Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4155231 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #72520 on: February 6, 2023, 04:22:48 pm »
Aj's next fight confirmed

Jermaine Franklin on 1st April  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72521 on: February 6, 2023, 04:39:09 pm »
It should be an easy win for AJ. I say should be...

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72522 on: February 6, 2023, 05:20:00 pm »

but....there's about 28 million casuals in the UK who say AJ is done..finished 🙄...after being out pointed twice against a world class fighter...😉

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #72523 on: February 6, 2023, 05:32:45 pm »

The interesting thing for me is which AJ we will see. The old big punching AJ that looked to blast opponents out. Or the shot-shy AJ that looked to hide behind his jab. If it is the latter then for me his career is pretty much over.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #72524 on: February 6, 2023, 05:48:21 pm »
Aj's next fight confirmed

Jermaine Franklin on 1st April  :D

Also his first non PPV fight for 7-8 years.

Surprised at that from Eddie

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72525 on: February 6, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »
The interesting thing for me is which AJ we will see. The old big punching AJ that looked to blast opponents out. Or the shot-shy AJ that looked to hide behind his jab. If it is the latter then for me his career is pretty much over.
Mentally he's not been quite right since his first loss and I have a feeling that Usyk might have broken him.  He needs 2 or 3 fights against some absolute bums to get back on the path.

If he can sort his head out then I still think he beats Wilder easily enough, and I make him a live underdog against Fury.  If not, he's a gatekeeper with the occasional PPV against big domestic rivals.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72526 on: February 6, 2023, 08:23:00 pm »
I wouldn't give him a cat in hell's chance against Wilder. Absolute shit boxer but his power is just too damn unpredictable, and we know AJ doesnt like eating those. Franklin won't be an easy fight but a KO is a must. If he struggles then we know he's washed.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #72527 on: February 6, 2023, 09:31:03 pm »

I wouldn't give him a cat in hell's chance against Wilder. Absolute shit boxer but his power is just too damn unpredictable, and we know AJ doesnt like eating those. Franklin won't be an easy fight but a KO is a must. If he struggles then we know he's washed.
It really should be an easy KO, probably inside 4 rounds. Franklin was absolutely terrible against Whyte, who is absolutely finished and will be pummelled the next time he fights someone decent. Franklin is really slow and carries way too much weight. He will be a sitting duck. If Joshua reverts to seek and destroy mode this won't last long at all.

If Joshua still has his self belief there's no reason why he won't get to Wilder before windmill gets to him.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72528 on: February 6, 2023, 10:52:06 pm »
Joshia is a puncher in his own right, and Wilder made Tyson Fury look like Ernie Shavers. The longer the fight went on the more chance there would be of Wilder landing the hadoken, but the old version of Joshua would blow him away before that happened. I give Wilder a chance against the boring version of AJ.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72529 on: February 7, 2023, 07:53:31 am »
Joshia is a puncher in his own right, and Wilder made Tyson Fury look like Ernie Shavers. The longer the fight went on the more chance there would be of Wilder landing the hadoken, but the old version of Joshua would blow him away before that happened. I give Wilder a chance against the boring version of AJ.
100% this. It is amazing how Joshua is now a bum and Wilder is some hybrid of Shavers, Liston and Tyson. It is worth remembering that the likes of Arreola, Molina, Szpilka, Duhapas, and Stiverne all went 8+ rounds with him. He has knocked out a few tomato cans early on so the perception is that he's some kind of wrecking ball. The reality is that he's a terrible boxer who takes ages to find the target against half-decent opponents, and walks around with his right hand cocked, left hand down, and chin in the air much of the time. Basically, there's every chance Joshua lands first.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72530 on: February 7, 2023, 08:02:36 am »
The only way this will get settled is in the ring. I think Wilder/AJ 50-50 based on what we've seen so far

But I think its clear as day that AJ really had no intention of ever fighting Fury in December and that he was the reason it ultimately flopped. Picking the loser of the Whyte v Franklin fight is desperate stuff. If he blows him away as easily as we suspect, how do you sell the Whyte fight?

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72531 on: February 7, 2023, 08:39:01 am »
The only way this will get settled is in the ring. I think Wilder/AJ 50-50 based on what we've seen so far

But I think its clear as day that AJ really had no intention of ever fighting Fury in December and that he was the reason it ultimately flopped. Picking the loser of the Whyte v Franklin fight is desperate stuff. If he blows him away as easily as we suspect, how do you sell the Whyte fight?
He was in no mental or physical condition to take on the challenge of Fury in December. Usyk took his soul that second fight I think and he may struggle to ever come back from it. IMO Joshua fought really well that night but simply ran into a better opponent.

You sell the Joshua vs Whyte fight in the same hackneyed 'repeat or revenge' garbage we've seen in rematches in the past. I bet enough mugs bought the nonsense that was Fury versus Chisora III to ensure both fighters did well enough from it. The problem is that Whyte is getting beat any decent opponent so if he fights in the interim it needs to be against a complete tomato can.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #72532 on: February 7, 2023, 02:16:48 pm »
I've got no real interest in seeing Joshua/Whyte again. Whyte looks absolutely finished to me, there was a period a few years ago where he went on a good run and looked in decent shape and you thought yeah, he's a live dog if they fought again. But now? Nah, AJ would take him out pretty easily I think.

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72533 on: February 7, 2023, 02:54:45 pm »
Agree, I'm not a fan of all this finished/he's done stuff, but Whyte has peaked...I guess AJ v Whyte is a summer stadium filler in between the dust settling on Fury v Usyk...then maybe there's a natural pathway back to AJ v Fury if those outcomes align...Fury will want his night with AJ..he won't be able to resist

Wilder doesn't travel..he's not really in the picture for me, should fight Ruiz if anything for now
Usyk may quit if he was to beat Fury

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #72534 on: February 8, 2023, 07:26:41 pm »
I've gotta say, the Joshua v Wilder fight is the fight that intrigues me most in the heavyweight division, it's the thought of a definite KO after years of talk.

With Wilder, I dont believe theres any chance he can be the same fighter he was after 2 heavy and sustained beatdowns like that and with Joshua you feel his weakness is more mental after being out boxed twice by the smaller man.

I'd really like Wilder to come through Ruiz and Joshua to come through Whyte so they can at least go into that fight with confidence boosters.

I'll reserve judgement on Wilder v Joshua until it's made but I genuinely don't fancy Joshua from the outside, I dont believe Joshua has the skills or the balls anymore like Fury to stand with Wilder in the pocket and force him backwards to neutralise Wilders gameplan.  To me, Joshua now fights scared, he was gun shy in Ruiz 2 and both Usyk fights against non punchers, he seems to have got caught inbetween styles and I think a lot of it has come from the realisation he doesn't have the engine to sustain attacks against durable fighters.

Still a long way before that fight can take place but its definitely a fight I will be happy to buy on PPV.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72535 on: February 9, 2023, 04:17:54 pm »
Tricky fight for Golovkin at this stage of his career.

The WBA have now officially ordered Gennady Golovkin to defend his WBA Middleweight world title vs Erislandy Lara next. Parties have 15 days (until Feb 23rd) to agree a deal, then purse bids will be called.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72536 on: February 9, 2023, 06:54:19 pm »

Should have kept his IBF. Lara is not the guy. Would run rings around him at this stage

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72537 on: February 9, 2023, 07:09:51 pm »

Lara is no spring chicken at this stage is he? Even by Cuban boxer standards.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72538 on: February 9, 2023, 07:16:01 pm »
Aye, both as old as fuck. But I feel what made Golovkin a modern great he doesn't have that anymore.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72539 on: February 9, 2023, 09:17:47 pm »
Looking forward to Slough's second finest product Adam Azim main eventing this Saturday.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72540 on: February 9, 2023, 09:20:34 pm »
Looking forward to Slough's second finest product Adam Azim main eventing this Saturday.

He's a talent mate, will be big if he's got the right people around him.

By the way is Crosby Nick Slough's finest?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #72541 on: February 9, 2023, 09:22:21 pm »

David Brent surely?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72542 on: February 9, 2023, 09:24:37 pm »
Should have kept his IBF. Lara is not the guy. Would run rings around him at this stage
Lara has had a strange career. He turned pro almost 15 years ago and has had only 35 fights. 3 narrow points defeats (2 SDs and an MD), one to ginger that was likely bollocks, one to Jarrett Hurd where a 12th round knockdown cost him and one to Paul Williams the fight after Williams was nearly decapitated by Maravilla. An awkward customer and exceptional technician at his best but never seemed to push on.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72543 on: February 9, 2023, 09:27:00 pm »

Yeah hopefully keeps his focus as he progresses in his career. Certainly getting a lot of attention recently.

Bumped into him recently, seems like a nice lad.

And regarding Nick being number 1... how dare you son!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72544 on: February 9, 2023, 09:27:02 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72545 on: February 9, 2023, 09:27:49 pm »
Lara has had a strange career. He turned pro almost 15 years ago and has had only 35 fights. 3 narrow points defeats (2 SDs and an MD), one to ginger that was likely bollocks, one to Jarrett Hurd where a 12th round knockdown cost him and one to Paul Williams the fight after Williams was nearly decapitated by Maravilla. An awkward customer and exceptional technician at his best but never seemed to push on.

Was a card carrying member of the " Who Needs Him Club" mate. Awkward customer that troubled everyone.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72546 on: February 9, 2023, 10:34:05 pm »
Was a card carrying member of the " Who Needs Him Club" mate. Awkward customer that troubled everyone.
I know that a lot of fighters avoided him but you would think he'd have kept himself ticking over but never did.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #72547 on: February 10, 2023, 12:41:31 am »
AJ talking about 'money money money' in relation to his motivation now. He says he's focused and is putting everything into his boxing now but when your motivation is money then I think the game is up. By all means continue to make plenty of it, but he can't be skint by now surely. Fighting for money alone means one day he's going to get laid clean out chasing the coin.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72548 on: February 10, 2023, 01:00:39 am »
If that's his motivation now he's done at the top level. And he doesn't need it as he's probably in top #3 cash cows of Boxing behind Canelo and Fury now.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72549 on: February 10, 2023, 02:02:45 am »
Can't blame him. He knows he doesn't have what it takes to beat Usyk or Fury.

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72550 on: February 10, 2023, 02:07:40 am »
AJ talking about 'money money money' in relation to his motivation now. He says he's focused and is putting everything into his boxing now but when your motivation is money then I think the game is up. By all means continue to make plenty of it, but he can't be skint by now surely. Fighting for money alone means one day he's going to get laid clean out chasing the coin.

Cheapest seat in the Lower Tier (not the floor) @ O2 is 150 plus fees totalling 170 quid for a half reasonable view...not even a title on the line for the headliner...obscene 👀

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72551 on: February 10, 2023, 04:33:19 am »
Everybody’s motivation is  money at least partly , he’s just stating the obvious, the greatest boxer of this generation was called ‘Money May.’

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #72552 on: February 10, 2023, 08:02:54 am »
Yeah. Not much to read into his comments. You want him to say the same sh*t every conference? He’s saying money now because everyone knows he could’ve gone for a bigger name like wilder. But why not pocket millions and then take that and those millions later? Anyone would do that. Esp since he’s lost to usyk twice. Fury needs to fight usyk then we need to see fury Joshua soon
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #72553 on: February 10, 2023, 11:53:07 am »
Yeah. Not much to read into his comments. You want him to say the same sh*t every conference? He’s saying money now because everyone knows he could’ve gone for a bigger name like wilder. But why not pocket millions and then take that and those millions later? Anyone would do that. Esp since he’s lost to usyk twice. Fury needs to fight usyk then we need to see fury Joshua soon

I don't think the comments are insignificant. He must be stupid rich by now and if he's at the top the money will come by extension. He doesn't and shouldn't be chasing money at 33 years of age, having been in about a dozen world title fights.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72554 on: February 10, 2023, 01:42:13 pm »
Got an estimated net worth of around £70m+ how much more money does he want? Don’t blame him or any boxer that is motivated by money, they step in to the ring and risk their lives. What I would hate to see is another Khan vs Brook scenario where two washed up past their best fighters had their grudge match way too late. Hope AJ fights Wilder then Fury and then calls it a day, enjoy your money in Dubai or wherever these rich folks bugger off to.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72555 on: February 10, 2023, 07:05:33 pm »
Josh Taylor vs Teofimo Lopez is reportedly now in the works and being planned for May/June in the UK. No deal yet, but it appears Taylor is ready to move on from the Jack Catterall rematch for the time being. [@MikeCoppinger]

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72556 on: February 10, 2023, 08:41:59 pm »

Poor from Taylor if true and you have to doubt if he is injured currently.

He needs to fight the man that beat his arse first before anything.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72557 on: February 11, 2023, 05:39:19 am »
Taylor not the first man to get a gift and won't be the last.

I am not bothered if he moves on.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72558 on: February 11, 2023, 05:41:00 am »
Got an estimated net worth of around £70m+ how much more money does he want? Don’t blame him or any boxer that is motivated by money, they step in to the ring and risk their lives. What I would hate to see is another Khan vs Brook scenario where two washed up past their best fighters had their grudge match way too late. Hope AJ fights Wilder then Fury and then calls it a day, enjoy your money in Dubai or wherever these rich folks bugger off to.

He would be worth a hell of a lot more than that I reckon.

The money talk is by itself nothing but I find it funny because a couple of days back Eddie was talking about how he doesn't care about money he just wants his titles back

Offline Usman1987

• Main Stander
« Reply #72559 on: February 11, 2023, 11:57:07 pm »
Very impressed by Adam Azim tonight