Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1739023 times)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #11280 on: June 24, 2022, 06:47:05 pm »
Bit like Drinkwater going to Chelsea.
Bloody hell … I was pretty ready to write exactly that 😅. This and Grealish signing feels like an attempt to wash and cleanse the sportwashing image of a sportwashing club. This is to replace Fernandinho or Gundogan?
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #11281 on: June 24, 2022, 07:04:46 pm »
Bloody hell … I was pretty ready to write exactly that 😅. This and Grealish signing feels like an attempt to wash and cleanse the sportwashing image of a sportwashing club. This is to replace Fernandinho or Gundogan?

Fernandinho I would have thought. Phillips can play Rodri's role against the fodder with no discernible drop in quality which would give Rodri adequate rest time.

"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11282 on: June 24, 2022, 07:26:27 pm »
city buying everyone again .. like Chelsea they ruin more careers than succeed  ...oh lets buy 5 of everything and well see whos best ...and the joke is they get away with it .... sorry rant vented
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11283 on: June 24, 2022, 07:40:04 pm »
How are City getting away with just £42m - English and an international normally equals a premium- he’s first choice for Southgate when fit. I smell something fishy again

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11284 on: June 24, 2022, 07:47:35 pm »
How are City getting away with just £42m - English and an international normally equals a premium- he’s first choice for Southgate when fit. I smell something fishy again

It’s £45m, and ‘just’? Seems a huge amount for what he is.

Playing for England isn’t a great measure is it? Southgate is an awful coach who loves to stack his team with defensive midfielders. He’d not be anywhere near a start for other big nations.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11285 on: June 24, 2022, 07:48:17 pm »

If anything, that's kept his price down!  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11286 on: June 24, 2022, 07:51:35 pm »
It’s £45m, and ‘just’? Seems a huge amount for what he is.

Playing for England isn’t a great measure is it? Southgate is an awful coach who loves to stack his team with defensive midfielders. He’d not be anywhere near a start for other big nations.

I don’t rate him but going by the fees being quoted for him it does seem on the low side.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11287 on: June 24, 2022, 07:58:21 pm »

They paid £40m for Ake, similar level of ability I'd say.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11288 on: June 24, 2022, 08:00:44 pm »
Newcastle are close to signing Sven Botman from Lille for €40m (£34.4m) with add-ons.

The Dutch defender was wanted by Newcastle’s manager, Eddie Howe, in January but a deal could not be completed. It should now happen his summer.

Botman would be Newcastle’s third signing of the summer following the arrivals of Matt Targett from Aston Villa and Nick Pope from Burnley.

Guardian.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11289 on: June 24, 2022, 08:05:10 pm »
I see RAWK is torn on whether City have ruined the market by paying an obscene price or whether the deal is shady because it’s so low  ;D

My view is that it’s a good fee for someone who is only 26 and a starter for England. I think with Fernandinho gone they need another midfielder and my guess is Phillips will start more often than not. I think City’s recruitment, on the whole, is very good. Who are the worst signings they’ve made in Guardiola’s time? Mendy obviously, but beyond that it’s probably Danilo and Grealish, and the latter is because of the ridiculous fee. So I don’t think Phillips will bomb at all, expect he’ll be a good player for them - question is whether he can do better than that. If not, they’ll just get someone else in, which of course is where City’s real power in the market lies… when they don’t get something quite right they don’t have to worry as they can just move on and sign someone else for £40m+.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11290 on: June 24, 2022, 08:10:50 pm »
I see RAWK is torn on whether City have ruined the market by paying an obscene price or whether the deal is shady because it’s so low  ;D

My view is that it’s a good fee for someone who is only 26 and a starter for England. I think with Fernandinho gone they need another midfielder and my guess is Phillips will start more often than not. I think City’s recruitment, on the whole, is very good. Who are the worst signings they’ve made in Guardiola’s time? Mendy obviously, but beyond that it’s probably Danilo and Grealish, and the latter is because of the ridiculous fee. So I don’t think Phillips will bomb at all, expect he’ll be a good player for them - question is whether he can do better than that. If not, they’ll just get someone else in, which of course is where City’s real power in the market lies… when they don’t get something quite right they don’t have to worry as they can just move on and sign someone else for £40m+.

well of course it is,  not sure who’d argue with that! They can spend freely with no worries, and do indeed spend most of it well.  Grealish is the one obvious ‘odd’ transfer they’ve made recently, simply because he’s as thick as two short planks, and doesn’t seem to have the capacity to learn Guardiola’s choreographed robo-football.

Not sure if Phillips will start loads yet, is he taking Gundogan’s spot? I honestly don’t know, I barely watch them, I guess as he’s a defensive mid, most will think he’s taking Fernandinho’s spot in the squad.   But if he doesn’t start loads it makes no odds, spending 40-50 mill on backups is something they can and will do. Ake being another one they did recently in that role.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #11291 on: June 24, 2022, 08:59:17 pm »
Is he going to add anything to them trying to win the CL ? Like fuck is he. So is just a waste of time for him and them.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11292 on: June 24, 2022, 09:13:27 pm »

Their recruitment is average because if it were to be that good:
i. They wouldn't have spent so much on fullbacks.
ii. Our squad wouldn't have been better than theirs last season.

They blew £100m on Grealish and it hasn't really worked out. Their response? Spend even more on Haaland.

Their recruitment looks better than it is because they can continue spending until they get it right.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11293 on: June 24, 2022, 09:17:14 pm »

They blew £100m on Grealish and it hasn't really worked out. Their response? Spend even more on Haaland.

Their recruitment looks better than it is because they can continue spending until they get it right.

They can make mistakes and it doesn’t really matter, we have to get every signing right

Phillips is great at winning the ball back, they have enough who are good on the ball so his role will be defined

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11294 on: June 24, 2022, 09:18:13 pm »

That’s it, it’s just one expensive signing after another after another after another…Spend spend spend. Imagine they actually tried to develop their youth players. It’s so fucking boring.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #11295 on: June 24, 2022, 09:19:37 pm »
Is he going to add anything to them trying to win the CL ? Like fuck is he. So is just a waste of time for him and them.

Well he helps them do it indirectly - they need a Rodri back up

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11296 on: June 24, 2022, 10:01:12 pm »
David Ornstein

🚨 Arsenal have reached an agreement with Manchester City to sign striker Gabriel Jesus for £45m. Still some bits to sort but #AFC on course to secure 25yo, who also had interest from Chelsea & Tottenham. Arteta’s top target

That's the other long-expected transfer of the summer after the Phillips one about to be confirmed. Decent signing for Arsenal who do need a #9.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11297 on: June 24, 2022, 10:06:39 pm »
Bloody hell, how much have Arsenal been spending under Arteta?

Awaiting North Bank to say they've spent 20p and bag of lemon sherbert since they left Highbury.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11298 on: June 24, 2022, 10:06:47 pm »
Whoa that’s a great fee for arsenal

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11299 on: June 24, 2022, 10:19:59 pm »
Whoa that’s a great fee for arsenal

He only had 1 year left on his deal, so I think City have actually done well out of that.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #11300 on: June 24, 2022, 10:21:39 pm »
Jesus an excellent signing for Arsenal.

Normally agree with most stuff Barefoot Doc says but I think Phillips is desperately overrated outside of this site. He’s a great runner who does some of the defensive stuff reasonably but can’t pass a football or create. He is a significant step down from Rodri.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11301 on: June 24, 2022, 10:25:07 pm »
He only had 1 year left on his deal, so I think City have actually done well out of that.

Ah that explains it thanks - decent deal for both then

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11302 on: June 24, 2022, 10:31:03 pm »
Ah that explains it thanks - decent deal for both then

Yeah it’s exactly what Arsenal need, it’s what Jesus needs and City get some cash to waste on Kalvin Phillips so everyone’s a winner.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11303 on: June 24, 2022, 11:32:51 pm »
Jesus an excellent signing for Arsenal.

Normally agree with most stuff Barefoot Doc says but I think Phillips is desperately overrated outside of this site. He’s a great runner who does some of the defensive stuff reasonably but can’t pass a football or create. He is a significant step down from Rodri.

I think he's very hit or miss - reminds me of Hendo in that sense. Quite erratic at times but when he's on it he's a huge asset to any team.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11304 on: June 24, 2022, 11:39:07 pm »
Phillips is the type of player I'm sound with them buying. Same as Grealish who has contributed nothing in his first season there. I know they don't exactly have gaping holes in their side but still.

If they can shift a few more who have won things over the past few years (IE Gundogan) then next season is looking very fucking tasty IMO.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11305 on: June 24, 2022, 11:40:35 pm »
Phillips is the type of player I'm sound with them buying. Same as Grealish who has contributed nothing in his first season there. I know they don't exactly have gaping holes in their side but still.

If they can shift a few more who have won things over the past few years (IE Gundogan) then next season is looking very fucking tasty IMO.

Broadly agree but you're forgetting they've signed an absolute freak of nature bagsman.

Hopefully we have too but we have lost one in return.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11306 on: June 24, 2022, 11:52:11 pm »
Broadly agree but you're forgetting they've signed an absolute freak of nature bagsman.

Hopefully we have too but we have lost one in return.

Agree about Haaland he's a great scorer but I feel less worried about him on account they're going to score loads regardless. There's a possibility he could be their best signing of the summer and make less of a noticeable difference than other players. I'd back him to do well but here's hoping the step up in quality to the Prem makes it a struggle for him. Of course, same thing could happen for Nunez ... Truth be told in regards to Haaland I'm hoping he picks up injuries he can never properly recover from. Would be shite if he does the same numbers he's done in Germany but I can't really see him being as prolific if I'm honest.

Where goals come from is always an interesting one. Salah/Mane/Bobby being were prolific for us when we scraped into 4th place than they were when we won the title in record time. In the 2019/20 season City scored 17 more goals than us in the league which seems bizarre to me.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #11307 on: June 25, 2022, 12:18:46 am »
The weird thing is Jesus really isn't a striker. Though I suppose Arteta did start the year where he was trying Auba in this weird winger/striker hybrid type role. What you'd have to say at this point is Arteta can't really have any other excuses, either they make CL or he should be out of a job.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11308 on: June 25, 2022, 12:30:42 am »
The weird thing is Jesus really isn't a striker. Though I suppose Arteta did start the year where he was trying Auba in this weird winger/striker hybrid type role. What you'd have to say at this point is Arteta can't really have any other excuses, either they make CL or he should be out of a job.
He's the biggest phony in the Premier League, well, along with Lumpard.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11309 on: June 25, 2022, 12:57:12 am »
Finally , Jesus is done, been waiting weeks for this to get over the line. Exactly what we need, after playing a season without a striker, I think he ll link up well with Saka Martinelli Odegaard Vieira etc and give us another dimension we didn’t have last season.
Have to say I’m very pleased with our window, the biggest worry at missing out on cL was the ability to attract players like these and to have the finances to get deals done, in fact we’ve been one of the busiest teams so far with 4 signings and seemingly working on more.
We still need another midfielder and a left back. Raphinha would be great too but not someone we need.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11310 on: June 25, 2022, 01:36:29 am »
Finally , Jesus is done,
Hark at you, Pontius Pilate
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11311 on: June 25, 2022, 01:40:17 am »
Finally , Jesus is done,

You nailed that one.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11312 on: June 25, 2022, 01:46:58 am »
You nailed that one.

Apparently he thrives on crosses , changed his tune a bit hasnt he.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11313 on: June 25, 2022, 01:55:26 am »
Finally , Jesus is done, been waiting weeks for this to get over the line. Exactly what we need, after playing a season without a striker, I think he ll link up well with Saka Martinelli Odegaard Vieira etc and give us another dimension we didn’t have last season.
Have to say I’m very pleased with our window, the biggest worry at missing out on cL was the ability to attract players like these and to have the finances to get deals done, in fact we’ve been one of the busiest teams so far with 4 signings and seemingly working on more.
We still need another midfielder and a left back. Raphinha would be great too but not someone we need.

Glad he didn't sign for us.

It would have been a Red-Surrection.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11314 on: June 25, 2022, 02:06:49 am »
He'll have plenty of opportunities to make water into whine at Arsenal.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11315 on: June 25, 2022, 03:26:47 am »
If there’s one thing Arsenal done need any more of its whine, there’s plenty of that.

Having said that, they will be looking forward to the resurrection of Jesus career now they have put the bread on the table. With him in the team they don’t need to look for a first team number nine any Myrrh.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #11316 on: June 25, 2022, 05:13:21 am »

Gundogan, Sterling, Silva, Jesus, Zinchenko and Ake all seem to be available for a price and Fernandinho released  while City seem to be getting alvarez, haaland, phillips and cucurella so far from the big noises. I dont think that is the end of their spending, especially if everybody listed above actually leaves. Just hope they find another Grealish to squander money on.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11317 on: June 25, 2022, 07:12:05 am »
I'm a day late on this but I think people are being a bit harsh on Tielemans.

He wasn't great last season but no one at Leicester was and with the injuries they had they lost all stability last season.

He's not the quickest but I don't think he's as slow as made out, that gif of him struggling to jog bag 1 time seems to have stuck and is haunting him.

I still want us to sign him but I think whoever he goes to is getting a very good player at a very good price, he just needs the right environment and challenge to really kick on his game now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #11318 on: June 25, 2022, 08:15:53 am »
I think Haaland will do well, but his body will betray him more than City fans are used to and they will get frustrated with that, then he’ll be off to Real Madrid anyway.

He’s a great young player but it’s quite clear to see he won’t run as hot in the Premier League as he has done in Austria and Germany. He has a goals per 90 metric of 0.77 since he moved to Germany. If he’s keeping that up in the Premier League, that’s all time legend status because Henry is the greatest in that category with 0.68 goals per 90.

I think some City fans are expecting the volume of Shearer and scoring frequency of Henry. What they’ll get is a powerful, oddly mobile striker who will flat-track bully and stat pad against the poor teams, give the good teams a hard match but ultimately be playing in a pool of quality unlike that which he’s played in before. He will get injured frequently and swan off to Spain with a vague feeling of ‘he was good but not as good as we thought he would be. If only the injuries etc’

On Tielemans - he’s great, he’s just the absolute definition of a luxury player. Arsenal to me don’t seem to have a clear, athletic DM and without one and a box to box (if we can call Partey that) Tielemans doesn’t flourish. Build your midfield around him and it’ll tick nicely.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11319 on: June 25, 2022, 08:32:05 am »

On Tielemans - he’s great, he’s just the absolute definition of a luxury player. Arsenal to me don’t seem to have a clear, athletic DM and without one and a box to box (if we can call Partey that) Tielemans doesn’t flourish. Build your midfield around him and it’ll tick nicely.

I think it's a bit unfair to call him a luxury player. Ozil is someone id class as a luxury player. Tielemans has better defensive stats I'm sure than Xhaka for instance, & that's meant to be a strong part of his game.

I think when Leicester were playing well a couple of seasons ago the midfield 3 of Ndidi, Tielemans & Maddison were very good, and you could compare them with Partey, Tielemans & Odegaard in style of players.

And you can always compensate a bit tactically as well, perhaps inverting one of your full backs like we tend to do when Tomiyasu plays anyway.

All hypothetical anyway until we see where he actually goes.