Author Topic: I came for the football...  (Read 10298 times)

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
I came for the football...
« on: August 23, 2013, 04:10:36 pm »
My writing generally comes from the heart, and what's in my heart right now is...

I came for the football. I was a young boy, seven years of age and falling in love with the game after watching Diego Maradona, Careca and Michael Laudrup, amongst others, doing their thing at Mexico ‘86. And with every other kid in my class, my school, my street supporting a club, I suppose I figured that I should too. Liverpool happened to be that club.

The first team I really remember comprised Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge, McMahon, Hansen, Gillespie, Houghton, and so on. You know the one. It was the team that annihilated Nottingham Forest 5-0 at Anfield one evening in a game that the legendary Tom Finney was moved to describe as “the finest exhibition I’ve seen the whole time I’ve played and watched the game” [for some context, there are two quotes attributed to Bill Shankly that sum up his feelings about Finney: “Tom Finney would have been great in any team, in any match and in any age…even if he had been wearing an overcoat” and (asked how one contemporary player compared to Finney) “Aye, he’s as good as Tommy – but then Tommy’s nearly 60 now”]. This was the same team that equalled the record for most games unbeaten from the start of a season, and which did so not merely through defensive strength but attacking majesty, scoring 87 goals across 40 games. The same team that warranted the entire 1987/88 Match of the Day ‘Goal of the Season’ competition for themselves. I still have that footage saved somewhere and I still can’t pick a top three, it’s utterly impossible – McMahon chasing a lost cause out to the touchline against Arsenal, a move that ended with a typical Aldridge finish from inside the six-yard box, or clipping the ball into the top corner against Manchester United with the outside of his boot; there was Nicol’s run down the wing and sublime chip at St. James’ Park against Newcastle; what about Barnes escaping from the corner against Forest, taking out about four players in one flowing, majestic run before squaring for Beardsley; there was Beardsley’s lofted pass from the halfway line earlier in the same game that sent Aldridge away for the opener; there was the magnificent volley from the little Geordie magician in front of the Kop in the Merseyside derby; oh, and of course that Barnes goal against QPR.

What a team, and what an introduction to the game for this young lad. This was like arriving into a restaurant for the first time and being served fillet steak, Cuban cigars and 100 year-old Scotch by a bevy of lingerie models, payment optional. I came for the football, and I got my fill of just about the best kind I could have ever hoped for. But that’s a long time ago now. These days I’m a man, 33 years old, and a lot has changed. I looked at the game back then with a kind of innocent, wide-eyed wonder that has evaporated almost entirely in the intervening years. It was naivety, in truth. Football, even the kind played by the likes of John Barnes and Peter Beardsley, seemed awfully similar to what I was doing with my friends in the street (and, in fact, I’m pretty sure that the green in front of my house had a better surface than Plough Lane ever did, dogshit and all). As I got older, however, I learned that football wasn’t just a game but a ‘sport,’ and with that came a certain amount of knowledge. Then that sport began to change in front of my eyes, and as time went by, there was less and less to like about it. If you had handed me a pen and paper back in 1987 and asked me to write out a list of what I loved and hated about football, the former would have outnumbered the latter by at least ten-to-one. These days, I wouldn’t even waste my time or yours. These days, when even the things I love about it seem to drive me towards hating them too, we’d probably both be fit to self-harm by the time I was done writing. Now, a lot of that might simply be down to the wisdom that comes with age, and maybe it was always like that to some extent. Yet so much has changed that it feels like I’m in an entirely different place now from where I started some 26 years ago, even though I never moved a muscle. I started off sitting in the living-room of a cosy little three-bed terraced house which, after years of refurbishments, extensions and alterations, has now become a towering ten-storey apartment block massed around me, and you know what? I fucking hate it, and I don’t even know why I’m still sat here.

Well, that’s a lie, actually. I do know why I’m still sat here, but sometimes I need to remind myself because it’s not something you can stick on your mantle, sit back and admire every day. It’s not something you can wear, or something you can reach out and touch, something you can take a snap of and then upload to your Facebook page; it’s not tangible, in other words, and so sometimes you forget. It’s even easier to do so now that football has become some kind of Vegas Strip where the senses are continuously being bombarded, where it’s so hard even to adjust your eyes to the glare of the bright lights and, once you have, all you see is a hundred colourful signs flashing hypnotically and directing you here, there and everywhere to empty your pockets. Luckily, it’s something that the moneymen and marketing experts of this world haven’t quite figured out how to slap a price tag on just yet, although we can be sure they have their best people working on it. It’s certainly been used to shift replica shirts and other assorted merchandise, hospitality packages, match tickets and God knows what else in the past, but it’s something that has yet to be packaged and put on a shelf in the conventional sense. And although it has taken heavy fire over the years and suffered quite a bit of damage along the way, it remains the one element of modern football that provides a connection to another time, that unites us with our dads and granddads, our uncles and granduncles, perhaps to those people who were present back in December 1959 when Glenbuck’s most famous son arrived at Anfield and changed everything forever, allowing someone like my younger self to discover and fall in love with this great club 28 years later even though I had never even set foot in the city of Liverpool.

Part of what I’m describing is obvious, and it’s something that every football supporter, regardless of affiliation, has shared for as long as they’ve been supporting their team. It’s imagination, a spark that sets the mundane afire; it’s inspiration, even as we struggle to pay our bills, raise our families and be a rock to the people we love, the seemingly routine but utterly essential shit we do every day of our lives. Back then, there was work and home for five or six days of the week, maybe even seven, then the release of football on a Saturday; these days we have different things to occupy us, other priorities, altered work patterns, and football can pop up on any day of the week at virtually any time of the day. The essentials, though, remain the same. It’s what has me salivating at the prospect of tomorrow’s game, at the prospect of couple of pints and watching my team hopefully make it back-to-back wins to start the season. How will they line up? Same as last week? How will we limit Benteke’s influence? Will Henderson start, or maybe Allen? What about Aspas? Will Mignolet still be as nervous under high balls as he started last week, or will those two saves from Walters and the one from Jones settle him down? And so on. It’s the kind of stuff supporters have been doing for years, and when you take away the bells and whistles, it’s still far and away the most exciting thing about football.

There is, however, something more fundamental and infinitely more important at play here for me that goes beyond mere football. Honestly, if it was still just about the football for me, I would have walked away a long time ago. The modern game is not who I am, but the club I started supporting 26 years ago, amazingly, still is. I’ve wondered about that plenty of times, believe me, but something has always drawn me close even as I contemplated pulling away. At the club’s lowest ebb, when RBS was knocking on the door, when Hicks in particular was trying feverishly to refinance his loans, when our best manager for a generation, one of us, had been allowed to walk alone out the door and be replaced by a man who was advertised as someone who would ‘steady the ship’ but instead seemed happy to merely maintain its course towards the rocks, it was the concerted, gutsy campaigns of the supporters that ended up saving the club. And when the new owners came in and remained aloof, essentially running the club from hundreds of miles away and dragging one of the biggest legends this club has ever seen halfway across the world to sack him, there was still the realisation of what the man represented and continues to represent, they could never take that away. And all the while, there was the Justice Campaign which finally bore fruit last year and threatens to bear even more in the near-future, the work of a group of courageous mothers and fathers (ably supported by the fans) who were put through Hell by the establishment and whose tireless work, 23 years after the fact, got an unequivocal apology out of a Conservative Prime Minister in front of the entire world. Even during six and a half years where the club had been sold into foreign hands and almost ceased to exist at one stage, there was still Rafael Benítez, Kenny Dalglish and Steven Gerrard; there was still Anne Williams and Margaret Aspinall; we still had inspiration coming out our ears. And there was still us.

We lose sight of the fact that this remains no mere club, that it represents something far more than just football. It’s so easy to forget when we’re sent scurrying in a million different directions by the loud, brash distractions of modern football, but football and football clubs can be sold, ideals and principles cannot. It’s why I’m happy to embrace the past, to celebrate the people who went before and the things they did and said, even at the risk of being labelled ‘sentimental’ by those who simply don’t get it. People either talk up the relevance of history or talk it down, depending on what point they want to make. I cherish it, not because Liverpool won more trophies in the past, but because history tells you who you are. One of the reasons we were all so lucky to be born or drawn to this particular club is that it already had a sense of itself that resonated with us. It’s a reflection of its city, and also of that man who arrived in 1959. We saw it when Rafa cried at the Hillsborough service, when Kenny greeted the players coming off the Anfield pitch after the League Cup semi-final against Manchester City with tears in his eyes; we saw it when Steven Gerrard refused Chelsea (twice) and when Simon Mignolet’s penalty save was greeted by a deafening, sustained roar last Saturday that seemed to just keep going and going. We see it time and time again. And I see it in our manager. It’s easy to laugh at the language he uses sometimes, but when he said things like “I grew up, not with a silver spoon, but with a silver shovel” and “we have a standard at Liverpool and I will fight for my life to retain it”, I thought “alright, Brendan, you’ll do for me, lad.”

Belief is a fragile and valuable thing, but somehow, after all these years, I’ve still got it. I believe in Brendan Rodgers and I believe in his team. I believe in hard work, respect, honesty, courage and, most of all, community. Some question whether we're getting any of that from the boardroom; I don't know, but I believe we'll get it from this manager and this team, regardless of trophies. And I believe in us. That’s why I’m still here; I came for the football, but I stayed for Liverpool F.C.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
Re: I came for the football...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »
An awesome post and a breath of fresh air compared to the dross that's been written in the transfer threads these past few days. Thanks.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »
Superbly written,42nd year of going to the game& after reading this can' t wait for the 9-58 train rhyl to Birmingham tomorrow,meeting up with all your mates,Macco,cider Paul,Wayne,sashi,walks,Ian,jack,Gav,Butty,John + loads more & by 5-30 tomorrow nite villa park will be bouncing,as you put half way through your fantastic post,There will always be us,We will always be there!!!!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »
Oh that's is a wonderful piece
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »
Fantastic.
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 04:55:16 pm »
That is an absolutely brilliant piece of writing and one which i'm certain will resonate with an awful lot of people.

Thank you for taking the time, mate.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 04:59:42 pm »
I think the O/P will speak to some more than others.

To some it will be great, it'll be just the thing they were looking for and it’ll fit like a glove. Make you feel good like a nice new shirt or a new jacket.

To others it may feel a little bit baggy, a bit 2nd hand and a bit, well, woolly jumper.

Nicely written though.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 05:00:21 pm »
Superb piece. Great.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 05:40:50 pm »
One of the best posts I have read on here. Not posted for ages, still lurk every day though.I just fucking lost interest in the shite people spout without knowing what supporting the club really means. You nailed it.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 06:35:06 pm »
You can write, son; don't ever stop. Great piece. YNWA
Justice For The 96

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 06:36:55 pm »
Hey man.
You're one of the best around here.
Keep writing.
:)

Offline U can call me Cookie

• Chocolate chip on my shoulder. Let's get ready to crumble!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 06:41:12 pm »
Brought a tear to my eye, that.
A lot can be said about Liverpool FC, but you can never say it's been boring. Its existence has birthed legends, and sooner or later these will fade into myths. There is reason Anfield is regarded as a temple of football; a legitimate pilgrimage. Supporting Liverpool is a religious experience. It is something to believe in.

This past decade has had its moments of darkness for me; moments when I felt so alone. This may sound strange, and a little pathetic, but for a few years it was my love of the club that sustained me. It gave me something to believe in, when there was little else left.

Then the club went through its own dark time, and that pulled me in closer. And still, it survived.
So while we, as football fans, have to contend with the rigors and realities of modern football, I hope it never reaches a point where I fall out of love with Liverpool.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 06:44:05 pm »
In amongst all the day-to-day club running / transfer related garbage thats posted on here their are some belter posts, of which this is one of the very best and not just of this year.

Well done.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »
Teared up at that. Brilliant piece. Thank you.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 06:59:37 pm »
Great stuff mate, even before this, Roy's & Fat Scousers Shankly related posts have made me think about jotting something down about my young days. Must do it soon.

Lovely read mate.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 07:05:29 pm »
Brilliant that E2K. Thanks for taking the time to post that mate. :)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:23 pm »
Belief is a fragile and valuable thing, but somehow, after all these years, I’ve still got it. I believe in Brendan Rodgers and I believe in his team. I believe in hard work, respect, honesty, courage and, most of all, community. Some question whether we're getting any of that from the boardroom; I don't know, but I believe we'll get it from this manager and this team, regardless of trophies. And I believe in us. That’s why I’m still here; I came for the football, but I stayed for Liverpool F.C.

:wellin

Brilliant piece of writing.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »
Great piece of writing. I enjoyed reading that.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 07:39:09 pm »
Boss.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 07:55:53 pm »
One of the best reads I've had on this site. That's saying something.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 08:28:13 pm »
I do so enjoy your writing. Fantastic stuff.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 08:29:12 pm »
Thank you. Absolutely superb.

You describe the feeling far better than I ever could but I know we are a special club and i'm so proud to be part of our 'community' every week.

That word 'belief' is the word that describes my feelings about us more than anything and its summed up perfectly here

Rafa made me believe and that is why I love him so much. In time, I think that Brendan will make us all believe again too.

YNWA

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 08:53:50 pm »
Stunning, thanks for that.

I'll echo the sentiments of those above saying that the moaners on the STFU board should have a read.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »
So did I.

I still do.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »
I saved this one for when the other half was taking the little one to bed. An excellent post as ever E2K

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 09:26:10 pm »
E2K

Thanks pal,

That's a boss read that

We Are Liverpool - Always Will Be

JFT96

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 09:37:28 pm »
Brilliant that mate.

Let's smash these Brummie c*nts!!

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 09:38:35 pm »
Superb E2K thanks for posting that
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 09:39:14 pm »
That is superb!

Thanks for posting!

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »
Awesome post, and sentimental doesn't come into it, if what has been achieved means nothing as soon as the next season starts then, ultimately, "what is the point?".  Obviously you don't want to rest on your laurels, you need to build on them but you simply have to cherish your history. 

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 02:33:43 am »
Great read as always E2K

I identified with almost every word

Top stuff
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 02:54:54 am »
“My writing generally comes from the heart, and what's in my heart right now is...”

Nice words from a RAWK writer/poster and a sentiment I happen share. This was intended to be part of a much larger original post from me. But this O/P didn’t speak to me like it seems to have spoken to those who left glowing, even teary eyed comments. To me that post left me feeling a bit pissed off, not because of the “I came for” aspect, but because of the “I contemplated pulling away” aspect, when all wasn’t rosy. Yes he went on to reconcile his doubts but it felt like someone telling me how he’d been in a confession box a few times or someone who felt the need to renew their vows. Well I’m not a religious man and I certainly don’t have any doubts over where my love and loyalties lie. But let me say this and let me be clear, this is not an attack on the poster E2K or those who left those glowing comments; this is a request to every red to back up those things you claim to hold so dear. There is no room for doubt. Your actions speak louder than words.

Fucking sign it http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline pudgethemidget

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 07:23:47 am »
If one of Gerrards trademark cannons could come in the form of a post, this would be it.

Fantastic read.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2013, 07:52:11 am »
Incredible. The Shankly personal memories thread and this has saved me from this site/football recently. Thankyou mate I loved it. I'm off to Birmingham to sing my heart out. The reds are coming up the hill.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 08:18:13 am »
I had forgotten all about that Liverpool goal of the season year. So much so that it was, almost, like hearing about it for the first time. Can you imagine if Sly Sports done that nowadays for the horrible mancs or Chelsea? - there really would be a RAWK meltdown then.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:22:58 am by goalrushatgoodison »
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 08:26:51 am »
Top notch, excellent. :scarf
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

royhendo

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2013, 08:49:25 am »
People who are members on here spend a lot of their time on other media slagging this site off.

They should be made to read everything you write, and then they should grow up.

Brilliant.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2013, 09:21:49 am »
Top quality post!

By miles the best I have ever read on this forum! Written from the heart!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2013, 09:44:40 am »
E2K you have captured your/our feelings perfectly.  I think we sometimes don't realize what our community, as you call it, has been through in recent years and how everything around the game is shifting with the Sky era, sugardaddy owners etc. You framed it for me with that post. 

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2013, 09:53:26 am »
People who are members on here spend a lot of their time on other media slagging this site off.

They should be made to read everything you write, and then they should grow up.

Brilliant.

They still wouldn't understand it Roy.
 This is a beautiful and insightful piece of text as always from such a brilliant writer, A good writer paints a picture for you, and E2K posts are akin to walking through an art gallery full of brilliant pictures.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway