Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 339304 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1880 on: October 11, 2017, 02:00:08 pm »
Just looking somewhere with a decent atmosphere which has a good range of beers to chill with a few mates - we are all in our 30s.

Don't wanna go anywhere where I will have to queue for ages to get a drink but don't want to go anywhere that's gonna be empty if that makes sense.
The likes of The Ship and Mitre on Dale Street or one of the many other decent boozers in that vicinity, should meet your criteria.

They'll be busy and have a good atmosphere but service is usually swift.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #1881 on: October 11, 2017, 05:13:09 pm »
Super - thanks for the info - greatly appreciated

The likes of The Ship and Mitre on Dale Street or one of the many other decent boozers in that vicinity, should meet your criteria.

They'll be busy and have a good atmosphere but service is usually swift.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1882 on: October 13, 2017, 10:28:58 am »
12:30 kick offs.... Meant to be meeting a mate before we both go to the game.

Can't make our minds up between town or Anfield. I'm leaning towards town as the pubs at Anfield are mostly rubbish.

Anyone know of places open early enough?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1883 on: October 16, 2017, 07:45:18 am »
Was in lark lane Thursday night and had a great night. Out again Saturday and it was fucking horrible. Full of beak heads and aggressive wankers mouthing off. Seen a few kick offs. Such a contrast. why these idiots need to snort coke on a night out and become imbeciles is beyond me. If you cannot hack it, don't fucking take it... some right serious wankers ruining what used to be a nice place for a drink.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1884 on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:35 am »
Great news boys and girls, Pogue Mahones re-opens again this Thursday.  :D

Dont know if they are making major changes, just seen a post on Facebook over the weekend.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1885 on: October 16, 2017, 12:35:56 pm »
Was in lark lane Thursday night and had a great night. Out again Saturday and it was fucking horrible. Full of beak heads and aggressive wankers mouthing off. Seen a few kick offs. Such a contrast. why these idiots need to snort coke on a night out and become imbeciles is beyond me. If you cannot hack it, don't fucking take it... some right serious wankers ruining what used to be a nice place for a drink.

If in town I tend to head home about eight. You can start to see the idiots parading around like a bunch of wanna be alpha male chimpanzees.

Well out of the way.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: October 16, 2017, 02:13:02 pm »
The coke thing makes me laugh as it is barely coke they are buying so it could be the affects of the shit they mix with it, they booze more cos they think they've buzzing, when in reality they have had barely anything. It is a real epidemic in Liverpool (all major towns/cities probably), I was in the Coffee House in Woolton for the match Saturday and the bogs before, during and after the game where full of it. I am old enough to remember when it really was a "rich mans habit" and the gear was spot on cos the market was very limited, at £60/gram around 1980/81 then there was no way your average punter could afford it. Supply increased massively so price plummeted and thats where we are now.

Don't see it changing any time soon.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1887 on: October 16, 2017, 02:54:24 pm »
Great news boys and girls, Pogue Mahones re-opens again this Thursday.  :D

Dont know if they are making major changes, just seen a post on Facebook over the weekend.

Saw this last night, happy fucking days! Boss boozer

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: October 17, 2017, 07:28:03 am »
The coke thing makes me laugh as it is barely coke they are buying so it could be the affects of the shit they mix with it, they booze more cos they think they've buzzing, when in reality they have had barely anything. It is a real epidemic in Liverpool (all major towns/cities probably), I was in the Coffee House in Woolton for the match Saturday and the bogs before, during and after the game where full of it. I am old enough to remember when it really was a "rich mans habit" and the gear was spot on cos the market was very limited, at £60/gram around 1980/81 then there was no way your average punter could afford it. Supply increased massively so price plummeted and thats where we are now.

Don't see it changing any time soon.

Regardless of what they are taking makes no odds to me. They're a bunch of fucking idiots ruining everyone else's nights out. Spot them a mile off too and look like a gang of absolute pricks. Bumping into people obnoxious rude, arrogant loud and generally a bad gang of absolute Meff's thinking they are something. Meanwhile every other person in the pub , baror club is avoiding them like the plague... and the way they address people makes me laugh. One of them tried to get this bird dancing and she looked at him like he had two heads and ran toward her mate. He turned toward his mate gurned a smile as if to say 'almost' .. no chance lad. Most birds don't like people who look like they couldn't tie their own lace.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1889 on: October 17, 2017, 10:53:41 am »
Regardless of what they are taking makes no odds to me. They're a bunch of fucking idiots ruining everyone else's nights out. Spot them a mile off too and look like a gang of absolute pricks. Bumping into people obnoxious rude, arrogant loud and generally a bad gang of absolute Meff's thinking they are something. Meanwhile every other person in the pub , baror club is avoiding them like the plague... and the way they address people makes me laugh. One of them tried to get this bird dancing and she looked at him like he had two heads and ran toward her mate. He turned toward his mate gurned a smile as if to say 'almost' .. no chance lad. Most birds don't like people who look like they couldn't tie their own lace.

The High Street in Wavertree used to be half decent ( well , some of the pubs anyway ) until the knobheads took over the asylum and totally killed it . They then moved from there to Allerton Road and did a pretty solid job of fucking that up too. Seems like it's Lark Lanes turn now unfortunately.

The bottom end of Smithdown Road has been on the up for a while now , so guess that'll be where they're headed next .

Beaked up bellends - headed to an area near you soon !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: October 26, 2017, 10:21:53 pm »
Need some advice, I've not been clubbing in town for over 10 years but I've scored tickets for Fusion on Slater St for Boxing night, just me an the wife like. Need to know if its one of these gaffs with  expensive booths?  And whats the fuckin dress code? trabs & jeans?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1891 on: October 27, 2017, 10:32:52 am »
Need some advice, I've not been clubbing in town for over 10 years but I've scored tickets for Fusion on Slater St for Boxing night, just me an the wife like. Need to know if its one of these gaffs with  expensive booths?  And whats the fuckin dress code? trabs & jeans?

Can't imagine anyone in town saying no to trabs and jeans.

Assuming they aren't Lonsdale slip ons. 😀

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1892 on: October 27, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »
Any decent places to go and have a few drinks before the game tomorrow, preferably with a lively Kopite atmosphere? Haven't been outside of Anfield in a long time.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1893 on: November 4, 2017, 10:06:21 pm »
I think we need a few more Irish bars in the Central Station/Adelphi area. Jeez....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: November 4, 2017, 11:20:34 pm »
I think we need a few more Irish bars in the Central Station/Adelphi area. Jeez....

I was down there yesterday and counted at least five. At least the Globe is decent.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1895 on: November 5, 2017, 01:09:03 am »

They aren't really Irish bars, they're just jarg. Absolute shitholes.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1896 on: November 15, 2017, 11:33:28 pm »
They aren't really Irish bars, they're just jarg. Absolute shitholes.
Not many bars like them in Ireland outside of touristy Dublin .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: November 20, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »
Went to the Dead Crafty Beer Company for the first time recently.

Well worth the trip.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1898 on: December 12, 2017, 11:27:23 am »
Walkabout is closing, not sure if its moving to a new venue.
#Sausages

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: December 12, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
Anybody tried that Coyote Ugly yet? Walked past on Saturday and looked rammed full of stags and general pissed up divvies, will be giving it a wide berth myself like.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1900 on: December 12, 2017, 11:31:19 pm »
Walkabout is closing, not sure if its moving to a new venue.

Think the company might have problems, the ones in Nottingham and wigan have shut fairly recently as well. No biggie for me, shithole IMO
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1901 on: March 5, 2018, 10:29:36 am »
First time in Liverpool. First time at Anfield.  I'm 40 and I'm taking my son with me for the Porto game. He's 20.

Staying in the city centre arriving from Cork tonight around 10 oclock and flying back Wednesday nite around 7.

What do i need to see? What pub or restaurant not to miss? Where to stay the fuck out of with my paddy head on me 😁 .

All jokes aside though any thoughts? Cheers Frank
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1902 on: March 5, 2018, 04:56:37 pm »
Where about are you staying?

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: March 5, 2018, 06:07:28 pm »
City centre bud. By the Liver building
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: March 5, 2018, 06:24:28 pm »
You have Tom Halls Tavern over the road from Liver Buildings which has pool tables, food, live music etc. Had a couple of good nights in there its seems devoid of knobheads but only spent a few hours in there, could be useful last port of call maybe, its on Facebook.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: March 5, 2018, 06:26:02 pm »
You have Tom Halls Tavern over the road from Liver Buildings which has pool tables, food, live music etc. Had a couple of good nights in there its seems devoid of knobheads but only spent a few hours in there, could be useful last port of call maybe, its on Facebook.

Thanks mate. Will look it up. ✌

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: March 5, 2018, 06:53:37 pm »

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: March 5, 2018, 08:10:54 pm »

Yer, top gaffe. Had plenty a good night in there.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1908 on: March 5, 2018, 08:14:33 pm »
City centre bud. By the Liver building

Loads of decent pubs around Dale St, restaurants around Castle St, only a few minutes walk to both.

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: March 6, 2018, 12:09:21 am »
Loads of decent pubs around Dale St, restaurants around Castle St, only a few minutes walk to both.

Thanks for that mate. On the prowl now 😁🖒

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: March 6, 2018, 01:13:08 pm »
Heading back home from Spain Friday night so am going to be watching the match with a few mates in town. Would like a decent atmosphere as it’ll be the first time I’ve been in Liverpool for the football for four months. Ideally somewhere that doesn’t decent food too with it being an early kick off.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1911 on: March 6, 2018, 01:22:37 pm »
Heading back home from Spain Friday night so am going to be watching the match with a few mates in town. Would like a decent atmosphere as it’ll be the first time I’ve been in Liverpool for the football for four months. Ideally somewhere that doesn’t decent food too with it being an early kick off.

Tom Halls is your best bet.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: March 6, 2018, 01:56:20 pm »
Tom Halls is your best bet.

Will give it a go, cheers

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1913 on: March 6, 2018, 05:13:19 pm »
I should stop recommending that place as it’s already pretty busy getting a pint  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: March 12, 2018, 07:18:15 pm »
This might seem like an odd request, but does anybody know any decent bars/pubs where you can drink on your own?  Some friendly places?  I suffer from social anxiety and don't really enjoy drinking in public by myself as I'm not very good at communicating with strangers.  I know plenty of people who can feel right at home in a place and be chatting away in about 10 minutes.  I really don't think that's a skill I can learn but I want to try to learn to feel comfortable.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #1915 on: March 19, 2018, 02:57:17 pm »
What does everyone think of the new Peakys themed bar?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1916 on: March 19, 2018, 03:36:19 pm »
This might seem like an odd request, but does anybody know any decent bars/pubs where you can drink on your own?  Some friendly places?  I suffer from social anxiety and don't really enjoy drinking in public by myself as I'm not very good at communicating with strangers.  I know plenty of people who can feel right at home in a place and be chatting away in about 10 minutes.  I really don't think that's a skill I can learn but I want to try to learn to feel comfortable.

Funny you say this mate. I was out in West Derby village on the weekend and it was full of beaked up dickheads, crowded, no space to move and everything else. As you know from the anxiety/depression threads I share similar issues that you do, and I said to my mates I was going for a walk because I could feel a panic attack coming on.

I took a walk to the Halton Castle pub, right facing the Indian restaurant. There is a bar area with a few TV's there but in the back it is much quieter, very dark almost with no light and just couples and families alone minding their own business. I sat there for a couple of hours on my own, just watching MOTD with a few pints and not being bothered by anyone and no scallies or anyone even came in.

It is something I can see myself doing in the future if I fancy a little alone time, especially if the weather gets nicer. Just a nice little pub.

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1917 on: March 19, 2018, 05:49:29 pm »

A few in town i could think of off the top of my head

Lion
Excelsior
Rigbys/Lady of Mann
canarvon Castle

At the other end of town, The Caledonia

All decent boozers that can get busy, but OK for sitting reading a paper/watching TV on your own without hassle. Probably not on a match day though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: March 19, 2018, 06:54:36 pm »
A few in town i could think of off the top of my head

Lion
Excelsior
Rigbys/Lady of Mann
canarvon Castle

At the other end of town, The Caledonia

All decent boozers that can get busy, but OK for sitting reading a paper/watching TV on your own without hassle. Probably not on a match day though.

Add to them the Belvedere in Sugnall Street, the Baltic Fleet (but haven't been there for a while) and the Grapes, junction of Knight Street and Roscoe Street. All pretty quiet at lunchtime but may be busier later.

And the last time I was in Rigby's it was during Everton's short lived and infamous foray in Europe and it was awash with Bitterness.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: March 19, 2018, 06:55:55 pm »
What does everyone think of the new Peakys themed bar?

Certainly worth a visit but a bit reminiscent of the 1980s "theme" pubs.