Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 164275 times)

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #1000 on: April 24, 2022, 10:35:07 am »
The £150 is my next month's bill, had been paying £96, glad I happened to check my Sky account upcoming bill before the new rate got charged! 

There's no way I'm paying £150 so am waiting on their Virtual Ass to reconnect me to an Actual Ass this morning so I can sort next month onwards at a exorbitant but less unpalatable rate.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: April 25, 2022, 12:17:12 am »
The £150 is my next month's bill, had been paying £96, glad I happened to check my Sky account upcoming bill before the new rate got charged! 

There's no way I'm paying £150 so am waiting on their Virtual Ass to reconnect me to an Actual Ass this morning so I can sort next month onwards at a exorbitant but less unpalatable rate.

Try just pressing 20202020202020202020202 (can be any number tbf),they think it;s an error and you get a real person
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1002 on: April 25, 2022, 12:08:17 pm »
From my experience with Sky last year I would guess you will likely have to actually start the cancellation process, and hopefully get a decent offer during the 1 month notice period

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1003 on: April 25, 2022, 07:02:39 pm »
From my experience with Sky last year I would guess you will likely have to actually start the cancellation process, and hopefully get a decent offer during the 1 month notice period
I didn’t have to go as far as cancelling, but you do need to get out through to cancellations. I did this by saying that BT we’re offering a better or similar package for around £100-105 (which they were), and when the first operator couldn’t match it they put me through to cancellations. I’ve found they usually then offer something a lot better without actually getting to the cancellation process
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: April 26, 2022, 02:39:53 pm »
I didn’t have to go as far as cancelling, but you do need to get out through to cancellations. I did this by saying that BT we’re offering a better or similar package for around £100-105 (which they were), and when the first operator couldn’t match it they put me through to cancellations. I’ve found they usually then offer something a lot better without actually getting to the cancellation process

Maybe changed since last year but last year they offered me relatively little pre cancellation, I think it was about an £85 contract only offered about £75 or so pre cancellation going in, after a lot of toing and froing post cancellation notice, eventually got down to £50, although it took a lot of installments to get there!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: April 26, 2022, 02:45:19 pm »
Maybe changed since last year but last year they offered me relatively little pre cancellation, I think it was about an £85 contract only offered about £75 or so pre cancellation going in, after a lot of toing and froing post cancellation notice, eventually got down to £50, although it took a lot of installments to get there!

You defintely get the best deal once you have signed up to another provider,they take over the process and contact your current one (sky in this case).

Sky would then phone up to try and retain you,then you lie about the deal you have signed up for.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1006 on: April 26, 2022, 02:49:15 pm »

I went through the cancellation process and then 2 weeks later an offer appeared in my sky account, which was better than anything that I was offered over the phone.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: May 5, 2022, 12:06:38 pm »
I’ve had a huge bill increase so called. I’ve transferred to sky glass but I’m now finding that there’s likely to be a delay to live sport. How bad is the delay??

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: May 5, 2022, 12:18:36 pm »
I’ve had a huge bill increase so called. I’ve transferred to sky glass but I’m now finding that there’s likely to be a delay to live sport. How bad is the delay??

About 1-2 minutes according to users on the Sky community forums.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: May 5, 2022, 01:15:27 pm »
About 1-2 minutes according to users on the Sky community forums.
Thanks. I think I’ll be using the cooling off period as it’s be way behind flash scores or any online betting sites

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1010 on: May 6, 2022, 09:08:40 am »
Honestly don't see the point in Sky Glass. What niche is it filling?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: May 6, 2022, 11:56:24 am »
Honestly don't see the point in Sky Glass. What niche is it filling?

Flats or houses where you can't put a dish up. Also, loads of people have their tvs on the wall these days. Some will like the idea of not having to have a separate sky box connected to the tv that they have to hide somewhere else.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: May 6, 2022, 12:41:04 pm »
Thanks. I think I’ll be using the cooling off period as it’s be way behind flash scores or any online betting sites

This is sole reason I got Sky installed. I only used IPTV and it was always at best 30-40 seconds behind live action. 1 or 2 betting sites left certain things up for 15-20 seconds after they had happened, x player to get booked or x player to have a shot on target for example, but I was always too slow to get on them. About a week or so after I got it installed, the betting sites sorted it out and had the markets suspended instantly  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: June 6, 2022, 09:54:12 pm »
Hey Duvva, thanks for posting this info.  Can I ask, does your package include Cinema?  I'm haggling with Sky at the moment as they want to put my package up to £150 - want to make sure I'm comparing apples with apples!

So, after haggling with Sky I ended up adding BT Sports, losing Sky Cinema at a reluctantly agreed £114.

Package :
Signature
Sky Sports
BT Sports
Multiroom
Netflix
Broadband & boost (50 - 70 mbps package)
HD & UHD

After getting through to end of season and last day of our cooling off period for agreeing the above deal I rang again to cancel - £114 just feels fucking extortionate.

Got on to Virgin.  Added Sky Cinema back on, keeping all the other stuff AND upgraded my broadband to 350mbps deal - £79.  Sky can go fuck themselves.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2022, 10:48:57 pm by BOBSCOUSE »
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1014 on: June 8, 2022, 12:13:22 am »
So, after haggling with Sky I ended up adding BT Sports, losing Sky Cinema at a reluctantly agreed £114.

Package :
Signature
Sky Sports
BT Sports
Multiroom
Netflix
Broadband & boost (50 - 70 mbps package)
HD & UHD

After getting through to end of season and last day of our cooling off period for agreeing the above deal I rang again to cancel - £114 just feels fucking extortionate.

Got on to Virgin.  Added Sky Cinema back on, keeping all the other stuff AND upgraded my broadband to 350mbps deal - £79.  Sky can go fuck themselves.
Very decent price that. Unfortunately Virgin not available where I live. Out of interest though which channels do they offer in UHD?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: June 8, 2022, 07:11:41 am »
Very decent price that. Unfortunately Virgin not available where I live. Out of interest though which channels do they offer in UHD?

BT Sport
Some Sky on-demand stuff - Movies, Documentaries etc.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1016 on: June 8, 2022, 11:22:40 am »
These dickheads are getting harder and harder to contact, website sends you in circles and 30 min waits at the moment on the landline :/

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: June 10, 2022, 07:45:46 pm »
Not as big a jump as you guys, but gone from £73.50 to £87.50.

Increases in the Signature package (£6), Ultimate TV (£1), Sky Kids (£3.50), HD (£1), and the broadband (£2.50).

When you see what they offer the new customers, no wonder you feel like you're constantly getting mugged off.  Definitely shopping around now.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #1018 on: June 10, 2022, 08:30:42 pm »
My package was about to hit £174 (80meg BB and all channels plus a multiroom Netflix Disney for the the grandson)  Rang them and after being nice to the guy on the phone and quoting a near doubling of Energy bills i settled for 900Meg BB and kept everything for £136. The pole that they needed to run FTTP was unsafe to climb they couldn't get a cherry picker and it took a month to sort. Never lost connection and unsolicited got an email saying they where crediting something like 130quid as "auto compensation"
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1019 on: June 13, 2022, 02:06:45 pm »

Increases in the Signature package (£6), Ultimate TV (£1), Sky Kids (£3.50), HD (£1), and the broadband (£2.50).

When you see what they offer the new customers, no wonder you feel like you're constantly getting mugged off.  Definitely shopping around now.

Cancel in your name & set up a new order in your partners name.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1020 on: June 30, 2022, 04:45:43 pm »
These dickheads are getting harder and harder to contact, website sends you in circles and 30 min waits at the moment on the landline :/

Just had this myself, hour wait on live chat, 25 mins on phone. I'm cancelling this today, the cost vs service provided now is obscene.

Best part is, if you suggest you're actually trying to add packages, they answer within about 30 seconds.

I've previously been a massive fan of sky, their product is market leading & their customer service used to be pretty good too. The product is still great but the customer service and cost are beyond what I can justify now.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: July 1, 2022, 08:54:54 am »

Down to £60 now.  Feel like it could have been lower still, with no sports or movies, and basic broadband, but generally they do a good service for us, and the fella at the end of the line seemed decent too.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #1022 on: July 1, 2022, 06:13:31 pm »
Cancel in your name & set up a new order in your partners name.

Pretty sure you can't do that anymore - or at least not within a year of cancelling  ???

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: July 4, 2022, 05:19:15 pm »
Agreed On a new 18 month deal last august for £58 for pretty much everything except BT , then noticed before they’ve been taking £63 for a few months , just called and must admit got through straight away to be told its inflation and it says in the T&C they can put it up by up to 10% .

Said no one actually reads terms and conditions and it’s a smokescreen they use instead of emailing explaining why the rise is taking place , also said I thought a contract was fixed and im sure if inflation went negative they wouldn’t reduce . Got through to some phone who thanked me for my five year loyalty and then knocked it back to what it was .

Only a fiver a month but it’s £60 a year and a fifteen minute call was worth it to save that .

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: July 4, 2022, 05:47:06 pm »
Agreed On a new 18 month deal last august for £58 for pretty much everything except BT , then noticed before they’ve been taking £63 for a few months , just called and must admit got through straight away to be told its inflation and it says in the T&C they can put it up by up to 10% .

Said no one actually reads terms and conditions and it’s a smokescreen they use instead of emailing explaining why the rise is taking place , also said I thought a contract was fixed and im sure if inflation went negative they wouldn’t reduce . Got through to some phone who thanked me for my five year loyalty and then knocked it back to what it was .

Only a fiver a month but it’s £60 a year and a fifteen minute call was worth it to save that .
We just found out they've been charging us £4 pounds extra a month the last 3 months when we still have around 7-8 months left on a price freeze 18 month contract.

Shady AF, was supposed to ring them last week but never got round to it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1025 on: July 4, 2022, 06:50:15 pm »
Can anyone help me with this issue here. So I have sky Q and a mini box and ever since I switched the mini box on, every single day I’m getting disconnected from the internet and having to connect each and every day.

Spoke to someone at sky there who said they’re sending out an engineer and I said to her, if you can’t fix this issue, can I leave and go with virgin who would be able to provide me this service and she said no you would only be able to get out the miltiroom contract. Surely if they’re not providing me with a service I signed up for then I should be able to leave with no early fee costs?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: July 4, 2022, 07:06:27 pm »
Can anyone help me with this issue here. So I have sky Q and a mini box and ever since I switched the mini box on, every single day I’m getting disconnected from the internet and having to connect each and every day.

Spoke to someone at sky there who said they’re sending out an engineer and I said to her, if you can’t fix this issue, can I leave and go with virgin who would be able to provide me this service and she said no you would only be able to get out the miltiroom contract. Surely if they’re not providing me with a service I signed up for then I should be able to leave with no early fee costs?

Ask them to provide a booster for the internet , when my Q was Installed and had a similar issue , they said it was because the signal from the moan box was going through solid walls . I’m with virgin for broadband so the sky engineer put a small booster box next to the router and have not really had any issues in five years

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #1027 on: July 4, 2022, 07:28:53 pm »

Do you have some other kind of MESH system / wifi extenders in your house ?

By default, the main Sky Q box and mini box(es) form their own MESH system which is known to interfere with other WiFi extenders / MESH systems. To fix it you need to either get rid of the existing WiFi extenders / MESH or turn the WiFi off on the Sky boxes and hard wire them to your network instead

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: July 4, 2022, 08:30:38 pm »
By default, the main Sky Q box and mini box(es) form their own MESH system which is known to interfere with other WiFi extenders / MESH systems. To fix it you need to either get rid of the existing WiFi extenders / MESH or turn the WiFi off on the Sky boxes and hard wire them to your network instead

Unless it’s changed in the last few years, the Sky Q mesh is only on the 5GHz band, so via the engineer menu on each box just turn off the 5GHz WiFi leaving the 2.4GHz on which will kill the useless mesh but still allow the Sky Q Mini box to connect via WiFi.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: July 26, 2022, 04:50:25 pm »
I rally don't get the impression they are remotely as open to haggling as they used to be, we will see if that changes as I work through my 1 month cancellation period.

To be honest I don't watch that much anyway so if I end up having to cancel its not the end of the world

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1030 on: July 26, 2022, 09:24:17 pm »
Just plucked for the Glass with three months free of the Signature package - just got to get rid of the old telly - full of black lines across the TV - thought fuck it.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: July 26, 2022, 09:37:06 pm »
Just plucked for the Glass with three months free of the Signature package - just got to get rid of the old telly - full of black lines across the TV - thought fuck it.

Have you added LFCTV ?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: July 26, 2022, 09:38:28 pm »
I rally don't get the impression they are remotely as open to haggling as they used to be, we will see if that changes as I work through my 1 month cancellation period.

To be honest I don't watch that much anyway so if I end up having to cancel its not the end of the world

Sign up for talktalk & they will contact Sky,that's when Sky will fight to keep you.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1033 on: July 26, 2022, 10:22:21 pm »
Have you added LFCTV ?

Never had it - when I moved from my old place to my current place, I could only watch Sky via my xbox, so this is a (touchwood) decent upgrade.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: July 26, 2022, 10:40:37 pm »
Never had it - when I moved from my old place to my current place, I could only watch Sky via my xbox, so this is a (touchwood) decent upgrade.

Ch455 & you can sign up from there (I think).

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: July 27, 2022, 08:30:54 am »

They'll discount LFCTV to £4 if you want to keep it, they've done it for me for years.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: July 27, 2022, 12:34:20 pm »
Sign up for talktalk & they will contact Sky,that's when Sky will fight to keep you.

Actually got the callback yesterday and was offered pretty much what I had previously, probably helps that I have broadband with Virgin so that is an option for TV as well.

Years ago I did go through with the cancellation for a few months until they offered me a ridiculous deal to get me to come back, so maybe that helps
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 02:55:01 pm by filopastry »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1037 on: August 4, 2022, 10:49:39 am »

Yeah I get this impression too. Was hoping I could get a couple of quid off a sports (football) subscription but they wouldn't budge.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #1038 on: August 7, 2022, 06:09:30 pm »
I use skygo for the footy and connect to my tv with hdmi. Worked fine last season but now the picture is really juddery. It’s fine on the laptop but just goes that way when connected to the tv.

I get that they’d want to discourage people sharing logins but is there any technical workaround that anyone’s aware of?
Believer

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: August 7, 2022, 07:52:40 pm »
I use skygo for the footy and connect to my tv with hdmi. Worked fine last season but now the picture is really juddery. It’s fine on the laptop but just goes that way when connected to the tv.

I get that they’d want to discourage people sharing logins but is there any technical workaround that anyone’s aware of?

Never used Skygo but have you checked player setting (if there's such a thing)