Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 340267 times)

Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2520 on: April 12, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »
Of course they have diffrent methods, again you havent read the Roan tweet by the looks of it. The inferance is that Bruckner modern style didnt fit in with Kennys traditional ways. I think that is bollocks.

As for it being a typical RAWK response....thanks Mate I am going up in the world.
Removing a top figure in that department is no doubt significant to reducing their role same as removing Comolli will effect the extent of the use of stats in our player recruitment.
Yes, all the top sports teams in the world do. We do now, and we will do going forward. Do you really think Kenny is stupid and naive enough to drop it? Do you really think FSG would be stupid and naive enough to let him?

Come on give them some credit for christ sake.
I never said he would drop it

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #2521 on: April 12, 2012, 09:28:27 pm »
Repetitive and shit?

Full of numbers and contradicting mysterious no one will ever understand..... and slightly repetitive ;)
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2522 on: April 12, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »
I know Kenny said that he chose to sign those players but I believe that Comolli had a great say in who we targeted and who we signed. This belief is based on what I know of his time from Spurs as well.

For me, his record has been mixed-to-poor at us and Spurs and I think the decision to part ways is a good decision.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2523 on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:27 pm »
I know Kenny said that he chose to sign those players but I believe that Comolli had a great say in who we targeted and who we signed. This belief is based on what I know of his time from Spurs as well.

For me, his record has been mixed-to-poor at us and Spurs and I think the decision to part ways is a good decision.

Think it had more to do with the price we paid for certain players. We overpaid big time for most of the signings while DC was here.

Offline duke8

• Main Stander
« Reply #2524 on: April 12, 2012, 09:31:47 pm »
a big thanks to Pete Bruckner. i hope his work stands us in good health for decades to come.
 :wave
'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'  Bill Shankly

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #2525 on: April 12, 2012, 09:32:33 pm »
I don't think it's due to the nature of the signings or the way they turned out, but the lack of any real coups and the fact we overpaid ALOT on a few targets. They obviously want a better negotiator in the role and someone with a keen eye for up and coming talent across the globe.
Yes. Also probably means whoever comes in will want to bring there own scouts in or Kenny will want his own scouts, if he doesn't rate the current ones. Comolli's whole scouting network seemed to centre around England, Holland and Uruguay. Being French and coming from that League he shold have had his figure on the pulse in that League, yet Newcastle and Alan Carr's fucking Dad pissed all over it. Comolli and his scouting network and the deals he has overseen, are looking like a very expensive fuck up.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #2526 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »
22, 35, 16, 7, 20, 6

the amounts we paid for players signings since january 2011  ;D

« Reply #2527 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:06 pm »
I really don't know the answer to that.

I'd imagine it's not really a management decision and rather a decision (and hefty investment) coming from fairly high up.

It's not really a type of management phylosphy is it - it's actual proven science that improves both general fitness and injury recovery. What manager wouldn't want this?
It certainly does help but to what extent? Every club has injuries some more than others. If sports science was the miracle cure surely everyone would be doing it. Just to clarify I am not against its use in the same way I am not against using stats to judge players but it is not a perfect science and not all managers would put too much significance to them.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #2528 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:09 pm »
Heard 5 have been jibbed off. Comolli, Bruckner and who else?
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2529 on: April 12, 2012, 09:34:30 pm »

I remember David Pleat commenting on Radio 5 just after we appointed Comolli, that Comolli had in fact had virtually nothing to do with buying the future 'stars ' of Tottenham at all (Bale etc) and that he was, 'slightly surprised' at his appointment here. Not sure who did do the buying at Spurs, but it wasn't, apparently, Comolli.

Whatever the case - bit bizarre no? Timing bizarre. Apparently, he just sorted out the targets on behalf of Kenny and yet he gets it in the neck going by the statements. That's surely got to be a heap of shit as why sack the middle man?

A typical fudge which is fast becoming the norm sadly. There'll be another massive fudge this summer.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2530 on: April 12, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »
Think it had more to do with the price we paid for certain players. We overpaid big time for most of the signings while DC was here.

That's an overstatement
We overpaid for Downing and Carroll (with Carroll being directly sanctioned by FSG it seems they were determined to get someone that window)
We underpaid for Suarez and Enrique
Probably about right on the rest (Henderson maybe slightly over)

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #2531 on: April 12, 2012, 09:35:55 pm »

Yeah thats my taking on it too.  Kenny might have wanted the players but the amount paid was OTT
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2532 on: April 12, 2012, 09:36:01 pm »
Heard 5 have been jibbed off. Comolli, Bruckner and who else?
Hearsay.

Naaah, I just can't keep it up, am puzzled.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #2533 on: April 12, 2012, 09:37:03 pm »
Jeez. there's some f*cking guesswork going on in here tonight.

I tell you what, why don't one of you geniuses with the f*cking crystal ball, pick me six numbers for Fridays Euromillions.  ::)

Because, Richie I looked in my crystal ball and the six numbers I was gonna give you still left you one short to win the Euromillions*...

*I'm being a prick and agree with the point you're making.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2534 on: April 12, 2012, 09:37:04 pm »
I think the best things Comolli achieved here was getting shut of the deadwood that was lingering around. I wont credit him with Suarez because his insulting low bids nearly sunk the deal.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2535 on: April 12, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »
It certainly does help but to what extent? Every club has injuries some more than others. If sports science was the miracle cure surely everyone would be doing it. Just to clarify I am not against its use in the same way I am not against using stats to judge players but it is not a perfect science and not all managers would put too much significance to them.

It's not just about getting injured players back fit, it's about identifying and preventing injuries, working in weaknesses in players, etc. I can't see how a manager can put too much significance on them as they can with stats.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: April 12, 2012, 09:38:13 pm »
I've been busy working today so never had the chance to read the tens of pages. The last two pages I did read but have been huge guessing work instead of judging the facts.

Decisions needed to be made over the recruitment of players and it seems like some choices have been made.

Hope FSG finally appoint a successful management structure that helps us be as successful as possible.

Offline istvan kosma

• Kopite
  • whos a good puppy Rezdog
« Reply #2537 on: April 12, 2012, 09:38:23 pm »
FSG showing their intent and letting people know they mean business. Funny thing but all I keep on hearing about is Brian Barwick and Rick Parry consulting FSG. Don't know if it's true or not.

Barwick is/was employed to review media output or something... he may have done it now though.... he was/is reporting to Ayre.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:42:14 pm by istvan kosma »
Rules of life

1. life is for living and to have fun
2. Not to the detriment of another

Dj Short

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: April 12, 2012, 09:41:48 pm »
That's an overstatement
We overpaid for Downing and Carroll (with Carroll being directly sanctioned by FSG it seems they were determined to get someone that window)
We underpaid for Suarez and Enrique
Probably about right on the rest (Henderson maybe slightly over)

No we didn't underpay for Suarez and Enrique at all.

We overpaid for all the signings apart from Bellamy.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2539 on: April 12, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »
Hearsay.

Naaah, I just can't keep it up, am puzzled.

Try those little blue pills mate

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: April 12, 2012, 09:42:13 pm »
Yeah thats my taking on it too.  Kenny might have wanted the players but the amount paid was OTT

Yet had we not got them, Comolli would have been charged with failing to get the players Kenny wanted. Lose lose for him really. And price has clearly not been the issue, if Downing was a free signing he'd still been a major disappointment, he was definitely Kenny's signing. 

Offline h4ns3n

• Main Stander
  • Didn't watch 2nd half Istanbul - was shagging
    • Microsoft BI Consulting
Re: Telegraph - Comolli sacked
« Reply #2541 on: April 12, 2012, 09:47:13 pm »
That'll help our terrible form - As we all know, he gives the team talks as well as playing up front.

I wouldn't blame him. I'd blame the new tactics of Kenny and Steve Clarke or whoever. Why else have players turned bad who had brilliant seasons last year? Kuyt, Downing, Adam, not a coincidence.

Brilliant season? Downing? Kuyt? Adam?

Ohhh.... sorry didn't see the sarcasm. It was sarcasm, wasn't it?

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: April 12, 2012, 09:47:17 pm »

Surely we got Charlie "£10 Million Quid Corners" Adam on the cheap?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

« Reply #2543 on: April 12, 2012, 09:47:27 pm »
It's not just about getting injured players back fit, it's about identifying and preventing injuries, working in weaknesses in players, etc. I can't see how a manager can put too much significance on them as they can with stats.
If they couldn't fix Carra hoofing then what good are they?

Seriously though, I think some managers may feel coach and training would fix weaknesses in players, and some players have weaknesses that just can't be fixed (Aurelio, Agger). It's definitely useful but it depends on how much the management want to rely on them.

Offline Leighc1979

• Kopite
« Reply #2544 on: April 12, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
My thoughts are thus: What you pay for a player is irrelevant, it's what you get from them. The fact remains that ON THE PITCH, Carroll has not looked like the player he was at Newcastle, Downing has been poor. Don't see anyone praising Comolli for getting Suarez in who, for me, is worth more than what we paid for him.

If I was a shopkeeper and I ordered my stockist to get the items in I wanted and they didn't sell, why would I fire the bloke who just did the negotiating?

The problem is, the results meant there needed to be a scapegoat and Comolli was the easiest one to take the bullet. Kenny is just as culpable in my eyes and I find it absolutely amazing that nobody spotted the flaws in the Best of British transfer policy.

Enrique and Suarez have been the best value for money in my opinion and both foreign. You tell me when was the last English player to justify his price tag?

As much as Kenny is a legend, he is not immune from criticism and he has dropped a major rick in the transfer market. Rafa got accused of bringing in shite, but at least it was cheap.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #2545 on: April 12, 2012, 09:50:38 pm »
I assume dc was working within a budget.

If the players were bought within that budget and as with most signings you would give them some time to settle I don't think he got the sack due to the signings directly.

If Kenny wanted those players and dc bought them within the framework set out then why the sack? I mean haven't we only spent 40 million net and reduced the wage bill?

If he overspent it is because they allowed it and Kenny agreed it.

There must be more to it than downing is shite or whatever.  These are business people in a multi million pound industry. Maybe the perceived value of the assets bought and the prices paid at that time in comparison to now shows a loss if we were to sell the players bought in the morning but that's not very long term thinking is it?
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2546 on: April 12, 2012, 09:53:43 pm »

Oh goodness no

Suarez was about par....
Carroll, way over par
Adam was cheap because of his contract situation
Enrique was cheaper than he should have been because of other issues.
Henderson..... Depends what we actually paid for him, £20m is way too much, £13m probably isn't too bad
Downing.... Yeah too much
Coates.... Maybe we could have got him a wee bit cheaper. ... But may be the link up with national will pay dividends...

But I don't think this is about overpaying.... It's about getting value .... They're not the same thing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: April 12, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »
Oh goodness no

Suarez was about par....
Carroll, way over par
Henderson..... Depends what we actually paid for him, £20m is way too much, £13m probably isn't too bad
Coates.... Maybe we could have got him a wee bit cheaper. ... But may be the link up with national will pay dividends...

But I don't think this is about overpaying.... It's about getting value .... They're not the same thing.

Adam wasn't cheap mate, he was on the last year of his contract and stated he wanted out.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2548 on: April 12, 2012, 09:55:08 pm »
Oh goodness no

Suarez was about par....
Carroll, way over par

Bit soon to judge value though isn't it?
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: April 12, 2012, 09:55:12 pm »
and Coates - probably will end up a steal.
Henderson in the end might be worth the money, but not yet
People in south America thought we could have got coates cheaper..... Still probably a snip in years to come though...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2550 on: April 12, 2012, 09:56:14 pm »
I'm glad he's gone and even when things were going well in the league towards the end of last season I was hearing stories that all wasn't well with him & Kenny.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: April 12, 2012, 09:56:39 pm »
Bit soon to judge value though isn't it?
I think we can be pretty certain downin wasn't good value can't we?

We paid £20m for him and he's delivered very little and is now 28 and we would never get £20m back for him....
He's not value which ever way you look at it is he?
W

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: April 12, 2012, 09:57:11 pm »
It's about getting value .... They're not the same thing.

Yes, and we didn´t get the value what we were expecting and the money is gone.

So it´s about that there went something substiantly wrong in summer. And the owners reacted, good so.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: April 12, 2012, 09:57:24 pm »
Adam wasn't cheap mate, he was on the last year of his contract and stated he wanted out.
And if he weren't he would have cost more... He had an excellent season last season... We forget that.
W

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2554 on: April 12, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »

We'll agree to disagree on this - think it's pretty clear if you look at them and prices paid in the general market they were both about a third cheaper than they should have been (if we'd paid 30 for Suarez and 10 for Enrique no one would have been saying we were overpaying)
At the very minimum we didn't 'overpay big time' for them and they're both worth more than we paid for them now.

Besides isn't FSG sanctioning this spend? Comolli has directors and owners above him so solely blaming him for prices paid is a red herring

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: April 12, 2012, 09:57:53 pm »
I think the best things Comolli achieved here was getting shut of the deadwood that was lingering around. I wont credit him with Suarez because his insulting low bids nearly sunk the deal.

But the tactic worked surely? Suarez for £22m was a great deal. We wouldn't have got him for that little if Comolli had gone in at first with a bid of, say, £18m.

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #2556 on: April 12, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »
the way i see it

FSG gets rid of director of football, moves kenny upstairs to DOF, doesnt look like sacking, keeps popularity with fans

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2557 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:03 pm »
I think we can be pretty certain downin wasn't good value can't we?

We paid £20m for him and he's delivered very little and is now 28 and we would never get £20m back for him....
He's not value which ever way you look at it is he?

Possibly,

If he goes and burns up the euro,s then maybe you could get close to that for him.

Even allowing for that the jury is out on the rest. For me it can't be about the actual signings and must have been more about relationships and dc not truly understanding what fsg were asking of him.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2558 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:30 pm »
And if he weren't he would have cost more... He had an excellent season last season... We forget that.

I think execellent is pushing it somewhat and his deficiencies were apparent from day one. Better players have moved for less than adam and some that are far superior have most for just a bit more, sahin comes to mind as does granero, parejo and others.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #2559 on: April 12, 2012, 10:01:02 pm »
cant wait for the next anfield wrap after all this.