Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1309429 times)

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5040 on: January 14, 2020, 06:00:21 pm »
Here's the thing. Despite all their recent silverware, City fans hate the fact that no one else acknowledges their achievements. They feel entitled to approbation and get angry when the rest of us don't bend the knee or when we point out that they have bought their success. That's why they come up with this crap now and that's why I really don't care what they say nor do I feel the need to explain why they are wrong about the league being weak, and so on. It's like fact checking Trump. Better to just laugh at them or sarcastically agree with them.

Interestingly most United fans I know will openly admit that we are a great side and that Klopp is a fantastic manager. They still hate us but they respect us (which is pretty much how I felt about them during their period of domination). City fans by contrast struggle because they cannot conceive how it is that we have unseated them. One of their two songs is about us losing a CL final two years ago.

I prefer to focus on the positive. We have an incredible side that has an opportunity to make history and dominate beyond this season. Enjoy every minute of it.

City are like that scruffy twat who won the lottery years ago, Michael Carroll? (The lotto lout)
They've gone from the footballing equivalent of eating beans & sausages out the tin for their tea to suddenly being lumped with immense wealth and success.

They're desperate to be relevant & seen as successful so they take loads of cocaine and ride  round on quadbikes at 5am but eventually all the cocaine and late night quadbiking as fucked with their heads so they've fallen into paranoia & are now holed up in the house at 4 in the afternoon with the blinds closed scared in case fellas with shotties & balaclavas (Liverpool) come and tie them up and steal all their money (trophies), so they've fell even deeper down the cocaine rabbit hole & conjured up conspiracies about the masked men working for the CIA & having links to the rothschilds

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #5041 on: January 14, 2020, 06:09:37 pm »
John W. Henry must be smiling right now.

He did it with his Red Sox.

Now he's almost there with LFC.

"What team shall I think about next?"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5042 on: January 14, 2020, 06:49:49 pm »
I used to go on blue moon to read their comments and they are self entitled twats. They cant believe that a team without their financial clout could be better than them. They are all arrogant pricks. Now i go on there and revel in the fume they have over us. Classless pricks

This is why we must be lucky or outright cheating in some other subtle way, as we clearly can't outspend them, but are winning anyway.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: January 14, 2020, 06:52:41 pm »
This is why we must be lucky or outright cheating in some other subtle way, as we clearly can't outspend them, but are winning anyway.
To extend the pundit 'logic'.. we could also be 'doing a Leicester' ?

But they aren't gonna say that. Cos it's kinder than saying all the other shite they're coming out with recently.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5044 on: January 14, 2020, 07:21:41 pm »
I just updated this and thought it was worth posting here in light of the 'weak league' comments earlier today, as it's PPG it accounts for differences in games played across Europe. Baring Serie A and PSG - quelle surprise - you can see that the rest of Europe's PPG is between 0.6 and 2.1 and pretty comparable to the Premier League.

So it stands to reason that if the Premier League is weak, so is the whole of world football. It's the only rational explanation.

Ohh, and whilst we're doing requests can I see this season done in the form of 'Wacky Races' please.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5045 on: January 14, 2020, 07:21:56 pm »
Love that. It shows we are literally miles ahead of the competition this season.  ;D

I presume the finish line is based on a 'perfect' season, ie 114 points? In which case, the actual finish line for us will probably be somewhere around London Bridge at a guess, but we'll just keep on running anyway and finally come to a stop outside the Houses of Parliament.

Though Klopp and Henderson will have to carry on all the way to the Palace to pick up their knighthoods.

And Milner will just keep running anyway for the fun of it.

I actually did it based on 95 points, the maximum city can now reach. So we need to get to the finish line before them (or then to fall short of course).
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5046 on: January 14, 2020, 07:40:17 pm »
To extend the pundit 'logic'.. we could also be 'doing a Leicester' ?

But they aren't gonna say that. Cos it's kinder than saying all the other shite they're coming out with recently.

We're either Leicester with money or City without money, dealer's choice.

Popcorn's Art

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: January 14, 2020, 07:41:20 pm »
I just updated this and thought it was worth posting here in light of the 'weak league' comments earlier today, as it's PPG it accounts for differences in games played across Europe. Baring Serie A and PSG - quelle surprise - you can see that the rest of Europe's PPG is between 0.6 and 2.1 and pretty comparable to the Premier League.

So it stands to reason that if the Premier League is weak, so is the whole of world football. It's the only rational explanation.

Ohh, and whilst we're doing requests can I see this season done in the form of 'Wacky Races' please.

This is a fantastic graph. Apart from our brilliant season, two things stand out at first. Barca and Real having really poor seasons, the worst PPG out of all the league leaders, and Norwich being the most "doomed" club in the top 5 leagues.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #5048 on: January 14, 2020, 07:42:16 pm »
John W. Henry must be smiling right now.

He did it with his Red Sox.

Now he's almost there with LFC.

"What team shall I think about next?"

To be fair to him mate, if I were in his shoes with that classy maid by my side, I would be smiling all the time even if the Red Sox had to wait another 100 years before thier next title....

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: January 14, 2020, 07:44:36 pm »
So according to that new position chart across 5 leagues, Liverpool don't have anyone to fear in the champions League!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5050 on: January 14, 2020, 07:54:30 pm »
To be fair to him mate, if I were in his shoes with that classy maid by my side, I would be smiling all the time even if the Red Sox had to wait another 100 years before thier next title....
Aint talking about the buzz from sex here mate.

This is purely the buzz he must be feeling from making acute business choices. And seeing his teams grow, build, and win.

There are a few lines about this in Nas' "Nas Is Like" track..  ;D

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5051 on: January 14, 2020, 08:09:05 pm »
Aint talking about the buzz from sex here mate.

This is purely the buzz he must be feeling from making acute business choices. And seeing his teams grow, build, and win.

There are a few lines about this in Nas' "Nas Is Like" track..  ;D
I know man. I am just playin'.
If I were him though, I would just stop at Baseball and Football. These two clubs/teams are enough to occupy two lifetimes, never mind just one.

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5052 on: January 14, 2020, 08:11:17 pm »
So according to that new position chart across 5 leagues, Liverpool don't have anyone to fear in the champions League!

Europe ?!, pfff..... The world mate. The world!!!!

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #5053 on: January 14, 2020, 08:32:59 pm »
I actually did it based on 95 points, the maximum city can now reach. So we need to get to the finish line before them (or then to fall short of course).
I was trying to find this post...care to reshare?

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: January 14, 2020, 08:35:29 pm »

Excellent work!

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5055 on: January 14, 2020, 08:53:56 pm »
So seeing as we need to drop below 2.00 PPG (aprox) for a 17 game stretch in order to lose the league, I decided to map the PPG Moving Average across the last 100 games to see when it last happened:

It happens here at Match 24 on the chart. In other words 2 years ago (Jan 2018) ….. Coincidentally that's around the same period when City where last able to hit a PPG of 3 in a 17 game stretch themselves. That's the only time they have ever managed it and the chances of them repeating it again look very slim indeed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:55:46 pm by JCB »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5056 on: January 14, 2020, 09:10:44 pm »
2pts a game is top 4 form. United Even won it with That in 97 (75pts) and they talk about us being unchallenged

That literally would give us 95pts.

Any better than top 4 form from now does it. And that’s assuming city win every league game left
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:12:50 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5057 on: January 14, 2020, 09:21:00 pm »
So seeing as we need to drop below 2.00 PPG (aprox) for a 17 game stretch in order to lose the league, I decided to map the PPG Moving Average across the last 100 games to see when it last happened:

It happens here at Match 24 on the chart. In other words 2 years ago (Jan 2018) ….. Coincidentally that's around the same period when City where last able to hit a PPG of 3 in a 17 game stretch themselves. That's the only time they have ever managed it and the chances of them repeating it again look very slim indeed.
Win our next game against United, and a 2.00 PPG will see us at 96 points. That happens (winning the next gameI, it is all over,

(2.00 is my safety blanket for calling it)  8)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: January 14, 2020, 09:22:21 pm »
Win our next game against United, and a 2.00 PPG will see us at 96 points. That happens (winning the next gameI, it is all over,

(2.00 is my safety blanket for calling it)  8)
It is 2.05 at the moment to 96 points, if my math did not fail me. (it often does) Close, so close...
The Boy from Brazil!
Float like Papillon

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #5059 on: January 14, 2020, 09:34:53 pm »
Guys... I had a dream last night that we won the league.

December 2018 when we'd just beaten Wolves 2-0 away ... that night I dreamt that Jordan Henderson was on the pitch at Anfield receiving the Premier League trophy. I was convinced we were gonna win it that year.

But something wasn't quite right ....

Jordan was wearing a Liverpool shirt ... but it had a round collar and a yellow liverbird.  And there was no design at that time for our current kit!!

Spooky eh?!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: January 14, 2020, 09:43:25 pm »
I was trying to find this post...care to reshare?

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5061 on: January 14, 2020, 10:08:14 pm »

Love how we've "flatlined" at 2.88 ppg there. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #5062 on: January 14, 2020, 10:13:58 pm »

So do I understand that a marathon is over if you are well in the lead but with 10 miles still to run?  Think I would be focusing on maintaining form, performance and fitness. Just sayin’ 😎

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5063 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:39 pm »
So do I understand that a marathon is over if you are well in the lead but with 10 miles still to run?  Think I would be focusing on maintaining form, performance and fitness. Just sayin’

If you're that far in the lead, and you're fitter and faster than the other runners, and you're currently running faster than they are...
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #5064 on: January 14, 2020, 10:28:25 pm »
If you're that far in the lead, and you're fitter and faster than the other runners, and you're currently running faster than they are...
But maybe you get cramp, pull a muscle, hit the wall.... (Has happened to me a couple of times - not from the lead of course😆) We are still a wee bit too far out from the finishing line for me.

Just keep running, forget the finish..........I do know what you mean though. You make sense, I’m still wary.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5065 on: January 14, 2020, 10:33:27 pm »
Some of these fuckers will need to strap themselves in. It’s going to be a bumpy ride for them for the next decade.

Imagine their mental state in a couple of years time when we’re going for 3 in a row and league number 21.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5066 on: January 14, 2020, 11:25:49 pm »

Liverpool are shite.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5067 on: January 14, 2020, 11:39:18 pm »
Hi Jake, if we ever win the league, as someone else posted, there will be a single parade that would take in to account progress of other competitions. So if we were in the FA Cup final it would take place on the Monday after that rather than the Monday after the last day of the season. That would also stretch to after the CL if we were still in that.

The Police rather than the club would have influence on the proceedings. The Council and the Police will already be considering the prospects of Liverpool having another successful season  ;D

Good points JC. We've booked a house for the 17th anyway just to enjoy the party - if we're in other finals thats a brucey bonus
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #5068 on: January 15, 2020, 02:55:42 am »
Gotta say, Gini played sooo well during that whole festive season by the last game there i felt he was staggering on wooden legs and still miraculously getting it done somehow, putting in the yards soo many yards over Christmas ludicrous. I feared for him. Big part of that run for sure.

And now he looks rested and 100% ready to go again.

Nice. Gathering back our strength. I decided to watch back the spurs game and flicked on the stream and it was set where i left off, and Micheal Owen is going "We may be looking at one of the great teams of all time"  :lmao Thats a reasonably good sign, you'd have to say. Indicative that perhaps things are on the up.

Pushes Chips to the middle of the Table. "Im going ALL IN on Smug all the way through."  ;D Sorry Jinx guys

Jinxs dont bother me at this stage this is a matter of FATE. Its our time. The Evidence is Clear. This is a sweet sweet team.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: January 15, 2020, 03:42:17 am »
Gotta say, Gini played sooo well during that whole festive season by the last game there i felt he was staggering on wooden legs and still miraculously getting it done somehow, putting in the yards soo many yards over Christmas ludicrous. I feared for him. Big part of that run for sure.

And now he looks rested and 100% ready to go again.

Nice. Gathering back our strength. I decided to watch back the spurs game and flicked on the stream and it was set where i left off, and Micheal Owen is going "We may be looking at one of the great teams of all time"  :lmao Thats a reasonably good sign, you'd have to say. Indicative that perhaps things are on the up.

Pushes Chips to the middle of the Table. "Im going ALL IN on Smug all the way through."  ;D Sorry Jinx guys

Jinxs dont bother me at this stage this is a matter of FATE. Its our time. The Evidence is Clear. This is a sweet sweet team.

I read yesterday a website that suggested that based on their system of calculations, the current Liverpool team is already the best Liverpool side of all timer and the fourth best club side of all time.  The scary thing was that if this team continues and finishes the season with the same run of results, we could possibly overtake probably all the 3 teams in front of us.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5070 on: January 15, 2020, 08:26:44 am »
I read yesterday a website that suggested that based on their system of calculations, the current Liverpool team is already the best Liverpool side of all timer and the fourth best club side of all time.  The scary thing was that if this team continues and finishes the season with the same run of results, we could possibly overtake probably all the 3 teams in front of us.

Highly dubious. We need to get trophies on the board first. We've got one big pot so far. All time great sides have a few more than that.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #5071 on: January 15, 2020, 08:37:17 am »
Some of these fuckers will need to strap themselves in. It’s going to be a bumpy ride for them for the next decade.

Imagine their mental state in a couple of years time when we’re going for 3 in a row and league number 21.
Reckon you’ve got that wrong mate. I honestly think, once the monkey’s off our back, you’ll see a very different mindset from even our most pessimistic supporters.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5072 on: January 15, 2020, 08:53:10 am »
Reckon you’ve got that wrong mate. I honestly think, once the monkey’s off our back, you’ll see a very different mindset from even our most pessimistic supporters.

Yeah it's a case of finally winning it first and foremost. United fans would have been the same in the 92/93 run in after falling just short the year before and 26 years without a title. They didn't have a big gap but they had the likes of Norwich challenging them rather than a team who've got 198 points the previous two seasons.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5073 on: January 15, 2020, 08:55:38 am »

While smashing everyone 1-0 in the CL on our way to 4 in a row And CONFIDENTLY maintaining a league lead of 3 pts for the last couple of months!...
Soiled undies on a daily basis- everywhere!

"We're not happy until it's mathematically impossible to lose it..!" etc..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 08:59:33 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #5074 on: January 15, 2020, 08:56:41 am »

Yeah, the league just has all of our heads falling off because we haven't won it in so long.

Before that Barca game, I was sound. Convinced we were going to do it, even with two of our front 3 out

But here we are in the league, 14 points clear with a game in hand & my arse is still flapping

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5075 on: January 15, 2020, 09:00:16 am »
Highly dubious. We need to get trophies on the board first. We've got one big pot so far. All time great sides have a few more than that.
http://clubelo.com/System

On results based systems we're going to be high. We've had a historic 18 month run in the league and were good in it the 2 years before. Plus we won the champions league with another final.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5076 on: January 15, 2020, 09:01:00 am »
It's beautiful, isn't it?
A beautiful straight line at the height of performance!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5077 on: January 15, 2020, 09:25:16 am »
How Liverpool Surpassed the Golden State Warriors
Ryan O'Hanlon

https://nograssintheclouds.substack.com/p/how-liverpool-surpassed-the-golden?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjo0MzMwOTY3LCJwb3N0X2lkIjoyMjM4MDgsIl8iOiJSTjhOMCIsImlhdCI6MTU3OTAxMzA5OCwiZXhwIjoxNTc5MDE2Njk4LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItNDA4MCIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.AdjXFb9T1n3GIXPohrSqjQqsQ3rblmUnsgTPo4Og6fI
Thanks for that.
The record heard round the world! It's basically the best record of ANY top professional league-oriented, team sports ever! Amazing!
I found this very interesting:

If Liverpool were huge favorites in every match -- 75 percent to win, 18 percent to tie, and seven percent to lose -- then you’d still only expect them to win 20 of 21 games two percent of the time! “Factoring in that they've had several games with lower odds, and yea, it's quite impressive,” Lopez said.

And this:
It’s not just domestic dominance either. In an era where, from top to bottom, the Premier League is richer and should therefore be more competitive than ever before, Liverpool have broken the record for the best 21-game start in any of Europe’s top five leagues. Despite wild financial and competitive advantages at home, not even Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, or Paris Saint-Germain have ever done this before.

"Weak league"?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:32:59 am by the_red_pill »

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5078 on: January 15, 2020, 09:45:33 am »
Indeed. I am not particularly pessimistic, not at all in fact. Enjoying the ride, watching every game with an expectation they'll properly put to the sword whoever is the opposition. But I was 23 the last time we won the league. So yeah, quite a monkey to get off the back.

It is already different with this season's UCL. Hoping us to keep the title without a care in the world. For it belongs to us and not to anyone else  :wanker
The Boy from Brazil!
Float like Papillon

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5079 on: January 15, 2020, 09:46:27 am »

;D ;D