Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4,Xbox One,PC)  (Read 36624 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4,Xbox One,PC)
« Reply #280 on: September 3, 2015, 07:12:32 pm »
Slogging my way through the riddler stuff.  Up to about 120 now.  What a fucking liberty - it's a horrible way to end a game I enjoyed.

I take my hat off to you mate, I was thinking about grinding through that myself but thought 'fuck that' in the end.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 4, 2015, 07:55:18 am »
I take my hat off to you mate, I was thinking about grinding through that myself but thought 'fuck that' in the end.
Yeah fuck the Riddler, very good game that never achieved greatness due to some crappy aspects, Batmobile was a slog, Riddler trophies are a chore, some horrible difficulty spikes, I'm still not finished it, got a bit bored.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #282 on: September 4, 2015, 09:51:28 am »
The more I think about this game the more it becomes apparent what a convoluted mess it really is,

I was quite oblivious to it originally, blinded by my willingness for it to be the greatest thing ever (I also did this with the Stokes 2nd album) however like that album once the dust has settled reality kicks in,

The endless fucking drone battles are amongst the most infuriating I've encountered in gaming. I completed it on New Game Plus and some of them were 50+ tanks!
Spoiler
Riddler Trophies needed the Batmobile, to reach areas of the map needed the Batmobile, every boss fight was in the Batmobile, it was necessary every 30 seconds in the story, to fight Firefly needed the Batmobile, to fight Deathstroke needed the Batmobile, to defeat Penguin needed the Batmobile, Campaign for Disarmament needed the Batmobile, Own The Roads needed the Batmobile and so on and so forth,
[close]

The story was the weakest so far, the ending was worse.

Graphically and mechanically the game is fine, the rest leaves so much to be desired. It's amazing the parallels this series has with the Nolan films, perfect self contained opener, huge leap forward with the second with a much bigger scope and the most memorable set pieces, disappointing self-indulgent bloated third chapter which forgot what made the other films great and thought bigger was better     

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: September 5, 2015, 10:12:31 am »
Im about 3 hours into Mad Max and have had more fun than in the whole of this game. Perfect execution of car combat and tactical fighting. The Batmobile as such wasnt the problem its the confines of the city, the tight narrow roads where it doesnt work. The fights were also so quick its a blur I just whipped round huge groups of enemies bashing square and only had to change tactics for the big dudes. So much wrong in the Arkham game it makes me wonder if they tested  it properly and what feedback the people testing it gave. Within minutes of getting out into the open dessert on Mad Max you know the vehicle battles will work as the game world is structured to fit it. Smashing the square button to attack a group results in getting a beating. For two Warner Brother games released in the same year aimed at the same market the difference is jarring. The pity is Mad Max wont sell due to a crazy release date. The best film ive seen this year and the best game ive played too. If youd told me that at the start of the the year Id have said you were talking out your arse

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2015, 07:46:31 am »
Jaysus 1% into the game and that bat mobile is doin my head in...pity as I was really lookin forward to this game :-\
Looks like I should've got MadMax instead.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2015, 08:25:30 am »
I enjoyed it, completed it last night but the game just dragged on for me. I thought the main story mode was good but the side missions felt like a chore most of the time.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2015, 12:52:57 pm »
Think I'll switch to easy mode, and complete it. There's a lot to like about it, but I'm finding it very hard to control the Bat mobile already, I can only assume other more difficult mission ahead will be even harder.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 26, 2015, 02:46:15 pm »
Downloaded the Season of Infamy DLC the other day - Ł8 but probably just about worth it. Consists of four 'most wanted' missions with villains who weren't in the main game. Each mission probably takes in the region of thirty minutes, so it's a decent amount of content.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2015, 01:34:27 am »
Ł8 for two hours sounds like fairly poor value for money to be honest mate, the Witcher 3 has an expansion with the same price with at least 10 hours of gameplay, just to give it some perspective.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2016, 11:25:33 pm »
Finished.

7/10. Lost two points due to Batmobile.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2016, 08:10:57 am »
Forgot to update that I eventually managed the platinum for this. One of my most proud considering how hard t was to drag myself through the riddler challenges.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2019, 10:05:20 am »
Sounds like there might be an imminent announcement around another Batman game.

WB Montreal (who did Arkham Origins) hasbeen tweeting about Batman the last couple of days, and posted a message yesterday showing several symbols with the tagline 'Capture the Knight'. Speculation is the symbols relate to the Court of Owls and the League of Assassins.

https://twitter.com/WBGamesMTL/status/1176182754712727554?s=20

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2019, 10:53:26 am »
Sounds like there might be an imminent announcement around another Batman game.

WB Montreal (who did Arkham Origins) hasbeen tweeting about Batman the last couple of days, and posted a message yesterday showing several symbols with the tagline 'Capture the Knight'. Speculation is the symbols relate to the Court of Owls and the League of Assassins.

https://twitter.com/WBGamesMTL/status/1176182754712727554?s=20

Arkham Origins never seems to get much of a mention but was a great game i think

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2019, 12:11:51 pm »
Arkham Origins never seems to get much of a mention but was a great game i think

Didn't enjoy it much first time round, but that's because it was incredibly buggy. Crashed regularly on me, making it a nightmare to play. But replayed it recently and enjoyed it a lot more. Lots of good setpieces, and the storyline was really well done. My main criticism was with the open world, which wasn't enjoyable to navigate as in City and Knight - too much dead space, not enough grapple points. And that bloody bridge connecting the two islands...

Hope they don't rely on the same villains. Joker, Two Face, Penguin, Riddler, Bane, Scarecrow, Ra's are all played out (there's been four games after all). Court of Owls will be interesting, but I'd like to see Batman going up against some other DC villains. There's no reason why someone like Lex Luthor couldn't feature, or Amanda Waller leading the Suicide Squad to take down Batman. Wouldn't mind seeing other heroes either - Green Arrow could be fun, and still fitting with the grounded feel.

I don't know, feels like they'll have to come up with a new approach to really make it work. Maybe a more populated city, avoid the 'one night' idea they've done in every other game? Perhaps take Batman out of Gotham in parts to shake things up?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2019, 04:18:00 am »
I'd like to see a Batman Beyond game.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2019, 06:42:46 am »
With Origins as the post above says the main issues were how buggy it was upon release and also the City felt very lifeless and boring when compared with the atmospheric settings of the first two

Storyline wise however it is fantastic and the boss battles are the best of the series. I think overall it gets an unfair rep as it’s arguably a truer and better Arkham game than Knight was.

Regarding Knight I’m currently replaying it for the first time in 4 years. I’d traded my copy in but it’s been released for free on PS+ and it’s far better than I remember. Because I originally purchased the season pass, all that content has downloaded again. So currently at around 40% completion I’m dressed as Michael Keaton Batman with no less than 14 separated mission options to chose from! Just gliding from place to place fighting Ra’s Al Ghul and then Riddler, then Scarecrow. It’s damn good fun!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2020, 01:49:23 pm »
Any chance we can get a new Batman game please?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2020, 02:00:08 pm »
Any chance we can get a new Batman game please?
WB Interactive have been teasing a new game for a couple of years now, apparently the Court Of Owls are going to be involved somehow.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2020, 02:34:11 pm »
WB Interactive have been teasing a new game for a couple of years now, apparently the Court Of Owls are going to be involved somehow.

I can’t believe how much time has passed between Arkham Knight.

Hopefully they do something fresh with the new game and take it to another level.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2020, 02:43:41 pm »
I finished this, barring the Riddler missions, during the week and really enjoyed it. Would happily play another game with similar mechanics, I didn’t mind the Batmobile either overall.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2020, 04:48:27 pm »
Been playing this again and if they lose the car I'll be furious.

Just take out half the mandatory stuff and keep it in
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2020, 09:44:23 am »
I can’t believe how much time has passed between Arkham Knight.

Hopefully they do something fresh with the new game and take it to another level.

I think there's plenty they can do to make it feel fresh. Maybe the tech isn't there (although maybe if it's for next gen) but I'd love a living and breathing Gotham City, with citizens going about their lives - instead of it only being populated by criminals. And while it's great being Batman, I'd quite like them to get rid of the 'one night' idea and have a storyline taking place over a few days or weeks, with the ability to do some non-Batman stuff during the day. Think it'd be fun playing as Bruce and having to do some intel gathering during the day before donning the cape and following up on the lead at night.

I'd also like to see more use of wider DC characters. After four games, there's not a ton of fresh faces from Batman's rogues gallery - they've already made extensive use of Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Two Face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Ra's, Harley Quinn, Hush, Clayface, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, Firefly, Hugo Strange, Zsasz, Black Mask and Red Hood. Plus a few more smaller villains.

But there's plenty of recognisable baddies usually associated with other heroes who would be a great fit. Lex Luthor in particular, as he's a great parallel to Bruce Wayne. You could have Bruce visit Metropolis for a few chapters, with potential for a Superman cameo. And you could have the Suicide Squad being sent to kill Batman by Amanda Waller, and fill the team up with loads of villains who normally wouldn't be found in Gotham. Court of Owls seem nailed on to be a big part of the next game so between them, the Suicide Squad and Lex, you've got a really fresh line up of opponents - and obviously there'd still be loads of scope to fit in villains we'd already seen.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2020, 03:55:19 pm »
I think there's plenty they can do to make it feel fresh. Maybe the tech isn't there (although maybe if it's for next gen) but I'd love a living and breathing Gotham City, with citizens going about their lives - instead of it only being populated by criminals. And while it's great being Batman, I'd quite like them to get rid of the 'one night' idea and have a storyline taking place over a few days or weeks, with the ability to do some non-Batman stuff during the day. Think it'd be fun playing as Bruce and having to do some intel gathering during the day before donning the cape and following up on the lead at night.

I'd also like to see more use of wider DC characters. After four games, there's not a ton of fresh faces from Batman's rogues gallery - they've already made extensive use of Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Two Face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Ra's, Harley Quinn, Hush, Clayface, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, Firefly, Hugo Strange, Zsasz, Black Mask and Red Hood. Plus a few more smaller villains.

But there's plenty of recognisable baddies usually associated with other heroes who would be a great fit. Lex Luthor in particular, as he's a great parallel to Bruce Wayne. You could have Bruce visit Metropolis for a few chapters, with potential for a Superman cameo. And you could have the Suicide Squad being sent to kill Batman by Amanda Waller, and fill the team up with loads of villains who normally wouldn't be found in Gotham. Court of Owls seem nailed on to be a big part of the next game so between them, the Suicide Squad and Lex, you've got a really fresh line up of opponents - and obviously there'd still be loads of scope to fit in villains we'd already seen.

I agree with all of this. It does look like Court of Owls are up next, I don't know too much about it/them/the storyline to be honest so it will be nice going in blind.

I hope they keep the Batmobile but don't put as much emphasis on it as they did in Arkham Knight.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2020, 12:00:25 pm »
Personally, I think the whole point of Batman as a character is that he hides in the shadows, lurking in the eaves and gliding amongst the gargoyles and rooftops - dropping down to silently choke out a thug and hang another one upside down.

Having him zoom around in an armoured tank blowing shit to smithereens just isn't becoming of the character. I think that's why Arkham Asylum and my personal favourite Arkham City worked so well.

I thought Arkham Knight was rubbish - because I hated the batmobile missions so much. Once I finished the game, I sold it and have never gone back, unlike Arkham City which I have completed 4 or 5 times because I enjoy it so much.

If they do another game, no batmobile!
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2020, 03:01:40 pm »
Personally, I think the whole point of Batman as a character is that he hides in the shadows, lurking in the eaves and gliding amongst the gargoyles and rooftops - dropping down to silently choke out a thug and hang another one upside down.

Having him zoom around in an armoured tank blowing shit to smithereens just isn't becoming of the character. I think that's why Arkham Asylum and my personal favourite Arkham City worked so well.

I thought Arkham Knight was rubbish - because I hated the batmobile missions so much. Once I finished the game, I sold it and have never gone back, unlike Arkham City which I have completed 4 or 5 times because I enjoy it so much.

If they do another game, no batmobile!

I tend to agree. Played a couple hours of Arkham Knight yesterday after seeing this thread and I actually think the Batmobile stuff works well in terms of mechanics - but just feels wrong in a Batman game. I'd still have it in the next game, just a sleeker version that is mainly used for fast travel. One thing I really liked about Arkham Origins was that the cops were hunting down Batman, so maybe you could take it to the next level in the next game, and if you cause a scene the cops show up with squad cars and helicopters. So you need to use the Batmobile to quickly get away, either back to Wayne Manor or to a safe house in the city.

Thinking about the next game, I hope they treat it as a reboot. That way they don't have to worry about being constrained by storylines from the other games, and it'd be a great opportunity to do different takes on the characters we've already seen to keep things fresh. I really didn't like Rocksteady's take on a few villains (Two Face and Penguin being the main ones) so it'd be nice to see something new. Would also give them licence to change the visuals up a bit - again, the Arkham games look fantastic but after four games it's probably time for something different. That way they can do a completely new map as well, so it doesn't feel like we're covering old ground. Plus a reboot means they could use Joker again, which they'll be particularly keen to do after the success of the film. Just hope that if they do that, they don't make him the main villain.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2020, 03:58:50 pm »

Thinking about the next game, I hope they treat it as a reboot. That way they don't have to worry about being constrained by storylines from the other games, and it'd be a great opportunity to do different takes on the characters we've already seen to keep things fresh. I really didn't like Rocksteady's take on a few villains (Two Face and Penguin being the main ones) so it'd be nice to see something new. Would also give them licence to change the visuals up a bit - again, the Arkham games look fantastic but after four games it's probably time for something different. That way they can do a completely new map as well, so it doesn't feel like we're covering old ground. Plus a reboot means they could use Joker again, which they'll be particularly keen to do after the success of the film. Just hope that if they do that, they don't make him the main villain.

Just out of curiosity, what was it that you didn't like about the 2 villains?

I thought the actual look of them was great, but the voice acting of Penguin was a bit shit.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2020, 04:19:26 pm »
I tend to agree. Played a couple hours of Arkham Knight yesterday after seeing this thread and I actually think the Batmobile stuff works well in terms of mechanics - but just feels wrong in a Batman game. I'd still have it in the next game, just a sleeker version that is mainly used for fast travel. One thing I really liked about Arkham Origins was that the cops were hunting down Batman, so maybe you could take it to the next level in the next game, and if you cause a scene the cops show up with squad cars and helicopters. So you need to use the Batmobile to quickly get away, either back to Wayne Manor or to a safe house in the city.

It's been the asylum, Arkham City and Gotham so far, so technically a new location each time although they feel the same and probably always will because it's a rainy night time game.

I want the car in and Joker out personally. Just leave tank mode behind.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2020, 04:37:20 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what was it that you didn't like about the 2 villains?

I thought the actual look of them was great, but the voice acting of Penguin was a bit shit.

Yeah, didn't like the Cockney take on Penguin. Just would have preferred a more refined version.

And I thought Two Face was (ironically!) a bit one note. He's one of the most nuanced Batman villains there is, but in the Arkham games he was just a generic mob boss. Reckon they could have done so much more with him, potentially as a lead villain in one of the games, but he ended up just playing a bit part in City and Knight.

Thought Bane was another one that got poor treatment - more like the version from the Clooney film than the intelligent version in the comics. Although Arkham Origins showed that version off a bit more. Oh, and Arkham Knight (the character) was a bit rubbish. Think everyone with knowledge of the comics knew it was Jason Todd, so they may as well have just used Red Hood throughout instead of him being the mirror image of Batman.

Still, for all the ones I think they got wrong they did other villains brilliantly. Joker and Harley, obviously, but also Mr Freeze, Scarecrow and Riddler. Hugo Strange and Ra's were pretty well done in Arkham City as well.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:40:26 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: June 8, 2020, 10:30:55 am »
Just about finished replaying the game - at the point where Batman surrenders to Scarecrow, but have done all the side missions (except for the Riddler trophies).

Game still holds up well, and there's some brilliant bits. I especially like when the three 'Jokers' are on the loose at the movie studio and you work with Robin to take them all down. One is through a predator mission, one is a brawl and the other (by far the best) is Johnny Charisma who morphs into Hamill's Joker while singing about Batman's parents dying  ;D The sprinkling of humour in the Arkham games is really vital I think, whether in missions like that or just listening to thugs on the street or Joker in your head.

There's some great side missions too. The Professor Pyg one is creepy as hell, Man Bat is short but really well done and the Two Face bank robberies are fun twists on the predator mode. Line of Duty I liked too as you stumble on the locations as you fly around the city, and it was interesting to see a crime not perpetrated by a supervillain. And it's still hilarious when Batman puts the fire chief, who agreed for some abandoned buildings to be burnt down to save his team's jobs, thrown into a cell holding some of Batman's biggest foes  ;D

Some side missions are a bit of a waste - they set up the Hush storyline in Arkham City and him posing as Bruce had loads of potential, but it ended up being completely throwaway. And they introduce Deathstroke, only for him to be defeated with one punch after yet another Cobra section. Real shame considering his boss fight in Origins is maybe the best in the whole series, perhaps aside from the Mr Freeze one in Arkham City.

And yeah, the Batmobile is far too integral to the game. Definitely needs to be minimised in any future game, no tank battles (although they're good fun), just use it for getting around the map and maybe a few chases.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: June 16, 2020, 12:44:39 pm »
Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment has been put up for sale. I hope it doesn't effect the release of a new Batman game.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: June 16, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »
Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment has been put up for sale. I hope it doesn't effect the release of a new Batman game.

Surely they’d be too far down the line?

There’s an expectation that something will be announced on August 22 at DC FanDome, which is a virtual event DC is doing covering film, TV, comics and games. Basically their own version of ComicCon. They’ve already said WB Games will be showcased, so stands to reason the new Arkham game will be part of it (and maybe whatever Rocksteady is working on).

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2020, 02:09:13 pm »
Confirmation that WB Montreal is revealing its new game at DC Fandome next Saturday, 6.30pm UK time for their slot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/dc/amp/news/dc-fandome-schedule-movies-tv-batman-trailers-wonder-woman/

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2020, 02:58:17 pm »
Give me a Batman Beyond game.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2020, 09:30:32 pm »
WB Montreal has started its annoying teaser campaign again. Thankfully only a few days until the full reveal.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2020, 06:35:28 pm »
Gotham Knights looks fantastic from the trailer. Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin and Red Hood. And the Court of Owls.

I'm sure Batman will re-appear during it. Definitely a more vibrant looking world, and a reboot of the Arkhamverse which is refreshing.

Not tons of details given, but Gotham looks interesting. 2021, but nothing specific.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IhVf_3TeTQE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IhVf_3TeTQE</a>
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 06:50:39 pm by Barefoot Doctor »