Author Topic: Adam Morgan  (Read 19939 times)

Offline stanleyparkmudonmyboots

• Main Stander
  • 78 then the 26
Adam Morgan
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:17:22 am »
Was watching the FA Cup the other night and noticed Adam was playing for Curzon Ashton. Great things were expected of him when he first broke through I seem to remember him scoring in a pre season friendly in the States.However since leaving us he seems to have a number of clubs In quick succession, each one a lower level from the last. Anyone shed any light on what has happened with the lad?
Tinaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Adam Morgan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 09:50:44 am »
As with many youth players, just failed to make that step up from being a very good youth player to a good adult player.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:37:25 pm »
Wasn't he a bit of a Billy big bollocks?

Was never convinced about him, great at sticking ball in net but couldn't hack the tactical and technical progression that comes with facing older players.

At least he's settled somewhere and can hopefully work his way up the leagues.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:44:28 pm »
He's been released by two non-league clubs for disciplinary issues iirc, and seems to have failed to impress for anyone since leaving our reserve setup.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's failed to adapt mentally to the level he's at, with it being such a step down from where he'd hoped to be.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 12:50:15 pm »
He didn't strike me as someone with the technical ability to make it very far. I was aware of the hype around him but was thoroughly disappointed when I actually watched him play. And of course, there were rumours about his attitude too.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 09:19:29 am »
from Wiki;

Club career - Liverpool

A product of the Liverpool Youth Academy, Morgan garnered attention for his goalscoring exploits during the 2010–11 FA Premier Academy League Group C season. Morgan scored 18 goals in 16 games, making him Liverpool's leading goalscorer, including a run of scoring in each of 12 consecutive games towards the end of the season. Robbie Fowler commented that "as a finisher he is probably one of the best I've seen for a long, long time." Morgan's efficiency in front of goal brought him a debut for the Liverpool Reserves on 12 April 2011 against Bolton Wanderers, in which Morgan netted the only goal of the game.

On 1 July 2011, it was announced that Morgan had signed a contract extension at Anfield to keep him at the club until June 2014.[3] In the 2011–12 season, Morgan split his time between the under 18s and the Reserves. The bulk of his appearances came for the under-18s where he again top-scored with 13 goals in 21 games. He appeared 17 times for the Reserves, netting five times- three of which came in nine NextGen Series games.

Morgan was taken on Liverpool's pre-season tour of the USA by new manager Brendan Rodgers in July 2012. On 21 July, Morgan scored his first senior goal for Liverpool in the friendly against Toronto FC, slotting in a goal-bound shot from Raheem Sterling. Morgan appeared in the second game of the tour against Roma, before being handed his first senior start against Tottenham Hotspur on 28 July 2012. On 23 August 2012, he made his senior debut for the club, coming on as an 90th-minute substitute in a UEFA Europa League qualifying match against Hearts, replacing Fabio Borini in a 1–0 win. The following week, he started his first competitive match in the return fixture in which he had seemed to have scored his first official goal for Liverpool but it was ruled out as the ball had already gone out of play.

On 19 September, Morgan was one of the clutch of teenagers to travel to Switzerland to play Young Boys in a Europa League group game, but didn't make the 18-man squad. On 8 November, Morgan started the group game loss against Anzhi Makhachkala, playing 61 minutes before being replaced by Daniel Pacheco. On 19 August, Morgan scored once in a 4–2 win against rivals Manchester United at the Salford City Stadium in an under 21's league game.

Colwyn Bay

Morgan joined Northern Premier League Premier Division side Colwyn Bay in March 2016. His registration was cancelled in April 2016 after failing to turn up to a game.
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 06:39:06 pm »
Wasn't he a bit of a Billy big bollocks?

Was never convinced about him, great at sticking ball in net but couldn't hack the tactical and technical progression that comes with facing older players.

At least he's settled somewhere and can hopefully work his way up the leagues.

He's never really had a chance anywhere. Clubs take him on loan and don't play him. There's got to be something attitude related but a lot of it could just be impatience for not getting a chance.

Technically he wasn't good enough for the top level, but he's a goalscorer with good positioning. Ability wise he should be able to make it pro somewhere if he looks after himself, or at the least be a good semi-pro player.

He needs a manager to show faith in him and give him a long run in the team. If he gets that he will score goals. I remember how eager he was to impress Rodgers on that Being Liverpool pre season tour (even used as an example to Sterling) so he has hunger. Maybe he's failed to get over not making it with us.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:40:44 pm by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 06:42:22 pm »
Big things expected of the lad, thats why my feet are on the ground with our present prospects.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 06:42:49 pm »
Scored again today by the way.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 04:07:39 pm »
I got absolutely SLAUGHTERED in a thread when I said he'd never make with us.

90% perspiration and all that!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 05:19:04 pm »
Re: Colwyn Bay and not showing up to a match

Honestly, if I had been played in competitive matches 4 years ago for Liverpool FC, then found myself playing in the 7th tier of league football, I'd be depressed too.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 08:22:19 pm »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 11:38:58 pm »
Re: Colwyn Bay and not showing up to a match

Honestly, if I had been played in competitive matches 4 years ago for Liverpool FC, then found myself playing in the 7th tier of league football, I'd be depressed too.
Was thinking the same mate. I mean we can say all sorts having never been in that position, but it must be difficult.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 07:12:36 pm »
Was thinking the same mate. I mean we can say all sorts having never been in that position, but it must be difficult.

He'd probably spent 8/9 years working his way up through the ranks of the club and then, suddenly, he's out the door. It takes a lot to overcome that type of rejection, some have the mental strength and go on to have a career, some will give up.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 10:24:28 am »
Adam Morgan is speaking with Neil Mellor towards the end of this podcast & talks about how his career has gone from LFC to Curzon.

https://5times.co.uk/podcasts/

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 11:49:01 am »
The lad's never had a fair chance anywhere. This is the first time he's been given a run games and he's banging them in for Curzon. If he gets games he'll score. He's a natural goalscorer. He might not have the technique or speed for the Premier League but he can make a good career lower down.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 03:13:21 pm »
Two more for Adam in a 4-2 home win over Halifax yesterday.

That drum though  :boxhead

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w6-kbypsqpA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w6-kbypsqpA</a>

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 04:00:51 pm »
Reading the articles there it's sad what happened to him after getting a few games for us, the lad just couldn't catch a break. I hope he makes it in the professional game because he's one of many of that team who I thought would (Flanno,Wisdom,Robinson, Coady,Suso,Sterling, Ince). They're all Championship or Premier League/Serie A players.  Morgan can make a good career in the football league if he keeps his head together and gets a break. At the least he could be a good player in the conference at a local side like Southport or Chester.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:02:28 pm by Bitter Mug »

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 04:52:25 pm »
Kinda feel sorry for him, massive free fall in his career, he was deffo never Premiership lvl but he wasn't bad either, he could 100% play at League 1 standard at least from what he showed in his short stint at senior level and some of the youth games I heard about.

However it also needs colossal effort, not just hoping he'll make it back, he will have to apply himself big time and train by himself on non-training days and throw money into a trainer and an agent otherwise he won't go places

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 04:53:45 pm »
Another interview with Morgan, who's scored 5 goals in 5 matches for Curzon Ashton:

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-11-30/ex-liverpool-starlet-adam-morgan-starting-again-after-head-going/

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 11:56:42 pm »
Reading this, it really looks like he's in a good environment at Curzon Ashton: https://twitter.com/AMorgan94/status/803741252948819969

For a guy who probably needed a arm round his shoulder after falling through the leagues, I'm sure that kind of thing means a lot. No wonder he's started scoring goals again.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #21 on: December 1, 2016, 09:06:44 am »
had high hopes for him but things didnt happen

hope he is happy with whatever he is doing
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 1, 2016, 03:58:41 pm »
I was going to go and watch their game against AFC Wimbledon this weekend until I realised it was on Sunday at 12pm. Not missing Liverpool to go watch them.

Offline PaintItRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: December 3, 2016, 11:46:42 pm »
Adam Morgan content with Curzon Ashton after Liverpool rejection

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/03/adam-morgan-curzon-ashton-liverpool-afc-wimbledon-fa-cup?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Nice piece on Adam Morgan and the struggles he faced.
Bill Shankly:

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

In my time at Anfield we always said we had the two best teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25 on: December 4, 2016, 11:22:20 am »
That's a really good interview.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 4, 2016, 12:05:49 pm »
He's just smashed an absolute rocket into the top corner after 30 seconds! Curzon 1-0 up.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 4, 2016, 12:24:27 pm »
Just scored his second.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 4, 2016, 12:25:31 pm »
This is insane. I was supposed to go to this game today too.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 4, 2016, 12:27:40 pm »
Lad's on fire!

Great to see he's found his mojo again. Won't be at Curzon Ashton much longer if he keeps this up.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 4, 2016, 12:31:13 pm »
Lad's on fire!

Great to see he's found his mojo again. Won't be at Curzon Ashton much longer if he keeps this up.

He'll be gone at the end of the season. There's lesser quality strikers playing in the league above and league two.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 4, 2016, 12:34:02 pm »
Put a big smile on my face seeing he had bagged two. After all those interviews it was inevitable. Hope he gets the hat trick

I he can bag 20+ by end of season should be able to bypass conference and get picked up by league 1/2 side

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 4, 2016, 12:35:20 pm »
Made up for him. The goals showcase what he's good at as well. Got a great left foot (first goal) and great movement and positioning in the box (second goal). Watching him at Liverpool I felt those qualities would see him make it at least in the football league, but the lad has had a rough time with not getting a fair crack anywhere and the devastation of the way his Liverpool exit went. Rodgers talked him up, gave him first team games and then basically told him to do one because you're not good enough, all in the space of a few months. That fucked him up.

Needs to choose his next club wisely.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2016, 12:37:11 pm by Bitter Mug »

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 4, 2016, 12:43:46 pm »
Made up for him. The goals showcase what he's good at as well. Got a great left foot (first goal) and great movement and positioning in the box (second goal). Watching him at Liverpool I felt those qualities would see him make it at least in the football league, but the lad has had a rough time with not getting a fair crack anywhere and the devastation of the way his Liverpool exit went. Rodgers talked him up, gave him first team games and then basically told him to do one because you're not good enough, all in the space of a few months. That fucked him up.

Needs to choose his next club wisely.

Stop ya whining man.

Anyway, delighted for him, seems a brilliant lad. And to good for that level if he's committed enough.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 4, 2016, 12:46:23 pm »
if Vardy did it, so can he :P

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 4, 2016, 12:46:49 pm »
He'll be gone at the end of the season. There's lesser quality strikers playing in the league above and league two.

Haha, he's just lobbed the keeper from 40 yards but offside. He'll be back playing for us the way he's going  ::)

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 4, 2016, 12:46:59 pm »
Amazed he's playing at such a low level.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 4, 2016, 01:19:08 pm »
if Vardy did it, so can he :P

he can do a rickie lambert too ;D

his first was an absolute stunner as well.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 4, 2016, 01:26:38 pm »
Hat trick 3 nil!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan