Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 474045 times)

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #5000 on: September 17, 2018, 12:39:04 pm »
Anyone got a BMW 430D?

What did you want to know? Which year?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5001 on: September 17, 2018, 12:41:54 pm »
Bought a silver 2007 Lexus ES 350 last month, exactly like this one in the pics. Only 89,000 miles. Seems it was garage kept as the paint is perfect with nary a scratch. Interior is spotless too. Only $9500! Perfect car for my sales job. I'm in it all day. Very quiet and comfortable.

This is my 4th Lexus/Toyota in a row. They've all gotten to over 200,000 miles with hardly a repair, despite my driving like I should have a helmet, gloves and a flame suit on. ;D Incredibly well built cars.

a lovely car no question but a tad dear for its age?

they look great though. friend of mine has a lexus. its about 12 years old and its practically bullet proof

it still looks near new
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5002 on: September 17, 2018, 02:04:07 pm »
a lovely car no question but a tad dear for its age?
Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Acura all hold their value quite well in the US because of their reliability. Yes, I could have gotten a different brand for less, but I'm practically guaranteed it will run to 250,000 miles if I take decent care of it. I respect BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc but as they get older they tend not to have the extreme reliability of Lexus.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5003 on: September 17, 2018, 02:27:11 pm »
Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Acura all hold their value quite well in the US because of their reliability. Yes, I could have gotten a different brand for less, but I'm practically guaranteed it will run to 250,000 miles if I take decent care of it. I respect BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc but as they get older they tend not to have the extreme reliability of Lexus.
i was put off german cars after a terrible stint with volkswanker

completely understand your view, the japanese makes in particular are very good at going very long

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5004 on: September 17, 2018, 02:58:06 pm »
id well believe you mate

we used to buy honda about 20 odd years ago, the guy my dad bought it off called them the rolls royce of japanese cars

I have always liked the look of honda accords

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5005 on: September 17, 2018, 03:28:51 pm »
Went for a bit of fun car before the summer, 2004 Vauxhall Astra 2.0 Turbo Convertible.  87k on the clock, very tidy - only £1400.

Really fast, accelerates like a dream, looks good with the top down or up.....£30 a month tax and a bit thirsty but for the price I bought it for and the fact my company covers the majority of my fuel costs, I'm not complaining about that.

Now then, to upgrade the air filter and get it remapped....lets squeeze a few extra bhp out of it.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5006 on: September 23, 2018, 09:22:59 pm »
I haven't but it's a great car. Which you looking at, the Coupe or the Gran Coupe?

Gran Coupe mate.

Might be tempted by the 435D or M4

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5007 on: September 23, 2018, 09:24:36 pm »
What did you want to know? Which year?

Just what they're like.
What they like on fuel? Speed? Luxury etc
No older than a 16 plate.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #5008 on: September 23, 2018, 09:28:35 pm »
Been looking at nearly new XC90s recently. Have loved the Volvo experience with the V40 and am thinking of subscribing to full dad mode in the XC90. Can get some absolute bargains, given what the forecourt prices are and the subsequent depreciation.

Not a bad choice really, my old man has a XC60 and loves it, but if I were to go that direction, I would do the XC90.

Still not having it, I am trying to avoid "full dad mode" despite two kids and just make my current car work.

So far so good.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5009 on: September 24, 2018, 07:24:47 pm »
Audi are doing my fucking head in at the moment.
With all those WLTP new regs they cancelled my order for a new A4 (didn’t even tell me!!) and despite saying I would get the new facelifted version for the same price, they can’t even give an estimated build date let alone delivery. VW group is a fucking mess at the moment

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #5010 on: September 25, 2018, 07:21:25 am »
Not a bad choice really, my old man has a XC60 and loves it, but if I were to go that direction, I would do the XC90.

Still not having it, I am trying to avoid "full dad mode" despite two kids and just make my current car work.

So far so good.
The new Volvo's look slick. What' difference between the two

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5011 on: September 25, 2018, 05:35:30 pm »
Audi are doing my fucking head in at the moment.
With all those WLTP new regs they cancelled my order for a new A4 (didn’t even tell me!!) and despite saying I would get the new facelifted version for the same price, they can’t even give an estimated build date let alone delivery. VW group is a fucking mess at the moment

I was nearly in your shoes. When I started thinking about changing my car in May and having a mooch around, there were some jaw-droppingly cheap lease deals on A4's (mostly the 1.4 TFSI engine models, and for about £220-£260/month on a 3+35 with 15k miles pa inc VAT). I dithered until late June, by which time the deals were beginning to disappear. I heard about some supply problems so looked into it, stumbled onto some car forum, and found a whole thread about the problems with delays, cancellations, etc - some who ordered in April still hadn't been given a build schedule, others had had their orders cancelled, or put back to November or even January delivery.

Began looking around for something else, and ended up with an E220d. My first Merc and it's bloody lovely. It's a little bit more than the A4, but I got a superb deal - only trouble is, I had to move fast and had no choice on the colour or extras as it was a dealership that had pre-registered a bunch of them and was knocking them out on leases with a chunky discount.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5012 on: September 25, 2018, 09:00:51 pm »
I was nearly in your shoes. When I started thinking about changing my car in May and having a mooch around, there were some jaw-droppingly cheap lease deals on A4's (mostly the 1.4 TFSI engine models, and for about £220-£260/month on a 3+35 with 15k miles pa inc VAT). I dithered until late June, by which time the deals were beginning to disappear. I heard about some supply problems so looked into it, stumbled onto some car forum, and found a whole thread about the problems with delays, cancellations, etc - some who ordered in April still hadn't been given a build schedule, others had had their orders cancelled, or put back to November or even January delivery.

Began looking around for something else, and ended up with an E220d. My first Merc and it's bloody lovely. It's a little bit more than the A4, but I got a superb deal - only trouble is, I had to move fast and had no choice on the colour or extras as it was a dealership that had pre-registered a bunch of them and was knocking them out on leases with a chunky discount.

Think I may have stumbled across the same forum!!

To be fair, my current 1.4 tfsi (and engine they discontinued after accepting my order so now I’ll be getting the 2.0 version) A4 is an icredible deal; £167 a month!!

The new ones I’ve ordered is the black edition (so the top end of spec if not engine) so will be £205 a month if it ever arrives, but I couldn’t get anything close to that value from any of the ofther similar marques so I am stuck waiting. I’m ok to be fair, my current A4 is still like new and VW finance will seemingly give me a rolling contract on my current cheap lease; but I’d be livid if I was left without a car because of this

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5013 on: October 2, 2018, 12:14:21 pm »
Think I may have stumbled across the same forum!!

To be fair, my current 1.4 tfsi (and engine they discontinued after accepting my order so now I’ll be getting the 2.0 version) A4 is an icredible deal; £167 a month!!

£167 a month??

Just to increase/alleviate my levels of gnashing & wailing, does that include VAT? Is it based on 3 months deposit? What annual mileage is it based on?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5014 on: October 2, 2018, 05:28:43 pm »
£167 a month??

Just to increase/alleviate my levels of gnashing & wailing, does that include VAT? Is it based on 3 months deposit? What annual mileage is it based on?

Does include VAT, based on 8k miles and 9 months advance.

Still a cracking deal for a cracking car

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #5015 on: October 3, 2018, 06:37:35 am »
They're just a tad smaller mate. Think Audi Q3 - Q5 - Q7 etc for sizing. Although the top of the range XC90 with all the trimmings has to be one of the biggest cars on the road. It's like driving a chateaux.
Ah okay. Thank you. I personally think it looks better than the q7. Interior could be better though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5016 on: October 3, 2018, 10:24:04 am »
Does include VAT, based on 8k miles and 9 months advance.

Still a cracking deal for a cracking car

Oh absolutely. I'd just not seen any price like that for the arrangement I'd wanted. Doing some rough maths, I think it'd be in the sort of range I'd been seeing. Thanks for your reply.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5017 on: October 24, 2018, 03:21:38 pm »
Seat Leon ST FR Sport 1.5 TSI EVO DSG-auto 150PS, eclipse orange, pick it up Monday.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #5018 on: October 24, 2018, 04:27:31 pm »
Audi A5 Sportsback TFSI Special Edition from 2017. Almost all boxes were ticked on the accessory list. I love it!! :)

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5019 on: October 27, 2018, 10:27:56 pm »
Has anyone ever owned a first gen Citroen C5? I've been offered one at a dirt cheap price and was surprised but when I did a little search and looked at what they sell for I saw that it wasn't much higher. Leather seats, heated seats, gps, electric everything... Pretty much all you can ask for from a car from 2004. Looks great and nothing wrong with it as well. Are they unreliable?

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #5020 on: October 27, 2018, 10:35:30 pm »
Just turned 60 and bought my first ever new car. Wanted to downsize to Ibiza/Polo size but settled on a Fiesta Titanium. Fair bit of spec and stuck in a Bang and Olaffson for an extra £300.

Waiting delivery. I know it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I for one am a wee bit excited 😆

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5021 on: October 27, 2018, 11:54:52 pm »
Audi A5 Sportsback TFSI Special Edition from 2017. Almost all boxes were ticked on the accessory list. I love it!! :)

Very nice. What colour?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5022 on: October 28, 2018, 07:36:31 am »
Seat Leon ST FR Sport 1.5 TSI EVO DSG-auto 150PS, eclipse orange, pick it up Monday.

Nice. I've got the 2017 FR (non st) one. Lots of fun to drive.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5023 on: October 28, 2018, 05:06:01 pm »
Has anyone ever owned a first gen Citroen C5? I've been offered one at a dirt cheap price and was surprised but when I did a little search and looked at what they sell for I saw that it wasn't much higher. Leather seats, heated seats, gps, electric everything... Pretty much all you can ask for from a car from 2004. Looks great and nothing wrong with it as well. Are they unreliable?

Unreliable? It has a Citroen badge on the front...
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5024 on: October 28, 2018, 05:29:43 pm »

It'll be fine, unless it rains.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5025 on: October 28, 2018, 08:05:52 pm »
I no longer drive a car as someone rear ended me on the A30 this morning. The car is a "write off"

>:(
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5026 on: October 28, 2018, 09:10:37 pm »
I no longer drive a car as someone rear ended me on the A30 this morning. The car is a "write off"

Sorry to hear that, I hope you are ok. Broken cars are easier to fix than broken bones.
Justice for the 96!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5027 on: October 28, 2018, 09:13:23 pm »

Don't forget to mention that me, Capon, Zilty and JC, were in there with you at the same time and we are all sore, can't sleep and our sex lives have been irreversibly altered and damaged.

And my neck hurts summat rotten.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5028 on: October 28, 2018, 10:11:59 pm »
Don't forget to mention that me, Capon, Zilty and JC, were in there with you at the same time and we are all sore, can't sleep and our sex lives have been irreversibly altered and damaged.

And my neck hurts summat rotten.

;D
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5029 on: October 28, 2018, 10:12:42 pm »
Sorry to hear that, I hope you are ok. Broken cars are easier to fix than broken bones.

Maybe a bit of whiplash, time will tell.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5030 on: October 31, 2018, 05:03:50 pm »
Nice. I've got the 2017 FR (non st) one. Lots of fun to drive.

It's my first time driving an auto, piece of piss.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5031 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:40 pm »
In Spain at the monent and driving a seat Córdoba 😂😂😂 it’s sound though does the job for me. When I return to the uk next year I’m after a seat Leon fr of some variety. I drove one a few years back through work and fell in love with it. I’d had it a week. It was just a great drive. So much fun to drive, great spec.Brilliant car.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5032 on: November 1, 2018, 12:51:43 am »
X1, XC40 or Q3 for me next. I've driven the BM and Volvo, liked both but the X1 just shaded it for me driving-wise even though I preferred the looks of the Volvo. Waiting to try out the new Q3 before I pull the trigger.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #5033 on: November 2, 2018, 02:40:08 pm »
Very nice. What colour?

Very nice indeed! Black metallic. :)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5034 on: December 24, 2018, 03:57:29 pm »
Finding more and more that I'm less and less interested in Petrol/Diesel cars when they pop up on the Youtube review shows, definitely going electric once this lease is up (2 years)

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5035 on: December 27, 2018, 10:22:26 pm »

Mint car that.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5036 on: December 28, 2018, 09:13:44 am »
Finding more and more that I'm less and less interested in Petrol/Diesel cars when they pop up on the Youtube review shows, definitely going electric once this lease is up (2 years)

Id get an electric next if it was a feasible option.  I do plenty of miles and they are not quite good enough with the batteries, charging times and infrastructure yet.  Think the technology needs to hit its next stage and there needs to be more and faster charge points developed and located.  Does chippy tits have enough say in it as most parking spots are privately owned?  Think 1 more normal fuel based car for me then hopefully things will have caught up a bit.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5037 on: December 28, 2018, 09:25:51 am »
Id get an electric next if it was a feasible option.  I do plenty of miles and they are not quite good enough with the batteries, charging times and infrastructure yet.  Think the technology needs to hit its next stage and there needs to be more and faster charge points developed and located.  Does chippy tits have enough say in it as most parking spots are privately owned?  Think 1 more normal fuel based car for me then hopefully things will have caught up a bit.

If I have to change my car, then my next one will also be a normal fuel car, possibly a diesel, as I fancy an XF or XE. Ideally I'd like to keep my X-type as I really like it and modern cars do nothing for me. I'm interested in doing a conversion to electric in the future if the cost wasn't prohibitive and it could be done to my car, I've done LPG conversions in the past on a Sierra and a Mondeo so wouldn't have any concerns about going electric. I saw an episode of Wheeler Dealers where it had been done to a Maserati Bi-Turbo and it would work out cheaper than buying a new car.

For my commute the limited range wouldn't bother me, as I only do about 40 miles a week, it's when I go to visit family in Southport or we go away for a weekend where the problems would start. I know the Tesla has a great range, but they are ridiculously expensive.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:28:28 am by rob1n red breast size 966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5038 on: December 28, 2018, 09:45:13 am »
For my commute the limited range wouldn't bother me, as I only do about 40 miles a week, it's when I go to visit family in Southport or we go away for a weekend where the problems would start. I know the Tesla has a great range, but they are ridiculously expensive.

I think that's pretty much gone now hasn't it? 250 miles is normal range now on them (I think)

I do find though that at the moment it's one extreme or the other...either they look fantastic and cost a fortune or utter crap and cheap (relatively) I was hoping the Tesla Model 3 would break that but even that is being released at I think £50,000 instead of the £30,000 they said :/

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5039 on: December 28, 2018, 10:26:45 am »
I drive a Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid - have you considered that? I'm lucky enough to have a charging point right outside my workplace, and the scheme it's on means that apart from a £20 a year charge it's free to use. Each full charge gives me about 35 miles driving, which is more than enough to get me home and back to work the next day, so effectively my commute costs me nothing during the week.

The rest of the time, it uses a combination of the electricity it generates itself - which even includes electricity from the heat generated when braking etc - and petrol; I get around 67 miles per gallon as standard, so even without charging it's very efficient.

Also, there are government grants available which mean that you can have a charging point installed at your home pretty much for free; unfortunately, you need to have off-road parking for that, and we don't have that available where we live.