Author Topic: PL: Villa 1 - 2 Liverpool 20' Trezeguet 87' Robbo 90 + 4' Mane  (Read 60439 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: PL: Villa 1 - 2 Liverpool 20' Trezeguet 87' Robbo 90 + 4' Mane
« Reply #1000 on: November 4, 2019, 01:25:16 pm »
I remember the Roswell Incident
Yep, '47. What a season that was.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: November 4, 2019, 01:28:24 pm »
Very interested that John McGinn said our players were arguing amongst themselves during the 1st half. I’m quite reassured by that....they weren’t happy with how we were playing.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: November 4, 2019, 01:30:49 pm »
I remember the Roswell Incident

Yep, '47. What a season that was.

I think that was the season Vincent Kompany crash landed on Earth.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: November 4, 2019, 01:37:09 pm »
Not long ago, if we didn't score first,we wouldn't win, and if we started the game poorly then you know that it would be one of those days when nothing goes for us.

How times have changed :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1004 on: November 4, 2019, 01:39:00 pm »
yeah that was weird, very alien behaviour from Atkinson

Haha, well spotted. I can’t go a post without making a typo or the phone changing something.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1005 on: November 4, 2019, 02:08:25 pm »

In a weather balloon?  No wonder he was injured all the time.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1006 on: November 4, 2019, 02:15:36 pm »
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/premier-league-games-2-3-november.342995/page-26

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I’m sorry I know it’s petty but I’m loving every second of this. One of them is so full of fume he can’t even spell scouse bastards.

Fucking amazing. Couldn’t ask for a better Saturday afternoon I really couldn’t.

FUCK OFF YOU MANC c*nts
And the irony is that by spending time on their website and quoting it on here, you're lowering yourself nearer to their level...
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: November 4, 2019, 02:23:07 pm »
Not long ago, if we didn't score first,we wouldn't win, and if we started the game poorly then you know that it would be one of those days when nothing goes for us.

there's a determination in this team like I have never seen before, they will fight for this league until the bitter end

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: November 4, 2019, 02:47:45 pm »

Not sure if it's been said but it felt with Robbo's goal we'd learnt a lesson from Lallana at Old Trafford. Don't worry about celebrating the equalizer, put all your efforts into getting the winner. So long as the whistle hasn't blown, there's time.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: November 4, 2019, 02:54:27 pm »
Not sure if it's been said but it felt with Robbo's goal we'd learnt a lesson from Lallana at Old Trafford. Don't worry about celebrating the equalizer, put all your efforts into getting the winner. So long as the whistle hasn't blown, there's time.

Not sure, it's not like we spent ages celebrating, it was relatively quick, and we pressed for a winner afterwards too.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: November 4, 2019, 02:55:35 pm »
Not sure, it's not like we spent ages celebrating, it was relatively quick, and we pressed for a winner afterwards too.

After Lallana's knee slide Sadio was the one wrestling them back at OT,  absolute killer mentality.

Robbo just ran straight back to halfway. There was a difference.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: November 4, 2019, 03:00:19 pm »
After Lallana's knee slide Sadio was the one wrestling them back at OT,  absolute killer mentality.

Robbo just ran straight back to halfway. There was a difference.

I know but we're talking about seconds here, we still had time to push up for a winner, in fact we had scored earlier against the Mancs than we did against Villa. You make it sound like we were celebrating for 5 minutes  ;D

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: November 4, 2019, 03:04:50 pm »
I know but we're talking about seconds here, we still had time to push up for a winner, in fact we had scored earlier against the Mancs than we did against Villa. You make it sound like we were celebrating for 5 minutes  ;D

I'm not really sure that I did, but feel that we're discussing semantics rather than football again. I was glad to see Robertson run back to half way rather than knee slide. That's the sentiment I'm after here.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: November 4, 2019, 03:07:27 pm »
I'm not really sure that I did, but feel that we're discussing semantics rather than football again. I was glad to see Robertson run back to half way rather than knee slide. That's the sentiment I'm after here.

I understand that but this isn't the first time we've equalized late and then pushed to get a winner in injury time. That's happened numerous times so the Manc game didn't teach us ''oh no we need to stop celebrating and go and win''

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: November 4, 2019, 03:07:54 pm »
I understand that but this isn't the first time we've equalized late and then pushed to get a winner in injury time. That's happened numerous times so the Manc game didn't teach us ''oh no we need to stop celebrating and go and win''

Great. Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1015 on: November 4, 2019, 03:59:49 pm »
Separate threads then, perhaps? I honestly feel so sick and tired of people discussing the referees way more than they discuss the football, read through the thread and tell me I'm wrong. It's three posts about the ref for every one post about the football played. It's pointless and repetitive.
I don't mind discussion about the referees or decisions made, but its the conspiracy theories and suggestions of bias that do my head in - as if decisions are deliberately being made (or not being made) to discriminate against us.

It's a small time mentality and also overlooks the fact that we often gain as much as we lose over the course of a season. Even though it was widespread at one time in Italy, the chances of there being any actual refereeing corruption in this country are pretty much zero.

Incompetence? Yes. Corruption or anti-Liverpool? Get a grip.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 04:19:40 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #1016 on: November 4, 2019, 04:08:24 pm »
Oliver ref for City game.

Atkinson nowhwere near VAR.

Good news.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1017 on: November 4, 2019, 04:14:43 pm »

Good news.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: November 4, 2019, 04:15:56 pm »

Good news.

That's a great start to the week.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #1019 on: November 4, 2019, 04:21:22 pm »

After being chased across the universe by Joleon Lescott.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: November 4, 2019, 06:13:42 pm »
Dunno where to put this but well worth sharing. :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wQzME90JeZA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wQzME90JeZA</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1021 on: November 4, 2019, 07:09:20 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wQzME90JeZA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wQzME90JeZA</a>

Pellegrini, Hodgson and Dyche’s voice box :lmao

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: November 4, 2019, 08:51:03 pm »
I don't mind discussion about the referees or decisions made, but its the conspiracy theories and suggestions of bias that do my head in - as if decisions are deliberately being made (or not being made) to discriminate against us.

It's a small time mentality and also overlooks the fact that we often gain as much as we lose over the course of a season. Even though it was widespread at one time in Italy, the chances of there being any actual refereeing corruption in this country are pretty much zero.

As long as there are controversial decisions being and have been made- be it before or after the introduction of VAR, such controversies will dominate all football discussion. The media including the pundits thrive on it. It is what it is and unfortunately detracts from the football.
Disagree that things even themselves out over the season. Not sure why you think it is small time mentality. Tomkins, if I recall correctly, wrote a factual piece on this.
In regard to your view on corruption vs negligence- not sure on what basis you can rule out corruption. We simply do not know. After the Hansie Cronje, Lance Armstrong scandals- nothing can be off the table. Unfortunately, you just have to the track the record of some of the refs and it makes you wonder. The biggest travesty and one way blowing I have ever seen was Riley in the Man Utd v Arsenal game where Reyes was systematically taken out. Rooney got a non existent penalty. Then you have Webb, Atkinson.
Atkinson and his VAR team got caught out and there should be an investigation or repercussions. The integrity of the VAR system is being questioned and could have long lasting ramifications.
We simply do not know if there is corruption but to dismiss it out of hand as not possible in the English game is, with respect, naive. England were quick to call FIFA corrupt and rightly so but at the same time to believe that the English FA is immune from such possibility is nonsensical. Call me a pessimist but I doubt that there is any governing body that is corrupt free. You need look no further than your government of the 80’s.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 08:53:22 pm by nico 8 »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1024 on: November 4, 2019, 09:43:25 pm »
Apologies if a repost..

https://mobile.twitter.com/kierend88/status/1191402808920223744
Karma. Well done to the company for sacking the vile piece of shit.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1025 on: November 4, 2019, 10:25:33 pm »

Separate issues.

Is there widespread incompetence in English refereeing? Absolutely.

Is there an anti-Liverpool agenda amongst referees? I haven't seen the data to suggest it.

Is there corruption? I'd say the answer is 'it depends'. If by 'corruption', you're referring to officials being paid under the table to change the outcome of the game in a team's favour, again, I haven't see the data to suggest it and that would be very hard to prove. If we're talking about officials intervening in the game to protect their own arses, because the system incentivises them to do so, I think that's pretty clear from the Atkinson incident, as just one example of a wider pattern. And in a way that's not much less concerning than money exchanging hands.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1026 on: November 4, 2019, 10:30:42 pm »

In the interest of fairness the idea that things even themselves out over the course of a season is absolute bullshit.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1027 on: November 4, 2019, 10:47:17 pm »

I love these.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1028 on: November 4, 2019, 11:31:02 pm »
Sorry. What's the motivation for any of the ruling bodies not wanting us to win? Maybe 'bought' by Abu Dhabi but I'm suspecting not.
Over the course of 38 games, bad decisions may not completely even themselves out. But I don't think they are stacked against us either. The controversy over the recent mane penalty. Sure we all think it's stonewall, but most not connected with lfc think it's at least debatable and we got given it
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1029 on: November 4, 2019, 11:45:36 pm »
In the interest of fairness the idea that things even themselves out over the course of a season is absolute bullshit.

Let's unpack this.

Are we saying that the decisions don't even out over the course of the season because that's not how probability works in practice, or are we saying there's some anti-Liverpool agenda?

Because I'd agree with the first part, but the second part we'd have to see more compelling evidence.

i.e. if someone, or some people, undertook an analysis of every contentious decision in every Liverpool game across multiple seasons (probably at least 3-5 to overcome sample size effects), compared the decisions across different referees (to understand if there are referee effects for/against Liverpool), and to be really helpful, compared those results with the results we get in European competitions. And if all of that comes up saying one, some or all of the referees have an anti-Liverpool bias, then we'd have a case.

But that's the level of analysis required before we want to start claiming anti-Liverpool bias.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1030 on: November 5, 2019, 11:38:13 am »
I was away at the weekend, so didn't watch the game and was just trying to follow via updates and Twitter really. Gosh, what a fucking bizarre and shit way to follow the football. Got two texts from my Husband going mental for 1-2 and my first instinct was to phone him and check it wasn't contentious or going to go to VAR before even allowing myself to celebrate or get excited. Never again.

But what a team. What a group of lads. WHAT A MENTALITY.

They are all absolutely phenomenal - never panicking, never giving up, never allowing themselves to be beaten.

I am sure some of us were writing this game off and thinking at one stage 'we beat City and we are back to 6 points again' but these lads have other ideas.

Mane has elevated himself to a level I didn't think he had in him. The consistency he is showing is brilliant.

I had to watch United do this again and again and again, growing up. It's not luck - it is just the sign of a good team, with a killer attitude.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #1031 on: November 5, 2019, 11:50:51 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EB4HBve3PbA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EB4HBve3PbA</a>

Christ, their fans are a proper bunch of inbred nonces aren't they. Makes it all the sweeter to have scored a 94th minute winner against these lot.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: November 5, 2019, 12:10:56 pm »
That plumber though.
I can never get offended by anything someone that thick writes. I just get depressed that as a society we are breeding people so monumentally stupid, and them giving them a voice.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1033 on: November 5, 2019, 12:50:00 pm »
Tell you what some of the "Corrupt" "Cheat" shouts about refs and VAR on here are Everton levels of delusion.

Rank incompetence, certainly.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1034 on: November 5, 2019, 01:08:02 pm »
Let's unpack this.

Are we saying that the decisions don't even out over the course of the season because that's not how probability works in practice, or are we saying there's some anti-Liverpool agenda?

Because I'd agree with the first part, but the second part we'd have to see more compelling evidence.

i.e. if someone, or some people, undertook an analysis of every contentious decision in every Liverpool game across multiple seasons (probably at least 3-5 to overcome sample size effects), compared the decisions across different referees (to understand if there are referee effects for/against Liverpool), and to be really helpful, compared those results with the results we get in European competitions. And if all of that comes up saying one, some or all of the referees have an anti-Liverpool bias, then we'd have a case.

But that's the level of analysis required before we want to start claiming anti-Liverpool bias.

The problem is that certain match officials have been designated as the elite.
It is very much a closed group, and within that group certain officials get to do more “high profile” games.
Some seem to be stuck in the assistant role
Sian Massey has been competently running the line for years without being given the chance to actually referee. I assume there are several others, (including the dickhead from the Spurs debacle a couple of years ago) who seem to be unable to break the clique.
Those who have made it to the top table, seem impervious to criticism.
Howard Webb was shite. Virtually every game I saw him referee whether Liverpool were involved or not, he made a major error. He usually shit out of decisive action. I still say he shit out of sending off Costa In the first minute at Chelsea  a decision that summed him up to a T.
After that World Cup final where he did precisely that, he should have been asked to hang up his whistle at the top level.
Instead he was still touted as the English version of Collina. Bald headed Poster boy for the FA.
(Look how many refs shaved their heads after Collina made it cool)
We saw on Saturday, the unedifying sight of John Moss rolling around the pitch like a settee on casters, there is no way he could be classed as fit yet he seems to pass the fitness tests.
Atkinson has had a shocking week -I see Spurs have appealed the Son red card, and rightly so. He was shit at OT, he was shocking on our VAR, and was shown up in the Everton game.
There were numerous incidents where he clearly got things wrong.
I know Richarlison makes it hard for refs with his diving around, but there were a couple of times I thought he got nailed. Similarly Son was denied a penalty early in the second half. If you look at the incident, where the defender slides into Son, he was lucky to get away without a knee injury, yes he was theatrical but he was fouled and the challenge ‘had the potential to injure” him. He shit his shorts when he saw the injury to Andre Gomes and appeared more concerned about sending Son off than the injured player.
Into the mix we add Andy@Allertons mate. Taylor.
Again, we are told he is good young referee (bald as well👍) when in fact he is crap.
Another one who seems to have been trained in the art of the non controversial response to key incidents. (See  Kompany v Salah last season for evidence)

As we are a top side we are given the so called “top officials” more often than not for our games. With our red specs on we see the injustices and point to bias, when in fact the problem is not bias but the abysmal level of the top officials in the country.
Remember our refs are paid somewhere in the region of £100k a year, yet were not able to produce one for the World Cup.
That Mike Riley is in charge of a private company contracted to provide elite officials, possible explains why the elite clique are not challenged.
Even the fact that TV refs spend their time finding reasons to explain some frankly bizarre decisions shows the way in which the myth of “elite” officials is maintained.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2019, 01:11:47 pm by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1035 on: November 5, 2019, 01:35:14 pm »
Let's unpack this.

I’m not saying there’s an anti lfc agenda across the board I just don’t think you can rely on getting decisions go for you one minute when you’ve had the shit end of a stick just so they are evened out. Is there any evidence to suggest that happens?

The officials are incompetent in this league that’s for sure. it’s as obvious as priest on a mountain of sugar.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: November 5, 2019, 02:18:18 pm »
I love that Firmino was being blatantly and clearly strangled on the Mane goal. I mean worse than Skrtel levels. I guess the goal prevented anything from being called (including high boot to Manes face) - and I guess I’m glad we didn’t need to find out.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #1037 on: November 5, 2019, 03:33:48 pm »
I love that Firmino was being blatantly and clearly strangled on the Mane goal. I mean worse than Skrtel levels. I guess the goal prevented anything from being called (including high boot to Manes face) - and I guess I’m glad we didn’t need to find out.

;D

The way VAR performed this gameweek I doubt we would've gotten fuck all. Should've been a red for the high boot on Mane anyway no?