Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069443 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #15120 on: March 31, 2023, 04:11:59 pm »
My guess it's Bellingham and Mount he's refering too.

Real seemingly pulling out from buying Bellingham. And both Chelsea and Liverpool journos reporting on the Mount intrest is my thinking.

Nunes I reckon.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15121 on: March 31, 2023, 04:13:29 pm »
Nunes I reckon.

Nah. Klopp used the word positive. It does not go with Nunes.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15122 on: March 31, 2023, 04:20:40 pm »
to be honest amrabat reminds a bit of oriel romeu. He is decent but not at the level we need. His only purpose in our squad would be to act as a back up to fabinho

He must be really bad if he would be backup to Fabinho.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15123 on: March 31, 2023, 04:24:41 pm »
Nunes is the fastest CM in the PL at 36kmh.

He did look good at Sporting, But he hasnt shown much to his game at Wolves besides ball carrying.
But with that pace he could be turned into a good RCM for us with that pace to cover Trent
You mean fastest PL on the Planet?  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15124 on: March 31, 2023, 04:28:53 pm »
I'm not sold on Mount... Good player, but doesn't quite fit our system (or 4-2-3-1), no special qualities... He's been Chelsea's player of the year a few times, I think, but Chelsea are average. I fear that if we are seriously after him, it's because we are not getting Bellingham. If we did, I don't see the need for Mount.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15125 on: March 31, 2023, 05:49:50 pm »
We've spent £33.5m on agent fees last two windows. Only Chelsea and city higher. We only signed 3 players?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #15126 on: March 31, 2023, 05:58:08 pm »
We've spent £33.5m on agent fees last two windows. Only Chelsea and city higher. We only signed 3 players?

Got a link to this info please mate?

Ta.

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15127 on: March 31, 2023, 06:01:27 pm »
I'm not sold on Mount... Good player, but doesn't quite fit our system (or 4-2-3-1), no special qualities... He's been Chelsea's player of the year a few times, I think, but Chelsea are average. I fear that if we are seriously after him, it's because we are not getting Bellingham. If we did, I don't see the need for Mount.
He was their player of the year they won the Champions League, and not sure why someone who can cross, press, score goals and run for days wouldn't fit either of those systems when he's played across the midfield and attack for Chelsea. Honestly, the way people go on you'd think we were in for a 32-year old Mesut Ozil rather than a 24-year old who's already proven at the top level. If he was playing in the Bundesliga people would be drooling at the prospect of getting him.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15128 on: March 31, 2023, 06:16:24 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15129 on: March 31, 2023, 06:31:58 pm »
https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1641834310603796481?t=qrbNUCl2a9K5yXgXS_5o8Q&s=19

Agents taking so much money out of the game

That’s got to be outstanding payments and contract extensions?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15130 on: March 31, 2023, 06:33:40 pm »
Mo's agent would have got a massive slice of that.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15131 on: March 31, 2023, 06:39:51 pm »
Renewing contracts are expensive.
Nunez agent is mendes agency so yea.
Fabinho and Jota are also, Fabinho got renewed, did Jota?
Alisson also got a renew. Salah got renewed also. Henderson was 2 summers ago, irc. maybe i have dates wrong.
Also Signed Diaz.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15133 on: March 31, 2023, 07:28:26 pm »
David Lynch@dmlynch·4m
Liverpool’s next sporting director will be an external appointment with previous experience in a similar role. No plans to promote from within.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15134 on: March 31, 2023, 07:59:26 pm »
David Lynch@dmlynch·4m
Liverpool’s next sporting director will be an external appointment with previous experience in a similar role. No plans to promote from within.

So you're saying it could be any of us, including Rawk posters? Interesting ...
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15135 on: March 31, 2023, 08:04:28 pm »
David Lynch@dmlynch·4m

Is that because there’s no one left?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15136 on: March 31, 2023, 08:07:23 pm »
Jurgs said it was "positive" over the break regarding sorting new players for next season. Sounded like Gvardiol, Jude, Rice, Vinicius and Gavi are done but might be reading a bit much in to his smile.
Think he could just have meant Mike Gordon started answering when he calls him

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15137 on: March 31, 2023, 08:07:38 pm »
David Lynch@dmlynch·4m

No shit

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15138 on: March 31, 2023, 08:11:14 pm »
He was their player of the year they won the Champions League, and not sure why someone who can cross, press, score goals and run for days wouldn't fit either of those systems when he's played across the midfield and attack for Chelsea. Honestly, the way people go on you'd think we were in for a 32-year old Mesut Ozil rather than a 24-year old who's already proven at the top level. If he was playing in the Bundesliga people would be drooling at the prospect of getting him.
[/b]

This is just a lazy trope, aren't people tired of using the same cliches over and over again?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 08:13:03 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15139 on: March 31, 2023, 08:11:15 pm »

Was their POTY in seasons they finished 3rd and 4th in the league. Also won a CL (and provided the assist on the game winner).

I'm also not sure he fits in a 4-2-3-1 but I also question if that's the formation Klopp wants to go with, moving forward. My guess is that it's not.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves. "LFC 2018-20" 2.0 incoming
« Reply #15140 on: March 31, 2023, 08:11:19 pm »

👏🏼

Well-put. You've captured my thoughts too regarding those who think Mount is average.

We can prefer certain players to others, but there are records that speak for themselves.

Mount's contribution to anything good that Chelsea has done last 3 years speak of a player who can be pivotal in a team. You might not like that he is not flashy, but he is effective. His technically sound, good work rate, plays superbly in-between the lines, is good at set-pieces, & is 24! Whatever defects he still has in his game, he is 24 (!), meaning that Klopp can improve him immensely & we reap the benefits.

"He has not played #8 to a superb level yet." Agreed. But he is 24! Adam Lallana was 26 when he joined us as a winger/#10, BUT he became a goal-scoring #8 for us when he was 27-28.

Wijnaldum was a good #10 when he joined, Klopp returned him to a solid & primarily protective #8, a position he became good at within 2 seasons of joining LFC.

Thats why am not bothered by what Nunes has done at Wolves this season, or how inconsistent Mount has been this season. For both players, their performances in the previous 2 seasons will be what LFC will base their work on. Both players where crucial for their respective clubs in 2020-2022, playing in settled teams.

If we get both, or just one of them, I will be mighty glad.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15141 on: March 31, 2023, 08:14:24 pm »
No shit

That rules out Damien Comolli I guess.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15142 on: March 31, 2023, 08:21:29 pm »
David Lynch@dmlynch·4m

Poor Pep.

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15143 on: March 31, 2023, 08:32:38 pm »
David Lynch@dmlynch·4m

We've run out of people to promote, tbf. Proper brain-drain has happened to the club last 18 months.

Just start a new-ish structure with the new SD.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15144 on: March 31, 2023, 08:33:15 pm »
I volunteer.  :wave

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15145 on: March 31, 2023, 08:35:27 pm »
I volunteer.  :wave

Can you get Sharkman to sign for us?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15146 on: March 31, 2023, 08:37:58 pm »
Can you get Sharkman to sign for us?

;D

I have him on my contacts list mate. Maybe that Left Back who played in nets for AWWYC that time as well? Might need my mate Willy too.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15147 on: March 31, 2023, 08:49:52 pm »
;D

I have him on my contacts list mate. Maybe that Left Back who played in nets for AWWYC that time as well? Might need my mate Willy too.

Sorted. I'd have serious doubts about you though, if you were taking advice from AWWYC.

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15148 on: March 31, 2023, 09:18:53 pm »
Nunes is the fastest CM in the PL at 36kmh.

He did look good at Sporting, But he hasnt shown much to his game at Wolves besides ball carrying.
But with that pace he could be turned into a good RCM for us with that pace to cover Trent

Just saw this stat. I knew the boy was fast, but not this fast. His athleticism + his technique would instantly add dynamism to our midfield.

That said, for the sake of any other CM we get, I hope we sign Bellingham first. Already envision fans will be like "meh" or "underwhelming" if our first CM signing is a Mount or Nunes, or younger players like Thuram or Kone (with no PL experience to boot), without any accompanying positive news of Bellingham also joining soon.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15149 on: March 31, 2023, 09:24:25 pm »
Jacque Talbot
@jac_talbot
Liverpool - you might hear Southampton’s Roméo Lavia linked soon and it wouldn’t be far wrong
12:59 am · 31 Mar 2023

He follows Grizz and Indy so he is reliable.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15150 on: March 31, 2023, 09:30:58 pm »

I really like Lavia. Only 19 so not sure how much influence he can have, but he has loads of ability.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15151 on: March 31, 2023, 09:31:05 pm »
Liverpool are among the clubs interested in French international midfielder Khéphren Thuram ahead of potential summer move. Newcastle and Manchester United also interested. [RMC]

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15152 on: March 31, 2023, 09:41:20 pm »
Liverpool are among the clubs interested in French international midfielder Khéphren Thuram ahead of potential summer move. Newcastle and Manchester United also interested. [RMC]

Safe to say we are after number 8’s.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15153 on: March 31, 2023, 09:49:56 pm »
I really like Lavia. Only 19 so not sure how much influence he can have, but he has loads of ability.
So sign another young 6 with Bajcetic on the books?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15154 on: March 31, 2023, 10:22:51 pm »
We’re going to get linked to a shit load of midfielders between now and the end of the transfer window.

I reckon some of them will be contingencies if Bellingham decides to go elsewhere.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #15155 on: March 31, 2023, 10:48:06 pm »

Midfielder no. 4,000,001 we've been linked to this season.  I'm sure these transfer guru's have a massive dartboard for each position with loads of players name on and blindly throw 3 darts (usually Liverpool, Man United and City) at them, then Twitter it or whatever they do.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15156 on: March 31, 2023, 11:09:26 pm »
Klopp, when asked if he can see Liverpool spend over £100M on a single player, responds:

“We will spend in the summer, that’s what I can say definitely. The club will spend in the summer, definitely. For who and how many and stuff like this, there is nothing to say about, really.”

Klopp knew this question was specifically about Bellingham. Klopp did not dismiss the question off hand like he normally would, especially as just a few weeks ago he said he'd not answer any more transfer-related questions. Neither was he cagey with the usual, "I am not involved with money matters, its not my department", or "who knows", etc.

Sounds very much like Klopp is confident of LFC completing the Bellingham deal.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1641915775635329025
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 11:16:52 pm by RedSetGo »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15157 on: March 31, 2023, 11:53:22 pm »

Jacque Talbot
@jac_talbot
Liverpool - you might hear Southampton’s Roméo Lavia linked soon and it wouldn’t be far wrong
12:59 am · 31 Mar 2023

Would he just qualify as homegrown?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15158 on: April 1, 2023, 12:23:23 am »

"He has not played #8 to a superb level yet." Agreed. But he is 24! Adam Lallana was 26 when he joined us as a winger/#10, BUT he became a goal-scoring #8 for us when he was 27-28.

Wijnaldum was a good #10 when he joined, Klopp returned him to a solid & primarily protective #8, a position he became good at within 2 seasons of joining LFC.

The problem with this scenario, even if he did manage to adjust to playing as a #8 and the times he has played there in the past do not inspire a lot of confidence that he could do so, it is unlikely to be an immediate adjustment and by the summer we will already be a year overdue in requiring new starters, so we simply cannot afford the time it would take for any new signing would take to adjust to a change in position on top of the basic new club adjustment time.

At another time for our midfield or if we had different needs from a new signing (wanting an attacker who could also play a bit at #8) then he'd be a very good option, but really seems unsuited to our current combination of need and timeframe to be using up a fair chunk of transfer budget on him when there will be cheaper players who are a better fit for what we actually need in midfield.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 12:27:25 am by Skeeve »

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #15159 on: April 1, 2023, 12:26:21 am »
Klopp, when asked if he can see Liverpool spend over £100M on a single player, responds:

“We will spend in the summer, that’s what I can say definitely. The club will spend in the summer, definitely. For who and how many and stuff like this, there is nothing to say about, really.”

Klopp knew this question was specifically about Bellingham. Klopp did not dismiss the question off hand like he normally would, especially as just a few weeks ago he said he'd not answer any more transfer-related questions. Neither was he cagey with the usual, "I am not involved with money matters, its not my department", or "who knows", etc.

Sounds very much like Klopp is confident of LFC completing the Bellingham deal.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1641915775635329025

The bottom Reds will read this as...  FSG tell Klopp his transfer funds won't get Belligham, us Top Reds will see it as... I can't wait to see who Jurgen signs.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 12:38:30 am by Aldo1988 »
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"