Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 340242 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2560 on: April 12, 2012, 10:02:35 pm »
I think execellent is pushing it somewhat and his deficiencies were apparent from day one. Better players have moved for less than adam and some that are far superior have most for just a bit more, sahin comes to mind as does granero, parejo and others.
Very harsh, he caused lots of teams lots of problems last season....

He cost £5.5 m (according to tony Barrett). That was an absolute snip on last seasons form.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2561 on: April 12, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »
But I don't think this is about overpaying.... It's about getting value .... They're not the same thing.

Unless my command of English fails me, they are exactly the same thing.
Can you explain how they are not? (I mean this from an English language point of view, my views on this or that transfer are nothing to do with it).

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #2562 on: April 12, 2012, 10:04:01 pm »
Hasn't Comoli been sacked or has sacked off most clubs he's been involved with? Common theme. Also, the buy British policy was implemented towards the end of raffas reign, by raffa himself. There are multiple quotes from the man himself that my phone is mentally restricting me from searching for and posting but I just thought we should put that in to perspective considering the "kennys idea to buy British" bollix

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2563 on: April 12, 2012, 10:05:06 pm »
Unless my command of English fails me, they are exactly the same thing.
Can you explain how they are not? (I mean this from an English language point of view, my views on this or that transfer are nothing to do with it).
Ach, you know what I mean.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #2564 on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: April 12, 2012, 10:07:26 pm »

He cost £5.5 m (according to tony Barrett). That was an absolute snip on last seasons form.

It's how he's fared for us that counts.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: April 12, 2012, 10:07:28 pm »
Do we have a final list of confirmed and rumoured casualties for today? I've missed the last 30 or so pages.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: April 12, 2012, 10:07:53 pm »
My thoughts are thus: What you pay for a player is irrelevant, it's what you get from them. The fact remains that ON THE PITCH, Carroll has not looked like the player he was at Newcastle, Downing has been poor. Don't see anyone praising Comolli for getting Suarez in who, for me, is worth more than what we paid for him.

If I was a shopkeeper and I ordered my stockist to get the items in I wanted and they didn't sell, why would I fire the bloke who just did the negotiating?

The problem is, the results meant there needed to be a scapegoat and Comolli was the easiest one to take the bullet. Kenny is just as culpable in my eyes and I find it absolutely amazing that nobody spotted the flaws in the Best of British transfer policy.

Enrique and Suarez have been the best value for money in my opinion and both foreign. You tell me when was the last English player to justify his price tag?

As much as Kenny is a legend, he is not immune from criticism and he has dropped a major rick in the transfer market. Rafa got accused of bringing in shite, but at least it was cheap.

FSG don't need to make up stories.

They did it one way and Comolli was suited to it. Now they want to change direction and either he isn't suited or he doesn't want to be suited to it.

Kenny makes a point of defending the selections as he doesn't want say they're all rubbish 48hrs before a semi-final.

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #2568 on: April 12, 2012, 10:07:55 pm »
Nick Parrott ‏ @NickParrottTV  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Ok people, I've been told http://www.bbc.co.uk/football will name #Comolli's replacement in the next 15 minutes or so! Keep logged on!!!!!
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2569 on: April 12, 2012, 10:08:46 pm »
It's how he's fared for us that counts.
That's a fair point....
But I suppose at the time it was a good price....
I reckon we could still sell him at a profit, but it's true that he doesn't add much value to the team at the moment.
W

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2570 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:14 pm »
Ok people, I've been told http://t.co/eXK4aLnZ will name #Comolli's replacement in the next 15 minutes or so! Keep logged on!!!!!

@NickParrottTV

Offline ReddyMac

• Kopite
  • These eyes seek more glory!!
« Reply #2571 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:42 pm »
Can anybody please explain where the 'disconnect' was with Comolli that Werner was referring to?

Was he just referring to Comolli buying shite,expensive young players or did we read the FSG plan all wrong?

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:57 pm »
Who's Nick Parrott? Name rings a bell.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2573 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »

He was a good player for blackpool, I'm not denying that mate. But better players around the continent have moved for less, dortmunds starting 11 yesterday cost under 12million pounds just as a stark comparison.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:12:17 pm by Rohit »

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2574 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »
C'mon Txiki!
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2575 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:58 pm »

Works for the BBC. Big red.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2576 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:59 pm »
If I was a shopkeeper and I ordered my stockist to get the items in I wanted and they didn't sell, why would I fire the bloke who just did the negotiating?

Huh?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #2577 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:12 pm »
Is he the Beeb journalist that was the only one posting positive stories about us during the Suarez affair? Pics of him at Anfield and that?

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:28 pm »
Ach, you know what I mean.

No I don't, which is why I asked :)

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:44 pm »
Ok people, I've been told http://t.co/eXK4aLnZ will name #Comolli's replacement in the next 15 minutes or so! Keep logged on!!!!!

@NickParrottTV

Got my doubts, but one thing the club does seem to do is make sure the news breaks very late at night so none of the papers can get it in the next days papers, so it's possible.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:45 pm »
Works for the bbc

He was the journo who said he heard the racist shout from a crowd member and that the guy said "manc" not "black"
W

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:46 pm »
C'mon Txiki!

I've seen his name mentioned in the thread. Who is he?
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2582 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12:12 pm »
 :butt

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2583 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12:39 pm »
Got my doubts, but one thing the club does seem to do is make sure the news breaks very late at night so none of the papers can get it in the next days papers, so it's possible.
You're right....
Well see, still it would directly oppose what Werner said earlier.
W

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12:57 pm »
Is he the Beeb journalist that was the only one posting positive stories about us during the Suarez affair? Pics of him at Anfield and that?

It was during the Adeyemi incident I think.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:30 pm »
Works for the bbc

He was the journo who said he heard the racist shout from a crowd member and that the guy said "manc" not "black"

?

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2586 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:39 pm »

Ahh, think that's it, he was keeping everybody updated when that Oldham lad thought he was being targetted.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:47 pm »

Feel sorry for Andy Carroll there.

He's not worth £35m... But that doesn't mean he couldn't still be a really good player for us.

This kind of stuff isn't healthy for him.
W

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2588 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »

Ha ha, Dave Maddock is such a bitter and twisted c*nt.  Fuck him, AC will bag the winner saturday.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: April 12, 2012, 10:14:12 pm »
I've seen his name mentioned in the thread. Who is he?

He was DoF at Barcelona during the Laporta years.

Offline pilchard_friendly

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2590 on: April 12, 2012, 10:14:13 pm »
Darren Burgess -  the head of fitness and conditioning, is one of a small army of sports scientists brought in by Bruckner.  It should probably surprise no-one if many leave with him.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2591 on: April 12, 2012, 10:14:14 pm »
I've just seen Kenny's interview in full for the first time and he seems as sincere as you'd expect Kenny to be. Despite people thinking he'd hold his counsel appropriately it looked to me as if he was genuinely shocked and indeed disappointed.

I hope the underlying strategy isn't a hidden "check" to Kenny allowing him to go about his business in the summer on the basis that if performances on the pitch don't improve by November it becomes "checkmate".

This is certainly evidence of ruthlessness to a degree we should really welcome if we expect them to take he club forward. The big judgement would be if they become more ambitious than some of our supporters.

Overall, I'm unaffected by this providing Kenny isn't disadvantaged, someone must come in to do the business dealings for Kenny to ease his workload.

Offline richard_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • His name is Luis Suarez he wears the famous red...
« Reply #2592 on: April 12, 2012, 10:14:32 pm »
Surely the Liverpool site would confirm it before the BBC???

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2593 on: April 12, 2012, 10:14:40 pm »
?
The "black bastard" comment allegedly shouted from the kop
W

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2594 on: April 12, 2012, 10:14:45 pm »
So, The Mirror is still shite then.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2595 on: April 12, 2012, 10:14:50 pm »
Jeez. there's some f*cking guesswork going on in here tonight.

I tell you what, why don't one of you geniuses with the f*cking crystal ball, pick me six numbers for Fridays Euromillions.  ::)

You'd probably have a better chance of winning if you pick the full 7 numbers mate :wave

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2596 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:33 pm »
He was DoF at Barcelona during the Laporta years.

Thanks.

I guess it's yes please then.

Just did a bit of reading, pretty please.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:20:11 pm by bleedsred1978 »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2597 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:51 pm »
I haven't had time to understand whats behind the Bruckner dismissal - anyone?

Offline Aaron C

• Main Stander
« Reply #2598 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:53 pm »
David Maddock is an idiot!!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:57 pm »
Presume it will be Dein if he's been at the last two games. He won't be DoF though, but will take over Comolli's role in negotiations etc.