Author Topic: Adam Morgan  (Read 87532 times)

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Morgan
« Reply #560 on: February 11, 2013, 02:00:53 pm »
If that's true he's a proper bell end. Birds 18th who gives a shit!

Really? People lie a lot at workplace. Ask yourself how many times you've lied to make an excuse to be with your loved ones. I have, definitely. Doesn't make him a 'bell end' as you call him out to be. He's done a mistake and has been duly punished.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: February 11, 2013, 02:27:55 pm »
Really? People lie a lot at workplace. Ask yourself how many times you've lied to make an excuse to be with your loved ones. I have, definitely. Doesn't make him a 'bell end' as you call him out to be. He's done a mistake and has been duly punished.
But he's a Liverpool fan trying to make it as a Liverpool player and in a very fortunate position to be so whether he is in the first team or not.

Adam is a really good lad but if he has done that then he is an idiot. We criticised Ecclestone enough for it a few years ago when he did something similar. These lads are in an incredibly fortunate position and above all else, if one of my team mates at any team I had played in was telling us lies to miss a game I wouldn't have been happy.

I don't think it changes his prospects much at Liverpool though as I don't think he had much chance anyway and perhaps he has got that feeling himself and has got a bit down-hearted.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2013, 02:30:34 pm »
Agree with everything mate but calling him names doesn't help our cause. Let's just hope he learns well from this and appreciates that he is in a unique position compared to the rest of us and makes wise decisions that help his career.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: February 11, 2013, 02:33:54 pm »
Agree with everything mate but calling him names doesn't help our cause. Let's just hope he learns well from this and appreciates that he is in a unique position compared to the rest of us and makes wise decisions that help his career.
I haven't called him names and I like the lad a lot having seen him come through the last 5 years or so.

I suspect he has gone from feeling top of the world in the summer and early season when he got involved in the first team to the harsh reality of probably leaving the club he loves plus not ripping it up in Division 2 in his loan spell.

I said a while back that I had heard he had been told he could move elsewhere and I suspect that is the case.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: February 11, 2013, 02:34:10 pm »
If that story is true then that is absolutely staggering, that's the sort of trick you'd pull if you worked part time in Tesco, not if you're trying to make it as a footballer at Liverpool.

Fucking simpleton. He will have done himself no favours there apart from hasten his inevitable departure into lower league football.

I hope his missus gives good head.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: February 11, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »
I told my previous employers I couldn't work Sunday because I was at Church.

I never worked a Sunday in 2 years.

We all lie :D

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: February 11, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »
I haven't called him names and I like the lad a lot having seen him come through the last 5 years or so.

Not you BB, was the post above mine.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: February 11, 2013, 02:41:01 pm »
I told my previous employers I couldn't work Sunday because I was at Church.

I never worked a Sunday in 2 years.

We all lie :D
Not quite the same though is it. He "works" all week with a game at the end as the target. I would be slightly more sympathetic if he'd missed training for a daft excuse but either way it is wrong.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #568 on: February 11, 2013, 02:41:51 pm »
weve all done it but it doesnt go down well

i played for a bottom of the rung saturday league team, our best player said one saturday he couldnt go because he had something important with some band he was tryna make it with.

turned out he wasnt even in a band, he just said to watch a Liverpool United game, even for a bottom of the rung saturday league team it didnt go down well

im sure he'll learn from it.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:04 pm »
At the moment he really needs some minutes too considering he hasn't been playing much for Rotherham. Really stupid of him if true.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:50 pm »
I'm a bit surprised we wouldn't give him a day off for his partners 18th.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: February 11, 2013, 02:44:00 pm »

Xabi Alonso wasn't given time off to be with his wife during his child's birth. Partner's 18th pales in comparison.

Offline graaf_x

• Kopite
« Reply #572 on: February 11, 2013, 02:44:24 pm »
Well, it could have been worse, just ask Stephen Ireland  :)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #573 on: February 11, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »

Why should we?

If it's his partner then she should work the event around his football, not the football around her party.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: February 11, 2013, 02:46:15 pm »
Xabi Alonso wasn't given time off to be with his wife during his child's birth. Partner's 18th pales in comparison.

The fact that the lad is hanging out of a new bird every other week is another thing. Hardly his childhood sweetheart.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: February 11, 2013, 02:47:41 pm »
I hope that's a good bit of afternoon fishing from paddypower.

Rafa.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: February 11, 2013, 02:48:11 pm »
Why should we?

If it's his partner then she should work the event around his football, not the football around her party.

Just seems a mountain out of a molehill. I ask for time off on my birds birthday. Don't see any difference provided he's not needed for a match.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: February 11, 2013, 02:48:42 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised if that's it for him here. 

He'll be 19 in a few months, can't get into a team in League 2 and now this.  Bloody stupid thing to do.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: February 11, 2013, 02:49:17 pm »
Just seems a mountain out of a molehill. I ask for time off on my birds birthday. Don't see any difference provided he's not needed for a match.

He didn't. And was punished.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #579 on: February 11, 2013, 02:49:31 pm »

Am I being wooshed?!

He was needed for a match, it wasn't training he missed.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: February 11, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »

It is his work and he is paid pretty handsomely for doing so..

Most likely for a 18-year old he never asked and tried to pull a stunt..

Most people would have to weigh up their alternatives and act accordingly..

I have had fun stuff which I had to turn down for work..

I asked for the day off when my kids started school..  If work had turned it down, I'd fucked them off and left..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: February 11, 2013, 02:54:16 pm »
Am I being wooshed?!

Ah right, guess that'll teach me to read properly then!  :D

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:04 pm »
Am I being wooshed?!

We had no fit striker with Yesil out too. The fact he hasn't been playing for Rotherham and needed the game also. It's embarrassing.

Rafa.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:27 pm »

Um, yes he was. He didn't play in Milan against Inter. And numerous other times in recent years players have been excused to be with their partners at births of their children. Certainly Pepe has if I recall correctly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #584 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »
This is all a bit, erm, libellous..... is it not?

Is there any proof, or even reliable information, that this is what happened? If not, I'd hope we'd be a bit softer with an 18 year old.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #585 on: February 11, 2013, 02:56:16 pm »
But he's a Liverpool fan trying to make it as a Liverpool player and in a very fortunate position to be so whether he is in the first team or not.

Adam is a really good lad but if he has done that then he is an idiot. We criticised Ecclestone enough for it a few years ago when he did something similar. These lads are in an incredibly fortunate position and above all else, if one of my team mates at any team I had played in was telling us lies to miss a game I wouldn't have been happy.

I don't think it changes his prospects much at Liverpool though as I don't think he had much chance anyway and perhaps he has got that feeling himself and has got a bit down-hearted.

This.

If it was one of my mates who players for the local team I wouldn't criticise him as their are more important things in life than you local sunday team.

But with the oppurtunities Morgan has and his talent  it is fairly poor form out of him and a bad decision.He is lucky to be where he is.

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: February 11, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »

Not being overly malicious when I call him a bell end, I really like Morgan I know he'll be quality for us in the future, but he needs to get his priorities straight. I know he's only 18/19 and still a kid at heart, but somehow I couldn't imagine Luke Shaw, Sterling etc. doing that. Granted they are playing in their respective first teams, but if I were the reserve team manager I wouldn't be impressed. In fact, I wouldn't be impressed if anyone I managed in any walk of life lied to my face about something like that.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline irish musicman

• Anny Roader
    • bettersounds ireland
« Reply #587 on: February 12, 2013, 12:36:57 am »
I wonder is the fact that the younger lads get so much publicity these days part of the problem. Nobody knew Stevie,Carra,Owen or Fowler before they hit the first team. These days with the net, smart phones and all the social media there are so many distractions, and many of these young lads think they have already made it to the big time. They don't realize that its harder than ever to make it to the top as a pro footballer than it ever was. If it were me( unfortunately I was never blessed with the talent to make Sunday league, never mind Pro) my mind would be focused on getting in the LFC first team, plenty of time for "birds" later.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: February 12, 2013, 03:39:17 am »
Things are just stacking up against him recently. First the failed loan at Rotheram, now this... not so sure it bodes well for him.

Needs to start playing matches for the u21s again and start scoring on a consistent basis. He'll go nowhere if he can't do that.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2013, 06:18:37 am »
Needs to start playing matches for the u21s again and start scoring on a consistent basis.

I'm pretty sure he'll get games for the reserves again soon, with Ngoo on loan and Yesil injured.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2013, 10:26:00 am »
This is all a bit, erm, libellous..... is it not?

Is there any proof, or even reliable information, that this is what happened? If not, I'd hope we'd be a bit softer with an 18 year old.
His bird told me. If I was going to make up a libellous rumour it wouldn't be about Morgan.
The fact that the lad is hanging out of a new bird every other week is another thing. Hardly his childhood sweetheart.
::)

cyas

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #591 on: January 3, 2014, 01:28:54 am »
So he's actually not a Liverpool player any more?

What?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #592 on: January 3, 2014, 01:33:10 am »
So he's actually not a Liverpool player any more?

What?

Went a bit ago didn't he? Loan then full contract this month?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #593 on: January 3, 2014, 01:33:41 am »
Looks like the club loaned him out in December and Yeovil signed him permanently yesterday.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: January 3, 2014, 01:36:48 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSt3YGR-UP4&feature=youtu.be

Interview with him here with Yeovil talking about signing permanently.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: January 3, 2014, 01:38:59 am »
Good look to the lad.

Maybe he'll do a Lambert some years down the line, but I don't think short/medium term he had enough to offer us from what i'd seen. Could come good if he's playing regularly at a lower team for a couple years
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #596 on: January 3, 2014, 01:40:33 am »
Went a bit ago didn't he? Loan then full contract this month?

Yeah just read it on his wiki. I had no idea!

I thought it was just a loan, same as Robinson & Wisdom.

Good luck to him, really weird as I was expecting him to be here for a long time to come.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #597 on: January 3, 2014, 09:06:21 am »
i really had high hopes for this kid

good luck to him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: January 3, 2014, 10:53:06 am »
I'm sorry to say that I'm of the opinion that he won't make it.  Of course, I'd be delighted to eat some humble pie but, so far, I've never been wrong about a player.

Good luck Adam Morgan!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #599 on: January 3, 2014, 11:17:20 am »
Good luck to him