Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2554225 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #13080 on: October 7, 2017, 11:02:06 am »
Shitty cheap hotels that "lose" or "forget" your booking when you arrive. I'm never staying at an Ibis Budget again.....

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13081 on: October 7, 2017, 11:42:13 am »
Fly tippers, they are the dregs of society.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #13082 on: October 7, 2017, 02:50:48 pm »
People who think that turning on their hazard lights entitles them to pull up and park wherever the fuck they like
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13083 on: October 7, 2017, 03:11:56 pm »
Nah, he was always a bit of a mummies boy...

King...Tut tut tut
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #13084 on: October 7, 2017, 03:46:37 pm »
People who think that turning on their hazard lights entitles them to pull up and park wherever the fuck they like

Especially on busy main roads so they can pop in and get fags or go to the cashpoint.  Cashpoint Cripples, twats.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #13085 on: October 7, 2017, 08:35:31 pm »
Rugby fans who feel the need to remind non rugby fans that rugby is (supposedly) a "real mans game"

I find them insufferable
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13086 on: October 8, 2017, 10:00:22 am »
Rugby fans who feel the need to remind non rugby fans that rugby is (supposedly) a "real mans game"

I find them insufferable

Not surprised when footballers do this all the time to a slight touch on the cheek

https://twitter.com/goal/status/916765267241373697
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #13087 on: October 8, 2017, 07:07:35 pm »

I find them insufferable

Footballers with a few rare exceptions are soft as anything - hell, cricketers are made of sterner stuff!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13088 on: October 8, 2017, 07:26:46 pm »

Footballers with a few rare exceptions are soft as anything - hell, cricketers are made of sterner stuff!

Motorcycle racers are hard bastards. This is Valentino Rossi, 19 days after breaking his right leg.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13089 on: October 8, 2017, 07:29:50 pm »
Hardest of the lot are Cyclists, by a mile.  Easy     :thumbup

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13090 on: October 8, 2017, 07:34:36 pm »
Hardest of the lot are Cyclists, by a mile.  Easy     :thumbup

All the PEDs remove their instincts for self-preservation.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13091 on: October 8, 2017, 07:36:52 pm »
Motorcycle racers are hard bastards. This is Valentino Rossi, 19 days after breaking his right leg.

They're mad, more like it! ;D

They will have to be hard, though, with some of the risks they're taking whilst riding at massive speeds.

Probably the toughest are runners, nothing but their own bodies as they either sprint at amazing speeds or endure mile upon mile of gruelling exertion.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13092 on: October 9, 2017, 12:24:14 am »
Never ending queues.    :butt

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13093 on: October 9, 2017, 07:35:23 pm »
The way Chris Jericho says Rihanna.

'Ray-Hannah'

As if there is a couple out there called Ray and Hannah, so Rayhanna is their pet name or something  :butt

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13094 on: October 9, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »

'Ray-Hannah'

As if there is a couple out there called Ray and Hannah, so Rayhanna is their pet name or something  :butt

He's the David Pleat of the Egyptology world isn't he? Cutting edge punditry and a font of all knowledge on all things Egyptian but you have to put up with a few mispronounced names. Small price to pay for such insight.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13095 on: October 9, 2017, 08:09:11 pm »
He's the David Pleat of the Egyptology world isn't he? Cutting edge punditry and a font of all knowledge on all things Egyptian but you have to put up with a few mispronounced names. Small price to pay for such insight.

I guess you have to have the rough with the smooth. Kind of like Suarez behaviour while he was a world class player. Don't forget Jericho said the king would of got bored of building after 1000 years  ;)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13096 on: October 10, 2017, 10:51:55 am »

'Ray-Hannah'

Chris Jericho's made up words, like "froot"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13097 on: October 10, 2017, 10:54:19 am »
People.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #13098 on: October 10, 2017, 10:55:59 am »

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13099 on: October 10, 2017, 11:30:06 am »
People.

THIS!

I went to the barbers at 14.15pm yesterday. I didn't get my turn till 4pm.

'Ohh ok Andy, I assume there was a long queue'

NOPE, completely empty with one 'person' in front of me..some pathetic roadman/Half price hooligan being overly fussy over his haircut, getting the barber to change it over and over.

2 HOURS FOR A FUCKING HAIRCUT  :no

Imagine being me and waiting there  :butt

I understand if it's a long queue but the fact that one 'person' deems it appropriate to waste 2 hours of my time is pathetic.

I'd come back another time but it isn't feasible. Though I suppose if I come when there is a big queue, it wouldn't take as long. The irony.

Anyone have similar experiences somewhere it is really quiet and only one person in the queue, but they take so long, while your turn takes mere minutes?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #13100 on: October 10, 2017, 11:33:36 am »
THIS!

I went to the barbers at 14.15pm yesterday. I didn't get my turn till 4pm.

People who flip flop between the 24 hour and 12 hour clock.

14.15pm isn't a thing. It's 14.15 or 2.15pm!

;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13101 on: October 10, 2017, 11:33:50 am »
Anyone have similar experiences somewhere it is really quiet and only one person in the queue, but they take so long, while your turn takes mere minutes?

This always happens to me at the supermarket when doing the big shop! I'll get behind some idiot who gets chatting to the person on the till, no problem with that, but then they'll stand at the end after paying for a couple of minutes continuing their conversation whilst I stand behind waiting for my shopping to be scanned through.

Just fucking move to one side if you insist on staying and let them scan my shit. I don't care what your son is up to at college Michelle  :no

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13102 on: October 10, 2017, 11:34:57 am »
This always happens to me at the supermarket when doing the big shop! I'll get behind some idiot who gets chatting to the person on the till, no problem with that, but then they'll stand at the end after paying for a couple of minutes continuing their conversation whilst I stand behind waiting for my shopping to be scanned through.

Just fucking move to one side if you insist on staying and let them scan my shit. I don't care what your son is up to at college Michelle  :no

Click and Collect or get it delivered. Fuck queuing up with a trolley load and having to interact with someone.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13103 on: October 10, 2017, 11:35:59 am »
People who flip flop between the 24 hour and 12 hour clock.

14.15pm isn't a thing. It's 14.15 or 2.15pm!

;D
When I realise I made that mistake, and I go back to edit it, but recieve a notification while editing it. :lmao : lmao : lmao

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13104 on: October 10, 2017, 11:38:10 am »
Click and Collect or get it delivered. Fuck queuing up with a trolley load and having to interact with someone.

Yeah that robot they have now that takes it from their van to your door and hands it to you they have now is magic!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13105 on: October 10, 2017, 11:39:44 am »

Ohh hell yeah, they think it's polite as they are having a conversation, but it's actually very rude.

As you are being selfish to the other persons time behind you for your own gain.

The checkout staff should be reprimanded too for taking personal conversation over the next customer.

I was in a store the other day and the supervisor had to say to the staff 'Can one of you serve'

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13106 on: October 10, 2017, 11:43:33 am »
I was in a store the other day and the supervisor had to say to the staff 'Can one of you serve'

That's another one that annoys me.

I was in a Tesco Metro last week and they got a sudden rush on which saw about 10 people queuing up for one manned till. There was another working just tidying about behind the tills, looked up plenty of times and saw how big the queue was but wasn't arsed. Took the manager coming over, seeing it and then telling them to serve before they did.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13107 on: October 10, 2017, 11:50:22 am »

I went into KFC the other day (I know, I know) and got served. Then a woman came in behind me, only other person there, and stood ready to be served. Five workers there, one of them starts messing around with change in the till. Doesn't acknowledge this woman for about three minutes, doesn't look up. Me and this woman keep exchanging looks like 'is this actually happening?!' Then she goes 'oh fuck this' and walks out and the woman in the till goes (after she's left) 'I cant help if I'm doing something in the till' and then starts joking around with the other workers there.

Made sure I'd got my stuff first, to avoid spit in my Zinger burger, and then gave her a lesson in customer service, about the customer being her priority, if she's busy apologise to the customer first, that her job relies on serving customers well etc etc. Didn't take any of it in so I go 'Dyou know what, can I speak to your manager please' and she goes I am the manager!!!!  :shocked I'm rarely bothered about putting someone in the shit but felt obliged to contact their customer services, it was absolutely shocking.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13108 on: October 10, 2017, 11:50:57 am »

I was in a Tesco Metro last week and they got a sudden rush on which saw about 10 people queuing up for one manned till. There was another working just tidying about behind the tills, looked up plenty of times and saw how big the queue was but wasn't arsed. Took the manager coming over, seeing it and then telling them to serve before they did.

D'you want packing?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #13109 on: October 10, 2017, 12:01:54 pm »
I went into KFC the other day ...
Not that this excuses anything (cos I too am not averse to putting such people in their place when they provide shocking service), but most KFCs are franchises and receive little if any customer experience L&D. That said, there are standards of service that the franchisees are expected to adhere to. It fucking annoys the crap out of me when a manager can't be arsed to set a decent bar level though - the example given there was Me Boss You Not Even If You Put Money In My Tills. Maybe that particular branch goes bankrupt....and someone wonders why........
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:04:35 pm by 24/7 »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13110 on: October 10, 2017, 12:03:40 pm »
Yeah that robot they have now that takes it from their van to your door and hands it to you they have now is magic!

Yeah but I don't have to force small talk with the guy.

It would be fucking ace if they had a robot that did that though.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13111 on: October 10, 2017, 12:04:33 pm »

two fucking hours? bloody hell

id someone infront of me in subway the other day and thought that was bad but this is unreal

one in front of me was arsing around with an order for about 4-5 people. i ended up just leaving
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #13112 on: October 10, 2017, 01:02:03 pm »
Didn't take any of it in so I go 'Dyou know what, can I speak to your manager please' and she goes I am the manager!!!!

Some normal "employees" do that. They say they are the manager because they don't want their superior to know that some hot headed sucker wants to complain about them and their supposedly appalling service. You complain about them. To them. The complaint stays where it is in the process and isn't escalated anywhere. You cant verify if they really are the manager. You just have to take their word for it. KFC, Burger King, McDonald's, Subway and all fast food joints that operate on franchise, do that. Granted, if they did their job, there wouldn't be a need to complain to the manager in the first place.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13113 on: October 10, 2017, 01:03:00 pm »

In our local Sainsbury's they have a member of staff whose job is to stand there directing people to empty self-service tills rather than open another till themselves to get through the queue. If I have time I will purposely wait for a real-life person to scan my stuff just to piss them off. I'm helping keep them in a job anyway, they should be grateful.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13114 on: October 10, 2017, 01:59:43 pm »
Yeah but I don't have to force small talk with the guy.

It would be fucking ace if they had a robot that did that though.

That's just more people on the dole.

I hate this whole drive towards automation at the expense of humans, which is driven by nothing but greed. Buses, Taxi's, Trains, HGV's etc.
The latest stupid thing is a manned lead truck and two driver-less trucks that follow, so that's 2 drivers out of work for each of these arrangements. These are all jobs that humans fill, once they are gone, what are these millions of people going to do?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13115 on: October 10, 2017, 02:01:11 pm »
In our local Sainsbury's they have a member of staff whose job is to stand there directing people to empty self-service tills rather than open another till themselves to get through the queue. If I have time I will purposely wait for a real-life person to scan my stuff just to piss them off. I'm helping keep them in a job anyway, they should be grateful.

I refuse to use the self service and self scan tills on principle. Again, its just people being put out of work by greedy c*nts.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13116 on: October 10, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure every Sainsbury's has that now. Small ones and large ones.

I try to avoid self service if I can, very annoying.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13117 on: October 10, 2017, 02:42:00 pm »

This is relativity in action mate - compare to how long the person in front of you takes in the doctors, vs how long your appointment lasts!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13118 on: October 10, 2017, 03:13:16 pm »

I hate this whole drive towards automation at the expense of humans, which is driven by nothing but greed. Buses, Taxi's, Trains, HGV's etc.
The latest stupid thing is a manned lead truck and two driver-less trucks that follow, so that's 2 drivers out of work for each of these arrangements. These are all jobs that humans fill, once they are gone, what are these millions of people going to do?

Put their feet up. 

But seriously, we'd need some sort of universal income to make work a choice.  Robots could ultimately give us more free time if we use them and prepare for them properly.  Whole new industries based around 'robots' and leisure could emerge. 

However, if we keep voting in free-market Tories, the output would just go to the wealthy and we could have millions more in poverty. 

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13119 on: October 10, 2017, 03:24:53 pm »

To be honest, mate, I was just making a joke about how it'd be great to have a robot deliver my shopping so I don't have to talk to anyone. I wasn't looking for serious commentary on the subject.