Author Topic: Capello to leave?!  (Read 66109 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Capello to leave?!
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 10:32:58 pm »
I think Harry would do a good job.

And I'd much rather have an Englishman in charge.

The Englishman thing I can understand but the last time England played one of one of the best teams in a tournament they got thoroughly outplayed. It's the same story year in year out where England fail at a major Championships. At the Euro's, they'll meet at least one decent side in the group and are likely to meet another one if they qualify from it. It's happened with Errikson, McLaren and Capello and at least 2 of them have a better CV than Redknapp. What makes you think it'd change with Redknapp in charge and how far do  you think you'd go?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline GREGtheRED

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 10:33:08 pm »
What an upgrade that would be; Capello out, Redknapp in. That would finally please the english fans.

Or not. Fantastic manager who doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I would've left years ago.

Out of interest, what kind of treatment? He's not being forced out of anywhere. He's been offered a job and in discussing it, its all in his hands.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:20 pm »
Out of interest, what kind of treatment? He's not being forced out of anywhere. He's been offered a job and in discussing it, its all in his hands.

I'm not talking about that. He's got a great winning percentage and have done a good job with a team that seem to be very split. Beating Germany or Spain just aint realistic, their team is better.

I'm talking about the treatment from the media and fans who have unrealistic expactations.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:50 pm »
I see no reason for him to move.

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:51 pm »
I think Harry would do a good job.

And I'd much rather have an Englishman in charge.

Capello's honors:

Milan

Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96
    Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
    UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94
    European Super Cup (1): 1994
    Coppa Italia Primavera (1): 1984–85

Roma

Serie A (1): 2000–01
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Juventus

Serie A (2): 2004–05, 2005–06 (both revoked)

Real Madrid

La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

'Arry's:

Bournemouth

Football League Division Three: 1986–87
    Football League Trophy: 1983–84

West Ham United

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Portsmouth

First Spell

Football League Division One: 2002–03

Second Spell

FA Cup: 2007-08
    Community Shield Runners up 2008

Tottenham Hotspur

Football League Cup Runners up 2009

Anybody thinks Redknapp can do better is out of their mind.
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2011, 10:37:10 pm »
Don't think he would quit just 8 months before the Euro.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Pride-Of-The-Midlands

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
  • Villa fan. England fan.
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »
Capello's honors:

Milan

Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96
    Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
    UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94
    European Super Cup (1): 1994
    Coppa Italia Primavera (1): 1984–85

Roma

Serie A (1): 2000–01
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Juventus

Serie A (2): 2004–05, 2005–06 (both revoked)

Real Madrid

La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

'Arry's:

Bournemouth

Football League Division Three: 1986–87
    Football League Trophy: 1983–84

West Ham United

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Portsmouth

First Spell

Football League Division One: 2002–03

Second Spell

FA Cup: 2007-08
    Community Shield Runners up 2008

Tottenham Hotspur

Football League Cup Runners up 2009

Clubs managed:

Capello - AC Milan, Real Madrid, Roma, Juventus

Redknapp - Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Tottenham

To simply compare trophies won is an unfair comparison.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2011, 10:41:35 pm »

Brian Woolnough. Ironically his head is big enough to have minds but he doesn't even have one.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2011, 10:42:38 pm »

I don't like Redknapp but managing a country is a different game to managing a club. With country a lot more can be down to how motivational the coach is and how much the players can relate to him. Of course this isn't the whole aspect to it, as Argentina found out with Maradona, but I think Redknapp has enough 'tactical nous' to do alright with England. He just fits England really. I don't think he'd ever actually win anything, but I reckon he could maybe get England to a semi. That's it though.

Redknapp's style of management and play suit England pretty perfectly in my opinion.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »

Club football is totally different to International football.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2011, 10:48:24 pm »
Club football is totally different to International football.

Haven't a lot of successful international managers in recent years won trophies at club level too?

Offline GREGtheRED

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 11:01:00 pm »
I'm not talking about that. He's got a great winning percentage and have done a good job with a team that seem to be very split. Beating Germany or Spain just aint realistic, their team is better.

I'm talking about the treatment from the media and fans who have unrealistic expactations.

Its an interesting viewpoint. Do you not think that the players deserve much more respect from the nation as well then?

So many on this forum, and in England as a whole, have a massive amount of apathy for England for the following reasons: lack of desire or pride, boring brand of football, can always be relied on to let us down in a big game.  Is this not showing a total lack of respect (just as a lack of respect is shown for Capello)?

As you say - as a group their win percentage is fairly good. For a group of limited ability, who lack cohesion, they perform fairly well in general, both in tournaments and in qualifying rounds.

Surely the England team deserve more support and respect (just as Capello does, I agree with you there) than they are currently recieving from the nation's football supporters?

Just one of those things I suppose. But an interesting point you made.

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2011, 11:15:07 pm »
Haven't a lot of successful international managers in recent years won trophies at club level too?

The last two World Cup-winning managers have been Lippi and Del Bosque, winners in Serie A, La Liga and the Champions League. Granted, it's not all down to just the managers, but it does help to have some success on your resume when going into these big tournaments.

I'm not saying Capello doesn't have his faults, but if anyone thinks Redknapp is automatically going to make England better in big tournament games is fooling themselves. The last couple of managers of England who happened to be English (Keegan, McLaren) struggled mightily in qualifying and it forced the FA to hire an expensive foreign option.

Be careful what you wish for ...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:26:15 pm by CarraG238 »
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2011, 11:17:33 pm »
Clubs managed:

Capello - AC Milan, Real Madrid, Roma, Juventus

Redknapp - Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Tottenham

To simply compare trophies won is an unfair comparison.
Exactly, and there is a BIG reason why Capello has managed the clubs that he has.
Just because he hasn't had much success with this bunch of over hyped nobs doesn't mean that he still is a damn good manager. Far better than the twitching scalded bollocked faced one could ever dream of being..

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2011, 11:18:08 pm »
Cappello has been awful, his club record means nothing
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2011, 11:19:50 pm »
Good. He's a great manager but his hearts not in the job and he's been phoning it in since before the World Cup. Can't blame him like cos he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone and I'd quite happily do a mediocre job and take a bit of stick from the media for Ł6m a year.

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2011, 11:20:26 pm »
Capello would do better than redknapp (and any other british manager). Who was the last british coach to lead england to both the euros and world cup?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2011, 11:20:52 pm »
Awful for England?
Or England are awful anyway and it wouldn't matter who was in charge?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:23:20 pm by Terry De Niro »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:11 pm »
Capello would do better than redknapp (and any other british manager). Who was the last british coach to lead england to both the euros and world cup?
Bobby Robson?

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »
Good. He's a great manager but his hearts not in the job and he's been phoning it in since before the World Cup. Can't blame him like cos he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone and I'd quite happily do a mediocre job and take a bit of stick from the media for Ł6m a year.

He's got plenty of money.  I think he's desperate to prove the english media and people wrong by winning the euros with this team.
Unfortunately, that's a mission impossible.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:32 pm »
Awful for England?
Or England are awful anyway and it would't matter who was in charge?

Given that Capello has been successful in his career prior to England and England haven't been successful with or without Capello, I'd say the latter.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:52 pm »
Or England are awful anyway and it would't matter who was in charge?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2011, 11:24:41 pm »
As an outsider, I think a lot of England's lack of success in recent years has been down to the role of the media. How long is it, that they had a manager who could do what he wanted without getting criticised or merely asked questions by the media? If they somehow learn to be patient and not criticise everything the manager does, no matter what it is, they might be successful. Redknapp could be one of those guys who gets an easy ride. I can't stand that twitchy c*nt, but he could be the one who doesn't get criticised after the first bad result/dreadful win. Knowing the likes of the S*n or the Daily Fail, he'd probably still get ripped apart... ;)

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2011, 11:26:02 pm »
If Capello leaves Ingurland, they can kiss goodbye to any chance of getting past the last 8 in the Euros.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2011, 11:26:35 pm »

He's woeful, I don't care what he's done at club level his tactical naivety, persistence with playing tried and tested failures on the international stage, not getting the best out of what he has and ignorance of players in form has been shocking!!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2011, 11:26:48 pm »
He's got plenty of money.  I think he's desperate to prove the english media and people wrong by winning the euros with this team.
Unfortunately, that's a mission impossible.

I really don't think he gives a fuck about proving himself to the English media.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 11:38:40 pm »
Capello pulled the same stunt with Inter Milan after qualifying for the World Cup. He's after some extra cash from England to stay.

He won't get an extension this time but he may get a bonus for completing his contract.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2011, 11:40:17 pm »
Capello pulled the same stunt with Inter Milan after qualifying for the World Cup. He's after some extra cash from England to stay.

He won't get an extension this time but he may get a bonus for completing his contract.

Can't Anzi offer him more than whatever England will, given their financial muscle?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »
Can't Anzi offer him more than whatever England will, given their financial muscle?
I doubt he really wants that job. He's not short of money, there's no aura attached to it and you have to live in Moscow and travel to the back of beyond every week.

He's just throwing it in there to squeeze his last drop of blood out of England.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2011, 11:44:21 pm »
I think Harry would do well with England to be honest. Ok he can't compete with the very best tactically, but the England team desperately needs a motivator who can put his arm around them and give them a kick up the arse when needed. Ultimately I doubt he'd win us anything, but he'd probably make England a pretty decent outfit again.

It's kinda the same with us. I think we're a pretty decent outfit again thanks to Harry, but I can't see us ever winning anything major with him in charge!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:46:52 pm by Tommy_W »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2011, 11:45:38 pm »
I doubt he really wants that job. He's not short of money, there's no aura attached to it and you have to live in Moscow and travel to the back of beyond every week.

He's just throwing it in there to squeeze his last drop of blood out of England.

Yeah maybe. Would love to see Redknapp in charge of them in a major tournament though.

Offline Pride-Of-The-Midlands

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
  • Villa fan. England fan.
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2011, 11:45:42 pm »
Exactly, and there is a BIG reason why Capello has managed the clubs that he has.
Just because he hasn't had much success with this bunch of over hyped nobs doesn't mean that he still is a damn good manager. Far better than the twitching scalded bollocked faced one could ever dream of being..

Yes, opportunity.

Capello's first job was AC Milan.

Redknapp's first job was Bournemouth.

Capello has had a massive head-start over Redknapp in his managerial career.

Redknapp has done very well to get to a point where a lot of people would rather have him as manager than Capello.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2011, 11:46:25 pm »
Every now and then it's nice that a thread like this comes along to remind us what a gang of twats England fans are :)

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:06 pm »
Fingers crossed, the bloke can hardly speak a word of English, so I wonder where one of the big problems why England fail is.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline GREGtheRED

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2011, 11:49:08 pm »
Every now and then it's nice that a thread like this comes along to remind us what a gang of twats England fans are :)

How boring and predictable.

You appear to be the only one to be acting like a twat in this thread mate. Your attack was needless. Because there are some who don't agree with you, they are twats? Or is it because some still dare to retain an interest in international football?

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2011, 11:51:20 pm »
Yeah maybe. Would love to see Redknapp in charge of them in a major tournament though.
There's too much made of these great tacticians at international tournaments.

The most important thing is to get your players to play to their individual potential. England have not managed that since 1996. They are too wrapped up in worrying about failure to do anything positive.

Bob Paisley couldn't manage this England side to win Euro 2012 so they should be taking a longer term view and binning the has-beens and getting the lads who could be successful in 3,5,7 years into the side now. Forget 2012, get the best young players in with about 3 or 4 senior players and let them play a tournament with zero pressure.

It's no coincidence that Rooney's best tournament was his first one.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2011, 11:54:34 pm »

You have got to love their cheery xenophobia, their anti-scouse songs, ('rather be a paki than a scouse!!') their persistant booing of opposition national anthems, their repeated unrealistic overhyping of team followed by crushing defeat and humiliation (see, penalties or Germany).

Actually I love Ingerlund!  ;D

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011, 11:55:17 pm »

How can he be after an extention when the FA have already stated that they arent renewing his contract, he knows he is gone. He is looking for another job and it makes sense to do it now, even if he doesnt leave until after the Euros, but it would be smarter to go now. It means he leaves England in reasonably good shape, he can say look I got you there, now its up to you and the FA have plenty of time to find a replacement.

It could also be coming more from the FA than him for that reason, as they know they arent keeping him after the Euros might as well  get shut now that qualification is in the bag, they can get someone new in who has a long enough time to put their own stamp on the team.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 11:56:29 pm »

haha

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2011, 11:56:30 pm »
Awful for England?
Or England are awful anyway and it wouldn't matter who was in charge?

He's a great club manager but that doesn't always transfer to international level, and I think he was just here for just one last massive pay day

I don't think we're awful by any means, we've got some excellent players. We're just not that sophisticated and need to stop trying to be a culture we're not. Get someone in to motivate them and we might see some better football and the odd semi final without shelling out huge indulgent multi million quid contracts for the biggest foreign names
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.