Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 24847 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2019, 02:45:08 pm »
56GB update on day one! :o

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2019, 03:00:06 pm »
Footstep audio is much improved. Still has the issue of everyone spamming personal drones and UAV's until you can unlock cold blooded, but I guess that's a short term problem.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2019, 03:09:47 pm »
Apparently the campaign is fantastic.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2019, 03:11:56 pm »
battle.net the only place to get it for PC?
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2019, 03:22:35 pm »
Is this a remake of a previous MW or a completely new game?

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2019, 04:13:42 pm »
Apparently the campaign is fantastic.
Played the first mission last night and really enjoyed it. It feels very smooth.

I haven't the chance to play online yet, but I plan on putting in some time this weekend.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2019, 04:22:42 pm »
Is this a remake of a previous MW or a completely new game?

Completely new.

They’re doing a full reboot and so far, they’re onto a winner.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2019, 04:31:29 pm »
Time To kill is stupidly quick, it's like playing hardcore.

The game doesn't take gunskill like strafing or jump shooting it's the person who's camping pre aiming or the person with the better connection always wins 1v1 gun battles.

People who like running and gunning will hate the game, the game rewards campers and those who walk around slowly aiming down sights, it's sluggish and miles to slow, I've had to put my sensitivity at 14-14 to make up for the slowness and give it some sort of BO4 feel.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2019, 02:09:49 pm »
Does this have offline bots?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2019, 03:44:03 pm »
I've stopped playing it.

The footsteps being so loud and dead silence being useless has made the game a campfest.

It's full of people in buildings camping in corners with claymores aiming down sights, I'll come back when these issues are sorted, it's unplayable for a rushing type player with the footsteps issue, the TTK will be fine when Infinity Ward fix the netcode issue apparently reading from Reddit.

Love the weapon customisation, and camos on guns.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:45:46 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2019, 05:34:41 pm »
I've stopped playing it.

The footsteps being so loud and dead silence being useless has made the game a campfest.

It's full of people in buildings camping in corners with claymores aiming down sights, I'll come back when these issues are sorted, it's unplayable for a rushing type player with the footsteps issue, the TTK will be fine when Infinity Ward fix the netcode issue apparently reading from Reddit.

Love the weapon customisation, and camos on guns.

Yeah the netcode doesn't seem great, instant deaths on my screen are 5-6 hits on the killcam. It's ridiculous that the cold-blooded perk is unlocked at rank 29, it feels like I can't play properly without it due to the drone/uav spam. I've been bringing a rocket launcher but there are so many of them it's just pointless. Ground War isn't great either, with one hit kill snipers, people are just camping every roof top they can and killing until they can drop big kill streaks.

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2019, 08:25:59 pm »
Bought it cos loads of the lads at work have. I'm gonna be honest though, I don't think I've had fun yet... It's just camp central, one lad sat in one spec an entire map. Well in lad, you got yourself an airstrike etc but fuck me it's a bit much
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2019, 10:01:08 pm »
Played four matches of Hardcore TDM and enjoyed it for the first time since Black Ops (and MWR)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2019, 03:13:32 pm »
Apparently update 1.05 fixes footsteps audio and makes Dead Silent actually silent.

And a Dev on Reddit posted yesterday that they are already working on a Netcode fix that should take a couple of weeks.

Great to see them fixing issues so quickly.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:34:41 pm by RedSince86 »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2019, 03:37:35 pm »
Is this the same old spawn city? forever coming until you move forward?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2019, 05:06:47 pm »
Is anyone else having trouble seeing certain friends on the leaderboards? I can see nearly all of my friends on there, except the 2 that I actually play the most with.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2019, 08:39:36 pm »
Does this have offline bots?

Anyone? :)

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2019, 09:20:03 pm »
this full day of installing then updating sucks the fuckin life out of gaming
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2019, 07:32:18 am »
Is anyone else having trouble seeing certain friends on the leaderboards? I can see nearly all of my friends on there, except the 2 that I actually play the most with.
Yes same problem on PS4.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2019, 07:40:02 am »
Footsteps are still loud AF.

Dead Silence is fixed but should be a perk.

I really hate the God damn M4A1, it has no God damn weakness and it totally dominates against SMGs because of its high rate of fire. That gun needs a serious nerf, long, mid range and close up it destroys, I use the Kilo 141 and that is no match against it, Famas is so inconsistent,sometimes you get the insta 1 burst kills and other times you don't then die before you get your 2nd burst in and it's utter rubbish at long range.

There seriously is no point using a SMG in this game, they are pathetic in close quarters against Assault rifles which is stupidly laughable. Another reason why IW wants to stop the rusher type player dominating matches, make the rusher/SMG setup obsolete by making SMGs useless.

Campers rule supreme in this game, because of the super fast TTK while they pre aim you from a corner of a room or window.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:49:00 am by RedSince86 »

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2019, 08:21:17 am »
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2019, 01:19:00 pm »

Agree with SMGs. I have been playing Battlefield for the last few years and the hip fire on there is way better than on MW.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2019, 06:35:57 pm »
I've been playing BO4 today and it's just feels better mechanics wise than MW, everything about MW is sluggish AF.

For some reason the Devs at Infinity Ward decided to make a snail's pace tactical game sadly, which they are probably regretting now.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2019, 01:23:32 pm »
I've been playing BO4 today and it's just feels better mechanics wise than MW, everything about MW is sluggish AF.

For some reason the Devs at Infinity Ward decided to make a snail's pace tactical game sadly, which they are probably regretting now.

With the reviews and overall praise from the community, i doubt it mate 😂

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:29 pm »
With the reviews and overall praise from the community, i doubt it mate 😂
Sure you're not mistakening those reviews for the Campaign mode and not the MP. :P

Reddit, MW Activision forum and lots of well known CoD content channels on Youtube are not talking about it in glowing terms, seems to be the agreeing concensus that the MP has awful maps with no flow with to many windows and door ways that promote camping, No red dot on mini map and the new compass feature, Netcode issues, footsteps audio, no Dead Silence perk, quick TTK and the MP built for a slow camping style, seems to be the main points.

Yes Activision made $600 million in 3 days, but this launch on MP has been a Disaster by IW where they pushed the boat out a bit to far in regard to changing a run n gun franchise into a slow tactical shooter.

It will be interesting to see how Treyarch do BO5 that's out next year, which is going back to the cold war era with Korean and Vietnam wars being prominent in the game, if they see the slow style of MW hasn't worked then i expect they will use the same mechanics as Bo4 and make it a more of a arcade shooter.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:50:45 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2019, 11:31:48 pm »
if they see the slow style of MW hasn't worked then i expect they will use the same mechanics as Bo4 and make it a more of a arcade shooter.

Yay...
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2019, 11:05:45 am »
Had a couple of goes. Seems decent enough. Hate the aimless sprinting around of the previous few cods. The games usually lacked structure and were chaotic.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2019, 11:27:16 am »
This made me laugh reading this.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2019, 12:49:59 pm »
Everton that :D

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2019, 01:18:52 pm »
Anyone played the campaign yet?  That's the only thing I'll be picking it up for (when it gets a bit cheaper).

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2019, 04:21:18 pm »
I played one game on this last night when it finally installed.  I was a bit drunk but I was pathetic.  I don't really play shooters anymore and was never any good - does anyone have any tips on how not to suck so much?

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2019, 04:26:25 pm »
Agree with everything RedSince86 has posted. Too many campers, netcode is crap, TTK is too low, footstep and shouting too loud...

Hopefully they can fix things but I'm not holding out hope. I think they meant to make the game like this. Also the maps are absolutely dreadful.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2019, 04:42:31 pm »
I played one game on this last night when it finally installed.  I was a bit drunk but I was pathetic.  I don't really play shooters anymore and was never any good - does anyone have any tips on how not to suck so much?
Quit playing until they fix the issues, footstep audio and netcode are coming in the next update.

Best way to improve is playing Spec Ops, get used to the movement,maps,  recoil of the guns and gets your reflexes and aim improved then jump into the multiplayer when the issues are fixed that have made the game a campfest.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 04:44:32 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2019, 06:13:02 pm »
play game types that have an objective so you arent just running round aimlessly. Try not to run and play the objective. Ive been doing domination and focusing on taking a flag and then defending the flag

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2019, 06:21:24 pm »
Thanks folks.  Let's see how I get on...

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2019, 10:46:45 pm »
I haven’t played this yet, but anything that moves away from sprinting around constant corridor like maps with SMGs, is a positive step for me.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 1, 2019, 06:49:29 am »
Enjoying hardcore game modes as the guns have less of a say for who dies. Its trickier to find this year, go to the quick match filters and press square to switch the filtering to hardcore game modes rather than regular

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: November 1, 2019, 11:38:41 am »
Gave this a good go last night and to be honest, I love it.

Played about 5 or 6 missions then onto multiplayer -both modes are very enjoyable.

I'm still crap tbf

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 1, 2019, 01:09:12 pm »
Enjoying hardcore game modes as the guns have less of a say for who dies. Its trickier to find this year, go to the quick match filters and press square to switch the filtering to hardcore game modes rather than regular
It’s the only mode I play. Can’t even imagine playing core anymore. It’s been a while though and I find that the pace is much quicker in this game compared to the older ones (COD4, MW2, Black Ops). I’m getting owned every single night but it’s still fun.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 1, 2019, 01:57:13 pm »
It’s the only mode I play. Can’t even imagine playing core anymore. It’s been a while though and I find that the pace is much quicker in this game compared to the older ones (COD4, MW2, Black Ops). I’m getting owned every single night but it’s still fun.
yeah i started back with cod 2 on the pc and its still quicker than those original games where the maps had many choke points you needed to battle through so there wasnt as much rushing anywhere (depending on maps). Didnt get the last few cods as when i tried them the maps all consisted of 3 lanes end to end meaning people can just sprint round constantly. That plus the gimmicky jet packs etc meant it was a no go for me.

This forces you to be slower and check rooms etc.