Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2057379 times)

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12520 on: January 28, 2020, 05:05:33 pm »
The ballot sounds a shite idea.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12521 on: January 28, 2020, 05:07:37 pm »
If the club do it they need to tell us numbers.

How many members there are and how many tickets are available

Then you'll see just how low the odds are

Bearing in mind there will be shit loads of people entering this who don't normally even bother tying for tickets because they assume its impossible or they just cant due to work etc

Online Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12522 on: January 28, 2020, 05:09:42 pm »
Hard to see whether this will just be for the bulks or whether those unsuccessful will go on a waiting list and any season ticket returns will be offered down the waiting list?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #12523 on: January 28, 2020, 05:11:02 pm »
I've managed to get the square root of f*ck all in the bulk sales since they brought them in so any alternative to that is worth a try as far as me getting tickets is concerned.

Can't we go back to postals? I liked postals.
Legacy fan

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12524 on: January 28, 2020, 05:12:56 pm »
If the club do it they need to tell us numbers.

How many members there are and how many tickets are available

Then you'll see just how low the odds are

Bearing in mind there will be shit loads of people entering this who don't normally even bother tying for tickets because they assume its impossible or they just cant due to work etc

I agree about the numbers. They will obviously be reluctant as they are already flogging tens of thousands of memberships to people (including lots of kids) who have no real chance of ever getting a ticket. But they should do it whether or not they go through with this change.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12525 on: January 28, 2020, 05:16:04 pm »
I've managed to get the square root of f*ck all in the bulk sales since they brought them in so any alternative to that is worth a try as far as me getting tickets is concerned.

Can't we go back to postals? I liked postals.

I loved postals :D Always used to have amazing luck, and they always used to be done a day before the general sale so you didn't need to try in that if successful!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #12526 on: January 28, 2020, 05:17:16 pm »
I loved postals :D Always used to have amazing luck, and they always used to be done a day before the general sale so you didn't need to try in that if successful!

The joy of seeing your stamped addressed envelope on the mat  ;D
Legacy fan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12527 on: January 28, 2020, 05:25:05 pm »

If this is the case you've no chance of ever getting 19.

So after working your arse off for years to build up your credits, they now want to throw you in with 100,000 others for some games

So if like this season we could possibly win a league for the first time in 30 years, or win the league again against a Villa or other Cat C game, you're not there coz you missed out on a ballot to somebody who's just bought a membership

I'd rather take my chances for Cat C on the current system than have a 1 in 11 or more chance in a ballot

Completely agree. This just sounds like an easy way for more daytrippers to get in. They probably don't want all us members on 13-19 in every week. Put the effort in and most times you'll get the tickets you want. I'll take that over pot luck in a ballot.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12528 on: January 28, 2020, 06:02:43 pm »
Just completed the survey. I'm totally against the ballot so have reflected so in my response.

The odds of being successful in the ballot are ridiculously low

From your point of view, yes.

However, given the fact I have never got in any of the bulks, ever, on 20+ connections - I'll take the ballot, no problem.

Fail with that, then I'll do the normal late sales F5 shite. That is if I don't get another 3 games this season in order to get to 13+ !
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:05:40 pm by Samio »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12529 on: January 28, 2020, 06:24:01 pm »
From your point of view, yes.

However, given the fact I have never got in any of the bulks, ever, on 20+ connections - I'll take the ballot, no problem.

Fail with that, then I'll do the normal late sales F5 shite. That is if I don't get another 3 games this season in order to get to 13+ !

How many seasons have you failed at?
YNWA.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12530 on: January 28, 2020, 06:42:53 pm »
How many seasons have you failed at?

5 years? Off the top of my head...

Went on quite a lot many years ago, then couldn’t as working away wouldn’t allow it. Job change last year meant I could go through the F5 pain but finished on 12 like a couple on here - devastating.

Hopeful of getting another 3 after Southampton, but still shitting myself over them potentially moving the threshold even higher.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost certain it’s been at 15+ to guarantee tickets before.

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #12531 on: January 28, 2020, 07:18:22 pm »
Fuck the ballot, the current system isn’t perfect but it’s the best they’ll get

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12532 on: January 28, 2020, 09:10:35 pm »
By replacing the bulk sale with a ballot, it should make no real difference other than saving all of us 2+ hours of our time, twice a year. The only people who will miss out are those who have worked out how to hack the queue and get onto the ticketing site with alarming frequency, which isn't as outlandish as it sounds. As someone who has only ever been over an hour in a bulk sale, I'm all for it, even if it means the club telling me which stand I sit in and which single game (if that) a season I will get.

So essentially you want to be able to be handed tickets without having to put any effort in? Imagine all the extra thousands who would just think "Sod it, might as well have a go if it's that easy". We haven't all worked out some kind of "hack" but a lot of us are prepared to keep up the hard work trying and being rewarded for it. A ballot would take all that away, and God knows also if it might affect the atmosphere in the ground. Also - if you're not successful in the ballot you'll end up spending far more than 2 hours twice a year on your F5 button, if you even have a life that allows it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12533 on: January 28, 2020, 09:13:31 pm »
Image the fume in the threads on here with all the "unsuccessful" emails

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12534 on: January 28, 2020, 09:19:54 pm »

;D

There's probably a lot of people thinking this sounds a good idea who haven't been through the pain of a final or semi-final ballot.

And then seeing your waiting list number... ;D

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12535 on: January 28, 2020, 09:22:29 pm »

9 or 10 at a time :lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12536 on: January 28, 2020, 09:23:32 pm »
;D

There's probably a lot of people thinking this sounds a good idea who haven't been through the pain of a final or semi-final ballot.

And then seeing your waiting list number... ;D

Also it's a ballot, so by it's very nature depending on the demand there will still be some who get 0. Though a ballot for 19 games individually is fairer than loads in for a one off - as at least there's a chance you come out a couple of times in the list for a ticket.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #12537 on: January 28, 2020, 10:25:17 pm »
Haha not quite that but I seem to have a good system in place.

Don't want the boat rocked  ;D

Me too

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #12538 on: January 28, 2020, 10:27:14 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

people will always find something to moan about.
Too many want to be able to wake up at 11am and pop on and buy a few games a year

Hard work is rewarded by the current system

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12539 on: January 28, 2020, 10:52:24 pm »
I’ve seen Both sides of the ticket system now

I had a job until December that allowed me to refresh daily for ticket drops- I only missed City

Since December a new job and I can’t refresh for matches - zero matches

So yes the current system works for a lot of people but having seen the other side of the fence I understand people’s frustrations

Whatever system is implemented won’t please all but people spending days a year hammering F5 can’t be the most sensible answer.

There needs to be a middle ground somewhere that rewards a bit of effort but prevents people getting zero matches

I’m fortunate as I’m 900 odd on season ticket list so if this renaming exercise doesn’t get me there I’m only a season or two away so I’m speaking from a neutral stance really

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #12540 on: January 29, 2020, 08:51:56 am »
5 years? Off the top of my head...

Went on quite a lot many years ago, then couldn’t as working away wouldn’t allow it. Job change last year meant I could go through the F5 pain but finished on 12 like a couple on here - devastating.

Hopeful of getting another 3 after Southampton, but still shitting myself over them potentially moving the threshold even higher.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost certain it’s been at 15+ to guarantee tickets before.
It went to 15 when the allocation was cut during the main stand expansion. If anything it should go down with 1000 cards cancelled post Fan Update

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #12541 on: January 29, 2020, 09:02:44 am »
It will be so much harder to get tickets if they do this ballot - If all it takes is for somebody to fill in a form and sit back then there will be literally tens of thousands probably trying for a few hundred (at best) tickets.

How will it also work with tickets that get returned on the morning of the game? Will they expect everybody to have an eye on their phone / emails so they can check for the ticket notification and pay instantly? There will probably be loads of people who apply half-arsed and then swerve it

I've said it time and time again, the only way to sort this ticket situation fairly: Straighteners in the Sandon car park

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12542 on: January 29, 2020, 09:20:13 am »

I've said it time and time again, the only way to sort this ticket situation fairly: Straighteners in the Sandon car park
:lmao

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12543 on: January 29, 2020, 09:20:54 am »
It went to 15 when the allocation was cut during the main stand expansion. If anything it should go down with 1000 cards cancelled post Fan Update

Zero chance of it going down, there's way more than the original 5000 with 13 credits now, as shown woth what was left over after the first sale, plus some being buying hospo and selling on to get to 13 too

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12544 on: January 29, 2020, 09:51:43 am »
There definitely appears to be a correlation between success in bulk sales and pro and anti-ballot standpoints ;D

I think I only tried a postal a few times cos I was at school then but weren't they sort of like a ballot? Don't think I was ever successful in my attempts!

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #12545 on: January 29, 2020, 10:01:43 am »
There definitely appears to be a correlation between success in bulk sales and pro and anti-ballot standpoints ;D

I think I only tried a postal a few times cos I was at school then but weren't they sort of like a ballot? Don't think I was ever successful in my attempts!

I think even with a postal you would have had to have been a bit productive in terms of sending it off etc so it would have filtered out a lot of the half-arsed types. My worry with the ballot is any Tom, Dick or Harry can just click a button and be in the chance of getting a ticket. Surely that is going to attract hoards of people clogging it up

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12546 on: January 29, 2020, 10:02:07 am »

Yeah, they were, I imagine it all depended on where in the big pile on the TO floor your envelope had landed. ;D I can still remember crying with joy when I saw the envelope for the last standing Kop game v Norwich!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12547 on: January 29, 2020, 10:03:00 am »

Number of tickets in my last 4 bulk sales

Number of tickets I’d have got if they were all ballots (probably)

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #12548 on: January 29, 2020, 10:12:50 am »
Last 10 bulk sales:

Would rather tickets were spread throughout membership rather than this feast and famine approach, so welcome alternative ideas, but there is never going to be a proposal which suits all. Maybe we should just let the 19ers have a season ticket, fill Anfield with them every game, and the rest of us can resign ourselves to the armchair and do something else when otherwise we'd be chasing a ticket here and there.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #12549 on: January 29, 2020, 10:14:23 am »
Never got any in the bulk sales past few years and totally against a ballot

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12550 on: January 29, 2020, 10:16:40 am »
They really have picked the worst possible time for this as well. Thousands of us working our arses off during some years of utter shite to build up loyalty and they consider bringing in a random ballot the very season after we might win the league for every Tom, Dick or Harry to jump on the bandwagon?!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12551 on: January 29, 2020, 10:26:43 am »
Last 10 bulk sales:

Would rather tickets were spread throughout membership rather than this feast and famine approach, so welcome alternative ideas, but there is never going to be a proposal which suits all. Maybe we should just let the 19ers have a season ticket, fill Anfield with them every game, and the rest of us can resign ourselves to the armchair and do something else when otherwise we'd be chasing a ticket here and there.

Yes, people are going to favour a system that suits them based on their success of getting tickets during the current system, thats just human nature

And because everyone has different success rates, everyone will want different systems so there will never be one that suits everyone, but people will fight for the one that suits them, naturally

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12552 on: January 29, 2020, 10:27:48 am »
They really have picked the worst possible time for this as well. Thousands of us working our arses off during some years of utter shite to build up loyalty and they consider bringing in a random ballot the very season after we might win the league for every Tom, Dick or Harry to jump on the bandwagon?!

Spot on mate, no sign of these people wanting tickets when there was 37000 on a Boxing Day v Bolton under Hodgson

Think everybody on the 13+ are now accepting that in all likelihood will end up with 16 now and hope the free for all sales aren't crucial, like Villa may be this year.

Reckon there'll be a huge increase in memberships, just like the club want, now as people realise they can just throw their names in a ballot and make no effort.

If there was no increase in memberships I reckon the chances in a ballot for free for all would 1 in 12, think that will jump to 1 in 20 fairly quickly.

Why not think about tiered memberships, with previous history as an entry criteria into each tier
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:29:32 am by Tiz Lad »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12553 on: January 29, 2020, 10:29:54 am »
Number of tickets in my last 4 bulk sales

Number of tickets I’d have got if they were all ballots (probably)

Glass half full you mate ;D

If you look at it like you don't have control over the daft queue, might have a system, but it's not perfect. And there'll still be the other sales, but I liked the idea of registering interest, which they'd in effect have from the ballot because like cup finals if a ticket is available and your number is called then you're sorted. Be interesting if they did it like that.

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12554 on: January 29, 2020, 10:30:32 am »
If there is a ballot, I think all successful applicants should be:
a) automatically be charged 59 quid, and when they select their seat, if it's cheaper - the difference to be returned.
or
b) if you are successful and don't buy a ticket - you are disqualified from the opportunity to apply in the next 2 ballots.

Thus, not many people, who are half-arsed will register for ballot. People will register for the games they are truly interested in attending, instead of just clicking "select all games"
Also, if any ticket is returned to club you only get a 50-70% money back.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12555 on: January 29, 2020, 10:33:06 am »
Where were the fuckers crying for a ballot a few years ago when it was fairly straight-forward to get sorted?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12556 on: January 29, 2020, 10:34:35 am »
If there is a ballot, I think all successful applicants should be:
a) automatically be charged 59 quid, and when they select their seat, if it's cheaper - the difference to be returned.
or
b) if you are successful and don't buy a ticket - you are disqualified from the opportunity to apply in the next 2 ballots.

Thus, not many people, who are half-arsed will register for ballot. People will register for the games they are truly interested in attending, instead of just clicking "select all games"
Also, if any ticket is returned to club you only get a 50-70% money back.

Don't really think punishing people will be in anyone's interest.

Hang on, don't you need 4+ to enter for all games anyway? so it's not everyone, the free for all is only a handful.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12557 on: January 29, 2020, 10:35:31 am »
Glass half full you mate ;D

If you look at it like you don't have control over the daft queue, might have a system, but it's not perfect. And there'll still be the other sales, but I liked the idea of registering interest, which they'd in effect have from the ballot because like cup finals if a ticket is available and your number is called then you're sorted. Be interesting if they did it like that.

I have a 100% success rate on previous ballots, I’m pessimistic on this ballot because of the 1 in 10 odds or thereabouts that it will be

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #12558 on: January 29, 2020, 10:41:15 am »
Just thinking out loud here so could be a shit idea, but what do people think about this to reward loyalty in the ballot?

Every match that you enter the ballot for, you get 1 extra entry per credit from the previous season. So someone on 12 will have 12 extra entries per match, while a new member with 0 credits will only get 1 entry.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12559 on: January 29, 2020, 10:41:43 am »
Don't really think punishing people will be in anyone's interest.

Hang on, don't you need 4+ to enter for all games anyway? so it's not everyone, the free for all is only a handful.

No, 4+ is the other big 6 clubs, Everton and final game, everything else is free for all