Author Topic: Paris  (Read 182211 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Paris
« Reply #2160 on: March 10, 2023, 06:28:29 pm »
Anyone had an email from Uefa?
It's saying whoever purchased the tickets initially (ours were delivered to my mates house) should contact them.
But I thought LFC had been tasked with refunding us directly?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: March 10, 2023, 10:11:42 pm »
It's also occurred to me that a fair amount of touts will get refunds and won't pass it on to the match-goers.
Has anyone had any communication from the club?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 11:17:51 pm by John C »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2162 on: March 10, 2023, 11:13:33 pm »
Nothing here yet John , I did get an email after Paris to send photos and describe the experience so they have my details .

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2163 on: March 10, 2023, 11:48:42 pm »
Nothing here from UEFA or the club.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline goodie106

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2164 on: March 14, 2023, 11:15:58 am »
Has anybody contacted FIFA? had 2 ballot tickets and entered through gate C and emailed last week but had no contact since

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #2165 on: March 14, 2023, 06:09:49 pm »
Has anybody contacted FIFA? had 2 ballot tickets and entered through gate C and emailed last week but had no contact since

We had two in the ballot for turnstile D. Just emailed UEFA yesterday even though I don't qualify based on their arbitrary logic. Obviously not heard back yet.  Let me know how you get on.  I did try to PM you but you can't receive them yet.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: March 14, 2023, 07:17:15 pm »
If you haven't already, register on the Uefa website, there's a link on there to follow to claim a refund if you didn't get it direct from LFC

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2168 on: March 15, 2023, 09:39:19 am »
Sister had a UEFA ticket in neutrals but in turnstile U. Is it worth still submitting it? Even though on paper it doesn’t meet the criteria

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2169 on: March 15, 2023, 10:22:42 am »
Contacted the club this morning, it's still with them to sort out at the moment:

"As per announcement that was published on the 7th March 2023, LFC will provide a further update to all supporters with details about when the refunds will be administered. If you purchased tickets through Liverpool FC, you do not have to take any action for the moment.
Please keep checking the website for updates on this."

Online pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #2170 on: March 15, 2023, 11:01:30 am »
If you haven't already, register on the Uefa website, there's a link on there to follow to claim a refund if you didn't get it direct from LFC
Do you have a link or some information on where to look? I've logged onto my account but can't seem anything obvious.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #2171 on: March 15, 2023, 03:00:04 pm »
I was very disappointed to see the problems that Inter fans experienced at Porto with thousands of ticket holders excluded because they were wearing club colours nd had tckets outside of the away area.. The conditions they were penned in  outside were unacceptable.

Whilst my primary concern is our fans, if lessons from the past are not learned the whole depressing cycle simply spins again.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: March 15, 2023, 03:05:17 pm »
Do you have a link or some information on where to look? I've logged onto my account but can't seem anything obvious.
https://support.tickets-uclfinal.uefa.com/hc/en-us
https://support.tickets-uclfinal.uefa.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005592519-GENERAL-INFORMATION

Sorry mate only just seen this.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2173 on: March 15, 2023, 03:34:58 pm »
https://support.tickets-uclfinal.uefa.com/hc/en-us
https://support.tickets-uclfinal.uefa.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005592519-GENERAL-INFORMATION

Sorry mate only just seen this.

I had access to UEFA tickets which were forward to me (Gate X) right next to our end and the only proof I have is the screenshot from the app where order history has conveniently disappeared.

The process of transferring tickets was quite thorough in terms of transferring to a specific email address registered with UEFA and additional details - looks like they didn’t allocate the ticket to your profile which has probably stayed with the original purchaser so I’m assuming I won’t be eligible for a UEFA refund.

Does anyone know?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:40:41 pm by Danyaals Kop »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2174 on: March 15, 2023, 03:59:51 pm »
Aleksander Ceferin can fuck off

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: March 15, 2023, 04:24:30 pm »
Aleksander Ceferin can fuck off

Yup, blaming the French Police now. Seems like UEFA won't accept any responsibility.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2176 on: March 15, 2023, 04:51:02 pm »
Yup, blaming the French Police now. Seems like UEFA won't accept any responsibility.

The liar claims he knew nothing about what was happening. Perhaps if he'd had the courtesy to listen to Steve Rotheram rather than walking away when he tried to alert him, he might have been better informed. The twat needs to be sacked not relected unopposed.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2177 on: March 15, 2023, 05:01:21 pm »
'UEFA "terribly sorry" for Paris chaos as Ceferin points blame for lies about Liverpool fans':-

The UEFA president said that the governing body is committed to ensure there is no repeat of scenes in which innocent Liverpool fans were locked out of Champions League final and tear gassed by police

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/uefa-terribly-sorry-paris-chaos-29463541

snippets...

'UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said that the governing body is “terribly sorry” for the chaos that engulfed last season’s Champions League final - and initially blaming Liverpool supporters for the distressing scenes outside Stade de France.'

&

'In an upcoming interview with Gary Neville on The Overlap, Ceferin accepted UEFA’s failings but levelled significant criticism at the door of French police who “did not communicate with us” and said that they will do everything possible to ensure there is no repeat of the scenes at future finals'

&

'Ceferin said: “I feel sorry for what happened and we will make sure that it doesn’t happen again, that’s the most important thing for me.

“When I went to the match, I had a meeting with the King of Spain and someone came and said there is a problem with some entrances with the fans. We didn’t know how serious that was back then, because UEFA does not have jurisdiction outside the stadium. The French police did not communicate with us.

“Trust me, there is not a single person in UEFA who is not terribly sorry, and the main topic of conversation is how to make sure that it does not happen again. Thank God, nothing terrible happened.

“We have to have better communication with the local authorities because in London [at the Euro 2021 final] again it was not UEFA who should protect outside the stadium, it was local police and, obviously, not very successfully.

“We are doing everything we can and we will not let it happen again.”'

^ He hasn't said a thing on this since the Independent Report came out. It has taken him 9 months to come out with that crap? An utter shite attempt at deflecting blame away from himself and UEFA...? Wow...

'Aleksander Čeferin reveals all on the Super League, football integrity & Liverpool's UCL Final' - a 45 minute video at The Overlap (another Gary Neville soapbox):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YMtMg9BqZSM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YMtMg9BqZSM</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMtMg9BqZSM

He starts talking about the events in Paris - and the Independent Report - at 19 minutes and 44 seconds into the above video, and ends at 24 minutes.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 05:20:11 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2179 on: March 15, 2023, 06:51:47 pm »
Liverpool and Madrid directors have held a meeting today to discuss all sorts of matters according to reports.  I presume Paris came up?

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: March 16, 2023, 10:43:21 am »
Neville giving an awful interview there not knowledgeable of the detail of the event, the actual legal obligations uefa has   defining what is outside the staduim as saint denis is odd compared to English grounds in its footprint  ,and conflating Wembley euro 2020 final with paris is insulting as the issues are completely different.

Of course he would not sit down with a phil scraton, neville is not qualified to hold such an interview hence why ceferin choose to bat to the underarm soft balls of a gary.

Inter fans having issues at porto grimly no surprise .
No time for caution.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #2181 on: March 18, 2023, 07:10:57 pm »
Inter fans having issues at porto grimly no surprise .

Thread on that here:

https://twitter.com/FootballShirtC2/status/1635764789363261442

Sure, lessons learnt.  >:(

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: March 25, 2023, 08:49:12 pm »
Has anyone been refunded by the club yet?

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2183 on: March 25, 2023, 09:50:40 pm »
No. I’d rather we took them to task than the token gesture of a refund.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2184 on: March 25, 2023, 10:32:25 pm »

Completely forgot about that…thought they would’ve released something further by now

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: March 25, 2023, 11:57:21 pm »
No. I’d rather we took them to task than the token gesture of a refund.
Yep I agree, but did you read and sign the 50page doc from Bingham's? Where do we go from there mate and how do we take them to task.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: March 26, 2023, 09:48:59 am »
Anyone know if the club will give the option to donate the refund?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2187 on: March 26, 2023, 04:56:05 pm »
I'm interested in the terms of the refund, if it's a case that you have to waive the right to legal action then I'm not taking it. It's not a case of money for me either I just don't want another Final being played again in Paris in the foreseeable future.

I had an Arsenal fan ask me the week after the Final if I'd been, I asked if they'd been to Paris in 2006 when they'd played Barcelona and did they have problems back then. His response was he didn't because they'd similar problem in 1995 for the Cup Winners Cup Final 1995 so didn't go back for the CL FInal, but heard similar stores from other Arsenal fans after 2006 as well.

You can see similar happening for the Olympics in 2024, particularly around the Mens 100m Final and I know there are concerns also about the Rugby World Cup later this year.

Offline reddav72

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2188 on: March 29, 2023, 10:40:41 am »
Yep I agree, but did you read and sign the 50page doc from Bingham's? Where do we go from there mate and how do we take them to task.

Has anyone signed up for this by Binghams?
have been contacted....read the rules..at the end its says there costs are 6k each...which we pay if we win. cannot see anyone getting more than 6k?
part of the noise!!
i was once told 'why dont you go out and meet somebody' i said 'i dont want to meet somebody. I want to meet everybody'!!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: March 29, 2023, 04:35:01 pm »
Genuinely can't remember what time i got in at, it was definitely before kick-off but that is fucking farcical from Uefa. Although in the neutral section, i was caught up in the nonsense for at least 2 hours trying to get to my gate through those access points.

Response received the Uefa pricks. Ticket was transferred to me through their app.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for your email.

UEFA has decided to implement a special refund scheme for fans who were most affected when accessing the Stade de France on 28 May 2022.

We would like to thank you for sharing with us the information in relation to your experience whilst attending the UEFA Champions League Final 2022. UEFA sincerely apologises to all those who were affected by the difficulties in accessing the stadium.

We have noted that you have not purchased the tickets directly from us. Please note that UEFA is only able to process any potential refund to the original buyer.  However, with regards to your request for a refund, we have noted that the tickets which you held do not qualify for a refund under the special refund scheme which UEFA has implemented.  Accordingly, whilst we thank you for your feedback, the tickets which you have referred to will not be refunded.

We thank you again for sharing your experience with us and would like to assure you that UEFA is reviewing the recommendations of the Independent Review Panel in order to introduce appropriate changes and arrangements to ensure the highest level of safety for fans at future finals.

Thank you.

Best regards,
UEFA Ticketing Customer Service

Offline Sat on the bar

• Main Stander
« Reply #2190 on: March 29, 2023, 05:56:20 pm »
have been contacted....read the rules..at the end its says there costs are 6k each...which we pay if we win. cannot see anyone getting more than 6k?
Surely that can’t be right, they’ve got two thousand people signed up. That would mean they stand to earn 12 million quid, mindblowing  :-\

Offline goodie106

• Main Stander
« Reply #2191 on: March 29, 2023, 07:19:03 pm »
Has anyone else had a response from UEFA or the club?

I got my tickets via the UEFA ballot and applied but have not heard anything else apart from a confirmation they received my email.

Offline goodie106

• Main Stander
« Reply #2192 on: March 29, 2023, 07:19:53 pm »
*sorry should have said applied for a refund

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #2193 on: March 29, 2023, 08:36:54 pm »
We got two from uefa ballot in a late sale.  Sent off for refund a couple of weeks ago and heard nothing. Not holding out much hope judging by above. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 08:47:04 pm by rewood »

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: March 30, 2023, 10:05:14 am »

And if you win, and pro rata it comes to less than 6k once the settlement is distributed, you will owe them money?

Interesting .   .   .

I would read the fine print.  Or anything else stuck way, way down, at the bottom of page 50.

Better idea: find a really good lawyer, some fans in attendance to come forward and establish injury, ask the lawyer to build a case for criminal charges against UEFA, and look for a court that can assert jurisdiction. 

Money isn't everything.

Normally, that last part would be hard, as everything is tightly controlled. But that control is now collapsing.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:24:18 am by FLRed67 »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: March 30, 2023, 10:06:37 am »
I haven't and they keep contacting me. I don't think I'll bother to be honest. I know some people want more than a refund, and that's fair enough, but I'll take the refund from the club whenever that occurs.
I don't think there's been any news yet?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: March 30, 2023, 10:08:18 am »
This is an extract from the latest Spirit of Shankly newsletter. The FA never do and never fucking will learn any lessons and take the right actions at the appropriate time.

FA Silence
On 20 March, SOS committee members met with Debbie Hewitt, Chair of
the FA, who wanted to explain the FA’s public silence following the
events in Paris last year. She told us she was in Paris, in the same area of
Stade de France as Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram, saw how distressed he
was and vociferously let people know what was happening outside and
tried to get help.
The FA were in regular contact with LFC behind the scenes, but as a
governing body they know public statements can prejudice inquiries and
wanted to ensure that didn’t happen. On reflection, Debbie admitted
they should have reached out to us directly to explain that and to see how
they could support us, even privately. She apologised that they hadn’t.
She also told us that in understanding the impact Paris would have on
Hillsborough Survivors, the FA have made a donation to the LFC
Foundation to enable the Centre for Collective Trauma to deliver a
specific programme of support for Hillsborough survivors referred from
the Hillsborough Survivors Support Alliance. She said our feedback had
made them think more about how they engage with fans and asked us to
convey to LFC supporters how sorry they are for what they experienced in
Paris.
From a fan perspective, the lack of support/communication from the FA
was frustrating, but it is positive that dialogue has been opened and
there is a commitment to work together to ensure UEFA are held to
account and the English game can improve for the greater good of
supporters.

Offline Jotatheslotter

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2197 on: March 30, 2023, 12:45:13 pm »
Me and my brother received our refund yesterday.

UEFA has decided to implement a special refund scheme for fans who were most affected when accessing the Stade de France on 28 May 2022.

We would like to thank you for sharing with us the information in relation to your experience whilst attending the UEFA Champions League Final 2022. UEFA sincerely apologises to all those who were affected by the difficulties in accessing the stadium.

We have noted from our access control system that your tickets were not scanned to enter the stadium. As such, we can confirm that you will be issued with a full refund for the face value of the tickets you purchased.

This refund will be sent by default to the card used to purchase the ticket(s). You will receive a separate email once your refund has been processed. Please bear in mind that it can take several days for the refund to reach your card.

We thank you again for sharing your experience with us and would like to assure you that UEFA is reviewing the recommendations of the Independent Review Panel in order to introduce appropriate changes and arrangements to ensure the highest level of safety for fans at future finals.

Best regards,

Offline goodie106

• Main Stander
« Reply #2198 on: March 30, 2023, 01:41:01 pm »
Hi when did you apply for your refund has anyone else got a letter like this ?
Me and my brother received our refund yesterday.

We have noted from our access control system that your tickets were not scanned to enter the stadium. As such, we can confirm that you will be issued with a full refund for the face value of the tickets you purchased.

This refund will be sent by default to the card used to purchase the ticket(s). You will receive a separate email once your refund has been processed. Please bear in mind that it can take several days for the refund to reach your card.

Best regards,

Offline goodie106

• Main Stander
« Reply #2199 on: March 30, 2023, 01:51:46 pm »
Also did you and your brother not get into the stadium at all?