Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread 2018/19  (Read 85455 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Skybet Championship Thread 2018/19
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2019, 12:19:14 pm »
I don't get why people are calling for a points deduction. I would be fuming if a Liverpool fan did that and the Club on the field that was punished for it. I get that the blame lies with the Club because of security, but if someone wants to get on the pitch they are likely to get on the pitch at any ground.

Jail the guy and fine the Club, or make them play matches behind closed doors, but don't punish the players and the other fans because to them the points are all that really matters.

Maybe if it happens more than once...

Because you need a big enough deterrent to keep people off the pitch and doing what he did.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2019, 12:21:51 pm »
I don't get why people are calling for a points deduction. I would be fuming if a Liverpool fan did that and the Club on the field that was punished for it. I get that the blame lies with the Club because of security, but if someone wants to get on the pitch they are likely to get on the pitch at any ground.

Jail the guy and fine the Club, or make them play matches behind closed doors, but don't punish the players and the other fans because to them the points are all that really matters.

If they do that, first thing I’m doing is splashing out £5 on a ticket to a city match. Could wait until their derby and give Herrera the clip round the ear he should have got when he was a kid. Two awful birds with one stone!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #602 on: March 11, 2019, 12:25:25 pm »
Because you need a big enough deterrent to keep people off the pitch and doing what he did.

Which is fine if it happens on multiple occasions, or even if it was set in stone beforehand that a points deduction is what will be the consequence, but I just don't think you can turnaround and give Birmingham a points deduction now because of the actions of one idiot. As it happens it wouldn't really affect Bimingham because they are as mid-table as can be, but imagine if a deduction was the difference between promotion and not going up, or relegation and staying up. Huge long-term consequences for the Club and its many fans all because of one random dude.

Would you honestly accept a points deduction if it was a Liverpool fan doing that in yesterdays match?

And as for deterrents go, jail, the loss of a job and a personal fine should be enough. Just obviously not for this moron.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:29:30 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: March 11, 2019, 12:34:42 pm »
I don't get why people are calling for a points deduction. I would be fuming if a Liverpool fan did that and the Club on the field was punished for it. I get that the blame lies with the Club because of security, but if someone wants to get on the pitch they are likely to get on the pitch at any ground.

It wasn't the actions of just one idiot though mate. He was overwhelmingly cheered and applauded off the pitch.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: March 11, 2019, 12:36:08 pm »
I don't get why people are calling for a points deduction. I would be fuming if a Liverpool fan did that and the Club on the field was punished for it. I get that the blame lies with the Club because of security, but if someone wants to get on the pitch they are likely to get on the pitch at any ground.

Yeah, this is bringing out the absolute morons and their "opinions". Like this twat :

Former Wales international David Cotterill says he wants to see armed police officers helping stewards after the Jack Grealish incident.

“It’s a disgrace; very dangerous for the players because the pitch invader could have had a weapon or anything really, we need to stamp down on this as soon as possible,” he told BBC Radio Wales.

“The guy who ran on the pitch has gone there to cause havoc, not watch the football.

“We need more security. I am not condoning guns at games but if the police are going to be armed, I think that is the way forward.

“It needs to be top-end stuff, the players need protecting more than anything else.

“Otherwise we are heading back to where we were years ago with giant fences… and that isn’t good for anyone who wants to enjoy the game.”

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #605 on: March 11, 2019, 12:38:22 pm »
Yeah, this is bringing out the absolute morons and their "opinions". Like this twat :

Former Wales international David Cotterill says he wants to see armed police officers helping stewards after the Jack Grealish incident.

“It’s a disgrace; very dangerous for the players because the pitch invader could have had a weapon or anything really, we need to stamp down on this as soon as possible,” he told BBC Radio Wales.

“The guy who ran on the pitch has gone there to cause havoc, not watch the football.

“We need more security. I am not condoning guns at games but if the police are going to be armed, I think that is the way forward.

“It needs to be top-end stuff, the players need protecting more than anything else.

“Otherwise we are heading back to where we were years ago with giant fences… and that isn’t good for anyone who wants to enjoy the game.”

Fucking hell!

“We need more security. I am not condoning guns at games but if the police are going to be armed, I think that is the way forward."

Soooo, you are condoning guns then really. aren't you? :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #606 on: March 11, 2019, 01:03:26 pm »
Problem with docking points, it's a slippery slope then, you'd get Everton fans masquerading as Liverpool fans, going to our matches, intent on causing mayhem like, invading the pitch attacking players, so we then have points docked, why points deductions haven't been brought in for crowd/spectator incidents.
#Sausages

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: March 11, 2019, 01:19:33 pm »
Going to prison ain't enough?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: March 11, 2019, 01:29:04 pm »
Going to prison ain't enough?

Evidently not. If it was he wouldn't be on the pitch no?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: March 11, 2019, 01:46:00 pm »
It wasn't the actions of just one idiot though mate. He was overwhelmingly cheered and applauded off the pitch.

I don't think you can compare fans cheering at something to the guy running onto the pitch, they're not hurting anyone they just have strange morals.

That's the whole point though. Jail is enough to deter 99.9999999% of fans doing what happened yesterday. For the remaining 0.0000001%, nothing is going to stop them. That doesn't mean the Club as a whole should be punished in the worst possible way.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:48:28 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #610 on: March 11, 2019, 01:51:04 pm »

What does that say about prison for more serious criminals so? Some people will always do idiotic things no matter the punishment. As has been alluded to already points deductions are crazy, you'd have opposition fans masquerading as Liverpool fans or vice versa given an incentive to run on to the pitch.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: March 11, 2019, 02:00:25 pm »

I guess nobody has ever accused him of being the smartest fella in the stadium.

As for punishment,not sure myself,fine,lifetime ban and he will obviously lose his job but he should only get jail if he has a history of breaking the law,any judge will have to stick to the guidelines.

Any of you know what he will be charged with and what the max penalty is ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: March 11, 2019, 02:17:36 pm »

I guess nobody has ever accused him of being the smartest fella in the stadium.

As for punishment,not sure myself,fine,lifetime ban and he will obviously lose his job but he should only get jail if he has a history of breaking the law,any judge will have to stick to the guidelines.

Any of you know what he will be charged with and what the max penalty is ?

It's premeditated assault, of course he's going to jail.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: March 11, 2019, 03:04:12 pm »
Cops with guns at the match to keep a few simpletons in check.

Laughable.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: March 11, 2019, 03:10:01 pm »
He's actually a male nurse this fella. Got kids as well. They'll be so proud when they see daddy sat at home on the dole because of this.
Please show me where it says he's a Nurse.

I've just read that Paul Mitchell, of Cock Hill Lane, Rubery, Worcestershire aged 27 works in a Pub.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #615 on: March 11, 2019, 03:11:47 pm »
Please show me where it says he's a Nurse.

I've just read that Paul Mitchell, of Cock Hill Lane, Rubery, Worcestershire aged 27 works in a Pub.

Off to the ‘hospital’ again Solomon?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #616 on: March 11, 2019, 03:12:11 pm »
Problem with docking points, it's a slippery slope then, you'd get Everton fans masquerading as Liverpool fans, going to our matches, intent on causing mayhem like, invading the pitch attacking players, so we then have points docked, why points deductions haven't been brought in for crowd/spectator incidents.

How would they get the tickets if we can't?
Legacy fan

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: March 11, 2019, 03:12:19 pm »
It's premeditated assault, of course he's going to jail.

Not many people go to jail for a punch that didn't do any harm.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #618 on: March 11, 2019, 03:24:30 pm »

Literally 5 minutes searching on social media will be able to determine which club he really supports.

Like @PaulCheatingRSBastards  isn't likely to be a Liverpool fan.  These are not James Bond types who are experts in deep infiltration and spycraft.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: March 11, 2019, 03:31:56 pm »
Not many people go to jail for a punch that didn't do any harm.

You'd think the nature of the attack people would want to make an example of him.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #620 on: March 11, 2019, 03:33:56 pm »
You'd think the nature of the attack people would want to make an example of him.

The Leeds fan who smacked Chris Kirkland got 4 months in prison.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: March 11, 2019, 03:35:10 pm »
From The Daily Mirror.

""Mitchell claims he was not intoxicated and was with his father and did it as a joke."

A very proud Daddy in the stands saying to those around him 'That's my boy"     :wanker

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: March 11, 2019, 03:35:34 pm »
The Leeds fan who smacked Chris Kirkland got 4 months in prison.

Heh well guess that puts things in perspective.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: March 11, 2019, 03:44:52 pm »

I don't doubt that for one minute,he should be made an example of,just unsure of what punishment fits the crime.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #624 on: March 11, 2019, 03:48:36 pm »

I don't doubt that for one minute,he should be made an example of,just unsure of what punishment fits the crime.

An Everton half season ticket?
Legacy fan

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: March 11, 2019, 03:48:40 pm »
Jailed for 14 weeks.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #626 on: March 11, 2019, 03:48:55 pm »
He got 14 weeks of porridge.  And he has to pay Jack Grealish £100 compensation. (Honestly).

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: March 11, 2019, 03:50:59 pm »
Well that's shown him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #628 on: March 11, 2019, 03:51:35 pm »
I’d say that’s about right to be honest
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #629 on: March 11, 2019, 03:51:47 pm »
He got 14 weeks of porridge.  And he has to pay Jack Grealish £100 compensation. (Honestly).

Proper old grump comment but perhaps he can use the money to get a sensible haircut.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #630 on: March 11, 2019, 03:58:22 pm »
Proper old grump comment but perhaps he can use the money to get a sensible haircut.

And ruin his chances of a cameo appearance on Peaky Blinders?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: March 11, 2019, 07:49:33 pm »
Hopefully he loses his job and is ridiculed by his family.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: March 11, 2019, 07:59:40 pm »
An Everton half season ticket?
half?? Then again he has a child so maybe that would be ideal

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: March 16, 2019, 02:04:39 pm »
Massive goal for Sheffield United.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #634 on: March 16, 2019, 02:06:07 pm »

Really don’t want Sheffield United up. Saw a bit of them against Brentford and they just look like they’ll be another Burnley if they come up. Agricultural, launch it down the channels and get the big men to hold it up or buy a cheap free kick.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: March 16, 2019, 02:24:16 pm »
Always amusing when an outfield player is in goal.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: March 16, 2019, 08:04:13 pm »

I don't often watch non-Lfc games, but I really enjoyed that second half today and celebrated the goal like it was one of ours 😅
Not a great deal of quality on show, but Sheffield United defended really well.
Also, its always good to see Leeds lose.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #637 on: March 17, 2019, 11:38:10 am »
Leeds had both Norwich and Sheffield Utd at home in the second round and they blew it. I hope them and Nottingham Forest are back in the PL (not gonna happen). Them or a team that hasn't been up ever again or has many years or decades since they were in the top tier.

Fuck Villa ff that is. For starters. Then Boro, West Brom etc.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: March 17, 2019, 08:16:56 pm »
This Jared Bowen guy. Just seen his scoring record but what is he like as a player. At 22 the stats are evry impressive

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #639 on: March 17, 2019, 08:46:23 pm »
This Jared Bowen guy. Just seen his scoring record but what is he like as a player. At 22 the stats are evry impressive

I saw Hull play Brentford a few weeks back and I can’t say he stood out. Hull were terrible all round bar a decent first 20 minutes so maybe he couldn’t get into the game.

This concludes my in depth scouting report.