Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 50891 times)

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 and 2019
« Reply #360 on: June 6, 2020, 04:13:49 pm »
Have to agree on the game with mods is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkiSZHRqdA0

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: June 7, 2020, 04:51:08 am »
Just got 2020 for cheap on PS4 - did some brief research, and wondering if you know of any decent trustworthy option files to play LFC?
I use this one, with my own personally modded classic Liverpool kits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZGv-k7BjCA&t=486s

https://sharemods.com/xbn91e3fr25m/PESFan.it_FO_2020_v6.zip.html

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #362 on: June 7, 2020, 12:00:03 pm »
Anyway to get the Champions League into PS4, or can it only be done on PC?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer Series
« Reply #363 on: June 8, 2020, 04:31:01 am »
I use this one, with my own personally modded classic Liverpool kits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZGv-k7BjCA&t=486s

https://sharemods.com/xbn91e3fr25m/PESFan.it_FO_2020_v6.zip.html

This has worked a treat, and managed to follow the instructions after not being able to sleep. Cheers mate!

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2020, 11:24:28 pm »
Anyone who has the PC version the ultimate patch is dropping soon with all the major modders combining their work, it sounds amazing.

If this wasn't already the best football game around it will be after this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qir7S4VnUao&amp;feature=emb_title" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qir7S4VnUao&amp;feature=emb_title</a>

You can get the game for under a tenner on Cd Keys, the euro 2020 DLC also dropped for free plus major rumour that pes2021 might just be an update due to convid 19.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:29:27 pm by Dynasty »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2020, 03:12:23 am »
Anyway to get the Champions League into PS4, or can it only be done on PC?

PC only.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #366 on: July 2, 2020, 02:59:05 pm »
Played FIFA 20 last few nights for first time . Not doing it for me at all . Going buy PES to hell
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 4, 2020, 07:16:18 am »
Saw something the other day that they’re not releasing PES 2021, instead they’re offering a paid update for PES 2020 so they can focus on PES 2022, rebuilding from the ground up for next gen.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #368 on: July 6, 2020, 11:15:49 am »
Saw something the other day that they’re not releasing PES 2021, instead they’re offering a paid update for PES 2020 so they can focus on PES 2022, rebuilding from the ground up for next gen.

I've always found it a bit odd that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

Hope they get it right for the next gen.  Can't believe how badly the series dropped off during the PS3 years - seem to have recovered the reputation a bit on the PS4, but they're a long way from the PS2 glory days.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #369 on: July 6, 2020, 11:18:25 am »

I haven't seen that news myself, but it sounds like the way things SHOULD be. Cause a lot of yearly releases, let's face it, are basically data packs

Would make sense here as the new season is not far off, and the current season isn't over... it's a mess in real life.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: July 15, 2020, 10:01:17 pm »
PES 2021 will be DLC for PES 2020 with a full next gen game out next year.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2020, 10:40:12 pm »
PES 2021 will be DLC for PES 2020 with a full next gen game out next year.

Yes, a sensible move instead of rushing out a PES 2021 on PS5 for Xmas, this has been a disastrous move in earlier new console iterations.

Using the Unreal Engine, I'm not equipped to say if that is good technology or not but you'd hope PES would have insane animations and gameplay next year.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2020, 11:53:27 am »
To think there was a time when my Master League playing as Liverpool looked unrealistically easy... now it's virtually like reality, with some notable exceptions!

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2020, 09:06:42 am »
Wow, they're charging £25 for PES 21. It's essentially just going to be an option file with hardly any (or minimal) gameplay changes so that's pretty bonkers..

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: July 22, 2020, 09:45:35 am »
With some official teams removed too like Milan

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #375 on: July 22, 2020, 09:49:38 am »
To be honest, I just wait 6 months it will be a fiver on PC and then you can download a free patch giving you 1000's of licensed team's and stadiums and the official leagues and cups, the modders on these games are amazing.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #376 on: July 23, 2020, 09:31:51 am »
Not quite sure what the difference between this and the amazing option files you can get will be??

Transfers maybe? If you’re that arsed though you can do it yourself

im sure there will be uodated option files out as well which wil cover the transfers,

it'll mostly be updated menu skins i think so rather than 2020 things will say 2021

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2020, 07:51:36 pm »
the 2021 update is out and even a tenner off on PC at CDKeys but meh

Just licensing. No new gameplay mechanics or owt

Who could care?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2020, 11:37:11 pm »
the 2021 update is out and even a tenner off on PC at CDKeys but meh

Just licensing. No new gameplay mechanics or owt

Who could care?

Assuming I can shift 2020 on eBay for £12+ like I have during the last four or five years, I'll probably get it.

Doesn't seem as though there'll be a new edition on the PS5 until next autumn, so I'll get it just for the sake of it being maintained online (officially) and unofficially (via options files) for the next twelve months.  Only works out about a pound a month so no harm done.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: September 18, 2020, 08:46:45 am »
probably a silly question but....

do you need to have the 2020 game or can you just buy the 2021 digital update off the store? ots 29e now on PSN

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: September 18, 2020, 09:10:28 am »
probably a silly question but....

do you need to have the 2020 game or can you just buy the 2021 digital update off the store? ots 29e now on PSN

standalone (which is a bit weird since it's a season update)

If you don't have 2020 at all in any form I'd recommend it as it's a superior game of footie to FIFA. And licensing is a 20 minute fix (except on Xbox)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 18, 2020, 09:40:07 am »
Assuming I can shift 2020 on eBay for £12+ like I have during the last four or five years, I'll probably get it.

Doesn't seem as though there'll be a new edition on the PS5 until next autumn, so I'll get it just for the sake of it being maintained online (officially) and unofficially (via options files) for the next twelve months.  Only works out about a pound a month so no harm done.

Fair dos! If you can sell 2020 then you're getting money off basically :D

I'm excited for the next version, I'm a fan of the amazing Unreal engine, could lead to some amazing things. If they keep the general gameplay feel and work on the interface (and as much as I knock this update being "just licensing" it is important to most people), I can see it being amazing. Long way off...

Being fair though I suppose it is good that they're not charging full price for a season update. Because it's worse when sports game companies DO class what amounts as a season update as a full-price game! At least Konami are aiming for a proper upgrade with the next one

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #382 on: September 18, 2020, 10:14:05 am »

I'm excited for the next version, I'm a fan of the amazing Unreal engine, could lead to some amazing things. If they keep the general gameplay feel and work on the interface (and as much as I knock this update being "just licensing" it is important to most people), I can see it being amazing. Long way off...

Being fair though I suppose it is good that they're not charging full price for a season update. Because it's worse when sports game companies DO class what amounts as a season update as a full-price game! At least Konami are aiming for a proper upgrade with the next one
They've got to put more effort into the single player game modes. Both Master League and BAL are so barebones, it's really poor.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 18, 2020, 10:22:34 am »
They've got to put more effort into the single player game modes. Both Master League and BAL are so barebones, it's really poor.

Yeah Master League is crap. A shame. They haven't even changed it for 2021!

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #384 on: September 18, 2020, 10:59:16 am »

Think I posted about this a few pages back, but on the current generation consoles they've basically repaired the damage done on the 'seventh generation' consoles (PS3 & 360) - the games have ultimately been a reward for the fans who've stuck with the series.

There's a lot of pressure on them during the year or two ahead - maintaining current form isn't going to be good enough to close their market share to FIFA, and if they arrive on the PS5 & X/S with anything like what they did in 2008 I think it spells trouble for the series because it'll un-do all of that loyalty that they've relied on whilst building up to the last couple of releases.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 18, 2020, 11:58:54 am »
standalone (which is a bit weird since it's a season update)

If you don't have 2020 at all in any form I'd recommend it as it's a superior game of footie to FIFA. And licensing is a 20 minute fix (except on Xbox)

will pick it up so

Had 2018 on the PS4 and really enjoyed that one with an option file, defo a better game to play than FIFA

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #386 on: September 18, 2020, 12:15:17 pm »
Have to confess that I'm really crap at it.  Can't keep the ball at all - always end up on 35-40% possession.  Feel like results improved recently (lockdown practice!) so I might knock it up a difficult level on the new game and see how I cope.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #387 on: September 19, 2020, 10:37:34 am »
Hadn't read much of the (limited) promo about this, given that I understood that it was going to be a cosmetic update along with a data overhaul (& maintenance to bring it in line with 2020-21) and - as touched upon above - I was almost definitely going to get it anyway.

Anyhow, I downloaded it last night and I'm pleased to say it actually seems to play a better game of football on the pitch than 2020 too.  From the off, it felt like the players were leaner than on editions gone by (for a while, I've felt like everyone's a bit stocky/everything's a bit heavy) and they seem to have been able to work on making valuable refinements to a really good base rather than having to build something more substantial and fall short.

Pleasantly surprised to be honest.

I even knocked it up a difficulty level...and coped (so far)!

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #388 on: December 28, 2020, 04:06:55 pm »
Anyone fancy a game on PS5?

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2021, 07:46:07 am »
been playing the 10 v 10 teamplay on this lately, brilliant craic.

joined a team that are in 2 leagues so there does be games a few nights a week, there are some teams in 4 or 5 leagues dunno how they manage it

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 22, 2021, 04:53:28 pm »
The latest PES game plays better than Fifa 21 on the PS5.

Downloaded it on the PS5. You can tackle, you can defend. Passing feels solid and balls physics are ace.

I may download an option file but that's such a pain in the arse and feels soooooooooo 1998.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #391 on: January 22, 2021, 09:05:02 pm »
The latest PES game plays better than Fifa 21 on the PS5.

Downloaded it on the PS5. You can tackle, you can defend. Passing feels solid and balls physics are ace.

I may download an option file but that's such a pain in the arse and feels soooooooooo 1998.

Did you also play it on the PS4?  Does your opinion on the games differ across the different consoles, if so?

The PES Universe f (iles£5/10 year-long memberships) tend to only be a couple of clicks and a bit of a wait whilst it all processes - get it set up and get on RAWK whilst you're waiting for it; it'll be worth it ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2021, 10:45:17 pm »
Did you also play it on the PS4?  Does your opinion on the games differ across the different consoles, if so?

The PES Universe f (iles£5/10 year-long memberships) tend to only be a couple of clicks and a bit of a wait whilst it all processes - get it set up and get on RAWK whilst you're waiting for it; it'll be worth it ;D

I've played plenty of PES 2020 on PS4 and a few games of PES 2021 on PS5 (PS4-coded game obviously).

Actually got into Fifa 2021 a little bit in recent days but playing both side to side was quite interesting. Fifa, the ball moves quicker and the players seem to accelerate more rapidly without as much inertia or weight.

PES has better ball physics and the general flow of the game is slower. Fifa might have a greater range of player animations but some of them feel odd and jerky.

It's the same old arguments I know, everything that is not the actual football at ground level looks better on EA's game and that does make a difference. Liverpool's kits look great.

Now that I'm getting a hang of Fifa's defending, don't think it's a bad game. I still say with PES, because of the all the presentational flaws and the licensing issues, they will HAVE to deliver the best football game ever in PES 2022, or they are sunk. No one is going to pay £60 for a game that isn't brilliant, when they can buy Fifa which will at least have the teams looking correct in 4K.

In these sad times, it's fun to play with a Liverpool team that has Virgil fit and firing, I even have Naby Keita playing every week and you know what, he's brilliant!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2021, 09:59:25 am »
Now that I'm getting a hang of Fifa's defending, don't think it's a bad game. I still say with PES, because of the all the presentational flaws and the licensing issues, they will HAVE to deliver the best football game ever in PES 2022, or they are sunk. No one is going to pay £60 for a game that isn't brilliant, when they can buy Fifa which will at least have the teams looking correct in 4K.
For me though, 'getting the hang' of Fifa's defending makes for an extremely unrealistic show, a way of defending that you wouldn't see in real football because it looks odd and would get picked apart - basically chasing the ball with one presser whilst manoeuvring the other defenders further back to just block the goal, ridiculously deep. Playing a high line or such doesn't work and the patience you have to show to defend isn't always the way it is in real football.

It's frustrating, PES's defending is infinitely better. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: February 11, 2021, 10:42:57 am »
For me though, 'getting the hang' of Fifa's defending makes for an extremely unrealistic show, a way of defending that you wouldn't see in real football because it looks odd and would get picked apart - basically chasing the ball with one presser whilst manoeuvring the other defenders further back to just block the goal, ridiculously deep. Playing a high line or such doesn't work and the patience you have to show to defend isn't always the way it is in real football.

It's frustrating, PES's defending is infinitely better. 

I agree with you 100% but right now I'm not spending 30-60 mins fiddling around with option files to upload to a £450 next gen console.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #395 on: February 11, 2021, 10:48:16 am »
I agree with you 100% but right now I'm not spending 30-60 mins fiddling around with option files to upload to a £450 next gen console.
Frustrating for sure - I'm Xbox too so that's not even an option.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #396 on: February 13, 2021, 10:36:02 am »
I had a little go on the lite version yesterday. It's a glorified demo I suppose and a shame you can't change the half lengths. In general it plays okay, a little slow for me and doesn't feel like it's 60fps but maybe that's because of the slower nature of the game. Much like FIFA though in defensive situations you get the sense that if they want to string a few passes together and put one in the top corner, there isn't a lot you can do about it. They rarely have a pop shot, very few attempts on goal and ultimately only have the odd chance and they score. It just feels like a familiar problem with AI in both FIFA and PES. Then let's say they don't create that perfect opportunity, they'll keep persisting for the whole game, they won't even have a shot usually born out of frustration like in real life, or they won't start lumping it in the box.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 10:39:30 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: February 13, 2021, 03:14:45 pm »
there's a game speed slider in the full version, two higher two lower than normal

I think it has some scripting stuff for their goals but I find the best way about it is to call a man on for pressure and just move your player into where they always go - it's pretty rote where they go

Free kicks just outside the area though = bent, always score. You have to control the keeper to have any chance of stopping em

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: February 13, 2021, 10:18:41 pm »
Ypu can stop the vast majority of free kicks by timing your wall to jump at the right time. As far as defending goes, against the ai blocking the passing lanes is by far rhe most effective method imo. I don't conceed many goals at all that way.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan