Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 340249 times)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #4160 on: April 15, 2012, 05:55:51 pm »
Not sure youth is the main policy, really. Afterall the only time we've played young players from the reserves and academy this year was when first teamers were injured. i.e Kelly, Flanno, Spearing, Shelvey. We've not actually dropped an available first teamer much, in replace of a young lad.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4161 on: April 15, 2012, 05:58:10 pm »
Why have we loaned out Pacheco if we are looking at youngsters and will he return?

Because he's not rated?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4162 on: April 15, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »
Not sure youth is the main policy, really. Afterall the only time we've played young players from the reserves and academy this year was when first teamers were injured. i.e Kelly, Flanno, Spearing, Shelvey. We've not actually dropped an available first teamer much, in replace of a young lad.
Probably looking at the best under 21-23 that's available

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4163 on: April 15, 2012, 06:03:20 pm »
Thinking about the amount mentioned in the newspaper article (£20-30m), that does not seem to tie in with what Werner said in his recent intwrview with LFCtv ehere he said "I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football."

I know he is not going to come out and say we are skint, but that is a pretty firm statement.  He could easily have said that it is there policy to spend according to profits/income or whatever, brushed it aside in some way but he didn't.

I am hoping they will spend quite heavily in the Summer to correct some of the shortcomings in the squad.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline The Ghost of Titi Camara

• Main Stander
  • La gloria e la storia
« Reply #4164 on: April 15, 2012, 06:11:40 pm »
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

This is getting sigged. We seem chronically naive as a club and as a fanbase; it's important we get the balance right between permanently polished pitchforks and cheerful gormlessness.
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4165 on: April 15, 2012, 06:13:36 pm »
It's wise to bring in younger players, but only to a certain degree. We will soon lose a fair few players who have had big roles in the side. In our case we already have Kelly, Flanagan, Robinson, Spearing, Shelvey, Henderson and Carroll who are fairly young. That is not our big concern. Quality is.

If we bring in more youth, for the first team, we will just block other young players from getting games. So it can even have a negative impact on each youth player's development. I think we should decide which young players we believe in and then give them real roles. Then we buy proven players for the here and now, not direct competitors for the youth. We need first picks.

Comolli & Co actually realised this last summer. The age mix improved. This was a job well done. We didn't quite find the right players, but we knew what age we needed and where in the squad. That need was obvious, so now it should be obvious what age group we should look for. Which is why I would expect us to spend on proven players aged around 25. It doesn't take any Moneyball policy or proven DoF to see that. If I can see it, I am certain Kenny can.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4166 on: April 15, 2012, 06:15:33 pm »
Because he's not rated?

He had ability for certain. I just wonder what kind of impression LFC gives or has amongst foreign young players.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #4167 on: April 15, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »
Lack of champions league is surely compensated by improved shirt sponsor and kit deals.

show your work

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #4168 on: April 15, 2012, 06:31:46 pm »
1. Last year of his contract.
2. The American owners haven't made it clear the plan failed.  They made it clear that the implementation of the plan failed.
3. Liverpool fan, in the best form of his life.  Hell yes.
Would go for him for the right price.Always liked his ability.Has 10+ goals and assists respectively,and the people calling him shite probably dont realize that our winger has 0 PL goals and 0 Pl assists.

Offline TommyT1995

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • :)
« Reply #4169 on: April 15, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
Just watched Kenny's post game interview with the LFCTV crew, he said roughly this:

Its not about individuals. (Getting to the Final is) Not for me, it's for Liverpool FC. (I'm) proud to have been asked back to help the football club and if im helping then i'll be happy, for me if the club moves forward, that's all that i need, I just need the club to be moving forward onwards and upwards.

Okay it's very likely that I'm over analysing things but does it almost sound like Kenny might not be here next season? I don't want it to be the case but it was a very strange interview. Kenny went on for quite a long time about the topic and he had a strange regretful almost look in him.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/interview/11478-my-players-were-fantastic

Link for any online subsribers.
Keep it simple.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4170 on: April 15, 2012, 06:36:49 pm »
show your work
Guessing
Standard deal worth about £11-13m extra a year
Warrior worth about £10-15m extra a year
Also to take a cut from our jersey sales which Ian said could double match what we get from warrior which is £25m a season , so must at least be worth a few million

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4171 on: April 15, 2012, 06:38:48 pm »
Maybe we have more quality tyan we have seen, but this is the third year in a row that we are 6-8th, so I think we need to acknowledge that we have some distance to go. We have at least six teams who are better than us. That's clear. If we accept that, our chances to improve will be greater.

Last summer we made a big thing of Comolli and our new approach and it's not worked. That's why Comolli got sacked. And I believe our poor return in the transfer market, paired with the loss of quality players in recent years, has put us in a very difficult position. to be honest, if we look 3-4 years ahead, I think we are in greater danger of cementing ourselves as a mid-table side than being title challengers. We don't have too many players who can bring in lots of money if we sell them. We are nowhere near a CL spot. The supposed 20-30M in transfer budget is what we can expect and we need to catch up. Means our margins for error in the transfer market are quite slim if we want to fight with the teams above us. Now look at our older players: Carra, Aurelio, Gerrard, Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi. We will have to replace them all soon. That won't be easy. won't bring in much if we sell and expensive to replace.

We need to be very, very good over the next few windows. Very clever. Sami, Reina, Arbeloa, Gary Mac, Babbel,... those are the types of signings we need to match in terms of value for money. Every big money signing has to be a Mascherano, Torres, Suarez type of deal. Guaranteed first pick and a consistent, top level player. The effects of last summer's mistake can come back to haunt us for quite some time.

Oh I completely agree that we must be smart about our business. It seems slightly absurd to even have to make this point, no? :D
I think I'm being fairly uncontroversial by claiming that 8 players pick themselves in the starting line up. If we add to that all the signings made last summer who will hopefully perform better next season then we have a strong core. Bar Downing and Adam perhaps, all the signings, I feel, will bear fruit in the long run and even Downing can still hopefully prove me wrong. Adam of course was a relatively cheap acquisition and has been good value for money even if not quite capable of filling the hole in the middle of the action. We've seen recently what a confident Andy Carroll is capable of and I'm quite happy to see the lad can use his feet too. Suarez is yet to have a crack at a full season. Lucas has yet to blossom fully. I assure you, my friend, it is not as bad as that dastardly league table would have us believe.
Perhaps with the fact that we have European games added to our schedule next season, my estimate of 1-2 players above may have been conservative. Perhaps the management feel they need 3 or 4 new players. I'm also hoping, like you, we get ourselves another Gary Mac or a Sami but I'd also love me some Litmanen right now to partner with Suarez. And that's what I'm hoping will happen when Kuyt is replaced in the summer. We may also need somebody to play the link between Gerrard and Lucas, the role that Adam shouldn't be entrusted with on a first team basis, Henderson can't do so yet, and we won't get another chance to try Aquilani. I hope of the three, we get a player like the last. Or maybe we won't get anyone and we'll give it to Shelvey to make his own. I wouldn't bet against that kid. We may bring in some competition for Carroll and, in the long run, I'm unsure about Carroll's place in the pass and move system that Kenny is preaching, but I wouldn't begrudge him another season as the number 9 as he seems to finally become sure of himself. But all in all, I really cannot see us needing too many players.
I also agree with you that we can't afford another summer of buying players for the long term at paradoxical short term premiums. if somebody is going to come in now, they will be somebody ready to compete for a place and I think we'll see that this summer. 

Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4172 on: April 15, 2012, 06:39:38 pm »
Hey it took 100 pages or so, but now we have another stealth transfer thread...
Good job boys...
You know Comolli is back in France. I wonder what match he is wtching...

Locked...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4173 on: April 15, 2012, 06:40:26 pm »
Will reopen when the transfer wankers have calmed down a bit.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.