Author Topic: PL: Villa 1 - 2 Liverpool 20' Trezeguet 87' Robbo 90 + 4' Mane  (Read 60695 times)

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Villa 1 - 2 Liverpool 20' Trezeguet 87' Robbo 90 + 4' Mane
« Reply #800 on: November 2, 2019, 11:24:01 pm »
10 points from losing positions is something , but is it also a concern we’re in that position?

Nah

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #801 on: November 2, 2019, 11:26:39 pm »
10 points from losing positions is something , but is it also a concern we’re in that position?

The only slight concern is maybe not finishing off our many chances, but that is going to change. Once we get this ruddy international break out of the way we will have an uninterrupted run and a chance to gain our natural rhythm and hopefully the goals will come then. Someone is going to be on the end of a thrashing before long.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: November 2, 2019, 11:28:16 pm »

It's part of football, winning the game is all that matters.  If the next five matches we go behind 1-0 and win 4-1, its irrelevant.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #803 on: November 2, 2019, 11:29:55 pm »
Did Pep Guardiola just call Mane a diver on MOTD?!

I don't really like that.

And neither do I like our supporters throwing bricks on their team bus. However, eggs and ice-creams are ok.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #804 on: November 2, 2019, 11:31:11 pm »

The four games we’ve gone behind in are Newcastle and Spurs at home and United and Villa away. Both goals at Anfield we’re freak goals in their own ways and we were good value for the win. You could argue that both goals conceded away game when we were a bit sluggish and you could see them coming but in both games we forced our way back in through sheer will and a better second half showing. Another few minutes and I think we’d have done to United what we did to Villa.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: November 2, 2019, 11:32:17 pm »
Because the line used isn't accurate. It isn't lined up with Firmino's shoulder. If you take the image used and zoom in, you can clearly see there is arm between the line and his armpit/shoulder.
You are correct, the VAR line is calcutated in a similar fashion as I calculate when I am giving driver's directions. Through no faukt of my own I miss out roads I take for granted as not being the first left. Or direct a delivery lorry over the footpath at the end of the cul-de-sac to my friend Effes house which is by the zoo, which has resulted in more smashed bollards, and the thing with the bridge, that I can shake a foot at. Or an armpit, as this afternoon proves.

I have heard that VAR is going to be brought in on zebra crossings?
I
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: November 2, 2019, 11:37:01 pm »

Yes, I would think so. Only if I had to be ultra critical because we're amazing.  I'm sure that's being talked about . You have to be a perfectionist if you want to be the best. If you're at the top you need to close off all possible chink to kick on.  We do need to see more clean sheets. I mean, we're a team and a half, but imagine we get that defensive steel back too.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: November 2, 2019, 11:43:10 pm »
We are good, we shouldn't need anything to fill out a statement but we are an alphabet of asterisks of good.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #808 on: November 2, 2019, 11:48:04 pm »
this win in the flow might have been the best one yet, damn that was a good one. That Mane goals impossible by physics man.

https://youtu.be/dByBJdbrtBs?t=40
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: November 2, 2019, 11:55:14 pm »
I can't understand how people think they deserve something from a game when your whole gameplan is to have eleven men jumping up and down on the goal line for 80 minutes.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: November 2, 2019, 11:56:33 pm »
You are correct, the VAR line is calcutated in a similar fashion as I calculate when I am giving driver's directions. Through no faukt of my own I miss out roads I take for granted as not being the first left. Or direct a delivery lorry over the footpath at the end of the cul-de-sac to my friend Effes house which is by the zoo , which has resulted in more smashed bollards, and the thing with the bridge, that I can shake a foot at. Or an armpit, as this afternoon proves.

I have heard that VAR is going to be brought in on zebra crossings?
I

Poor guy, I wonder if he can read RAWK in jail ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #811 on: November 3, 2019, 12:02:49 am »
x G Var x G Var .

What matters most we got 3 points la.

What is this x G bollocks anyway ?  No .. infact please don't telI us as I feel I don't really need to know.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: November 3, 2019, 12:05:31 am »
this win in the flow might have been the best one yet, damn that was a good one. That Mane goals impossible by physics man.

https://youtu.be/dByBJdbrtBs?t=40

Back and to the left... back and to the left..

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #813 on: November 3, 2019, 12:08:03 am »
Just posted in Trent's thread David Maddock's tweet that Trent has only lost eleven matches in his first 100 for Liverpool (3 in the last 55 games!). Keep it going Trent.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #814 on: November 3, 2019, 12:39:13 am »
Premier League

@premierleague
Liverpool's Roberto Firmino was flagged offside before putting the ball in the net against Aston Villa and the decision was confirmed by VAR

The red line signifies Firmino and was aligned to his armpit, which was marginally ahead of the last Villa defender#AVLLIV

Oh fuck right off. Offside armpit

That downward broke red line doesn't even hit the solid red line. It hits the blue one.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: November 3, 2019, 12:52:09 am »
The line on his shoulder looks like it’s in the right place to me

I do agree that the line down looks odd to the naked eye, however i suppose it comes back to the point that if you assume they have tested this software you have to go with what it says.

It was lined up by a human. There’s a video of it being done where it’s being moved around until they decided on a point. There were lines to help them make the judgement, but it doesn’t mean they got it right.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #816 on: November 3, 2019, 12:55:34 am »
That downward broke red line doesn't even hit the solid red line. It hits the blue one.
It doesn't go straight down either

Criminally wrong decision, but it's all a Redshite conspiracy and the FA want us to win the title init
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: November 3, 2019, 01:02:45 am »
Horrible horrible VAR.
YNWA

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #818 on: November 3, 2019, 01:17:25 am »
I guess the line should´ve been drawn from the middle of the yellow line.
But Hey! it´s atkinson.

Still won, 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

but VAR is really fucking the game up . . .  :no

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #819 on: November 3, 2019, 01:20:43 am »
I can forgive a linesman who is trying to make a split second decision. That's the main reason why VAR was brought in......to check those close decisions that are hard to get right.

What I cannot believe is that even with slow motion replays, VAR still finds a way to get it wrong.

Nah the whole point is that the assistant refs have been instructed not to make split second decisions. They have been instructed to let the play go and let VAR make the decision on offsides. If a player is clearly 5 yards offside then raise your flag. If there is a possibility of human error then let it go and let VAR make the decision.

The decision to let things go was made because as soon as you raise the flag and the ref sees it then the game is stopped. The assistant Ref doesn't follow the laws of the game and he makes a decision that is then backed up by the VAR officials because there is an element of doubt.

If there is no flag then there is no way that the goal is ruled out because it is such a tight decision.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
« Reply #820 on: November 3, 2019, 02:10:14 am »
Watch it again.
VAR decision worth laughing at.
86th minute and we’re  the only team that wants to win it.
Every fookin hand to the pump - brilliant team effort.
Brilliant team.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #821 on: November 3, 2019, 02:37:15 am »
At this rate I might celebrate the next comfortable win against relegation fodder like we just won the Champions League again. Another incredible, amazing 3 points today, but the next 3 points we get without taking a toll on my mental well being will be worthy of a champagne-shower.

Hope Mane keeps refusing to let us lose for the rest of the season.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: November 3, 2019, 03:06:51 am »
Hope our defending from set-pieces improves. Hendo being left with 3 players to mark had a goal written all over it.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: November 3, 2019, 03:09:59 am »
Hope our defending from set-pieces improves. Hendo being left with 3 players to mark had a goal written all over it.

Are you fishing? How many goals have conceded from set pieces in the last 12 months?We defend them better than anyone

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #824 on: November 3, 2019, 03:16:25 am »

Our defending from set pieces is unreal.

From wide areas we hold a line and we are incredible at doing it. Today the pundits come up with the usual zonal marking bullshit. That sounds great except there isn't a single team on the planet who would be daft enough to go man to man from a wide free kick.

As for Hendo he wasn't left with 3 players he was left with no players because we were always going to push out and hold a line.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #825 on: November 3, 2019, 03:27:32 am »
It's a new golden period of football when armpit and offside are in the same sentence.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #826 on: November 3, 2019, 03:33:45 am »
I'm not sure what's going to come sooner - Liverpool winning the league or me having heart failure.

That's 3 games in a week we've gone behind and ended up winning, and twice scoring goals in the 94th minute.

This team and manager. Fucking hell.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: November 3, 2019, 03:42:00 am »
Would be nice to see some clean sheets soon. Allison will be getting itchy feet.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: November 3, 2019, 03:47:38 am »
Did Pep Guardiola just call Mane a diver on MOTD?!

Ferguson mind tricks and it's not even Bommy night.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #829 on: November 3, 2019, 03:56:04 am »
I'm not sure what's going to come sooner - Liverpool winning the league or me having heart failure.

That's 3 games in a week we've gone behind and ended up winning, and twice scoring goals in the 94th minute.

This team and manager. Fucking hell.

Liverpool winning mate...

Took a look at Man City's December fixtures --- and they are going to have a lot of work to do.  And while ours will be busy, if we beat this lot at Anfield --- you could see fatigue, injury and anxiety set in.... 

I try not to blow too much sunshine, but I think we could really stick them in a hole of their own making

NOV

@ Liverpool next Sunday
Chelsea - 11/23 * after Int'l break
Shaktar - 11/26
@ Newcastle 11/30 * lost last time there

DEC

@ Burnley 12/3
Man United 12/7
@ Dinamo Z 12/11
@ Arsenal 12/15
Leicester 12/21 * barely won this last year
@ Wolves 12/27
Sheffield United 12/29

Jan

Everton 1/1
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #830 on: November 3, 2019, 04:07:33 am »
https://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan/status/1190688699849302017

Have to watch MOTD later

I don't know who was on commentary but when Mane's goal went it, he was shouting "Pacesetters! Heartbreakers!"

Loved that. Heartbreakers. So apt :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #831 on: November 3, 2019, 04:49:33 am »
Liverpool winning mate...

Took a look at Man City's December fixtures --- and they are going to have a lot of work to do.  And while ours will be busy, if we beat this lot at Anfield --- you could see fatigue, injury and anxiety set in.... 

I try not to blow too much sunshine, but I think we could really stick them in a hole of their own making

NOV

@ Liverpool next Sunday
Chelsea - 11/23 * after Int'l break
Shaktar - 11/26
@ Newcastle 11/30 * lost last time there

DEC

@ Burnley 12/3
Man United 12/7
@ Dinamo Z 12/11
@ Arsenal 12/15
Leicester 12/21 * barely won this last year
@ Wolves 12/27
Sheffield United 12/29

Jan

Everton 1/1

Go 9 clear and I reckon they start to unravel, you can see it in them already they’re wound up tighter than something that’s wound up super fucking tight.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #832 on: November 3, 2019, 04:59:00 am »
I said it in some other thread but we win next week and they could realistically be 4th going into the international break, with a game against Chelsea right after, who'd be above them

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: November 3, 2019, 06:38:53 am »
The clip by Andy Gray is proof if you ever needed that VAR wish to always prove the officials right. Had the flag stayed down VAR would not have overturned the decision imo.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #835 on: November 3, 2019, 07:05:06 am »
Not many things in life more boring than VAR discussions.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: November 3, 2019, 07:13:47 am »

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #837 on: November 3, 2019, 07:14:42 am »
We are beating City next weekend. 3-1 to the reds.
Already pissing about in Pep's mind. I'm sure of that!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: November 3, 2019, 07:23:59 am »
The clip by Andy Gray is proof if you ever needed that VAR wish to always prove the officials right. Had the flag stayed down VAR would not have overturned the decision imo.

Think this is basically it.

People scream corruption but I think the majority of the time it’s a bunch of sad little boys who have a monopoly over their profession which they don’t want to be threatened.

I suppose that is corrupt in a way but not in the way that people think it is.

That Gray clip is absolutely insane and how Atkinson keeps his job after that, which he inevitably will, is fucking beyond me.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #839 on: November 3, 2019, 07:32:47 am »
To be in a losing position from time to time is part of football.
To win from it, is what we want.