Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 150909 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1360 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »
Agger has been on the danish tv, mildly criticising Roys route one football. He also added that he wouldn't descend into kicking long balls, as its not his style and said that's why he is not chosen to play.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/article1414063.ece
This is pertinent, if we are going to debate style and tactics. It could also be him being rightly pissed off for being left out.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1361 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:35 pm »
Agger has been on the danish tv, mildly criticising Roys route one football. He also added that he wouldn't descend into kicking long balls, as its not his style and said that's why he is not chosen to play.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/article1414063.ece

Daniel Agger is smoked out on the bench in Liverpool, and it frustrates the Danish national team defender.

In the great battle against Manchester United was Agger changed into left back as there were 10 minutes left of the match.

Daniel Agger recognizes that the manager changed from Rafael Benitez to Roy Hodgson has certainly not been an advantage for the Danish defender.

- The style has been put on compared to less than Benitez, where we played the ball up from below. We do not now at all.

- Coach has a philosophy that we play football further up the pitch, and then we play a different kind of football at the back. It is not my style. It is not the type I are like football.

- I want to keep the ball on the ground. And I continue. Whether he can use me or not, time will prove so, says a very frustrated Agger football program 'The world's best football' at 6s.

He acknowledges that he must try to change parts of his game to get more playing time:

- I've got to try to change me, although I still do not become the player that unloads the ball every single time I get it. I'll fight my chance. I'll get the chance. I know what I stand for, and I think also, he (Hodgson, ed.) Doing, "said Agger, who stresses that he respects the former Bayern coach selection.

- It's the coach who decides. It must abide by. How is what he says.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #1362 on: September 19, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »

That sounds ominous for the future, between Agger and Hodgson, and for the direction of the team under Hodgson. 

Best lock the thread.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1363 on: September 19, 2010, 09:06:28 pm »

What's that noise? Alarm bells? I think so...

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #1364 on: September 19, 2010, 09:06:31 pm »
nice one Agger- somebody prepared to stand up and say what they believe.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1365 on: September 19, 2010, 09:06:32 pm »
By taking this job with the owners, he has put his entire managerial reputation on the line.
what a ridiculous statement. What reputation exactly??  He took the job cause it was the only chance he would get of managing a top domestic club and he wants to retire with "manager of LFC" in his biography,just like any other manager would.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: September 19, 2010, 09:07:05 pm »
I'm not criticizing Hodgson because he was brought in by this board - I'm only suggesting that he doesn't get the automatic support that I gave other managers because of it. That's not something I can explain, it's just my own personal feelings. I've personally been against many decisions that the board and the owners have taken. It would take something special for me to line up unquestioningly behind one of their decisions, because their track record is, frankly, shit.

Like I suggested, and you picked up on, Hodgson's football results on the pitch may take me from "uncomfortable observer of Hodgson's appointment" to "outright proponent of the Hodgson Way". So far, he's really given me little to suggest the change was for footballing reasons, that we got a superior manager in the footballing sense for the 11.5 million quid we spent to upgrade managers. But football's an afterthought.

Business wise, the direction is alarming. The squad is getting older in a hurry due to the age of his recruits and the age of the Rafa-era players that Hodgson has chosen to keep, and the money's running out. We'll have to replace Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Carra, Maxi, Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, and Aurelio within the next 3 years. Even Torres, Meireles and Johnson are the wrong side of 25. Even if this flock of players starts bringing in results, we're gonna be fucked soon. We don't have any Patos or Messis on our team. The youngest player who has a claim to the word "starter" is Lucas, and he's the most picked on member of this team, and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. Insua is gone. Ayala is on loan. Mikel San Jose starts for Bilbao. Two kids were swapped for Konchesky. Nemeth is in Greece. The Riojas bought for 2015 are being popped without any thought to Best Drinking Date.

But getting back to Rafa - I disagree with your statement that "we" thought he should have gone for the jugular when he "settled" for something less. Rafa had the right approach - first become dead hard to beat, then worry about converting the draws into wins. Everyone bitched about the draws in 2008/2009 - well I'd give my left arsecheek for that many draws every season. Every season Baz. I would take that many draws every season. Let me say that again so that there is no confusion. I would take that many draws every league campaign.

You know why? Because Rafa had it right - with that many draws, and taking something like 14 points from top 4 teams (that's sick) we still had the most points that any second place team ever had. If we did that every year, we'd be within shouting distance of the title every season. Most of us just cannot wrap our limited intellect around the fact that it's not about one hand; it's about getting to the final table. Just because you create chances to see a flop, it doesn't mean you go all in every hand. It's a campaign. Fuck going for it every minute, instead be hard to beat and consistent. Take the points from home/away matchups against top opposition. That's it, djes. You don't need to go for broke against Stoke. Most times, Kuyt's opener counts, and Gerrard's shot goes in off the post. Meanwhile, you accumulate a war chest from Champions League revenue, and spend a percentage of it on a lot - a lot - of cheap, promising kids.

Instead, we did what Rafa always said not to do. We pushed harder than we should have in 2009/2010 when we didn't really have a chance at winning the hand, lost when it was obvious we weren't gonna win, took that as an indictment of Rafa and the whole fucking system, and then tilted madly. Victims of emotion. Pathetic really.

I can't speak for most people, Baz, but my discomfort with how we look now isn't about plucking random results and comparing them. It's about the entire tournament, indeed, the entire portfolio, not an isolated case by case comparison. Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged of Platini's jar. On any given day, Rafa's Rojas - a portfolio full of individual results that may look questionable in isolation - looked like something I'd put my money on. On any given day. You can't say that now. Would you fancy something out of an away trip to Inter Milan right now? Would you fuck. He'd fucking rip us to shreds, then look at his watch, the fat fuck.

Whether he bought Alonso for 10m or sold him for 30m, whether he bought Mascherano or sold Sissoko, whether Crouch fired blanks or became prolific for England, whether he swapped Josemi for Kromkamp (sp?) or Dudek for Reina, whether he played Gerrard on the right or off Torres, whether he "went for it" or "settled for a draw", whether he won in Istanbul or made 2 finals in 3 years, whether he stuck with Bellamy or bought Torres, on or off, whether his team conceded 4 to Arshavin or hit Chelsea for 4 at the Bridge - Rafa earned my respect, and my support because the longterm results were overwhelmingly positive. Random decisions and results mean nothing.

If Rafa were a fund, I'd invest in it. It looks like it would feature consistent performance, profits, and dividends - possibly boring, but those are usually stellart investments. I didn't disagree with any single individual thing Rafa did, especially not fucking subs or silly shit like "going for it" because I knew that over time, I was in the right hands. Day to day decisions may have indeed been random; but the long term results were on an upward trajectory. In his shittiest year, he came within minutes of a European final. That's long term results smoothed out for ya.

Unfortunately, some of us sound like folks who sold a longterm winner at the first sign of trouble, hopped onto a risky stock, and are now peering intently at the price over the last week, while alarm bells are ringing on the one year chart. "Oh it'll be alright, Rafa lost at Trafford too, it's not so bad," they say.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Crikey top stuff mate, this deserves more than to be lost in the post match thread!

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: September 19, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »
Yes. We lost.
We have 5 points from 5 games and sitting 16th in the table, but don't let it fool you.

we are 3, and I repeat THREE points off the 4th spot.

We have played 4 of the toughest PL fixtures of any team and now we have 5 relatively easier fixtures in front of us, and after those 5 games we'll truly be able to judge our team, players and manager for this season.

Sunderland HOME
Blackpool HOME
Everton AWAY
Blackburn HOME
Bolton AWAY

so far, we have got the same amount of points as last year in identical fixtures (of those 5 teams we've played)...now the next 5 games could make a difference, and then we can look at the table to see where we stand. don't let the table fool you now.

today, for the first time we were able to field Torres, Gerrard, Meireles and Cole together, and we played some good possession passing football at times. 2 through balls from Cole and Meireles resulted in our 2 goals. the chemistry will just improve in my opinion . Poulsen finally started playing in second half and was our best player of H2 after Gerrard.

if we beat our next 2 home fixtures, things will look good again, and then we can go to Goodison with some kind of momentum.

again, we are only 3 points off the 4th spot, having played 4 very difficult fixtures, and new players and style still adapting. I noticed we passed the ball 5 times more this game as opposed to the game @ Brum.
much more passing in defense, even Skrtel was forced to pass more. I think things will definitely get better with time.

now let's get behind our boys, to start gaining their confidence back by hammering Northamptontown on wednesday night.

YNWA

Support the Team, Support the Players, Support the Manager.

YANKS OUT

Exactly, we actually played nice one touch football at times, mierles and joe cole were finding excellent passes that you'd thought they would miss, I think enger calls them 50/50's... we one most of these 50/50's...and we id well, it was just our width that was giving the problem. Who was in the middle, was it joe cole or gerrard, I don't get what the formation was, because I didnt see gerrard play attackingly, ... I dunno...

It was just those stupid berbatov goals that gave it away, carragher and torres should have cleared it well... stupid soft goals conceded...THATS ALL!...plus they had like some chances... and konchesky needs to lacen his boots, and and and....and.....and we just need a striker...:)
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1368 on: September 19, 2010, 09:07:29 pm »
To be perfectly honest, I am not slating Roy ... I like him and I think that he is doing the job to the best of his abilities ... It is unfair to compare him to the tactical genius of Rafa ... They are simply not on the same level ...

Nor is the money they had to spend in the transfer window.

Comparing Rafa and Roy is like comparing Rawk and Kop Talk - Its bloody pointless.

Rafa has left the building, now lets all move on please.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: September 19, 2010, 09:07:57 pm »
Roy may not have managed at the same level of Rafa, but Rafa, he was here 6 seasons and he ultimately didn't bring us the title, the one we really want, it's unfortunate but the truth. 

So i don't think it can come as much as a surprise that he's no longer here.

Things are looking a lot rosier now though aren't they?

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1370 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08:14 pm »

Good
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #1371 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »
Torres needs help this season because he isn't getting much from the middle. If our plan is to play long balls then he needs somebody to hold the ball up for him.

Torres will be sold for £35 million in the summer.
Not because we want to sell him, I hasten to add.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1372 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08:34 pm »
nice one Agger- somebody prepared to stand up and say what they believe.
Agger has done it earlier too. class player,class character.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1373 on: September 19, 2010, 09:09:34 pm »
Ok but how's about we point the finger at the players for a change? Rafa couldn't get them going last season and so far Roy hasn't got them going this season. Maybe it's not entirely the fault of the manager. We DO have SOME top class players on BIG money. And yet they seem impervious to ANY criticism.

Yeah I do agree with you to a point mate, the players DO have to take thier fair share of stick for thier performances.

But its also plain to see to anyone, how different the team as a whole presses and plays this season to last. Its taken me by surprise to be honest, but theres a huge difference. I'm assuming thats the managers own plan, it must be, surely? Roy clearly knows how he wants to play. And its VERY different to the way Rafa set up our team.

Remember when we would "control the game?" We got used to doing so - but its remarkable how little we control now.

Perhaps, just like in 2005, the players are struggling to adapt and they must do better. But ive got to be totally honest - watching the reds play, I MUCH prefered the previous style.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline FranklyRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly a Red since Kennedy's goal Paris 1981...
« Reply #1374 on: September 19, 2010, 09:10:21 pm »
Agger is the best 'footballing' CB we have ... at least a player who can pass a ball and not just hoof it up in to the air to 'only the lonely' Fernando
"La ocasión hay que crearla, no esperar a que llegue"

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: September 19, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »
Mascherano stated something similar like Agger. He actually did question Roy before he left.

Ok, move on... Roy has been sacked at Blackburn by christmas. I cannot imagine him having more than one season. And than he´s gone with Torres..
Than you can say that it only took us 12 month to destroy the whole building down to one bad decision made by a couple of idiots.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:12:46 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: September 19, 2010, 09:11:22 pm »
Makes me laugh the way people are looking at our next 6 or 7 games and saying how much better things will look after them.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:06 pm »
If We can get 4 wins out of 5 with 1 draw and with other results going how I think they will, I have just done that Predictor and This is what I think we could end up with before we play Chelsea

Team            P     GD    PTS

1 Chelsea      10    28    26
2 Arsenal       10    13    21
3 Man UTD     10    10    21
4 Tottenham  10    6     19
5 Man City     10    9     18
6 Birmingham 10    3     18
7 Liverpool     10    3     18
8 Wolves        10    0     15
9 Fulham        10    1     14
10 Bolton       10    0     14
11 Newcastle 10    1     13
12 Blackpool  10   -7     13
13 Sunderland  10   -3     12
14 Stoke       10   -3     10
15 Blackburn   10   -7     8
16 West Brom   10   -11    8
17 Aston Villa 10   -11    7
18 West Ham    10   -12    7
19 Everton     10   -5     6
20 Wigan       10   -15    6

I had did the same and had Newcastle third... ::)            

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1378 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:10 pm »
Rafa has left the building, now lets all move on please.

Move on where ? To the mid-table mediocrity ? Not a chance ...

I will support Roy, simply because we couldn't get anyone better at the moment, but the first moment we get new owners, we should be looking for a manager at the level of LFC ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1379 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:13 pm »
cant believe all the drama on this thread.

we had 4 new players in the first team, they need time to settle and play together. infact they did play well together, but without any real threat in the final 3rd.

thats man city, arsenal and manchester united done, so hopefully we can go on a run of wins. c'mon lads!
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #1380 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:25 pm »

some food for thought for people saying "this season is exactly like last season"......

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:07 pm »
My current Liverpool concerns, in order

1) Having a club to support in 2011/12 season
2) Remaining in the Premiership
3) Managerial situation
4) Players
5) Results
6) League table in September
7) Losing to the Mancs away

Really, if you're looking at the league table and getting upset, then I'm lost for words. 
Title push?  Nice if it was on offer, but it's a luxury, not a necessity.
Beating the Mancs?  Nice if we can, but very understandable if we can't.  £30m Berbatov, £30m Rooney, £17m Nani are three very good reasons why we cannot compete at the same level over a sustained period, so why get wound up about it?

Offline storey1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1382 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:17 pm »
i'm not going to rant on about sacking roy, rafa was better or the various campaigns( which we all should take the time to support). just going on todays game a few things concerned me...firstly why we didn't make changes early in the back four. every time a cross came in we looked like we were going to concede. the fullbacks allowed too many balls in and the centre backs were second to everything. carras positioning for the volley was terrible and he should have been moved/subbed by the time he was beaten for the winner. i get that we were going to be under pressure at the library but you need your defenders throwing themselves at everthing. we were way too nice to berbatov and should have been in his face where he doesn't fancy it.

i know there are varied opinions on poulsen but i thought he was very poor today,pedestrian and for a defensive midfielder he didnt offer enough protetion, gerrard did more covering than him.

we just look like we are in the middle of two formations, rafas and roys. we have very little width and this directly effects supply to torres, contrast this to the trouble we had dealing with crosses.

look it's sickening losing to them any day, but it's not the end of the world, that i'm afraid is being discussed on other threads with Hicks strangling the life out of LFC. oh and ferguson keep your nose out of it, it's none of your business.
Slowly but surely the cogs of the red machine are beginning to turn again.

Offline Karlton81

• Anny Roader
  • It's on like Donkey Kong
« Reply #1383 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »
Things are looking a lot rosier now though aren't they?

5 games gone, 33 to go, Arsenal (H), City (A) and Utd (A) out of the way already...... i think that's what you call perspective.

Off the field dramas would have been the same even if we got Jesus in to manage us.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1384 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:58 pm »
Makes me laugh the way people are looking at our next 6 or 7 games and saying how much better things will look after them.

we cant do anything about the past can we? i mean if he had a chance, i'm sure david moores wouldnt have sold to hicks and gillette if the opportunity was presented again!
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1385 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »
I had did the same and had Newcastle third... ::)            
And why is Everton in the relegation zone????

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:29 pm »
Fuck yes Agger you beauty!!!
Now Roy will fight back by benching him, as if demonting him to second LB behing Paul Konchesky was not enough. :( How fucked are we my oh my...

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:32 pm »

What have we done to deserve this? we are so so messed up at the moment. I can handle not winning trophies or finishing 4th, but i can't handle another season of poor football. If Roy drives Agger out, he needs to go at the end of the season.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: September 19, 2010, 09:15:07 pm »

Well they is no point being negative about all this mate.

Save that for the owners.

We have to get behind the team.

Must say the fans were quality today at the toilet and showed true support.

Offline HFD

• info.com
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Will we ever learn....
    • The Truth.
« Reply #1389 on: September 19, 2010, 09:15:54 pm »
Precisely why do you love Roy? For his quiff?

Because it can't be for his scintillating football, his trophy haul, his stand up fights with Brasso - breath and the pro-Manc media.

Quiff it is then.

Brasso - Breath :lmao

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: September 19, 2010, 09:16:45 pm »
Move on where ? To the mid-table mediocrity ? Not a chance ...

I will support Roy, simply because we couldn't get anyone better at the moment, but the first moment we get new owners, we should be looking for a manager at the level of LFC ...

Martin O'Neil then?

Any new owners will keep with Roy for at least a season. So get behind him and the current players.

Offline Litmanen10

• Kopite
  • Genious
« Reply #1391 on: September 19, 2010, 09:18:48 pm »
It's funny how for 6 years it was all "The Liverpool Way is to always support the manager". Roy doesn't seem to get even slightest support now and he is only 5 games into the season.
Jesus saves...But GOD scores from the rebound!!

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1392 on: September 19, 2010, 09:19:17 pm »
What else can we do? Sit around moping?
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: September 19, 2010, 09:19:35 pm »
Well think I've got to say today was one of the few times I've felt ashamed to be a Liverpool fan.

The % of fans singing the Munich songs and making plan gestures is by far the highest I've ever witnessed, it was a disgrace.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: September 19, 2010, 09:20:47 pm »
It's funny how for 6 years it was all "The Liverpool Way is to always support the manager". Roy doesn't seem to get even slightest support now and he is only 5 games into the season.

Aye,slightly ironic.
Supporters at the game were great though.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:02 pm »
5 games gone, 33 to go, Arsenal (H), City (A) and Utd (A) out of the way already...... i think that's what you call perspective.

Off the field dramas would have been the same even if we got Jesus in to manage us.

But you were talking about how it's no surprise Rafa has gone because he couldn't deliver the one thing we crave the most.
 Do you honestly feel, on the basis of what you have seen so far this season, that that is likely to change in the next couple of years?
 If the answer is yes then I feel you are somewhat deluded, if the answer is no then what was the point of replacing a top quality coach with Roy Hodgson?

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #1396 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:12 pm »
We will come good lads. A bit of positivity needed.
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Offline Karlton81

• Anny Roader
  • It's on like Donkey Kong
« Reply #1397 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:14 pm »
I love the way people are happy to see Agger come out in the press and criticise the current tactics (if he did indeed criticise), like it should be applauded for possibly causing a rift in the team.

Any in team problems should be done behind closed doors, but no, people call it "standing up" for what he believes in and think it's a good thing, pathetic, like this club is not in enough shit as it is.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1398 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:19 pm »
Well think I've got to say today was one of the few times I've felt ashamed to be a Liverpool fan.

The % of fans singing the Munich songs and making plan gestures is by far the highest I've ever witnessed, it was a disgrace.

Not even arsed by that considering the fucking "Mur-Der-Ers" shite they come out with constantly.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »
People narrow down the Liverpool Way too much. It's also the Liverpool Way to play pass and move. We aint seeing too much of that at the moment.