Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1880268 times)

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #4840 on: January 27, 2019, 06:52:40 pm »
He’s answered your question. Average positions show them alongside each other. Passes show Milner all over the pitch, concentrated around the average position. We all watch every game. I don’t know if the question “did you watch the game?” is otherwise code for “I don’t agree so I’m going to deal with my insecurity by making what feels like a crafty, subtle dig... is it?

Mostly outside transfer threads people have watched the game, and if not they usually say so.

What's the old saying...something that assumptions tend to make an ass out of you and I is the way I think it goes.  So if we're going to disagree let's make sure we're coming from the same standpoint here.  I believe PoP was stating that Keita should have done better in the Wolves FA Cup match where he was in a midfield two with Milner.  I also think that while PoP adds a lot to the forums with his coaching background he can also latch onto some rather petty things to argue about to the point I wonder at times whether he is even arguing in good faith.  So I truly want to know if he watched the game as for someone with a coaching background like him to think any LFC player was setup for success in that game seems crazy to me the layman without that background.  So did PoP watch the game and is he arguing in good faith here?

Stats, like anything else, is just a tool.  He's posting the average position and pass map to argue what exactly?  That Naby wasn't 3v1 in midfield?  That LFC as a team didn't completely abandon playing through the midfield as they were scared to death to turn the ball over in that area and that Wolves didn't have almost as many final third passes as LFC despite having way less of the ball?  Milner's heat map is almost entirely in our own half and I believe his most passed to person was Fabinho, yet he was battling it out in midfield? 

They were playing against Moutinho, Neves and Dendoncker which is probably the best midfield outside of a top 6 team.  At Wolves home ground with ineffective strikers, a kid winger and another winger who Klopp had to switch formations just to play him without imbalancing the side.  Does PoP believe in these circumstances Naby should have done better?  Why?  Instead he's arguing that Milner isn't a crutch for Naby by posting maps but not explaining anything about why he believes that? 

Even though we lost on the score sheet I think we basically played Wolves to a draw and both Milner (error aside) and Naby did as well as they possibly could do in the cirumstances they were in.  I don't know who would have done better or how you would figure that would be the case but I certainly can't understand using it as a reason why someone did poorly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4841 on: January 27, 2019, 08:15:36 pm »
I have a problem with “did you watch the game?” posts. I appreciate the more detailed version, it’s much clearer and much less argumentative.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4842 on: January 30, 2019, 10:20:27 am »
you don’t know shit about football if that’s your opinion. It’s not about seasons played considering how young he is! He will very soon become the best midfielder in the PL.

Whilst I don't advocate getting on Keita's back to say very soon he'll 'become the best midfielder in the PL' is absolutely ludicrous.

He's miles away from being the best midfielder at Liverpool. Never mind the best in the league

I don't have a problem with Keita per se. He needs time to adjust. But will people fuck off with these ludicrous suggestions of what he'll become. It started from when we bought him. 'Keita will do this'. 'Keita will do that'. 'Keita is better than Pogba'.

Just fuck off with all this fucking nonsense. Naby Keita needs to get his head down. Work on his game and prove himself worthy go being a regular starter at Liverpool. People should afford him time to do that. Whether that's from people criticising him or equally people trying to tell us how he's going to be amazing (or is amazing). All adds unnecessary pressure on his shoulders.

I think parts of our supporter base have done this for the 12 months before he arrived. The weight of expectation has been huge on him and I do wonder how that's affected him. The flip side of this is that a lot of the same people have been very quick to criticise other midfielders. Let's have this straight here. Jordan Henderson and Gini Wijnaldum are currently head and shoulders above Naby Keita. I don't think there can be any argument from anyone on that.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4843 on: January 30, 2019, 10:40:25 am »
Newcastle winning has put you in a good mood hey, Mr Happy?

Imagine how shit a mood I'd have been in if City would have won.

I think the Keita hype and people looking too far ahead in the title race are one and the same. People are too quick to jump to an opinion. To claim this player is best thing since sliced bread or that the title race is now nearly over because City lost a game.

I'm tempering against that. I've been round the block enough times to know that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Whether that be judging a player or thinking the title race could be nearing an end.

It's not that I'm scared of getting egg on my face or shying away from the challenge. Following this team for nearly 40 years has brought it's fair share of disappointments and 'egg on my face'. I just think this type of unnecessary bravado heaps unwanted pressure on an individual player or the team as a whole.

There's a long way to go in both the title race and Naby Keita's Liverpool career. At the moment we need to calm down about the both. I'm seeing way too many proclamations from parts of our supporter base and it worries me how this may permeate through to the team when it comes to match day. It's the time for coolness in both the stands and on the pitch. Let's get behind all the players tonight and let's not let our nerves or any over confidence get the best of us.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4844 on: January 30, 2019, 10:53:24 am »
Well said, Jookie.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4845 on: January 30, 2019, 11:56:22 am »

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4846 on: January 30, 2019, 01:12:44 pm »
Imagine how shit a mood I'd have been in if City would have won.

I think the Keita hype and people looking too far ahead in the title race are one and the same. People are too quick to jump to an opinion. To claim this player is best thing since sliced bread or that the title race is now nearly over because City lost a game.

I'm tempering against that. I've been round the block enough times to know that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Whether that be judging a player or thinking the title race could be nearing an end.

It's not that I'm scared of getting egg on my face or shying away from the challenge. Following this team for nearly 40 years has brought it's fair share of disappointments and 'egg on my face'. I just think this type of unnecessary bravado heaps unwanted pressure on an individual player or the team as a whole.

There's a long way to go in both the title race and Naby Keita's Liverpool career. At the moment we need to calm down about the both. I'm seeing way too many proclamations from parts of our supporter base and it worries me how this may permeate through to the team when it comes to match day. It's the time for coolness in both the stands and on the pitch. Let's get behind all the players tonight and let's not let our nerves or any over confidence get the best of us.

Absolutely spot on.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4847 on: January 30, 2019, 01:30:33 pm »
you don’t know shit about football if that’s your opinion.

C'mon now. Be all you can be.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4848 on: January 30, 2019, 01:34:38 pm »
C'mon now. Be all you can be.
Well said

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4849 on: January 30, 2019, 01:34:49 pm »
Some of our very best players took a while to settle at this club.

I think the lad has massive potential but did we expect an instant fix with him because of the hype and the fee?

He will come good and when he does it will be good to watch,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4850 on: January 30, 2019, 03:38:32 pm »
Struggling to highlight which parts of this post made me laugh the most. Please don't ban him. Top draw entertainment.

He's being all he can be. Naby has an extraordinarily high ceiling. Gucci? Above him only sky.

Stop being Negative Nancies. Start being Reasonably Ronnies.

And Jookie. That was very nice of you.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:42:49 pm by royhendo »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4851 on: January 30, 2019, 05:32:55 pm »
Nice rant, care to explain how the highlighted bits in Green, totally contradict the highlighted bits in red?

Ignore him, he’s taking a short holiday.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4852 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:31 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4853 on: January 30, 2019, 09:58:08 pm »
Dont see the point in having those prick ex refs in the BT studio when all they do is back the ref. Atkinson bottled giving that foul on Naby.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4854 on: January 30, 2019, 09:58:39 pm »
Not happening for Keith so far, have to say I've been disappointed with him to be honest.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4855 on: January 30, 2019, 09:58:48 pm »
Was starting to get into the game, all he needs is the balls to run forward.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4856 on: January 30, 2019, 09:58:48 pm »
Only slightly stamped on his toes.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4857 on: January 30, 2019, 09:59:23 pm »
Nice of Atkinson to ignore him getting booted when in on goal

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #4858 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:04 pm »
Am I the only one who thought Fabinho should have come on for Gini instead of Naby? At least Naby tries to break the lines, as we saw with that pen against him.

He looked gutted to be coming off, and I can only think that's going to kill his confidence, which already looked a bit shot.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4859 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »
Dont see the point in having those prick ex refs in the BT studio when all they do is back the ref. Atkinson bottled giving that foul on Naby.

Quite right and with the blatant sending off. Just another BT gimmick.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4860 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:25 pm »
He really came alive 15 mins before being taken off ... Lallana should never have been brought on when Keita was starting to find his confidence and make driving runs. This lad will come good big time eventually.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4861 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:57 pm »

So fucking irritating

Have to say though I don’t think we can carry him whilst he’s finding form. We have a league title to win no passengers allowed at the moment.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #4862 on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:21 pm »
Should've had a pen
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4863 on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:25 pm »
Thought it was a mistake to bring him off. He looked really fired up and was one of our best players in the final third today. Lallana did F all as usual.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4864 on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:30 pm »

The in studio refs are literally just there to go ‘yep it’s the right call that’. I could do it. It’s a fucking stonewaller, utterly ridiculous.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4865 on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:40 pm »
Should of had a pen. That being said his game isn't based around breaking down teams who sit 11 men behind the fucking ball. Yes he should do more, yes more well come from him but he needs the room to operate, he's constantly looking to thread a ball on the deck but his game is take on's and getting into the final third, fucking impossible some games

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4866 on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:50 pm »
That burst  into the boxis what i've seen him do in those amazing Youtube montages.

Came into his own in the second half and unlucky to get subbed.

That was a deffo Pen, and Atkinson showing how shit he is again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4867 on: January 30, 2019, 10:02:16 pm »
Thought he played well tonight, not sure why he was subbed, unless he wasn't doing something tactically.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4868 on: January 30, 2019, 10:03:17 pm »

Yes all they do is to justify why a penalty isn't given. Keita was fouled and there's no option of saying "was it enough for a penalty"........it's a foul and therefore a penalty. Compare that to the ball bouncing up and hitting Sturridge on the hand......he gave a feekick for that but didn't have the bottle to award a penalty for the foul on Keita.
#JFT97

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4869 on: January 30, 2019, 10:04:25 pm »
Should of had a pen. That being said his game isn't based around breaking down teams who sit 11 men behind the fucking ball. Yes he should do more, yes more well come from him but he needs the room to operate, he's constantly looking to thread a ball on the deck but his game is take on's and getting into the final third, fucking impossible some games

We should probably have signed a different player then as that's 80% of our games.

I don't agree though. That move leading to the should-have-been-penalty is his (rather niche) skillset. Find the forward's feet for the one-two and drive into the area. He really needs to work on his left foot to capitalise on these situations. It's horribly substandard at this level.

He seems to have a trend of being atrocious in first halves before coming alive a little in the second. An impact sub going forward for me. The issue is, Shaqiri should be too. We're a quality player light in this system.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:07:28 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4870 on: January 30, 2019, 10:04:27 pm »
Shouldn't have been taken off.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4871 on: January 30, 2019, 10:06:23 pm »
We should probably have signed a different player then as that's 80% of our games.

Not really because all last season we were most dangerous when we won the ball back and then had the space to damage. This season teams sit back but they hardly commit when they win the ball, we can't counter press if the opposition plays how they have.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4872 on: January 30, 2019, 10:07:12 pm »

I could see the logic behind it, but a 2019 Lallana replaced him who is crap frankly.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4873 on: January 30, 2019, 10:09:42 pm »

Totally mystified me.
The only midfielder (including shaqiri) who looked capable of finding the front 3

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4874 on: January 30, 2019, 10:09:50 pm »
I could see the logic behind it, but a 2019 Lallana replaced him who is crap frankly.

Lallana isn’t crap - be respectful bud. I don’t think he should have been brought on because he needs some games to find some rhythm.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4875 on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:12 pm »
Should've had a pen

All day long mate
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #4876 on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:28 pm »
Totally mystified me.
The only midfielder (including shaqiri) who looked capable of finding the front 3

Thought Shaqiri barely did anything all game to be honest. Been too anonymous as of late. Agree about Keita though.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4877 on: January 30, 2019, 10:13:52 pm »
Should have made the crucial difference with a game-changing pen, fuck the haters.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4878 on: January 30, 2019, 10:14:44 pm »
How on earth that was not a pen? Has football rule changed?
Believer

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4879 on: January 30, 2019, 10:17:18 pm »
Totally mystified me.

Are you sure? Because he had 0 key passes. 0 Throughballs. 2 successful dribbles out of 4 attempted. 0 shots. 0 successful tackles out of 3 attempted.

I'm not sure what he did other than that dribble (that he took a needless extra touch for and definitely should have had a penalty for!) that warranted him being kept on.
Better looking than Samie.