Author Topic: Crap Seat in the Main Stand who to contact ?  (Read 21955 times)

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Crap Seat in the Main Stand who to contact ?
« on: September 18, 2016, 09:32:17 pm »
Finally got to use my new seat against Leicester, I have gone from having a Great seat Half way line side of the Penalty Box to have a Crap seat in comparison behind the Kop goal. I was away when all the choosing of seats was going on so i had to pick what appeared to be the best seat available to me i rang the club at the time they said i would be able to change when all sections had picked there seats i couldn`t do this. So i thought see what the seats like hoping for the best.
Compared to my seat before its crap, i contacted the club i said i realised they might not be able to move me right away but they have now come back to say they can`t do anything this season & i must ask for a move for next season.
I don`t think thats good enough who can i contact? What can i do to get them to do something ?
Any suggestions ?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Crap Seat in the Main Stand who to contact ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 09:36:01 pm »
I guess for first half of the season all seats have been sold. Think they could sort you out for second half but that would need to be done before November sales. Good luck getting a result though

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 09:49:29 pm »
I guess for first half of the season all seats have been sold. Think they could sort you out for second half but that would need to be done before November sales. Good luck getting a result though
Yes thats what i thought i also said i`d move or consider a move to any part of the ground, they more or less say your stuck with it we`ve had the money, Tough.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 09:51:11 pm »
Yes thats what i thought i also said i`d move or consider a move to any part of the ground, they more or less say your stuck with it we`ve had the money, Tough.

Disappointing to hear but sadly not surprised in this modern day world of football

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:57 pm »
I was away when all the choosing of seats was going on

You fucked it.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 08:13:47 am »
Be grateful that you have a seat at the table of the Mighty Reds.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 09:33:00 am »
I think logistically mate it probably won't work.

We've got however many seats taken up with Season Tickets. They're boxed.
We've got the members sale (for half the year) assigned out and boxed.
We've got some general sale ones not yet sold.

What you're asking is the club to find a single same seat that's gone unsold in members and unsold in general for the 10 games. It's possible, but unlikely to be the exact same one, and unlikely to be the one you want. Then they'd have to do auto cup if you did that as well.

They could sort it don't get me wrong - they could move other people but I think you're best pushing for the second half of the season, or get something in writing which says you can definitely change next season and ask them the exact process and times so it's all 100% ready for next season.

You might get somewhere but I'm doubting so. The other issue you've got is although the notice was a bit short, it worked for most people (or they asked a friend) and they also made available 'view from my seat' so it wasn't that much of a gamble.

Our ticket office are not the best but I can't see they've done that much wrong here. You may want to just keep ringing. Seems pot luck who you get at times - some say no to things that others say yes to. Try and catch them on a good/slow/quiet day - perhaps go down there.

BTW are you saying you're now in the Kop instead of Main Stand?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 10:01:41 am »
Transfer your ST into my name if you like?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline row19seat111

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 12:26:50 pm »
Use the supporters committee - they're very good...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/supporters-committee/contact

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 12:35:40 pm »
You don't think it's good enough that you weren't available to pick the seat you wanted when the option was there to do so? Failing to see how the club is at fault here? Unless the club told you they would bend over backwards for 1 single supporter and make the other 30000 wait just so you could get first dibs?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 02:52:50 pm »
I don't understand what you expect to happen. You had your chance to choose your seat and you missed it. If they were to swap your seat now that would impact on someone else or completely change the seating plan they have in place (in terms of what tickets go on members/general sale). I know many people who would kill for a season ticket and would kill for a seat behind the Kop goal. Be thankful.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 03:00:56 pm »
I'm not sure what being 'away' means either. Couldn't you you get access to the internet and do it online?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 03:29:46 pm »
First complaint I've heard of being moved FROM the main stand TO the Kop as well!

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 07:14:48 am »
First complaint I've heard of being moved FROM the main stand TO the Kop as well!

Must make to much noise compared to the main and he doesn't like it

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 08:58:30 am »

I was under impression he was still in the main but right on the corner?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 09:01:37 am »
I was under impression he was still in the main but right on the corner?

Yeah that's how I read it.

Not really anyone but yourself to blame given you had the chance to select your own seat. Kinda like picking your own seat on the plane next to the loos and then complaining that it stinks of shit all flight.

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 08:18:39 pm »
Use the supporters committee - they're very good...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/supporters-committee/contact
 Thats a good idea thanks for the advice i`ll get in touch with them.

Offline call me red

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 09:20:40 pm »
Yeah that's how I read it.

Not really anyone but yourself to blame given you had the chance to select your own seat. Kinda like picking your own seat on the plane next to the loos and then complaining that it stinks of shit all flight.
Its more like your on the Plane you`ve picked a great seat & your sat in it, now they say sorry mate we are changing planes but its a better plane and you can choose a new seat, you could have picked one that wasn`t as good as yours but because you couldn`t get through on day one you can only pick one thats next to the Loos. Would you be happy, i don`t think so, you`d ask for a move and hope they can do something. Now its a bad example but if you had booked the same flight every 2 weeks for the next 9 months you expect them to say " We`ll do what we can " LFC Airlines have said " you picked it your stuck with it "

Peaple can`t make it to every match and give the tickets back to the club for every game for the club to resell, they could say to me you can have one of those Tickets and we`ll sell yours, you might be in a different seat for each game the choice is yours.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »
It still comes down to you not "getting through on the day" or "being away" is the reason why you didn't get the seat you wanted. Whichever way you spin it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 02:39:34 pm »
Its more like your on the Plane you`ve picked a great seat & your sat in it, now they say sorry mate we are changing planes but its a better plane and you can choose a new seat, you could have picked one that wasn`t as good as yours but because you couldn`t get through on day one you can only pick one thats next to the Loos. Would you be happy, i don`t think so, you`d ask for a move and hope they can do something. Now its a bad example but if you had booked the same flight every 2 weeks for the next 9 months you expect them to say " We`ll do what we can " LFC Airlines have said " you picked it your stuck with it "

Peaple can`t make it to every match and give the tickets back to the club for every game for the club to resell, they could say to me you can have one of those Tickets and we`ll sell yours, you might be in a different seat for each game the choice is yours.

What about all the people round you? Does the club have to do the same for all of them? You messed up and bottom line is it's your problem not the club's. Your airline analogy is spot on. The best seats go to the people who book first or pay to go first class. You got in late but you have a seat and as long as it's a seat in the same price range then 'in's in'. 

Sounds like they're willing to look at it when the next member's sale is held. That's eight or nine games you'll have to 'suffer' watching the Reds.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 02:43:29 pm »
I think it's really unfair the club didn't accommodate you. I mean they really should have held off doing the seat picking until you had returned from the wilderness where internet wasn't available.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »
Anfield becomes a game of musical chairs and everyone swaps seats :D

Although you could technically befriend someone who wants to do a switch....

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 09:52:24 pm »
I think it's really unfair the club didn't accommodate you. I mean they really should have held off doing the seat picking until you had returned from the wilderness where internet wasn't available.

"Boss we're gonna have to cancel the ticket launch"

"What, why?"

"Call me Red has no internet"

"Jesus, thank god you told me in time"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 11:04:57 pm »
What about all the people round you? Does the club have to do the same for all of them? You messed up and bottom line is it's your problem not the club's. Your airline analogy is spot on. The best seats go to the people who book first or pay to go first class. You got in late but you have a seat and as long as it's a seat in the same price range then 'in's in'. 

Sounds like they're willing to look at it when the next member's sale is held. That's eight or nine games you'll have to 'suffer' watching the Reds.

Not sure an airline analogy is such a good fit. Traditionally a fans season ticket is for the same seat season in season out. What has changed is the Club now wants to sell the best seats for a premium price. Traditionally you had the option to stump up the extra money or move to a different area. With the redevelopment of the new stand that has changed.

The Club has now changed some general admission areas into corporate areas. For me in that case the Club has to do the right thing and make sure that the people who have been turfed out of their seats are treated fairly.

The reality is that there are plenty of season ticket holders in the Main Stand who are not exactly in the first flush of youth and having a first come first served internet pick your seat scheme is not ideal.

Let us remember that not all Liverpool fans can use the internet.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 12:27:40 pm »
call me red being David Moores does add up actually.

Used to have a great seat on the half way line...

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 02:23:38 pm »
Not sure an airline analogy is such a good fit. Traditionally a fans season ticket is for the same seat season in season out. What has changed is the Club now wants to sell the best seats for a premium price. Traditionally you had the option to stump up the extra money or move to a different area. With the redevelopment of the new stand that has changed.

The Club has now changed some general admission areas into corporate areas. For me in that case the Club has to do the right thing and make sure that the people who have been turfed out of their seats are treated fairly.

The reality is that there are plenty of season ticket holders in the Main Stand who are not exactly in the first flush of youth and having a first come first served internet pick your seat scheme is not ideal.

Let us remember that not all Liverpool fans can use the internet.

Top post - be good if the ticket office could use the internet properly too - and one day common sense. Either would be good, preferably both though ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 10:52:03 pm »
In this case I dont think the OP has much to complain about, however the admin in the club has got worse and worse.
I called the club in July and was told with the Disabled fan membership I had that it was still active and I can apply in the normal circumstances. That is call 18 days before the game and go into the Ballot. 
I call 18 days before Burnley away only to be told Im too late as I had to buy a new membership by July and I am now illegible. I cant even apply for tickets until November.

The only exception is if all tickets are not sold you can apply if you have an L postcode. So misinformation is followed by prejudice.  Brilliant

Its far from the club I started supporting 30 odd years ago when I was invited in to m=Melwood on numerous occasions.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 10:55:01 pm »
In this case I dont think the OP has much to complain about, however the admin in the club has got worse and worse.
I called the club in July and was told with the Disabled fan membership I had that it was still active and I can apply in the normal circumstances. That is call 18 days before the game and go into the Ballot. 
I call 18 days before Burnley away only to be told Im too late as I had to buy a new membership by July and I am now illegible. I cant even apply for tickets until November.

The only exception is if all tickets are not sold you can apply if you have an L postcode. So misinformation is followed by prejudice.  Brilliant

Its far from the club I started supporting 30 odd years ago when I was invited in to m=Melwood on numerous occasions.

It's not prejudice, it's getting more locals into the ground
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 11:34:58 pm »

No, its prejudice. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 01:06:03 pm »
No, its prejudice.

That's a highly charged word.

To me it looks like a mistake. A shitty one. But not a targeted one.

I'd complain to the club for an explanation of why you were told two things.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 01:40:58 pm »
That's a highly charged word.

To me it looks like a mistake. A shitty one. But not a targeted one.

I'd complain to the club for an explanation of why you were told two things.

I have.  its got me nowhere except trying all 1st half yesterday trying to get a shitty internet stream. 

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2016, 02:28:11 pm »
 :( Sucks mate. I would at least hope you got an explanation, the bare minimum. Well, bad on the club, then.

Check Sportsmania for streams, saves some ballache aspects from not attending the games at least! Kodi thread in tech

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2016, 04:52:45 pm »

I qualify for the local scheme so have no reason to moan about it however I'd agree with Kenny's Jacket that it's prejudice.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 04:57:00 pm »
No, its prejudice. 

It's important Liverpool FC doesn't lose it's scouse heart, it's one of the things that makes it unique and special, tons of locals are already priced out and struggle to go see their local team. it's to help fix this problem.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2016, 05:20:10 pm »
I'm outside the L postcode area, just, but I've been to plenty (dozens) of games over the years as I'm on the ball on ticket days and the like.

Since this policy is only for "extra" (unsold) tickets (important! it's not "total" prejudice!) I don't find it too bad. I'm scouse by birth but not there for work purposes, haven't been for years now.... so I like "my" seat going to true, local reds, I just hope the bell ends who leave early, take phone videos, refuse to sing etc. get whittled out. I won't feel entitled, as I don't feel I'm missing out. I think we all want a reduction in the class of people who do what I just described; they shouldn't have tickets above true reds, but how can you police that?

I accept being "second tier" as I'm not in the area. It's Liverpool Football Club.

Overall that policy might be a decent compromise... if you're an OOT, you can go, but you have to be sharp with membership registration, buying tickets on time etc. If you're a local you can relax a bit comparatively, but I'd still suggest being sharp. I wouldn't say it's prejudice - I'd call it preference.

I'd err on the side of caution anyway to be honest. You have to try your best and you have to voice your concerns or the club will be none the wiser. Of course the ticket process online leaves loads to be desired.... plenty of gripes to go around. But it's about supporting the team, and for that reason I think probability suggests locals = better support. Though my worst experiences have been with aul arses who do fuck all but moan.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:25:00 pm by ToneLa »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »
If you can't discriminate in favour of fans from Liverpool, then it won't be the same club..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 10:41:29 pm »
It's important Liverpool FC doesn't lose it's scouse heart, it's one of the things that makes it unique and special, tons of locals are already priced out and struggle to go see their local team. it's to help fix this problem.

You have a point. Not that I think Scousers make for better fans, they as much as anyone can be the moaning bastards inside the ground. However I do take your point.  However the tickets, to my knowledge are not cheaper. Plus its not like Anfield is devoid of Scousers.

If the club want to give them a price decrease then fine, however to stop me getting tickets and make them only available to those in an L postcode is a pile of shite.

That's without pointing out that not everyone living in an L postcode is Scouse, nor not all Scousers who want to go the match have an L postcode.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 11:23:34 pm »
It was good to see a lot of families with young kids in the £9 seats in U9.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 11:27:32 pm »
If you can't discriminate in favour of fans from Liverpool, then it won't be the same club..
not all of them live in Liverpool though, although there is no way the club can accommodate those in a separate sale aside from a 'member formerly had a L postcode address'

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 07:54:03 am »
The L Postcode tickets were brought in after consolation and suggestions from supporter groups. So it's more a case of fans "discriminating" against fans, rather than the club doing it.

Not that I see it as discrimination myself, but there was a reason it was brought in and the club shouldn't be blamed for.