Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 174965 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Those chants
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2022, 05:23:47 pm »
I've noticed you backing the good ones Jill and I took your point on board about Rob drapers good work re Paris.
I don't really do twitter apart from certain political and economic commentary, but what type of stuff happens to the decent journo's on Twitter? Is it orchestrated stuff by serious people or high volume abuse from the type of dickheads we see occasionally on here?
What sort of back up would you suggest and who are the gooduns needing support.

A lot of it can be orchestrated. It's a well-known tactic that the sport washers use professional people sitting in offices answering anyone who criticises Abu Dhabi, Qatar or whoever. It can get quite personal on occasion. Delaney had his twitter invaded by all sorts of arse holes on one occasion, so I stayed there and put in a few bullets in there myself on some of the idiots. A number of journalists are getting more proactive now the World Cup is coming and writing articles on the poor workers over there, and also on the LGBT stuff as well. I can understand people not wanting to go on twitter but sometimes you have to fight the battles, otherwise the decent get drowned out sadly. Yes, Draper did some really good work in Paris, I am glad they are going to send that report into the enquiry.

I would suggest Miguel Delaney, Rob Harris, David Conn, Adam Crafton.  These have all done some great work. Also, Philippe Auclair is a real critic of them. You don't have to get personally involved just retweet their messages when they are attacking Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 05:31:48 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2022, 05:26:11 pm »
To be honest, the Liverpool statement made me cringe. But not as much as the City reaction of we sang about it because Klopp upset us.

I'm with the person who posted about having the 81 Road End back to sort them out. They'd think twice about singing anything if they had to come out to them.

Why does the club statement make you cringe? Do you think the club should just sit back on not challenge this behaviour?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2022, 05:42:24 pm »
Exactly!  There’s supporters of all clubs out there who understand what happened at Hillsborough and have shown their support over the years. And they will always be welcomed with open arms, and that goes for supporters of our fiercest rivals.

But nah…we generally look to Europe for our friends, and we find them virtually everywhere we go. I’m not a regular anymore, but I’ve done about 30 European aways over the years and never seen any trouble. The odd tense moment when the police are dressed like the Robocops mentioned last night (Anderlecht) or when the locals are looking to pick you off if you’re not in a group (Roma). But we just used to make friends wherever we went and I’m sure we still do. It’s in Liverpool’s DNA. And I’m talking about some of the most intimidating and passionate places in Europe.

Sorry if it sounds aloof (and I suppose it does wind them up! ;D) but couldn’t be arsed worrying about fans of English clubs liking us when we’ve got friends from Portugal to Turkey and all points in between. It boils down to scruffy no marks vs class n tapas. We’ve made our choice and we’re very happy with it!
Good post. I see us far more as a European club than an English club. As you say, we've got friends everywhere across the continent. European football should be all about going to all kinds of places, making friends and seeing your team. We've done that for decades and have made countless friends in the process.

When fans of a sportswash or an establishment club like you, you know you're doing something very wrong. I'm actually glad the likes of Chelsea and Abu Dhabi don't like us. It tells me we are doing an awful lot right.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2022, 05:45:04 pm »
A lot of it can be orchestrated. It's a well-known tactic that the sport washers use professional people sitting in offices answering anyone who criticises Abu Dhabi, Qatar or whoever. It can get quite personal on occasion. Delaney had his twitter invaded by all sorts of arse holes on one occasion, so I stayed there and put in a few bullets in there myself on some of the idiots. A number of journalists are getting more proactive now the World Cup is coming and writing articles on the poor workers over there, and also on the LGBT stuff as well. I can understand people not wanting to go on twitter but sometimes you have to fight the battles, otherwise the decent get drowned out sadly. Yes, Draper did some really good work in Paris, I am glad they are going to send that report into the enquiry.

I would suggest Miguel Delaney, Rob Harris, David Conn, Adam Crafton.  These have all done some great work. Also, Philippe Auclair is a real critic of them. You don't have to get personally involved just retweet their messages when they are attacking Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
Thanks. Wasn't aware of Adam Crafton - possibly because I don't have anything to do with the Athletic! Maybe he could have a word with Pierce too  ;)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2022, 05:50:34 pm »
Thanks. Wasn't aware of Adam Crafton - possibly because I don't have anything to do with the Athletic! Maybe he could have a word with Pierce too  ;)

Another excellent source for the sports washing and human rights in a journalist called Nicholas McGeehan has some excellent articles which are great to share with those learning about it. 

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2022, 05:56:39 pm »
I see there still using lies as an excuse for city fans behaviour

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63299787
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2022, 05:58:35 pm »
What Klopp said about state owned oil cheats had no baring on the chants being sung. The pricks would have sung those chants regardless, like the slime they are.

I cannot believe there going with that stance are they for real
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2022, 06:01:45 pm »

Eddie Howe is brain dead.

"What Dan meant was there's no ceiling to our ambition," Howe said.

Yeah, why is that Eddie...?
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2022, 06:03:19 pm »
Eddie Howe is brain dead.

"What Dan meant was there's no ceiling to our ambition," Howe said.

Yeah, why is that Eddie...?

Whats that be careful what your saying who does he think he is
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2022, 06:10:02 pm »

Yeah, and why is that then? Couldn't be to do with the club's unlimited funds, could it?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2022, 07:27:50 pm »
Why does the club statement make you cringe? Do you think the club should just sit back on not challenge this behaviour?

I'll quote my earlier post,

"But people (in general) are nob heads at the match, and this opens the floodgates to all kinds of things we've sung - and still do in small numbers. I assume the statement came from pressure from the 97 families. But for 30 years the Club didn't acknowledge survivors or support us against SYP allegations. Now they're suddenly making statements 34 years later. The Goodison silence incident was 21 years ago. Where were they then?"

I was told it was a poor post. But you asked and that's how it made me feel. Then again, every time I think back to days of the Club sneering across the road at the HJC shop, it gets my back up. I'm just a bitter old man.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2022, 07:45:02 pm »

"But people (in general) are nob heads at the match, and this opens the floodgates to all kinds of things we've sung - and still do in small numbers. I assume the statement came from pressure from the 97 families. But for 30 years the Club didn't acknowledge survivors or support us against SYP allegations. Now they're suddenly making statements 34 years later. The Goodison silence incident was 21 years ago. Where were they then?"

I was told it was a poor post. But you asked and that's how it made me feel. Then again, every time I think back to days of the Club sneering across the road at the HJC shop, it gets my back up. I'm just a bitter old man.

I couldn't agree more. Pathetic

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2022, 12:00:29 am »

That was me and I think it was because I normally rate your posts highly.

Is there any evidence for thinking that the current staff at the club are only doing this  "under pressure from the 97 families"? I know things weren't great before but why lambast this current iteration of the club for what other people failed to do in the past? In a different age, with different people in charge?

It's a very different set up and ownership and staff now and in instances where they ARE saying and doing the right things it should be applauded. They're not perfect but improving, and learning lessons from past failures.

There was some unfortunate stuff from the club in the past, but no-one can go back and change that now; they can only try and do better.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2022, 02:15:39 pm »
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has apologised after chants by his club’s fans referencing the Heysel and Hillsborough tragedies during last weekend’s defeat to Liverpool at Anfield.

Liverpool expressed their disappointment over chants from City’s fans, with the Anfield Road stand concourse damaged with similarly-themed graffiti.

Guardiola said: “I didn’t hear the chant. If it has happened I am so sorry. It does not represent who we are as a team or a club.”

Asked if the rivalry between the clubs has become toxic, Guardiola said: “I don’t think so. I don’t think so. From our side I am pretty sure of that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2022/oct/21/weekend-countdown-premier-league-aston-villa-chelsea-manchester-united-live
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2022, 02:31:56 pm »
Being as Guardiola stuffed in an ‘if it happened’, that ‘apology’ can fuck right off. He’s an absolute prick that man.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2022, 02:32:40 pm »
Being as Guardiola stuffed in an ‘if it happened’, that ‘apology’ can fuck right off. He’s an absolute prick that man.

A politicians qualified apology. Prick.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2022, 02:32:43 pm »
If I apologised in that way to my wife I would have been divorced a decade ago.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2022, 02:48:23 pm »
Sean Cox chants are a new one i've found out about this week. Not the "Battered in the streets" shite sung by City, actual songs mocking Sean.

It genuinely puts you off the game knowing that this stuff is jumped on by the masses, not just a handful of idiots, and is classed as "banter". What is the point?

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2022, 02:52:35 pm »
Sean Cox chants are a new one i've found out about this week. Not the "Battered in the streets" shite sung by City, actual songs mocking Sean.

It genuinely puts you off the game knowing that this stuff is jumped on by the masses, not just a handful of idiots, and is classed as "banter". What is the point?
Honestly, It becomes harder and harder to put up wth this sport with shit like this going on.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2022, 03:00:00 pm »
Honestly, It becomes harder and harder to put up wth this sport with shit like this going on.

It's sad that the Stone Island wearing, Dark Fruits drinking idiots have polluted football social media and can get the attention they crave from this shite.

If you flag it you're then "boring" or a "typical scouser", if being boring means not being a disrespectful prick and making light of situations where human lives have been affected (or indeed lost) then fine.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2022, 03:00:21 pm »

A short 1-minute(ish) video of Guardiola's non-apology apology...

https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/1583441625128538114

^ 'Pep Guardiola has offered a half-hearted apology for Hillsborough chants from Man City fans. "I didn't hear the chant. If it happened, I'm so sorry. It does not what we are as a team, as a club. If this happened".'

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2022, 03:00:37 pm »
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has apologised after chants by his club’s fans referencing the Heysel and Hillsborough tragedies during last weekend’s defeat to Liverpool at Anfield.

Liverpool expressed their disappointment over chants from City’s fans, with the Anfield Road stand concourse damaged with similarly-themed graffiti.

Guardiola said: “I didn’t hear the chant. If it has happened I am so sorry. It does not represent who we are as a team or a club.”

Asked if the rivalry between the clubs has become toxic, Guardiola said: “I don’t think so. I don’t think so. From our side I am pretty sure of that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2022/oct/21/weekend-countdown-premier-league-aston-villa-chelsea-manchester-united-live

I bow to no man in my disdain of  everything City...but I don't belive he implies it might not have happened..he has fucking weird syntax when he is interviewed.
Edit: Hmmm not sure now he added if it happened at end..if he dud then scrub what I said hes a c*nt ;D

main thing is he has been put out there to make the apology..rather than the owners which is where it should come from....upside is he must feels like a c*nt and makes their knob head fans gutted he has had too
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 03:11:23 pm by FlashingBlade »

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2022, 03:05:26 pm »
At least we're getting headlines now about the chants.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2022, 03:09:39 pm »

This is important too..spot on

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2022, 03:13:33 pm »
They should have asked him if he believed the chants were a direct result of Jurgen's "xenophobia".
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2022, 04:49:05 pm »
Strange how they make their slurs publicly but their apologies privately.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2022, 07:30:48 am »
"If" it happened. Fair enough if he doesn´t know what people are actually singing inside the stadium - he´s not a native speaker and you can´t always make out the words. But there is no way you can still deny it at this stage.

You can hear it on the telly. The graffiti was spralled on the walls. It´s a very Donald Trumpesque "if" when 54,000 people heard it in person inside the stadium, and potentially hundreds of thousands if not millions more heard it on the television. Post-Truth and all that....

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2022, 09:35:53 am »
"If" it happened. Fair enough if he doesn´t know what people are actually singing inside the stadium - he´s not a native speaker and you can´t always make out the words. But there is no way you can still deny it at this stage.

You can hear it on the telly. The graffiti was spralled on the walls. It´s a very Donald Trumpesque "if" when 54,000 people heard it in person inside the stadium, and potentially hundreds of thousands if not millions more heard it on the television. Post-Truth and all that....

I do wish people would stop throwing this in as an excuse, fair enough if he were thick as mince and had been here for a few weeks but that is not the case here, ten years in the country and you can tell during his interviews that he has built up a greater vocabulary and ability to articulate which exceeds natives like Jack Grealish.

When he talks like a c*nt he knows he is talking like a c*nt but he doesn't care because he's an arrogant prick and takes the blood-soaked coin quite happily.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2022, 10:48:53 am »
A politicians qualified apology. Prick.

And the next Prime Minister of Great Britain is... Pep Guardiola!!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2022, 10:50:29 am »
It's sad that the Stone Island wearing, Dark Fruits drinking idiots have polluted football social media and can get the attention they crave from this shite.

If you flag it you're then "boring" or a "typical scouser", if being boring means not being a disrespectful prick and making light of situations where human lives have been affected (or indeed lost) then fine.

* & cocaine hoovering
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2022, 11:47:20 am »
https://twitter.com/ziggerzagger67/status/1583753312075419648?s=61&t=ZKDQjlXevwystgENA92Esw

I’ve put a link to this guys thread asking for Forest fans to behave in the main match preview.

Sadly he has already spotted these
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline danscib

• Main Stander
  • Igor in the changing room
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2022, 12:16:51 pm »

Yes, so important. No doubt through hard work from our Liverpool family.

Latest BBC article runs with the headline 'Guardiola 'so sorry' for Man City fan's chanting'. A positive change (even if the full article starts to equivocate again) from that despicable article by Simon Stewart earlier in the week.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 12:18:28 pm by danscib »

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2022, 12:31:19 pm »
Fuckin hell under 30 secs for Sign On chants.

Pricks
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2022, 12:37:12 pm »
And now always the victim. Scum.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2022, 12:42:00 pm »
Fuckin hell under 30 secs for Sign On chants.

Pricks

Surprised they're not signing Geno by Dexy's Midnight Runners considering that was the last time they won something significant.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2022, 12:44:52 pm »
Nothing will be done, nothing will be said.

Status quo really.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2022, 01:23:46 pm »

''Always the victims' for the third time from the Forest fans': https://twitter.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1583791302474313728
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2022, 01:37:27 pm »
Dirty Tory c*nts. And people wanted them back because apparently they're a historical club. Fuck them, none of the new generation of fans know who they are and rightly so.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2022, 01:41:07 pm »
''Always the victims' for the third time from the Forest fans': https://twitter.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1583791302474313728

Always have been and always will be a bad firm of scabs.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2022, 02:08:27 pm »
Forest have always been a bunch of c*nts. Shit Tory place for a long time aswell.

They were famous for 10 minutes thanks to that nasty alcoholic c*nt Clough - they'll be back down by the end of the year.

It's always worse when they behave like this as they were there.