Author Topic: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30  (Read 39723 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30
« Reply #200 on: March 3, 2017, 10:37:31 am »
For this one i think we should bring Moreno in and switch Milner to midfield. Thats probably the only change to make bar Lovren for Lucas. I am not a fan of Moreno at all but I dont really want to see Can in midfield.
Moreno was a disaster for most of the opening day. second half he got through it ok. He gave away a penalty and then fcuked up a minute later for their goal.

Ill scream if Lucas starts
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #201 on: March 3, 2017, 10:37:53 am »
For this one i think we should bring Moreno in and switch Milner to midfield. Thats probably the only change to make bar Lovren for Lucas. I am not a fan of Moreno at all but I dont really want to see Can in midfield.

Think Can will be fine. He, like many of our players, seems to do well against the better teams. It's away from home where he in particular looks totally inept.

Fingers crossed Lovren is back. Need him and Matip fit for the rest of the season if we are to salvage top four, IMO.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #202 on: March 3, 2017, 10:39:06 am »
Hope we go properly mental for this game and try playing defenders in defence, midfielders in midfield and attackers in the attack.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: March 3, 2017, 10:39:42 am »

I don't want to see Milner in midfield after watching him last season.  Can will at least stay in midfield, unlike Milner who just follows the ball and leaves holes, which Arsenal will exploit.

Moreno also weakens our defence, which really doesn't need weakening.  Part of why he got dropped was his defending vs Arsenal earlier in the season.

Big no no, for me.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #204 on: March 3, 2017, 10:41:15 am »
Problem is with the team that Klopp has to take into account two different Liverpools. One, the pathetic, gutless, downright offensive showing at Leicester on Monday using what was our strongest team on paper (with what we have available) and two, the high-energy, 100mph, dynamic brilliant Liverpool that often turns up against the big sides.

So what does he do? Trust the players who keep letting him down because they often do it against better sides? Or does he put his foot down and say 'enough is enough' and drop some of the bottlers? It's not an easy call at all.

Think we'll see the same team as Monday with Dejan in for Lucas.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #205 on: March 3, 2017, 10:44:28 am »
I would've killed for a top 4 spot before the season started so there's no changing that. Just get that top 4 spot and I'll be delighted with how the season ended.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 3, 2017, 10:51:35 am »
We seem to excel against the Top 4 sides so not really worried with who starts as the lads will be up for this after the last debacle performance against Leicester. One step forward tomorrow, its a matter can we keep it going all ahead.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 3, 2017, 10:57:17 am »
I would've killed for a top 4 spot before the season started so there's no changing that. Just get that top 4 spot and I'll be delighted with how the season ended.
yeah i would too

just a pity how we kind of got teased into thinking it was going to be more. we looked nailed on for top 4 at least

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #208 on: March 3, 2017, 11:18:26 am »
yeah i would too

just a pity how we kind of got teased into thinking it was going to be more. we looked nailed on for top 4 at least

Yep, still can't properly wrap my head around that. We still have 12 games to fix things so here's hoping mate.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 3, 2017, 11:23:21 am »
Yep, still can't properly wrap my head around that. We still have 12 games to fix things so here's hoping mate.
true. just hope we dont fuck it up

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #210 on: March 3, 2017, 11:24:30 am »
yeah i would too

Yep. I was thinking back then it would have been the minimum out of this season.

People are downbeat now and for good reason. Even if we beat Arsenal, they know another Hull or Leicester or Swansea performance is round the corner so it's up to the players mainly to change the perception and the mood.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 3, 2017, 11:24:56 am »
yeah i would too

I think the early season really showed what this team are capable of, if Klopp can make a few changes, hopefully it'll the team we see more of. I still think we'll get top four, hopefully we can shake off this habit of losing to/drawing with the smaller teams.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #212 on: March 3, 2017, 11:25:34 am »
Can we bring the heavy metal football back for this please?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 3, 2017, 11:40:23 am »
I don't want to see Milner in midfield after watching him last season.  Can will at least stay in midfield, unlike Milner who just follows the ball and leaves holes, which Arsenal will exploit.

Moreno also weakens our defence, which really doesn't need weakening.  Part of why he got dropped was his defending vs Arsenal earlier in the season.

Big no no, for me.

Agreed.  I understand people want changes after our recent form, but bringing Moreno back in and playing Milner as your sitting midfielder would cause more problems than it'd solve.  For me the only change would be Lovren for Lucas.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 3, 2017, 11:56:02 am »
Got banned for suggesting we'd struggle against Leicester, so i'll sort of do a split post. One RAWK Post. Then mine.

what did you actually say if you don't mind me asking? because that's a joke
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 3, 2017, 11:58:12 am »
Agreed.  I understand people want changes after our recent form, but bringing Moreno back in and playing Milner as your sitting midfielder would cause more problems than it'd solve.  For me the only change would be Lovren for Lucas.

Wijnaldum is pretty athletic. Could he not play the defenisve position.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #216 on: March 3, 2017, 12:07:28 pm »
Please don't ruin my Saturday night redmen. Thanks
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 3, 2017, 12:18:07 pm »
Wijnaldum is pretty athletic. Could he not play the defenisve position.

That's might be a good shout, but in that case I'd still go with Can over Milner in midfield but let's face, we couldn't be confident about any replacement for Henderson, which says a lot about the state of our squad.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 3, 2017, 12:38:15 pm »
I think this may be one big game too far for us. Having to get up for big games to get your season back on track against good sides cannot be sustainable. We did it for Utd, Chelsea and Spurs but i wonder if this is the game which finally cracks us.

I think it will be a draw but i am not confident at all.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #219 on: March 3, 2017, 12:40:43 pm »
I think the early season really showed what this team are capable of

As great as blowing teams away was I always thought this approach could be got at, pouring so many players forward is super high risk, I've got a sneaky feeling teams have just figured us out a bit.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #220 on: March 3, 2017, 12:42:52 pm »
Absolutely bucketing it down up here with no signs of stopping tomorrow.

If nothing else lets get some tackles flying around. Arsenal don't like the rain.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #221 on: March 3, 2017, 12:43:54 pm »
I think this may be one big game too far for us. Having to get up for big games to get your season back on track against good sides cannot be sustainable. We did it for Utd, Chelsea and Spurs but i wonder if this is the game which finally cracks us.

I think it will be a draw but i am not confident at all.

Feeling similar to be honest. I'm always positive before a game but I'm a bit concerned as to what the outcome might be if we go behind early. Morale is just so low at the minute.

Anyway - 3-2 Liverpool and still hoping for a top 4 finish.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #222 on: March 3, 2017, 12:59:03 pm »
We have to get back to the high energy pressing game that's been proven against the "top" teams. Surely after the last match capitulation this is the least the players should do? I hate the phrase but "back to basics" is what's needed.

Come on Redmen, do us proud!

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 3, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »

haha remember Moreno last time v Arsenal

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 3, 2017, 01:00:48 pm »
Can we bring the heavy metal football back for this please?

we always do then its back to Marie Carey for Burnley

Offline Red Spen

• Main Stander
« Reply #225 on: March 3, 2017, 01:12:13 pm »
We could desperately do with an early goal in this game. The fanbase is so downtrodden at the moment if we start slow I can imagine Anfield being even quieter than it normally is. Everyone needs a boost. Lets just hope the players from 2016 turn up.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #226 on: March 3, 2017, 01:14:42 pm »
I'm convinced we'll beat them and beat them well but it'll be another false dawn and our pattern of being game raisers will continue with this current crop of players.

Offline NO COUTINHO

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: March 3, 2017, 01:16:20 pm »
5-4 to the redmen
Barcelona BEATEN, Liverpool TRIUMPHANT, Messi MASHED on Merseyside

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 3, 2017, 01:19:43 pm »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #229 on: March 3, 2017, 01:20:31 pm »
what did you actually say if you don't mind me asking? because that's a joke

[/quote]My only concern is, for the last 4-5 years we struggle against teams in the lower half of the table who sit deep, put 11 men behind the ball and score a scruffy shit goal and beat us.

The list of teams who have done it to us is fucking 6 feet long.

I think we'll win, but 5-1? I think we'll win 2-1 but it'll be a very very hard game.

Leciester have played more games but having the manager gone may give them a lift.

Yes we've had a rest but having  15 days off, the lads may be rusty in terms of match speed although I doubt Jurgen will allow that.

It'll be a tight game. My point about the optimism thing, is if you predict anything other than a Liverpool massive win on here, you get slaughtered, regardless of any logic, research etc. You get fucking pelted. It's genuinely very very strange. [/quote]

[/quote]Agreed.

We also beat Hull at home quite comfortably and then got done away 2-0 and looked appalling.

We're on the same side. I've got stuff to do. Actual human, not internet maniac stuff to do. Liverpool 2-1. The end .  [/quote]

I got banned for those two posts pre-leicester.

What a fucking c*nt I am.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #230 on: March 3, 2017, 01:30:01 pm »
Klopp has just confirmed Henderson is out for Arsenal.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #231 on: March 3, 2017, 01:30:54 pm »
Hope Lovren makes it or this is going to be tough...

Klopp says Henderson ruled out. Klopp says Lovren has trained: "We will see how he reacts."

"It’s too soon for Jordan, for sure.
Dejan had full team training yesterday. We will have to see how he reacts. He will be involved in training again if nobody tells me any different and then we have to make a decision.
He was out for four weeks and will have been training for three days."

Klopp on Sturridge: "No, he's not training. He was really ill. Now he has a strain in his hip muscle from a rehab session."
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 3, 2017, 01:39:25 pm »
Hendo out, Lovren doubtful. Oh dear, oh dear... :(
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 3, 2017, 02:01:52 pm »
My only concern is, for the last 4-5 years we struggle against teams in the lower half of the table who sit deep, put 11 men behind the ball and score a scruffy shit goal and beat us.

The list of teams who have done it to us is fucking 6 feet long.

I think we'll win, but 5-1? I think we'll win 2-1 but it'll be a very very hard game.

Leciester have played more games but having the manager gone may give them a lift.

Yes we've had a rest but having  15 days off, the lads may be rusty in terms of match speed although I doubt Jurgen will allow that.

It'll be a tight game. My point about the optimism thing, is if you predict anything other than a Liverpool massive win on here, you get slaughtered, regardless of any logic, research etc. You get fucking pelted. It's genuinely very very strange.

Agreed.

We also beat Hull at home quite comfortably and then got done away 2-0 and looked appalling.

We're on the same side. I've got stuff to do. Actual human, not internet maniac stuff to do. Liverpool 2-1. The end . 

I got banned for those two posts pre-leicester.

What a fucking c*nt I am.

Did a moderator tell you that you were banned for those posts?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 3, 2017, 02:04:50 pm »

Klopp on Sturridge: "No, he's not training. He was really ill. Now he has a strain in his hip muscle from a rehab session."
I've lost a lot of patience with sturridge, he has to go in the summer

He is on big money and there is always something wrong with him.

Everything has been done to get him back to normal and it has been a waste. Since we nearly won the league he has missed too many games to be relied upon

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 3, 2017, 02:07:02 pm »
I've lost a lot of patience with sturridge, he has to go in the summer

He is on big money and there is always something wrong with him.

Everything has been done to get him back to normal and it has been a waste. Since we nearly won the league he has missed too many games to be relied upon

Like I said in the Sturridge thread, the problem is both psychological and physical, I think.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 3, 2017, 02:17:47 pm »
Like I said in the Sturridge thread, the problem is both psychological and physical, I think.
inclined to agree

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #237 on: March 3, 2017, 02:19:07 pm »

really doubt it. at this stage it doesn't matter but its a pretty simple reality - his body has broken down and isn't suited to top level football. Its bad for him and bad for us but there's no need to try and layer on a mental / character problem to explain it. It happens. Happened to Torres, Owen, Kewell. Darren Anderton, Ledley King etc etc etc etc. It's part of football and its out tough shit its happened to one of our best players

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #238 on: March 3, 2017, 02:19:46 pm »

Yeah....but he's done now.

Actually ridiculous, and I'm one of his biggest fans, but good grief its literally never ending. Never known anything like it. I've known injury prone players, but never one who had so many new injuries. Literally keep him out a few weeks, then a few weeks, then a few weeks, then a few weeks. Eurgh.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #239 on: March 3, 2017, 02:37:36 pm »
No clowning around , just get stuck in