Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 818712 times)

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2006, 04:17:02 pm »
the phoenix landing is a reds bar,its near the central square t stop.we get a good turn out but the 7.45 start is keeping numbers down.lazy bastards can't get out of bed.

And you can get some damn fine curry near there!!

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2006, 05:10:28 pm »
Ahh good to know

do they show every LFC game without fail?

I assume they have flat screens?  how is the scene there?

what stop off the red line is the Phoenix?

Owner of The Banshee is a Red so it is never an issue there..

I can't remember them not showing a game last year... although one or two were on tape delay. Yeah great tvs, flat screens, all of that.
It's at central on the red line... Also nice cos it's open for the 7:45 starts, as groggy as everyone (who has the energy to show up) is.
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: September 2, 2006, 09:27:36 pm »
Received my itvn box yesterday and setup took about five minutes, including unpacking. Basically the main configuration I had to do was the router piece for port 554. Once that was done I was able to watch the highest steam with no buffering (so far). Anyway, watched the Czech v Wales game (Welsh were very unlucky but Bellamy, although playing well, missed a few good chances) and had no buffering. Picture quality is pretty decent. It's not HD nor even normal cable quality but at 1000k, not very much lower than regular cable. If I did encounter buffering and had to drop down a level or two to 750k or 500k, then I might not be so happy though.

Generally, I'm only going to be interested in the Liverpool games so as mentioned by other posters this box will probably sit idle quite a lot of the time (there's a lot of MUTV and ChleskiTV stuff). Having said that, if there's a decent game on and we've got 10" of snow outside in January, it may get used a bit more. Still, as an alternative to having to pay $20 per pay-per-view game this seems like a decent deal. The first real test comes next Saturday though.

One comment on itvn support. All my questions on their forums http://www.itvnforums.com/index.php and when calling have been answered very quickly by US based support. You don't get routed to Bangalore. They're obviously very enthusiatic about this product but I suspect that as a startup type venture, this will either be a great service if it's popular or disappear when they run out of money. I'm hoping and pulling for it to be the former.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2006, 09:31:11 pm by quasimodo »

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #163 on: September 3, 2006, 12:59:11 pm »
Coverage of our match v Everton wil begin at 7:40..even though the listing says 7:30. Setanta just plays other footy related stuff until the coverage starts.

If you are setting something up to record...make sure you override the time. As --and don't ask me why--the coverage is from 7:30-9:30 am. So be sure to add a 1/2 hour to get the last 15 minutes + of the match.

All times Eastern..;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: September 4, 2006, 05:19:17 pm »
i see the psv game is scheduled for espn2.

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: September 8, 2006, 06:39:56 pm »
has anyone used the maxtv program to watch free stuff?it has setanta a decent pic but its squashed,dunno how to expand it.found it thru the myp2p site.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: September 8, 2006, 06:52:39 pm »
i see the psv game is scheduled for espn2.
And, I think, ESPN2 High Definition.

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 8, 2006, 06:57:40 pm »
has anyone used the maxtv program to watch free stuff?it has setanta a decent pic but its squashed,dunno how to expand it.found it thru the myp2p site.
Not sure you can do anything about the squashed pic.  Also, its not a p2p program more of a direct stream so you need to get on early cause they limit the number of connections to maintain the quality of the stream.

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2006, 07:04:15 pm »
RE: PSV Game

I'll be in the US tomorrow, what's the deal with the PSV game? Is it on ESPN2? If so, will it be Live? Or is it taped delayed, and shown later on?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Des :wave
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline Lucas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2006, 07:09:22 pm »
Game is on ESPN 2 live, coverage starts at 2:30pm et

http://www.firsttouchonline.com/schedule.html

Tom

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2006, 07:18:51 pm »
Game is on ESPN 2 live, coverage starts at 2:30pm et

http://www.firsttouchonline.com/schedule.html

Tom

Cheers :)

Any chance it'll be repeated later on in the evening? I think I'll still be flying then :(

Soz to be a pain.

Offline Lucas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2006, 07:37:18 pm »
If you can find somewhere with ESPN Deportes(spanish version) its been repeated at 7pm and 3am

ESPN 2 will not be re-showing the game, they never do

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide

Tom

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2006, 07:49:15 pm »
If you can find somewhere with ESPN Deportes(spanish version) its been repeated at 7pm and 3am

ESPN 2 will not be re-showing the game, they never do

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide

Tom

Ok, cheers mate :)

Thanks for all your help

:wave

Offline jwbuonopane

• Kemlynite
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2006, 01:01:32 am »
where are Boston Reds gathering tom for CL game?  Phoenix Landing in Cambridge?  Green Briar in Brighton?

Want to make sure lively group in full effect @ bar for match!
YNWA in Boston

Wii Console- 2566 8957 0733 7942

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2006, 02:24:35 am »
im gonna head to the phoenix landing dont know how many others will be out.

Offline BrooklynRed05

• Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2006, 04:34:30 pm »
Thought I had everything sorted after getting my ITVN box up and running and keeping my subscription to Fox Soccer Channel up to date, plus subscribing to LFC.tv e-season ticket on the off chance that a game is not on television here in the states.  Of course this all costs $$, but I thought it was worth it and had convinced the wife that the LFC money flow was stabilized.

That was before being subjected to 90+ minutes of commentary from Tommie Smyth on ESPN!!!  FFS that man is the absolute worst sports commentator on the globe.  I can't stand it, now I have to subscribe to ESPNDeportes to avoid dealing with his unique sense of negativity, baseless opinion, and myopia (he actually suggested that the PSV keeper got a hand to Gerrard's shot when in actuality he wasn't within 2 ft of it!).  Luckily I can understand espanol and to be honest the excitement they lend to even the dullest games is a plus, but it is another $5 a month for me....as an added bonus the package on Cablevision includes GolTV so I might get to watch LiverpoolFC TV!  I am happy that US Reds without Setanta or access to a bar in the middle of the work day get to see LFC in action when ESPN decides to carry the match, but surely "the worldwide leader in sports" could do better than that imbecile.  I think I would even prefer Marcelo Balboa and that is something I never imagined I would say about anyone.

"It all comes down to how much motherfucking food you can put on the table"---Ice Cube

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2006, 04:48:04 pm »
tommy "onion bag" Smyth is in a class of his own!!

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2006, 05:00:16 pm »
I think I would even prefer Marcelo Balboa and that is something I never imagined I would say about anyone.
My god, man - get a grip on yourself!!   ;)  IMO, no one's as bad as Marcelo - not even Tommy "slaphead" Smyth (and I hate the Manc, believe me).  Just had my Tommy rant in the latest Paul Tomkins thread.  To stump up the extra dosh for ESPN Deportes just to avoid him is pretty serious! 

FWIW, you may want to save that money - usually if the LFC C.L. match is not on ESPN2, Setanta Sports will carry it live or SDD (they have a deal to show whatever English team's match isn't picked up by ESPN on a given matchday).  So if you've already got Setanta, you're sort of duplicating your efforts by getting ESPN Deportes as well (unless, of course, you want the access to more CL games - lucky so-and-so!   :wave).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 05:37:58 pm by ConnieLFC »

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2006, 05:22:58 pm »
I think I would even prefer Marcelo Balboa and that is something I never imagined I would say about anyone.
NO!  God, don't even suggest that. Also, Derek Rae is good.

By the way, a follow up on ITVN. The stream for last weekends game was okay. Had a bit of buffering at 1000k, but was okay at 750k. Haven't really used the box other than our games and to test by watching NI v Spain and France v Italy the previous week, both of which were flawless (more than you can say for the Spanish defence).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 05:27:15 pm by quasimodo »

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2006, 05:24:57 pm »
Thought I had everything sorted after getting my ITVN box up and running and keeping my subscription to Fox Soccer Channel up to date, plus subscribing to LFC.tv e-season ticket on the off chance that a game is not on television here in the states.  Of course this all costs $$, but I thought it was worth it and had convinced the wife that the LFC money flow was stabilized.

That was before being subjected to 90+ minutes of commentary from Tommie Smyth on ESPN!!!  FFS that man is the absolute worst sports commentator on the globe.  I can't stand it, now I have to subscribe to ESPNDeportes to avoid dealing with his unique sense of negativity, baseless opinion, and myopia (he actually suggested that the PSV keeper got a hand to Gerrard's shot when in actuality he wasn't within 2 ft of it!).  Luckily I can understand espanol and to be honest the excitement they lend to even the dullest games is a plus, but it is another $5 a month for me....as an added bonus the package on Cablevision includes GolTV so I might get to watch LiverpoolFC TV!  I am happy that US Reds without Setanta or access to a bar in the middle of the work day get to see LFC in action when ESPN decides to carry the match, but surely "the worldwide leader in sports" could do better than that imbecile.  I think I would even prefer Marcelo Balboa and that is something I never imagined I would say about anyone.

He also said that he believes Dirk Kuyt will never make it at Liverpool or in the Premier League.  Now sure Dirk has to prove himself but what is Smith actually basing that assessment on.

The man is a tool.  During the entire CL final he went on about how it was beyond Liverpool even at 3-2.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2006, 06:01:46 pm »
FYI: Our next three matches..Chelsea, Newcastle, Spurs are all on Setanta...

Offline BrooklynRed05

• Main Stander
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2006, 08:09:55 pm »
With a further few hours of reflection and a chance for my Tommie Smyth induced furor to die down, I withdraw my previous comments regarding Marcelo Balboa...he certainly is the worst announcer on the planet, I apologize to anyone who may have found my remarks offensive.

However, I still can't understand who at ESPN believes that Tommie Smyth should be covering the most important club football competition in the world.   :no
"It all comes down to how much motherfucking food you can put on the table"---Ice Cube

Offline bsb2002

• Main Stander
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2006, 08:35:57 pm »
FYI: Our next three matches..Chelsea, Newcastle, Spurs are all on Setanta...

uggh. it would be nice to get to watch a game without having to go to the bar at 7:30 in the morning

Offline jwbuonopane

• Kemlynite
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2006, 09:55:27 pm »

uggh. it would be nice to get to watch a game without having to go to the bar at 7:30 in the morning

I'm excited that Chelsea match is @8:30 & Newcastle @ 3:00..the OJ-->Beer segue is not recommended ;D
YNWA in Boston

Wii Console- 2566 8957 0733 7942

Offline redginge

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2006, 12:16:56 am »
does anyone know if any bars will be showing the chelsea match in las vegas ?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2006, 01:25:04 am »
He also said that he believes Dirk Kuyt will never make it at Liverpool or in the Premier League.  Now sure Dirk has to prove himself but what is Smith actually basing that assessment on.

Because he only started due to 6 players being punished for Saturday, of course. Weren't you paying attention to those pearls of wisdom? :)

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2006, 01:47:34 am »
i met a guy in the bar who works down at espn if he shows up again on sunday i'll ask him to have a word with mr.smythe! ;)

Offline BrooklynRed05

• Main Stander
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2006, 01:52:41 pm »
Attended my first morning match down at 11th Street on Saturday (couldn't have picked a worse result for my first Derby in that pub) and was watching with stomach churning amazement the number of people making the journey from OJ -->Beer  :-X

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2006, 05:55:38 pm »
I know this a long shot, but does anyone know where I can watch the Liverpool Chelsea match in Zion, IL?

Yes, Zion, IL

Going camping this weekend in Zion.

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2006, 06:14:19 pm »
I know this a long shot, but does anyone know where I can watch the Liverpool Chelsea match in Zion, IL?

Yes, Zion, IL

Going camping this weekend in Zion.

Go here:

http://www.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/page?open&systemtitle=nappvvenuefinderb

Click on Setanta channel..enter zip code 60099..a few places will pop up...30 miles away..:P

Oh and call first to verify they will be open for the 7:30am kickoff central time..

Offline hazzalfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2006, 06:53:05 pm »
Fado's in Chicago will show the game, not too far from Zion

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2006, 07:51:18 pm »
Coming down to Toronto to go watch the match at Scallywags. The place will be packed to the brim with Reds.  :D
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2006, 08:17:50 pm »
Fado's in Chicago will show the game, not too far from Zion
I'm from Chicago, but I don't want to roll all the way home while I'm out camping.  Thanks anyway.

Does anyone know of other Chicago pubs that record or replay matches?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:21:52 pm by Eric »

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2006, 09:27:27 pm »
I'm from Chicago, but I don't want to roll all the way home while I'm out camping.  Thanks anyway.

Does anyone know of other Chicago pubs that record or replay matches?
Do you have to watch it during the weekend?  If you've got GolTV, it'll be on 3:00pm (your time) Tuesday (9/19) during the weekly LFCTV broadcast...

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2006, 09:34:34 pm »

You lads have got it all wrong.

When the commentator for whom Smyth colours (colour? What colour does Smyth provide, boiled shite?) said he and the insufferable Tommy disagreed on Kuyt, I was on tenterhooks. Who was taking what side? Then it turns out it's Smyth that thinks Kuyt's going to be a failure in the Prem. This is the best news! Smyth has never been right on any prediction in his entire life. Can you not recall his half-time comments at Istanbul? He had Liverpool irrevocably, irretrievably, written off. "You don't come back against AC Milan," I think was his comment.
Many of the English commentators are poor - juvenile, ill-informed, unperceptive. But Smyth stands head and shoulders below the worst of them. He knows less about football than my arse does about snipe shooting.

Incidentally, if you caught his review of the Manure/Celtic game yesterday, you'd have had a laugh. I don't think he knew who Paul Scholes was. How that man keeps his job escapes me.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2006, 09:55:12 pm »
Not necessarily a fan of Smyth but I don't fault him one bit for thinking we were finished in Istanbul. Down 3-nil at halftime in a match which at that precise time was essentially men against boys. All the "Monday morning quarterbacks" after the match were saying that they just knew we'd rally and bring home the trophy! Well, I sure as hell didn't and neither did he. Still, I'd prefer someone else be given that gig although I consider Derek Rae a superb announcer. I sent him a brief email after Istanbul and he sent a very classy response. He's ok in my book!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:21:37 pm by ALPH1217 »

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2006, 09:56:02 pm »
Between Tommy Smyth, Bobby McMahon, Dave O'Brien, Marcelo Balboa, Rob Stone, and Shep Messing the US has everyone beat regarding the world's worst commentators.

Offline kopkev

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2006, 05:27:05 am »
on a slightly different topic and im not sure if it should be in this thread but here goes anyway, has anyone watched any games while in hawaii? i will be in lahaina,maui when the reds take on bolton on saturday 30th september and i think the kick off local time will be around 02:45, if i cant catch it live maybe i can watch a repeat of it later in the day. 

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2006, 06:26:39 am »
on a slightly different topic and im not sure if it should be in this thread but here goes anyway, has anyone watched any games while in hawaii? i will be in lahaina,maui when the reds take on bolton on saturday 30th september and i think the kick off local time will be around 02:45, if i cant catch it live maybe i can watch a repeat of it later in the day. 
Best I found:

Bar/Venue  Mulligans on the Blue 
 Address  100 Kaukahi St. Tkkihei 
 City  Maui, HI 96753 
 Phone  808-283-1131 
 Website  www.mulligansontheblue.com 
 Distance  19.37 miles (approx.) [map] 

Bar/Venue  Legends Sports Pub (HI) 
 Address  411 Nahua Street 
 City  Honolulu, HI 96815 
 Phone  808-922-7486 
 Distance  78.2 miles (approx.) [map] 

If you have a computer and net connection you can get any game on P2P

Offline rasher

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2006, 02:37:28 pm »
Best I found:

Bar/Venue  Mulligans on the Blue 
 Address  100 Kaukahi St. Tkkihei 
 City  Maui, HI 96753 
 Phone  808-283-1131 
 Website  www.mulligansontheblue.com 
 Distance  19.37 miles (approx.) [map] 

Bar/Venue  Legends Sports Pub (HI) 
 Address  411 Nahua Street 
 City  Honolulu, HI 96815 
 Phone  808-922-7486 
 Distance  78.2 miles (approx.) [map] 

legends is a grand little bar. never made it to mulligans on the blue as i was drinking up in the whalers village in Kaanapali beach. Because of the time difference i'd call the bar first cos i have a feeling it'll be on tape delay.