Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2768632 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #48600 on: September 20, 2018, 10:16:28 am »
Prince aside, super bowl half time is where music goes to curl up and die

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #48601 on: September 20, 2018, 10:42:49 am »
I never watch half time shows anyway, unless they're funny.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #48602 on: September 20, 2018, 11:43:52 am »
Yeah helps my Super Bowl sleeping plan anyway. 3.5 hours before kick off. 30 mins during half time. 4 hours after the game. In for work perfectly refreshed having watched the game had 8 hours sleep. Worked a treat last year.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #48603 on: September 20, 2018, 11:52:54 am »
Can the browns get a win tonight? At home vs the jets....

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #48604 on: September 20, 2018, 11:57:26 am »

It's time. Darnold's third game in 11 days, Browns D has been decent. Of course Landry slight knock worth watching...
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #48605 on: September 20, 2018, 12:30:06 pm »

Think the more pertinent question is how are the Browns going to get in their own way costing them the win?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48606 on: September 20, 2018, 01:25:56 pm »
Think the more pertinent question is how are the Browns going to get in their own way costing them the win?

Ten bucks on 'forgetting to add a kicker to the roster after cutting the guy from last week'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48607 on: September 20, 2018, 02:52:58 pm »
Ten bucks on 'forgetting to add a kicker to the roster after cutting the guy from last week'.

Having no kicker didn't stop the Rams winning last weekend!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #48608 on: September 20, 2018, 04:10:32 pm »

Anyone else see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWZIGS10TU&list=WL&index=14

Tin hat time or is there substance? Personally I don't care, was rooting for the Eagles anyway because I like new winners, but this is some next level Lannister from Belicheck.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48609 on: September 20, 2018, 05:02:13 pm »
Anyone else see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWZIGS10TU&list=WL&index=14

Tin hat time or is there substance? Personally I don't care, was rooting for the Eagles anyway because I like new winners, but this is some next level Lannister from Belicheck.

:shite: :mindblown :hally

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48610 on: September 20, 2018, 07:30:45 pm »
Of course the Jets would be the team to give the Browns that elusive win...

Heart says:  Jets come through and win 20-13.

Head says:  Jets are totally unprepared (as is the case most weeks), turn the ball over at least 4 times, and get drubbed 27-10.
King Kenny.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48611 on: September 20, 2018, 08:51:12 pm »
Having no kicker didn't stop the Rams winning last weekend!

Pretty much everything does with the Browns though.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48612 on: September 20, 2018, 08:55:23 pm »
Maroon 5 just announced as half-time entertainment for Super Bowl in Atlanta over the following local acts:

Ludacris
T.I.
Outkast
Janelle Monáe
Jermaine Dupri
Lil' Jon
Usher
Youngbloodz

:duh

I was dragged to a Maroon 5 concert back when they were new. It was the worst gig I’ve ever been to by some distance.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #48613 on: September 21, 2018, 01:16:03 am »
Yeah helps my Super Bowl sleeping plan anyway. 3.5 hours before kick off. 30 mins during half time. 4 hours after the game. In for work perfectly refreshed having watched the game had 8 hours sleep. Worked a treat last year.

What also works quite often: watch until the Patriots have the lead or it's the second half and they're only slightly behind then go to bed. Wake up next morning seeing that the Patriots have won and you can be happy that you've not wasted your time watching that... ;)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #48614 on: September 21, 2018, 01:22:22 am »
Only been a few good halftimes shows, most of the time i don't bother, The Who was good, Prince & U2 ones up there with the best.
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48615 on: September 21, 2018, 01:42:53 am »
Both defences have been really good so far. The under looks likely tonight. Cleveland O-line has been horrific though

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48616 on: September 21, 2018, 02:23:07 am »
Time for the Browns to pull Tyrod. The offence is fucking anemic

EDIT: They bring Mayfield in before the end of the half after Taylor receives treatment for a suspected concussion
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:49:55 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48617 on: September 21, 2018, 04:42:42 am »
No surprise.

Up 14-0, I thought, "nah," no way it's the same old Jets right?

Make Baker Mayfield look like a combination of Drew Brees and John Elway.  Order restored for the Jets.

With a young QB and over $100 million in cap space next year, Bowles should be pretty much finished unless he turns it around (not likely).

Sick of this stupid team making dumb penalties and giving up third down conversions like giving out candy.  Fucking joke.

Sick of this moronic franchise hiring rookie head coaches that are former defensive coordinators over and over again.  9 straight first-rounders on defense?  How'd that work out?  Your rookie QB looks like a deer in the headlights, and your defense can't step up at the end anyway because they're all gassed.

The best thing the Jets ever did was hire Parcells to restore credibility and to bring a proven winning mentality.

Maybe the dumbasses running this team will get the wake up call watching this game.  Not that the Browns won, but that the Browns came from 14-0 down to win.  Everyone laughs at Hue Jackson for being a bad coach.  What does this make Todd Bowles?
King Kenny.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48618 on: September 21, 2018, 04:44:03 am »
I haven’t willingly tuned into an NFL game that wasn’t the Super Bowl in 3+ years because the NFL sucks. But as an OU alum and as a die-hard Baker Mayfield fanatic, I tuned in once I heard Taylor went down. What a performance from Bake in this second half to lead the Browns to victory.

My man. Y’all better get ready, the Baker show is here.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #48619 on: September 21, 2018, 07:17:30 am »
they actually did it.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #48620 on: September 21, 2018, 07:53:06 am »
Hue Jackson said he'll need to review the tape before deciding who starts Week 4. Ok mate  ::)

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #48621 on: September 21, 2018, 08:04:56 am »
Mayfield was throwing absolute bullets last night, the receivers were doing well just to hold on to them. I’d love to know how the speed of his throws compares to other QBs
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #48622 on: September 21, 2018, 08:06:04 am »
it's not inconceivable that they could quite easily be 3-0.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48623 on: September 21, 2018, 08:40:04 am »
It's time. Darnold's third game in 11 days, Browns D has been decent. Of course Landry slight knock worth watching...
Never in doubt, Darnold looked dodgy to say the least.

Didn't expect Mayfield to lead the 14pt comeback though!

Giving up that 4th down late I thought oh not full browns!?!

Auld jesters back to earth quickly in the last 4 days...

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #48624 on: September 21, 2018, 08:49:39 am »
Only been a few good halftimes shows, most of the time i don't bother, The Who was good, Prince & U2 ones up there with the best.

Bruuuuuucçe was the best by a mile.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48625 on: September 21, 2018, 09:54:23 am »

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48626 on: September 21, 2018, 11:30:40 am »
Hue Jackson said he'll need to review the tape before deciding who starts Week 4. Ok mate  ::)

Is he fucking serious? Tyrod ran for three more yards (22), then he threw (19) over fourteen attempts. Mayfield had more yards in four attempts than either Darnold or Taylor had in the half. The Browns were utter shite offensively until Tyrod went down. The Jets should be kicking themselves though. Also Myles Garrett is going to be a beast in the next few years

Mayfield was throwing absolute bullets last night, the receivers were doing well just to hold on to them. I’d love to know how the speed of his throws compares to other QBs

Given how slow Tyrod was releasing the ball, coupled with how poor the Browns O-line was he needed to do that

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48627 on: September 21, 2018, 03:26:12 pm »
Is he fucking serious? Tyrod ran for three more yards (22), then he threw (19) over fourteen attempts. Mayfield had more yards in four attempts than either Darnold or Taylor had in the half.

I think that's the usual coachspeak for 'of course he's going to start, but I don't want to break Tyrod's confidence completely live on tv when he's head is the consistency of runny eggs'.

Even Sean McDermott rolled out the ol' 'Have to watch the tape' line after his QB seemed not to be capable of catching, throwing, or even the most basic of mechanical movements. But then again, this is Hue Jackson we're talking about.

Happy for the Browns. Garrett will be a beast, and Ward looks like an excellent CB. They have the pieces for when a real NFL head coach takes over next year.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48628 on: September 21, 2018, 04:07:13 pm »
I think that's the usual coachspeak for 'of course he's going to start, but I don't want to break Tyrod's confidence completely live on tv when he's head is the consistency of runny eggs'.

Even Sean McDermott rolled out the ol' 'Have to watch the tape' line after his QB seemed not to be capable of catching, throwing, or even the most basic of mechanical movements. But then again, this is Hue Jackson we're talking about.

Happy for the Browns. Garrett will be a beast, and Ward looks like an excellent CB. They have the pieces for when a real NFL head coach takes over next year.

I agree with pretty much everything. Honestly, despite his decent preseason and good debut, I think it was the right call to not play Baker until yesterday. Take him out of the spotlight and, at least I assume that was the plan, give him time in a dead rubber game. What happened yesterday was even better, he entered the game when they were quite a bit behind, even if they lost he wouldn't be blamed and now he's a hero because of the comeback.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48629 on: September 21, 2018, 04:08:39 pm »
Is he fucking serious? Tyrod ran for three more yards (22), then he threw (19) over fourteen attempts. Mayfield had more yards in four attempts than either Darnold or Taylor had in the half. The Browns were utter shite offensively until Tyrod went down. The Jets should be kicking themselves though. Also Myles Garrett is going to be a beast in the next few years

Given how slow Tyrod was releasing the ball, coupled with how poor the Browns O-line was he needed to do that

Mayfield was lucky not to have a few interceptions and also fumbled once, so can't take too much from it. May just be because he was coming in cold, so be interesting to see how he progresses.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48630 on: September 21, 2018, 04:11:22 pm »
it's not inconceivable that they could quite easily be 3-0.

But could also very easily be 0-3

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48631 on: September 21, 2018, 04:28:38 pm »
Mayfield was lucky not to have a few interceptions and also fumbled once, so can't take too much from it. May just be because he was coming in cold, so be interesting to see how he progresses.

Yeah, that's not true at all. He had one bad throw and that was the one in the endzone that should have been picked off. He got lucky on the fumble. He only had 6 incompletions all night with at least 2-3 of those being drops from his receivers.

Not only did he galvanize the offense with his throws and playmaking ability, he just gives a belief to the team and fans that Taylor doesn't. He's a born leader and warrior. The buzz in the stadium was quite apparent.

Not sure how one can not take a whole lot from this game. It's quite obvious he's the man for Cleveland. There will be ups and downs as with any rookie QB, but he gives them the best chance, that much is obvious. And he only feeds off the doubters and skeptics, it's in his DNA.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:30:18 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48632 on: September 21, 2018, 04:40:53 pm »
Yeah, that's not true at all. He had one bad throw and that was the one in the endzone that should have been picked off. He got lucky on the fumble. He only had 6 incompletions all night with at least 2-3 of those being drops from his receivers.

Not only did he galvanize the offense with his throws and playmaking ability, he just gives a belief to the team and fans that Taylor doesn't. He's a born leader and warrior. The buzz in the stadium was quite apparent.

Not sure how one can not take a whole lot from this game. It's quite obvious he's the man for Cleveland. There will be ups and downs as with any rookie QB, but he gives them the best chance, that much is obvious. And he only feeds off the doubters and skeptics, it's in his DNA.

The league is littered with the charred bones of QBs who came in, looked good, and then got figured out.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48633 on: September 21, 2018, 04:45:09 pm »

That’s a whole lot to take from that performance. Taylor was crucial in what should have been two wins. The fact they didn’t win them was not down to him. This side has been put together very well, which is why they’ve kept the belief in Hue.

There is nothing to say the outcome wouldn’t have been the same with Tyrod still on the pitch as there were some bad errors in bad areas by the Jets that massively contributed to the win.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrod back in, and don’t think it would be a terrible decision. Mayfield’s chance will come but it wasn’t the sort of Pat Mahomes performance that establishes a star.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48634 on: September 21, 2018, 05:56:19 pm »
The league is littered with the charred bones of QBs who came in, looked good, and then got figured out.

I'm well aware of that.

Baker won't be one.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48635 on: September 21, 2018, 06:11:50 pm »
That’s a whole lot to take from that performance. Taylor was crucial in what should have been two wins. The fact they didn’t win them was not down to him. This side has been put together very well, which is why they’ve kept the belief in Hue.

There is nothing to say the outcome wouldn’t have been the same with Tyrod still on the pitch as there were some bad errors in bad areas by the Jets that massively contributed to the win.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrod back in, and don’t think it would be a terrible decision. Mayfield’s chance will come but it wasn’t the sort of Pat Mahomes performance that establishes a star.

Tyrod is a game manager, and an OK one at best. He's completing under 50% of his passes this season. Baker has the "it" factor that Tyrod will never have and Baker's ceiling is miles higher than Taylor's ever was or ever will be.

Hue Jackson may very well go back to Taylor next weekend for the start, but if he needed any further proof that he should be fired, that will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Mayfield will have at least one game this season, assuming he's taking the reigns from here on out, where he throws 3+ INT's in a loss, but he's also going to go out there and win games for the Browns that Taylor would surely lose with his mediocre game manager abilities.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #48636 on: September 21, 2018, 06:20:38 pm »
I'm well aware of that.

Baker won't be one.

yeah that was likely said about pretty much all of them too.

but it's an overreaction league, so it's to be expected really.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48637 on: September 21, 2018, 06:49:04 pm »

You may be right, you may not be. The decisions by Hue Jackson are based around the team though. He probably will go with Baker but he has a lot to prove. Clearly you’re biased but clearly you’ve seen more of him than most. No way you can guarantee any QB coming into the NFL is going to be a success though.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48638 on: September 21, 2018, 06:55:58 pm »
You can walk up to the stadium and buy Redskins tickets.....well assuming you can get around that clusterfuck of a design and through the most comical traffic.

57K for a home opener. Capacity - 90K+....oh that's right they "changed" the capacity a few years ago to 80K.

Thanks Dan Snyder.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #48639 on: September 21, 2018, 07:02:38 pm »
You can walk up to the stadium and buy Redskins tickets.....well assuming you can get around that clusterfuck of a design and through the most comical traffic.

57K for a home opener. Capacity - 90K+....oh that's right they "changed" the capacity a few years ago to 80K.

Thanks Dan Snyder.

people can just walk up and get tickets to a game if they fancy going to one? you don't have to try and book months in advance by refeshing a webpage over and over and then getting booted out of a queue for no reason? or listening to hold music for hours on end? or paying money just for the possibility that you might get a ticket?

sounds absolutely fucking ideal to me.