Author Topic: Real Madrid (A)  (Read 122062 times)

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Re: Real Madrid (A)
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2008, 02:36:43 pm »
Just a bit of throw away advice to anyone staying close to metro stop on the light blue line - Check if your stop is under maintenance. I'd be amazed if there was still problems with it because this was back end of August, but I just thought I'd pass it on. There was no trains running inbetween Sol and Atocha, and seen as I was staying close to Anton Martin it was a bit of a pisser walking around with luggage, especially after a long day. They did have buses going between stops instead, but if your Spanish is as poor as mine it is a little confusing, so I thought I'd warn in advance even though it's unlikely to be affecting anyone now. I'd still ask your hotel/hostel when you book though, just to make sure they're not doing work when you're out there.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2008, 02:59:56 pm »
And people seem to think that glory-hunting Irish day-tripping whoppers are a new phenomenon ;)

;D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2008, 03:31:54 pm »
Just a bit of throw away advice to anyone staying close to metro stop on the light blue line - Check if your stop is under maintenance. I'd be amazed if there was still problems with it because this was back end of August, but I just thought I'd pass it on. There was no trains running inbetween Sol and Atocha, and seen as I was staying close to Anton Martin it was a bit of a pisser walking around with luggage, especially after a long day. They did have buses going between stops instead, but if your Spanish is as poor as mine it is a little confusing, so I thought I'd warn in advance even though it's unlikely to be affecting anyone now. I'd still ask your hotel/hostel when you book though, just to make sure they're not doing work when you're out there.

It was sound when we were there for Atleti mate, if I remember.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2008, 03:39:21 pm »
Just booked my hotel in Madrid for the night with two other Reds, one who is fluent in Spanish thank god. Here it is French or bust, never taken a Spanish class or anything like than so thank god my buddy will be able to help us out.

Fly in from Barca the morning of and leave the next afternoon. Was able to get it for 60 quid, which doesn't seem like the greatest deal but I dont give a fuck.

Cant fucking wait
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2008, 03:40:57 pm »
Friendship with Real? :o
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2008, 03:53:20 pm »
Monday to Friday. Its going to be epic.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2008, 04:01:20 pm »
Remember them well.

One of that lot gave me a ticket for Wembley 1978.  Sound fellas, will never forget how good they were to me.
HA! HA! I'm made up. That's them. I haven't seen them lads in years. I know a couple of names, but won't put them up. You never know, some people don't like their names bandied about. They were fucking sound lads them. fucking bunked everywhere in that rig out. Boss find that mate. It really made my day to see that pic.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline italian scouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2008, 04:03:29 pm »
I do
Train (AVE) www.renfe.es is fast (2.5h) but not cheap. Driving is 4-5 hours. Two airlines, Iberia and Spanair run an air-bridge "puente aereo" with flights leaving like buses every 15-30 minutes...
I don't think so, Iberia and also Spanair usually are more expansive then renfe.
remember that before you buy the ticket online cheaper it'll be.
Anyway the cheapest way for travel in spain is with bus ALSA
Oh... I am a Liverpudlian, I come from the Spion Kop
I like to sing, I like to shout I go there quite a lot (every week)
We are the team who plays in red
A team that we all know A team that we call Liverpool

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »
Fucking weird. That photie has got to be from the 81 European Cup Final when we beat Real - Barney Kennedy, fucking bang, 1 - 0.

It's got to be an omen. I just studied the picture. I actually know one of the lads. Shame they weren't all on it. There used to be about 6 of them and they were allright.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2008, 04:28:11 pm »
Monday to Friday. Its going to be epic.

Good lad. Going to be a beast this, up there with Atleti hopefully.

Since we're playing Real, you won't hear me telling youhow it's amazing two men can bring two clubs together through either their love or hatred of them. Fifty times.

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2008, 04:32:45 pm »
Good lad. Going to be a beast this, up there with Atleti hopefully.

Since we're playing Real, you won't hear me telling youhow it's amazing two men can bring two clubs together through either their love or hatred of them. Fifty times.

We take YNWA for granted too. Sure I heard that one ;)

Offline neilt

• Main Stander
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers...
    • MADrid REDS - Official LFC Branch in Madrid
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2008, 04:33:07 pm »
I doI don't think so, Iberia and also Spanair usually are more expansive then renfe.
remember that before you buy the ticket online cheaper it'll be.
Anyway the cheapest way for travel in spain is with bus ALSA

You don't think so ? Grazie mille pero, I live in Madrid amico! 

It's true though that there still some slower trains from Barcelona to Madrid (4-5 hours) that are cheaper than the Iberia & Spanair "Air Bridge" flights, but the new fast (2,15-2.45h) AVE service is about the same if not more than the flights. Personally I think the AVE is worth it for less stress and hassle than getting on another flight, but you're also correcto that the bus (6 hours) is another option.
www.MADridREDS.com
Nunca caminarás solo

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2008, 04:42:42 pm »
Don't know if this is of any use to anyone, but.... we got a flight from Girona (Just outside Barcelona) to Madrid on the day of the game and then back to Girona day after - 60 nicker.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2008, 04:51:24 pm »
Fucking weird. That photie has got to be from the 81 European Cup Final when we beat Real - Barney Kennedy, fucking bang, 1 - 0.

It's got to be an omen. I just studied the picture. I actually know one of the lads. Shame they weren't all on it. There used to be about 6 of them and they were allright.

It's my photo - and yes its from the 81 European cup Final - it was taken day of the match - what a laugh they were

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2008, 04:53:47 pm »
It's my photo - and yes its from the 81 European cup Final - it was taken day of the match - what a laugh they were
Nice one lad. It honestly made my day to see them lads. They were a sound little firm. Must all be in their 60's and 70's now. Hope their all well and still getting to the odd game.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2008, 04:58:19 pm »

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2008, 05:07:17 pm »
;)
I stand corrected. But you honestly have made my day there and I'll be pointing a few young bucks in the direction of that pic.
I never saw them at that game. Was in no state to see anyone.
I have a tale from that final that would probably get me barred off the internet never mind RAWK. It involved a tab of acid, losing all me clobber except a pair of shorts and trainees, and a ticket tout outside the ground. Happy days.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 05:30:00 pm by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2008, 07:13:04 pm »
http://www.interrailnet.com/

Is buying a youth one country 3 day one of these passes, then making a seat reservation for €10 worth it ?  Works out at about £80 all together from Barca to Madrid and back ? I've not been able to book with any of the airlines. They wont accept my card it seems.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2008, 07:24:59 pm »
Don't know if this is of any use to anyone, but.... we got a flight from Girona (Just outside Barcelona) to Madrid on the day of the game and then back to Girona day after - 60 nicker.

FS - What times are you flying?  I am gonna be on the one landing in Madrid at 3pm and going back to Barca at 8am the next day.

:wave

Offline Ste Gerrard 8

• Exchange Ban
  • Kopite
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2008, 07:32:12 pm »
http://www.interrailnet.com/

Is buying a youth one country 3 day one of these passes, then making a seat reservation for €10 worth it ?  Works out at about £80 all together from Barca to Madrid and back ? I've not been able to book with any of the airlines. They wont accept my card it seems.

thats a bit steep for us aint it, plus if its going to take us 3 hours on the train, we wont be there untill about 4.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 07:33:43 pm by Ste Gerrard 8 »
On April 15th '89
What should have been a joyous time
Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss
And all the Kopites want justice (JUSTICE!)

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2008, 08:01:01 pm »
I stand corrected. But you honestly have made my day there and I'll be pointing a few young bucks in the direction of that pic.
I have a tale from that final that would probably get me barred off the internet never mind RAWK. It involved a tab of acid, losing all me clobber except a pair of shorts and trainees, and a ticket tout outside the ground. Happy days.

Glad to have made your day - I am intrigued about your story though - do tell

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2008, 08:32:22 pm »
FS - What times are you flying?  I am gonna be on the one landing in Madrid at 3pm and going back to Barca at 8am the next day.

:wave
Same flight.
As for the story I'll save that for another time (When the statute of limitations has run out).

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:16 pm »
Just heard a little story that sums up the Liverpool spirit.
My partners ex in-laws who live in Liverpool who I knew before I knew her. Well they were given a mini cruise from Liverpool to dublin and cork as a present by their kids last November and they turned up at the dock but the ship never sailed cos of fog. Most of the passengers decided to go home, pissed off no doubt, but they stayed and spent the whole 5 days in the shittiest dock in Liverpool danced dined and drank and had a ball and never left the port.
They said they never enjoyed themselves so much even though they have  travelled all of europe on a Wallace Arnold coach for fourty years.
Wish I could turn adversity to such positive effect as them (They are in their late senties btw)

Thats what being scouse is about. We are top of the league and others boo
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2008, 09:55:36 pm »
Remember the tramps getting lashed into the fountains in Barca?
That was well out of order that. Poor fuckers. I didn't half feel sorry for them, but you know what... I have to admit it, I laughed like fuck even though it was dead aul arse.

in all fairness tho they walked away with a good wash and a load of tinnies that some of the lads gave to them in the end they were jumping in themselves, do you remember them pickin up all the coins of the floor that were being thrown
at them, ended up falling on me arse cos of all that water
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2008, 06:20:39 am »
Just heard a little story that sums up the Liverpool spirit.
My partners ex in-laws who live in Liverpool who I knew before I knew her. Well they were given a mini cruise from Liverpool to dublin and cork as a present by their kids last November and they turned up at the dock but the ship never sailed cos of fog. Most of the passengers decided to go home, pissed off no doubt, but they stayed and spent the whole 5 days in the shittiest dock in Liverpool danced dined and drank and had a ball and never left the port.
They said they never enjoyed themselves so much even though they have  travelled all of europe on a Wallace Arnold coach for fourty years.
Wish I could turn adversity to such positive effect as them (They are in their late senties btw)

Thats what being scouse is about. We are top of the league and others boo
That's nuts that. But I do remember one family that used to turn up at load of Euro aways in the 70's/80's. Full family - Granda and Nan, 2 Mam's 2 Dad's and a gang of kids, all the little ones in full Liverpool kits. They'd flock out in the square and have a little picnic, join in with the craic and everything. Talked to one of the Dad's once, said they didn't have holidays or go the pub that much. They all just chipped in what they could and then took off to the games. Don't want to put a damper on the thread, but have to say I never seen them again after Heysel.

Offline elsombreroman

• Now 18 but check his id anyway. Potential hacker. The new Ken Dodd.
  • Kopite
« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2008, 01:28:10 pm »

Didnt know they had acid in the olden days
You what lad?!

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2008, 04:47:11 pm »
Still aint booked. Whoops.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2008, 05:04:49 pm »
Didnt know they had acid in the olden days
No, sex and drugs and rock and roll.... of course it was all invented by this generation. And thank god, they was also there to put us right on what songs we can sing, what flags we can wave, and generally how to support the club.

Fuck only knows how we have muddled through since 1892.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2008, 06:29:41 pm »
No, sex and drugs and rock and roll.... of course it was all invented by this generation. And thank god, they was also there to put us right on what songs we can sing, what flags we can wave, and generally how to support the club.

:D

Offline elsombreroman

• Kopite
« Reply #189 on: December 25, 2008, 01:43:33 pm »

thats proper nostalgia my generation invented computers, the torres bounce and hydroponic skunk

merry crimbo everyone
You what lad?!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #190 on: December 25, 2008, 01:56:48 pm »
Your generation had nothing to do with inventing computers. You were in your nappies when computers were about. Considering i have an Associates degree in Computer science from 1970. :P

Booked into Madrid from Sunday to Friday.  :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 25, 2008, 02:05:06 pm »
my generation invented computers

You sure?

Offline diddyfaz-golborne

• Kopite
« Reply #192 on: December 25, 2008, 02:15:12 pm »
anyone flying to girona (lpl) on the monday for a 1 night stay & an early flight girona-madrid tues?

Offline Ste Gerrard 8

• Exchange Ban
  • Kopite
« Reply #193 on: December 25, 2008, 02:17:48 pm »
anyone going from liverpool to barca on the wednesday morning ?

then either flighing from barca to madrid or getting train ?

:)
On April 15th '89
What should have been a joyous time
Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss
And all the Kopites want justice (JUSTICE!)

Offline elsombreroman

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: December 25, 2008, 02:42:28 pm »
Your generation had nothing to do with inventing computers. You were in your nappies when computers were about. Considering i have an Associates degree in Computer science from 1970. :P

Booked into Madrid from Sunday to Friday.  :wave

an associates degree in 1970s pc tennis isnt computer science mate
You what lad?!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2008, 03:54:41 pm »
an associates degree in 1970s pc tennis isnt computer science mate

An automobile from 1908 is still transportation. Vehicles have improved since then. So has technology. Doesn't mean this generation "invented" computers.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2008, 06:59:26 pm »
Flying East mids to Barca on the Tuesday and staying the Tuesday night in Barcelona.
flying back from Barca on the Thursday. Just need to sort out travel between Barca and Madrid. flights cost £60 return.

11 of us on the flight and looking forward to Meeting a Barca fan who we have kept in touch with since we played them in 2005.

staying in same hotel as Athleti game, should be a good trip but going to concentrate on the league for now.

Offline elsombreroman

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: December 25, 2008, 07:10:44 pm »
An automobile from 1908 is still transportation. Vehicles have improved since then. So has technology. Doesn't mean this generation "invented" computers.

fucking hell

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEVgbfaPbA
You what lad?!

Offline Razor™

• Wellzy is a Taffy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2008, 07:30:29 pm »
All booked for the 'Aparthotel Quo Galeon' 500 meters from the ground. Flying from Heathrow To Madrid Tues morning and back on Thurs afternoon. ;D Will prob' have to get the metro to the Pre match action.
Liverpools where i belong, in my mersey paradise.
Guaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapa!!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2008, 09:03:29 am »
Flying East mids to Barca on the Tuesday and staying the Tuesday night in Barcelona.
flying back from Barca on the Thursday. Just need to sort out travel between Barca and Madrid. flights cost £60 return.

You'd best hurry up and book it mate. I know there's going to be loads going that way. I'm sort of going that way meself.
thats proper nostalgia my generation invented computers, the torres bounce and hydroponic skunk

He. He. He. Tell you what Lad, your generation didn't even invent the clothes and trabs that you insist everyone going on the Kop should wear.... even they are from the 70's and 80's. In fact, this generation's only contribution to Kop culture that I can think of is... Booing and singling out a player for the treatment. Now there's something that wasn't about in my day.