The Liverpool FC Forum > European Away forum

Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022

<< < (677/678) > >>

Thepooloflife:

--- Quote from: kesey on May 31, 2022, 10:34:09 pm ---Me dad got lucky , very lucky.

He says that he left the ground with about 10 minutes left ( I know ) and wanted to take the route he knew but the bizzies wouldn't let him. So he sticks his scarf and hat inside his fleece. As he's walking he spots about 200 of the locals and decided to chance it ( proper 3 Para B Coy that ) . He says that after about 30 yards a few of them got on his case going for his pockets and one of them had a blade. He goes ah fuck this if I'm going down I'll take one of youse with me ( proper 3 Para B Coy again ) he says that he couldn't land a dig and was kicked between his shoulder blades and ended up on the deck getting kicked . He gets up thinking I'm fucked here and his instincts were to get back to the bizzies. He says he got whipped up and took afew more kicks so he gets up again and was pulled back and says he back handed him and got out . He goes to the bizzies who threw in tear gas and battoned them . He then says it was scary for about an hour or so but managed to find a bar with a few reds in and someone charged his phone for him so he could get the name of his hotel. He's 73 for fucksake.

Iam not sure if I posted on here but have told loads of mates that Saint - Denis is one rough gaff as I was there for a bit in 2011. I think the crime rate is 31% above the national average.  I spoke to him earlier and he says he's sound but the curry he had on the ferry has fucked him more.

--- End quote ---
Sorry to hear that about your dad mate - hope he's ok....although the trauma may last a bit. Good to see he's still got his sense of humour with the curry comment !

I was with the crowd going out and encountered dozens of the scumbags running towards the crowds armed with knives and screaming out in French - don't mind admitting I was terrified, but kept me head down and made it to the station

Thepooloflife:

--- Quote from: ScubaSteve on June  2, 2022, 11:35:55 am ---I dreamt about what happened last night. It’s been a couple of days now but I think about it a lot. I’ve not had time to think about the football itself, after the events that led to getting into the ground, the result doesn’t really matter right now. I’m staying away from most of the social media platforms. What a mess it was, looking forward to getting the chance to get to another European away game one day so I can wipe some of those memories away!!

--- End quote ---
Not sure if you've seen already, but there's also this link the club posted yesterday I think for those that may need support....

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-offers-support-fans-dealing-distressing-ucl-final-events

ScubaSteve:

--- Quote from: Thepooloflife on June  2, 2022, 07:37:42 pm ---Not sure if you've seen already, but there's also this link the club posted yesterday I think for those that may need support....

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-offers-support-fans-dealing-distressing-ucl-final-events

--- End quote ---

I’m ok mate thanks. I managed to avoid being tear gassed, robbed, beaten up etc. my thoughts were more with those who I spoke to in and around the ground who’d been affected. It’s not good when you find yourself in a situation you have very little control of. Must be thinking too much to be dreaming about it!!

Roughie Scouse:
This is a pretty good account. Plus my ugly mug used and loads of my footage.

https://www.facebook.com/Storyful/posts/pfbid0fbSMPRzSe4Dx8BcpkmSEZv5jYbjsk2FBwx64QXNrdTckEzGnHMqvvcE3PDRBZds9l

red_Mark1980:

--- Quote from: ScubaSteve on June  2, 2022, 08:04:33 pm ---I’m ok mate thanks. I managed to avoid being tear gassed, robbed, beaten up etc. my thoughts were more with those who I spoke to in and around the ground who’d been affected. It’s not good when you find yourself in a situation you have very little control of. Must be thinking too much to be dreaming about it!!

--- End quote ---

Don't belittle anything mate. You may not have been tear gassed or twatted with a baton but we were all affected..

I thought I was OK at kick. Reflecting back. Pretty far from OK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version