4 showing up to the press conf in a cast to put his excuse literally on the table. Does Kyrie not count as his peer?
One player that is already shitting on his new team? and didn't show up for game 7 in play off? It's a excuses to you maybe and others. Don't mean its a lie mate, the whole organisation would have to be in on it including doctors.

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #5069 on: June 17, 2018, 06:08:10 pm »
Why would Lebron and George go to the Lakers?
Apart from the media spending countless of hours dissecting the concept, very little from both their camps have indicated they'd join forces or they'd do so in LA.

And George, Lebron, and Leonard, on the same team?
Kawahi giving up his stake to the claim of best player in the league and choosing to give up the offense for Lebron to run?
Or are you thinking after one of the greatest statistical playoff runs by an individual,  that Lebron would play second fiddle to Leonard?

The reality is, Durant could get away with it at the Warriors because Curry and Thompson are so team oriented and let's say, not really alpha males in how they see their roles in the offense, that he could still get close to his numbers. Of course their offense is set up almost anti isolation, and perfect for a shooter like Durant.

Elsewhere,  the experiments with stars aligning on the same team really didn't  work out. OKC flamed and showed 3 iso players on one team can't fit, and Houston probably had the best chance, but they were two point guards trying to mesh,  rather than 3 forwards.

There's something brewing in the works though, Kyrie, Lebron, Kawahi,  PG, I think they'll be a surprise trade or two and we get two of those stars on a team. I just can't imagine it'll be the Lakers.

And Danny Ainge has always been a hustler and a scrapper, he played like that as a player and he's  followed through with the same instincts as a GM. I'm predicting the Celtics to be the transfer winners come start of next season. By hook or by crook.
As i said lets wait and see, OKC with West??? How can you compare that with Lebron man. Its like people didn't just see the shit team he brought to the finals.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5070 on: June 17, 2018, 06:31:29 pm »
Kawhi is not going to be traded to the lakers. We are not taking Lou Deng's contract nor Lonzo, and frankly Kuzma/Randall/Ingrahm, or whatever combination is not good enough.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5071 on: June 17, 2018, 09:59:16 pm »
CBS reports, Spurs will not trade him to any team in the west.

As expected

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: June 18, 2018, 12:46:21 pm »
Celtics should be all over this only if Kawhi will agree to a contract extension. 

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5073 on: June 20, 2018, 02:51:13 pm »
Celtics should be all over this only if Kawhi will agree to a contract extension. 
He doesn't, his agent said Kawhi will tell rival teams that he intends to sign for Lakers in 2019.
Damn, he is screwing Spurs really badly, the ungrateful prick. I won't be surprised if he becomes a head case and plays in China after a few average years in the NBA.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5074 on: June 20, 2018, 03:54:01 pm »
He doesn't, his agent said Kawhi will tell rival teams that he intends to sign for Lakers in 2019.
Damn, he is screwing Spurs really badly, the ungrateful prick. I won't be surprised if he becomes a head case and plays in China after a few average years in the NBA.

and because he is doing that, I hope we trade him anywhere. I don't care if he does end up in LA in 2019, I don't want us to the be the team to trade him there.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5075 on: June 20, 2018, 05:40:59 pm »
Dwight Howard Traded By Hornets To Nets For Timofey Mozgov, Two 2nd Rounders

The Brooklyn Nets have acquired Dwight Howard from the Charlotte Hornets for Timofey Mozgov, two second round picks and cash.

Charlotte was determined to move Howard this offseason. Howard has a $23.8 million expiring contract.

The Hornets will receive the Nets' second-round pick (No. 45) in Thursday's NBA draft and a 2021 second-round pick.

The Nets will save $17 million in 19-20, which will allow them to potentially create two max salary slots.

---------------------------

weird move. It seems like the Hornets could have received more for Dwight. Mozgov's contract is as bad if not worse than Dwight's.
Only a matter of time until Kemba's gone now.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:43:40 pm by elsewhere »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5076 on: June 20, 2018, 05:49:40 pm »
Cavs will trade for Kemba

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #5077 on: June 21, 2018, 08:07:31 am »

Looking forward to this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9H2SSvQ8ihA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9H2SSvQ8ihA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ju6x1AZUz5k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ju6x1AZUz5k</a>

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5078 on: June 21, 2018, 08:10:21 am »
Knicks v Wizards in London next year.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5079 on: June 21, 2018, 09:27:34 am »
Been to the last couple of years in London, that will be a hard one to get tickets for though with the Knicks there!