Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 779455 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #2800 on: March 13, 2019, 10:01:39 pm »
Bit harsh with the stupid remarks ? Heat of the moment, pumping at the result, its easy to do something rash especially when he's never been there before.
Best left back anywhere, made a mistake. That's all. I won't dent our confidence of who's up next one wee bit

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2801 on: March 13, 2019, 10:05:13 pm »
It wasn’t that long ago  our left back was being called brain dead or stupid for another missed tackle, another penalty conceded, tackling with the back of his foot or getting caught 10 yards out of position.

I can kinda forgive Robertson for getting a yellow card that means he misses a Champions League quarter final or the odd loss of cencentration.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2802 on: March 13, 2019, 10:06:27 pm »
Some stupid posts here.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2803 on: March 13, 2019, 10:08:07 pm »
Silly from him at the end, shows how important he is to us that it's such a blow to lose him for the first leg.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2804 on: March 13, 2019, 10:10:21 pm »
Milner at LB for 1 game. Not ideal, not the end of the world.
I don't know mate, Milner was pretty darn poor in his couple of recent games as RB.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: March 13, 2019, 10:18:45 pm »
I don't know mate, Milner was pretty darn poor in his couple of recent games as RB.

I'd play Moreno, obviously I rate him more than most on here. Wouldn't want to put him in cold though, he needs minutes in the league first which could be tricky
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #2806 on: March 13, 2019, 10:19:27 pm »
I'll be hoping for an away leg first so at least the replacement left-back, who will most likely be Milner, won't be asked to do too much going forwards. Having him back for the home leg would be great.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #2807 on: March 13, 2019, 10:21:07 pm »
Gotta love his elite mentality at times. We beat Bayern away to go through and Robbo's still cursing his booking haha! Big Virge asked him "What the fuck you doing?" when he was walking away from our fans with a face like a slapped arse.

Love this lad. Gnabry seems to be his Kryptonite but he doesn't have to worry about him anymore!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #2808 on: March 13, 2019, 10:22:26 pm »
See Milner in the interview thinking fuck me I'm playing left back in the next round...
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2809 on: March 13, 2019, 10:28:10 pm »
Pretty brain-dead decision by him, 92nd minute, up by two goals totally needless.

Depending on who we are up against, we'll see how stupid this mistake was from him. I love the lad but poor poor decision by him

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2810 on: March 13, 2019, 10:28:56 pm »
In hindsight he should have been taken off and moved Milner to left back for the last 5 mins

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: March 13, 2019, 10:29:26 pm »
Pretty brain-dead decision by him, 92nd minute, up by two goals totally needless.

Depending on who we are up against, we'll see how stupid this mistake was from him. I love the lad but poor poor decision by him

Had a poor game by his standards overall I think. Milner actually played at LB more than he did in the 2nd half anyway. I think Milner will come in for the next match.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: March 13, 2019, 10:30:11 pm »
If anything he could do with a rest. He will get an enforced one now.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2813 on: March 13, 2019, 10:32:47 pm »
Look at the positive:
He gets a rest, fresher for the league.

Meanwhile, we may instead end up with Lallana or Keita or Shakiri in the centre when Milner is moved to left back... which may bring a totally different dimension to our play.

Team!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2814 on: March 13, 2019, 10:37:01 pm »
Another reason we shouldn't have loaned Clyne, who can cover at LB and I'd think everyone would agree is a better option to both Moreno and Milner at LB.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2815 on: March 13, 2019, 10:43:52 pm »
Another reason we shouldn't have loaned Clyne, who can cover at LB and I'd think everyone would agree is a better option to both Moreno and Milner at LB.
Oh no. Not this again...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: March 13, 2019, 10:51:54 pm »
Gutted for Andy. Not his best night for a couple of obvious reasons but as usual worked his absolute arse off.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: March 13, 2019, 10:55:39 pm »
Had a poor game by his standards overall I think. Milner actually played at LB more than he did in the 2nd half anyway. I think Milner will come in for the next match.

More than likely but if we're up against Messi for instance i hope to fuck not

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:10 am »

Perhaps.
He did what he's been taught to do, they will not pass.
We've cried out for that for years, decades.
Doesn't matter what the score is, attitude isn't something you switch on and off.
He was tired maybe, caught out finally, we're winning. You really want him to let the guy go. He made the decision. That's what we want our players to do. And he stopped a run on our goal. That's what we want our players to do. Always.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2819 on: March 14, 2019, 12:11:47 am »

Milner's a much better left back than right back, though, certainly in possession.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #2820 on: March 14, 2019, 12:20:09 am »
I'd think everyone would agree is a better option to both Moreno and Milner at LB.

Not Klopp apparently, who cares what he thinks though.

Robinson played well, and there´s always the risk of mistiming a tackle and getting a yellow no matter if the game ´s won or not.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:21:40 am by Bjornar »

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2821 on: March 14, 2019, 12:42:40 am »
If Gomez is back, then maybe TAA on the left?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: March 14, 2019, 02:28:17 am »

God, no. Gomez on the left would be better (though still far from ideal).

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2823 on: March 14, 2019, 03:06:26 am »
Milner at LB for 1 game. Not ideal, not the end of the world.

Against dross maybe. But in a quarter final of the CL we are going to need legs. And an attacking leftback.

Imagine if Milner had played last night at leftback. Hell, Robbo was having trouble.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2824 on: March 14, 2019, 03:07:47 am »
Fuckin moan moan moan...

Enjoy the win you miserable twats.  :wave

This.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: March 14, 2019, 03:08:40 am »
Do people berating him see his face at full time? It was like we lost the tie. He hates what he did more than anybody else. He's had a great season, I'll cut him some slack for this.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: March 14, 2019, 03:11:29 am »
In hindsight he should have been taken off and moved Milner to left back for the last 5 mins

Were you actually hoping for that in the 88th minute? You're the red nostradamus. :)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: March 14, 2019, 03:14:48 am »

No. Not everyone wpuld agree. He is a blunt instrument in attack on the right. That's why Klopp let him go. On the left he'd be even worse.

When gave ypu seen him play well on the left? Pallace?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: March 14, 2019, 03:19:09 am »

WTF?

Some of the posts in here. ..

Klopp will pick who he wants and i'm cool with that. But I hope it is Moreno and that he announces it early so everybody gets a chance to soil their boxers in a panic. :)

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #2829 on: March 14, 2019, 05:44:37 am »
Unpopular opinion but Robbo's felt a bit burned out since the turn of the year. He's not nearly at his best and some of that just has to be the number of games he's played. His work rate is still top notch but his actual output hasn't quite hit the mark for a while. I wish we'd had the luxury to give him a breather once in a while and even though the Champions League QF is probably an awful time for that, it might just be helpful for the lad.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2830 on: March 14, 2019, 06:45:56 am »

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2831 on: March 14, 2019, 08:01:16 am »
Unpopular opinion but Robbo's felt a bit burned out since the turn of the year. He's not nearly at his best and some of that just has to be the number of games he's played. His work rate is still top notch but his actual output hasn't quite hit the mark for a while. I wish we'd had the luxury to give him a breather once in a while and even though the Champions League QF is probably an awful time for that, it might just be helpful for the lad.
I agree with this.
May just about be a blessing in disguise.

....maybe just a case of er...the opposite of sour grapes+

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: March 14, 2019, 08:52:20 am »
Agreed, and maybe it is his work rate that has caused this little dip in his high standards. He just puts 110% to everything he does, goes at full throttle no matter who he's playing against. Too bad we don't seem to have any decent back-up to him against the "lesser" teams of the world. Or PL, rather. 
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2833 on: March 14, 2019, 08:54:45 am »
I agree with this.
May just about be a blessing in disguise.

....maybe just a case of er...the opposite of sour grapes+

Sweet grapes?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2834 on: March 14, 2019, 09:03:24 am »
Blessing in disguise. Looks knackered.
It will be Milner or Gomez. I very much doubt we see Moreno again in a red shirt, he's not even making the bench these days.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: March 14, 2019, 09:13:04 am »
Agreed, and maybe it is his work rate that has caused this little dip in his high standards. He just puts 110% to everything he does, goes at full throttle no matter who he's playing against. Too bad we don't seem to have any decent back-up to him against the "lesser" teams of the world. Or PL, rather. 

Klopp doesn't seem to give players a rest against "lesser" clubs. Hell, Gini is playing injured and starts every match.

We do play Fulham next. If there is a club that could be characterised as "lesser" it would be them. Let's see.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2836 on: March 14, 2019, 09:43:16 am »
It will be Milner or Gomez. I very much doubt we see Moreno again in a red shirt, he's not even making the bench these days.

Moreno is not match fit / sharp and I would be surprised if he is considered. On the bench at best. Gomez will need time to get back up to speed. You can cite Matip as an example of a player whose performances get better week by week merely because he is getting game time. I think it is likely to be Milner who steps in.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: March 14, 2019, 09:48:13 am »
I bet Milner will play there. Such a shame as it will bring down that the attacks from that side. But overall Milner will put in a decent defensive option.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2838 on: March 14, 2019, 11:18:44 am »

Agree, thought his positioning was questionable a few times with the ball over his head especially with their goal and the only dangerous situation they had in the second half.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2839 on: March 14, 2019, 11:40:48 am »

Would be very surprising, Moreno is done here. Wouldn’t really want him in a big game (and they’re all big)

I guess he could replace Robertson by running a note to the referee to say we forfeit?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.