Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 591823 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3080 on: June 11, 2018, 02:32:58 pm »
We could, and then expect as many draws as the previous season. Unless the front 3 are at the top of their game each and every time, we need more creativity from the midfield. With AOC out, and Fekir possibly (likely?) not coming, Lallana is our best midfielder in attack, far better than Milner, Henderson or Wijnaldum. I expect Keita to start right away, same with Fabinho really, but out of the current options Lallana makes the most sense beside them. He too will get a full pre season, knows Klopp's system fully, and is the best goalscorer of the midfielders we've got. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start plenty of games at the start of the season.

But sure, we could sell him, especially if Fekir does come, but I still struggle to see why. Any new player who arrives late will take a bit of time to adapt, so I'd still rather have Lallana around for at least another season. I don't want us to "get through a transition period", I want us to challange for the title. If that is our goal, having Lallana is better than not having him, even if he ends up playing just 10 games.

I don't want to sound like I'm pushing for a sale of Lallana. We could opt to sell Milner and keep Lallana for example. Main point is I don't think we have room for everyone.

When I said transition period, I meant more like an adjustment period for the new players, a transition from the current midfield to one including Keita and Fabinho.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3081 on: June 11, 2018, 04:33:08 pm »
I don't want to sound like I'm pushing for a sale of Lallana. We could opt to sell Milner and keep Lallana for example. Main point is I don't think we have room for everyone.

When I said transition period, I meant more like an adjustment period for the new players, a transition from the current midfield to one including Keita and Fabinho.

Veering off topic, but I'd be keeping Milner purely because he's a perfect substitute/utility player. 7th sub. Covers fullbacks, centre mid, and could do a job in the front line at a push if we want to rest, or close out a game with 10/15 to go.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3082 on: June 11, 2018, 05:01:20 pm »

This is pretty much where I am with the midfield situation. I'd definitely want us to keep Lallana if we don't get Fekir/another AM type player, and even if we did I'd rather keep him around than not, as I think he's a brilliant player at his best.

Depends on him more than anything though, as even if we don't sign another midfielder then we'll have a lot of senior midfielders, especially when Ox returns, and he may decide he fancies going somewhere where he's indisputably first choice. Still feel there's a place for Lallana mind, especially if he's over his injury problems (big if, of course) and has a good pre season. 16/17 I thought he was arguably our best player, and if he can get back to that sort of level then we're golden.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #3083 on: June 11, 2018, 08:25:20 pm »
What compassion would you like me to show?

Well given you dont rate the lad about as much compassion as respect i might have for your opinion of him will be about right.

Some of the people in here are quick to decide which players are good enough for this club my question is though are they good enough for this club?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3084 on: June 12, 2018, 01:41:04 am »
If you actually read my whole post, you would see that EVERYONE is a 50/50 option for each starting XI, and this is a good thing as it means that we can rest/rotate/cover injuries and change our tactical setup for each and every game.

Lallana is integral to our team (or if you want to be pedantic, to our squad), as when fit, he is clearly one of the starting options for the attacking midfield role(s).

Fair points but I think integral is not the right word there. Not debating about having a strong squad, or having options - both are clearly important. Not even debating that we don't have guaranteed starters in a lot of positions - there are certain question marks in a few positions (which is why we need to strengthen). And not debating the role of Lallana as someone who does strengthen the squad, because with the current squad I think he does strengthen it. I just think you are misusing the word 'integral' with respect to Lallana and perhaps overestimating his impact.

You're only as good as your last season in some respects. What is demonstrably true is that we had a very successful season with Lallana basically absent from the team/squad for much of it. To me that says we are capable of achieving good results and success whether Lallana is there or not. The point of someone (or something) being integral is that 'the whole' wouldn't function the same without the 'integral part'. Salah is a good example. Salah was a major driver for our success this season and for the 30 minutes of the CL final we looked like we could win the game with him. Yet after he came off, we looked a shadow of the side and couldn't function in the same way. In that sense, he was integral to our success (with him we were successful, without him we struggled) - a rough example but I think you get the point. I don't think you can really say the same about Lallana this season, because he wasn't there. Last season, well perhaps there is a case to be made because he was one of the good players.

A lot of his fate will depend on whom we sign. This is exactly why he is not integral, because if he was, then it wouldn't matter who we signed - he would play anyway (For example, there is pretty much no-one we could realistically sign that would mean that Salah, VVD and Firmino wouldn't be nailed on starters). Thus far Klopp has made very astute purchases and we've signed strong players that will be strong contenders for starters in the first team. That consigns the incumbents to being backups if they are displaced (this is exactly what you said in your post also). If Lallana was a backup to the incumbents, who are then consigned to being backups for new signings, then he would become a backup for the backup which is hardly integral.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3085 on: June 12, 2018, 10:29:46 am »
What compassion would you like me to show?

None. But it would be lovely if you could show some wit occasionally.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #3086 on: June 12, 2018, 10:46:29 am »
Klopp's words about Lallana towards the end of the season, and he repeated them at different times, suggested to me that he was going to be part of his plans. 'We achieved all of this without a player of Lallana's ability - wow!'

He was disappointing on his return from injury but we can't hold that against him - it was clear he needed minutes to build fitness and form and we just couldn't give it to him given the situation we were in. If he has no recurrence of the injury and has a full pre-season then he should be absolutely part of our plans.

If we are resting Mane/Salah/Firmino for a League Cup or FA Cup tie then I would rather Lallana coming into the team as a wide forward than Ings/Woodburn/Solanke... AOC is going to be out for the rest of the year so there is even room for him to play in one of those front three slots if we don't sign an AOC/Fekir type.

Fabinho/Keita/Henderson/Milner/Lallana/Wijnaldum are our only fit midfielders going into the season. Lallana's ability to play in the midfield and front three makes him more valuable to the squad IMO. Same with Milner.

Given the troubles we had towards the end of the season, I want them all to stay. Unless there are question marks around fitness.

City had Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Toure and Foden to call on last season - Toure made 17 appearances last season and Foden 10. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be having similar depth to our squad. We were one injury or suspension from having TAA playing CM in a CL final for us last season..!!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3087 on: June 12, 2018, 01:07:38 pm »
Klopp's words about Lallana towards the end of the season, and he repeated them at different times, suggested to me that he was going to be part of his plans. 'We achieved all of this without a player of Lallana's ability - wow!'

He was disappointing on his return from injury but we can't hold that against him - it was clear he needed minutes to build fitness and form and we just couldn't give it to him given the situation we were in. If he has no recurrence of the injury and has a full pre-season then he should be absolutely part of our plans.

If we are resting Mane/Salah/Firmino for a League Cup or FA Cup tie then I would rather Lallana coming into the team as a wide forward than Ings/Woodburn/Solanke... AOC is going to be out for the rest of the year so there is even room for him to play in one of those front three slots if we don't sign an AOC/Fekir type.

Fabinho/Keita/Henderson/Milner/Lallana/Wijnaldum are our only fit midfielders going into the season. Lallana's ability to play in the midfield and front three makes him more valuable to the squad IMO. Same with Milner.

Given the troubles we had towards the end of the season, I want them all to stay. Unless there are question marks around fitness.

City had Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Toure and Foden to call on last season - Toure made 17 appearances last season and Foden 10. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be having similar depth to our squad. We were one injury or suspension from having TAA playing CM in a CL final for us last season..!!

We still have six midfielders to choose from, not counting AOC. That's enough.

It's correct to say that we were close to having to use TAA in CM. In the end, we didn't and we fielded both Lallana and Can. Let be they were not match fit, but that's part of the game. I don't think we need to change a great deal from this season going into next. All we need to do is to is secure better players. That's difficult, but we don't need more depth.

Lallana is a good player. I've said what I need about him earlier. But I want to add that we shouldn't be afraid to use for example Woodburn. If we're talking about player 19, 20 etc in the squad then we need to dare to go with the likes of Woodburn at the expense of someone like Lallana. Generally speaking. The contribution from that player will most likely be small and our season won't depend on that player. If we look one or two seasons forward, the benefit of giving a few games to Woodburn will be much greater than the short term gain of giving the same games to someone like Lallana.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3088 on: June 12, 2018, 01:17:53 pm »
I've no doubt the best way to make up the 25-points we were behind Man City last season is to sell players like Lallana and play Woodburn instead. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3089 on: June 12, 2018, 01:39:37 pm »

We were down to the bare bones in midfield towards the end of last season true, but that was only because we had a freakish injury crisis. You're right that City have good midfield depth (and Delph and possbly Zinchenko ply there too, I think) but of those you listed only De Bruyne, D. Silva, Fernndinho and Gundogan saw significant minutes in midfield - Bernardo was used mostly in attack, Toure got less the 500 minutes and Foden got 240, most of those in two dead rubber CL games.

I'm not saying depth is a bad thing at all, just that we're getting on the heavy side in midfield as things stand, and if Klopp still wants an attacking player who can play in midfield too (Fekir or whoever) then we'll be even heavier there. Sure, it'd be useful if we end up having three CMs out long-term injuries again like last season, but I think if you have injury crises like that as a matter of rote then you either have terrible luck or too many injury prone players. This is not me saying i want to move Lallana on, just pointing out that, in my view, we have a lot of senior CMs and the likelihood is that one or two may see very little gametime next year if something doesn't give.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3090 on: June 12, 2018, 01:57:18 pm »
If we're talking about player 19, 20 etc in the squad then we need to dare to go with the likes of Woodburn at the expense of someone like Lallana.

We really, really don't.

I rate Woodburn as highly as anyone but there is no good reason whatsoever to push Lallana out of the the club this summer. 

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3091 on: June 12, 2018, 02:23:48 pm »
I've no doubt the best way to make up the 25-points we were behind Man City last season is to sell players like Lallana and play Woodburn instead.

Well I think he'd only be sold if we got someone else in who was better. If we bought a player who was better than Lallana, obviously he'd be getting the chances ahead of Woodburn I would have thought.

Without some new recruits in the front 3 areas, and in the AM role, I can't see us shipping Lallana, especially with AOC out for a considerable amount of time.

Online trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #3092 on: June 12, 2018, 02:28:21 pm »
I really do think people forget how good Lallana was until he got injured. No chance in hell Klopp is looking to offload him. He may not play every game but he will be a valuable member of the squad next season.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:10 pm »
We really, really don't.

I rate Woodburn as highly as anyone but there is no good reason whatsoever to push Lallana out of the the club this summer. 

Depends on where we see Lallana. I won't say Lallana is supposed to be as low as 19 or 20. His previous seasons suggest he's higher up the hierarachy than 19 or 20. What I will say though is if we think Lallana is that low in our hierarchy, we should go with Woodburn & Co instead.

What we're typically talking about here is a player who gets ~10 PL appearances. This last season, we had 20 players with more PL appearances than Lallana. I think it's fair to say that he didn't play a big part in our season. That is not the same as saying Lallana shouldn't play a bigger part next season. Like I said, his past suggest that he will play much more. 

But at this level (around 10 PL appearances/season or less), it's better for us if we use Academy players. When Clyne was sidelined, we saw what happened with TAA. He got to play and did well. We didn't go out and secure another senior player to be on the safe side, we went with TAA and it was the right decision. In previous seasons we have seen Flanagan step in and do a job for us when needed.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3094 on: June 12, 2018, 03:30:06 pm »
The hope with Lallana next season is probably that he can be something like 2008/09 Benayoun for the squad. He featured in almost every game as a rotation option or off the bench and was crucial in unlocking low block sides a lot of the time with a bit of creativity. But despite being in the squad for 90% of the games, he only played ~50% of the minutes.

If Lallana can be that player for us next season, then he is definitely worth keeping around. He is quite a unique player and offers something different that could be the difference maker in a lot of tight games. The question though is whether, like Yossi, he can stay fit for the entire season if used sparingly?

Hamstring Injury   2018 March 31st
Muscle Injury   2018 January 22nd
Thigh Strain   2017 August 4th
Thigh   2017 March 25th
Achilles Injury   2017 February 4th
Knock   2017 January 25th
Groin Strain   2016 November 15th
Groin Strain   2016 October 1st
Ankle/Foot Injury   2016 June 24th
Calf/Shin Injury   2016 February 10th
Hip/Thigh Injury   2015 August 23rd
Groin/Pelvis Injury   2015 March 22nd
Groin/Pelvis Injury   2015 February 4th
Hip/Thigh Injury   2015 January 1st
LCL Knee Ligament Injury   2014 July 25th

2013/14, Aged 25, Southampton, 38/38 Squads, 38/38 Games played, 91% minutes played
2014/15, Aged 26, Liverpool, 31/38 Squads, 27/38 Games played, 52% minutes played, 3 injuries
2015/16, Aged 27, Liverpool, 32/38 Squads, 30/38 Games played, 62% minutes played, 2 injuries
2016/17, Aged 28, Liverpool, 31/38 Squads, 31/38 Games played, 69% minutes played, 5 injuries
2017/18, Aged 29, Liverpool, 14/38 Squads, 12/38 Games played, 7% minutes played, 3 injuries

The worry is having already peaked physically at 27, each of those could take a toll on him physically which will reduce his effectiveness for us similar to how we saw with Sturridge. He is averaging 3,75 injuries per season with us in his time here. A lot of them being joint/muscular too. If he can get back to being available for the squad 80% of the time as he was in his first 3 seasons and being involved in 50% of the minutes, he will be a great player to have for the squad next season. The injuries do worry me though. I stated last summer he was probably our most important player as being the most adept at playing in tight spaces. With the likes of Chamberlain, Keita, Fekir (or similar) being added, he is no longer the solitary needle player in our squad he once was although I do still believe the most effective against a low block where technique and intelligence tends to be more effective than pace & power.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3095 on: June 12, 2018, 03:50:17 pm »
Well I think he'd only be sold if we got someone else in who was better. If we bought a player who was better than Lallana, obviously he'd be getting the chances ahead of Woodburn I would have thought.

Without some new recruits in the front 3 areas, and in the AM role, I can't see us shipping Lallana, especially with AOC out for a considerable amount of time.
Lallana won't be getting sold this summer no matter who we bring in.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3096 on: June 12, 2018, 03:58:16 pm »
Depends on where we see Lallana. I won't say Lallana is supposed to be as low as 19 or 20. His previous seasons suggest he's higher up the hierarachy than 19 or 20. What I will say though is if we think Lallana is that low in our hierarchy, we should go with Woodburn & Co instead.

Let's see how Woodburn and the rest of the youngsters get on in pre-season before we start putting them ahead of players like Adam Lallana in the pecking order; Trent took his opportunity last summer and ran with it, the likes of Woodburn and Wilson are going to have to do likewise in whatever opportunities they get in the coming weeks.

Woodburn is great, I think there's a good chance of him having a long-term future at Liverpool, but he's someone that Klopp seemingly remains reluctant to use in the first-team at the moment.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3097 on: June 13, 2018, 09:01:18 am »

What we're typically talking about here is a player who gets ~10 PL appearances. This last season, we had 20 players with more PL appearances than Lallana. I think it's fair to say that he didn't play a big part in our season. That is not the same as saying Lallana shouldn't play a bigger part next season. Like I said, his past suggest that he will play much more. 

But at this level (around 10 PL appearances/season or less), it's better for us if we use Academy players. When Clyne was sidelined, we saw what happened with TAA. He got to play and did well. We didn't go out and secure another senior player to be on the safe side, we went with TAA and it was the right decision. In previous seasons we have seen Flanagan step in and do a job for us when needed.
It is much harder to break through in an attacking midfield/forward role at a club at our level than it is playing at fullback. That needs to be taken into consideration.

There’s a reason we’ve spent around 150-160 million on AOC, Lallana, Firmino, Mane and Salah (and their combined worth is now much greater too), compared to about 34 million on our senior fullbacks (Clyne, Robertson, Moreno).

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3098 on: June 13, 2018, 09:09:43 am »
I have no problem with a midfield six of Lallana, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita and Fabinho with Oxlade to return. I think they're all really good players and a good mix of attacking and defensive options. It's only when we start adding that I start thinking we need to subtract from somewhere. Lallana or otherwise.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #3099 on: June 13, 2018, 09:37:45 am »
Milner is utility from here on in though. A great bench option who can cover half the positions on the pitch.

And any new midfielder we bring in will most probably be a hybrid mid / attacker. As far as I can see numbers wise we’d be perfect with a new AM who provides bobby cover and a wide option. From the bench.

Lallana executes klopps pressing game as well as anyone in the squad. And I’m pretty sure that will still be the case after pre season.

Selling him now would be utter madness.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: June 13, 2018, 09:40:35 am »
I have no problem with a midfield six of Lallana, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita and Fabinho with Oxlade to return. I think they're all really good players and a good mix of attacking and defensive options. It's only when we start adding that I start thinking we need to subtract from somewhere. Lallana or otherwise.
Would you personally have a problem if we added an attacking midfielder like Fekir to that group? If so, why?

I can understand that the club wants to balance the books, and it is reasonable to look at our midfield if we need to sell someone, but I don't get why so many actively wants us to get rid of players. Bad ones who contribute nothing, fine, but I want us to have as many good players as possible as long as we can afford it and everyone is happy to compete for a spot.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3101 on: June 13, 2018, 10:51:19 am »

It depends whether we're going to be using the 4-3-3 or instead a double pivot more frequently next season.

4-3-3:

Fabinho
Henderson

Lallana                     Keita
Oxlade           Wijnaldum/Milner

4-4-2:

Fabinho             Keita
Henderson        Wijnaldum/Milner

The double pivot looks decent. Dependable back-ups in Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner, with Lallana and Oxlade able to fill in at a real push, but more realistically front four options.

In the three, we have great depth in the 6 and the more defensive 8. It's the more attacking 8 where we may be a little light given Oxlade and Lallana's injury issues. This is precisely why Fekir made so much sense, in terms of both his ability to cover the midfield three and the front three, and of course his magical left foot to give us more balance (it sounds basic but none of our other midfielders are left-footed and, for me, this has been a long-standing, glaring weakness in our squad).

If we commit to a double pivot then in outfield terms I think we simply need two attacking players (one winger and one forward). If we want to carry on with the 4-3-3, though, then I think we do need that 'dual' option like Fekir to go alongside an attacker, otherwise we're only one or two injuries away from decrying a lack of creativity and drive from midfield once more next campaign.

Sure, if Lallana goes down again, you simply move Keita into the more free-roaming midfield role (and his ability may well demand that role in any case), but what if Keita gets suspended or injured, too? It's back to square one.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: June 13, 2018, 12:57:06 pm »
Let's see how Woodburn and the rest of the youngsters get on in pre-season before we start putting them ahead of players like Adam Lallana in the pecking order; Trent took his opportunity last summer and ran with it, the likes of Woodburn and Wilson are going to have to do likewise in whatever opportunities they get in the coming weeks.

Woodburn is great, I think there's a good chance of him having a long-term future at Liverpool, but he's someone that Klopp seemingly remains reluctant to use in the first-team at the moment.

It is much harder to break through in an attacking midfield/forward role at a club at our level than it is playing at fullback. That needs to be taken into consideration.

There’s a reason we’ve spent around 150-160 million on AOC, Lallana, Firmino, Mane and Salah (and their combined worth is now much greater too), compared to about 34 million on our senior fullbacks (Clyne, Robertson, Moreno).

I don't mean to say someone has a free pass. Of course the young players need to show something to be included, but their roles willl naturally be smaller and the expectation is lower. The important thing for me is we find a way to include them. We should count on them to 'make up the numbers'. Simplified it means we don't have senior players in roles where they play in <10 league games for us. We should give those games to the younger players instead.

It may be easier to make the fullback position compared to an attacking position. In general though, I want us to use the same kind of concept. And I think we do.

Last year we went into the season with Origi, Sturridge, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Ings, Lallana and Solanke as attacking options. What happened? We pretty much went through the season with Salah, Mane, Firmino, Solanke and Coutinho playing bigger roles. I believe Lallana started one league game. This is similar to how it looked in CM with a handful of players playing a lot. That makes me think it's by design. We want it to be like that. We removed more senior options (Origi and Sturridge) that we didn't expect to play a central part in our season. We gave games to Solanke instead. Our squad was exposed. Solanke wasn't able to fill that big a role, but that's not the important thing. He wasn't expected to. He played in more games than he should have. Because Coutinho left and Lallana and Ings were out injured for a long time. That's the problem.

With that view our focus going into next season is a new Coutinho and we need more games from either Lallana/Ings, or Solanke playing at a higher level, or we need a new player. To me that means a bigger contribution from Lallana/Ings or a new player. 

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3103 on: June 13, 2018, 01:52:14 pm »
Would you personally have a problem if we added an attacking midfielder like Fekir to that group? If so, why?

I can understand that the club wants to balance the books, and it is reasonable to look at our midfield if we need to sell someone, but I don't get why so many actively wants us to get rid of players. Bad ones who contribute nothing, fine, but I want us to have as many good players as possible as long as we can afford it and everyone is happy to compete for a spot.

I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. It's just minutes for another midfield signing leave somebody out in the cold as far as game time goes.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3104 on: June 14, 2018, 01:01:32 pm »
It's back to square one.
I definitely see that space you're talking about, especially if it's someone with that Fekir/Coutinho positional flexibility. But note that you are saying something like 'if we get two injuries, we're back to square one'. Well, yeah. That's how it always is, there isn't any squad in world football that's more than two or three injuries away from playing the kids or serious positional shuffling.

Could we use more depth in that position? For sure, but more in the sense of having a top quality player to play there, with both Lallana and Oxlade coming with injury/age question marks now. I don't think it's a disaster by any means if we don't, though. Our midfield last season wasn't quite good enough, but it certainly wasn't bad, either.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3105 on: June 22, 2018, 01:22:10 pm »
Can't see us getting rid of Adam, technically our best footballer and has been integral in the way Klopp like to set up his press.

Lets hope he has a bit more luck with injuries, would have definitely improved our MF options last season, had he been fully fit.

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3106 on: June 22, 2018, 01:35:09 pm »
If he stays fit during pre-season, I'm pretty sure he'll start the first game of the season.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3107 on: June 22, 2018, 01:58:29 pm »
If he stays fit during pre-season, I'm pretty sure he'll start the first game of the season.

Definitely! As OX will be out Lallana will be our first choice attacking mid. Hopefully we can keep him fit till the new year when OX is back.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3108 on: August 31, 2018, 09:48:56 am »
It's interesting that he's gone straight back into the England squad despite barely featuring in competitive games and looking a bit off the pace during pre-season.  He even almost made the World Cup squad on the back of hardly playing all season.  Southgate clearly rates him very highly!

Hopefully he's linking up with England with Klopp's blessing.  Getting an hour or so in could be beneficial for him, assuming England don't decide to flog him and send him back broken (again).

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: August 31, 2018, 09:58:44 am »
Hopefully he starts both games.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: August 31, 2018, 01:43:27 pm »
Ill revisit this thread on August 10th when the window closes. You can give me all the shit you want if Lallana is still here

We will see then.

So then, you were saying?

;)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3111 on: August 31, 2018, 01:46:58 pm »
Ill revisit this thread on August 10th when the window closes. You can give me all the shit you want if Lallana is still here

We will see then.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FshU58nI0Ts&amp;ab_channel=OduncuGömle&#287;i" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FshU58nI0Ts&amp;ab_channel=OduncuGömle&#287;i</a>
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3112 on: September 2, 2018, 10:54:51 am »

We will see then.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RKEcjXAqnYA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RKEcjXAqnYA</a>
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3113 on: September 2, 2018, 12:14:48 pm »

We will see then.

Last Active: August 11, 2018, 01:36:15 AM

Last post - June 19th.

:lmao

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3114 on: September 2, 2018, 04:15:39 pm »
Last Active: August 11, 2018, 01:36:15 AM

Last post - June 19th.

:lmao

Lol 😂 don’t you just love it when a RAWK prophet plays a high stakes game and loses
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: September 2, 2018, 04:18:34 pm »

We will see then.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3116 on: September 2, 2018, 04:32:35 pm »

We will see then.
Everyone having a great time crowing about this post, but in fairness, it was before the news that Oxlade-Chamberlain's injury would keep him out for the whole season.

Lallana's Anfield career is not on a good trajectory at the moment.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: September 2, 2018, 04:47:28 pm »
Everyone having a great time crowing about this post, but in fairness, it was before the news that Oxlade-Chamberlain's injury would keep him out for the whole season.

Lallana's Anfield career is not on a good trajectory at the moment.

Errr the whole point about the news in regards to Ox was that we knew all along how serious his injury was and that he would be out for the season. We didn't learn that the day of press release, we've known [and by we i mean the club, the manager and Ox] that all along. The news was released when it was due to Ox's wishes. Lallana was never going anywhere regardless.

So your point is invalid.

Lallana's career at Anfield will be fine, if he stays healthy, he will play a part this season as we'll be playing 3 games a week as soon as we are back from the break.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3118 on: September 2, 2018, 04:56:11 pm »
Lallana is still our most technical player (haven't seen enough of Keita to say otherwise), but given our schedule this season I believe he will have big part to play.

Lets hope he stays clear of injuries.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: September 2, 2018, 04:58:21 pm »
Errr the whole point about the news in regards to Ox was that we knew all along how serious his injury was and that he would be out for the season. We didn't learn that the day of press release, we've known [and by we i mean the club, the manager and Ox] that all along. The news was released when it was due to Ox's wishes. Lallana was never going anywhere regardless.

So your point is invalid.

Lallana's career at Anfield will be fine, if he stays healthy, he will play a part this season as we'll be playing 3 games a week as soon as we are back from the break.

'Errr' no, it's not. The person getting a gentle ribbing for predicting Lallana would leave didn't know Oxlade-Chamberlain would be out for so long, and might have had a different view if he/she had.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2018, 05:09:58 pm by KingKolo »