Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069156 times)

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #14920 on: March 28, 2023, 03:38:56 pm »
Won't be popular but I wouldn't be against binning off all our injury prone players. They make the others get injuries because they're then overplayed. It's a vicious circle that needs to end.

Ox, Keita, Jota, Matip, Gomez, Thiago. A few of them are brilliant but they're rarely available.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 03:43:04 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14921 on: March 28, 2023, 03:52:51 pm »
Won't be popular but I wouldn't be against binning off all our injury prone players. They make the others get injuries because they're then overplayed. It's a vicious circle that needs to end.

Ox, Keita, Jota, Matip, Gomez, Thiago. A few of them are brilliant but they're rarely available.

Is Jota injury prone or just overplayed though? He got his last injury playing a fairly intense 90 minutes against City immediately after returning from a previous injury, due to other injuries forcing our hand.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14922 on: March 28, 2023, 03:59:22 pm »
Is Jota injury prone or just overplayed though? He got his last injury playing a fairly intense 90 minutes against City immediately after returning from a previous injury, due to other injuries forcing our hand.

Fair question. Difficult to tell but yes he was probably rushed back.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14923 on: March 28, 2023, 04:03:27 pm »
Jota has had some bad injuries which have kept him out for a long time but lets not forget one was that knee injury which was an impact one. Take away that and his appearance record was pretty good.

The last two hamstring and calf injuries have been bad but I am not lumping him in yet with the likes of Thiago and Keita.

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14924 on: March 28, 2023, 04:23:17 pm »
Bayern in for Mount according to the Times. Chelsea wanting over £50m. No surprise in the asking price. He was never going to cost £35m some were suggesting.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14925 on: March 28, 2023, 04:47:22 pm »
We brought Ox in years ago in a similar situation with imo also similar reputation in the game for £35m+ so not unexpected if true.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14926 on: March 28, 2023, 04:49:41 pm »
Well good news then.  That's a Munich based journo.  ;D

Liverpool are interested in Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch. [@kerry_hau]

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14927 on: March 28, 2023, 04:54:23 pm »
The article says Nagelsmann was pissed off with his lack of defensive work so he's gonna fit right in  ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14928 on: March 28, 2023, 05:05:06 pm »
Bayern in for Mount according to the Times. Chelsea wanting over £50m. No surprise in the asking price. He was never going to cost £35m some were suggesting.

Of course they'll want £50m. More likely they will get something in the £40m+ range. The Mount to Bayern link seems an easy one to fashion because Tuchel has just gone there. Arguably Mount would be the easiest of the players they likely want/need to shift

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #14929 on: March 28, 2023, 05:12:32 pm »

No one’s paying over 50 million for him with 12 months left

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14930 on: March 28, 2023, 05:17:48 pm »
No one’s paying over 50 million for him with 12 months left

I suspect they are trying to drum up a bidding war. He'll be easier to shift and raise more money than the likes of Loftus-Cheek or Ziyech

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14931 on: March 28, 2023, 06:05:12 pm »
Well good news then.  That's a Munich based journo.  ;D
No thanks. Just because he looks like Fabinho it doesn't mean he will be as good as him.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #14932 on: March 28, 2023, 06:09:43 pm »
The article says Nagelsmann was pissed off with his lack of defensive work so he's gonna fit right in  ;D

He'll get a long-term injury now... just for being linked with Liverpool.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14933 on: March 28, 2023, 06:13:31 pm »
He'll get a long-term injury now... just for being linked with Liverpool.

;D

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14934 on: March 28, 2023, 06:49:21 pm »
Personally think we'll break the British transfer record this summer and get Bellingham. We've proven before that we'll put big money up if it's the perfect player we need, and he's the perfect player we need.

I reckon it's a done deal if we get CL, if we don't he stays at Dortmund and signs a new contract.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14935 on: March 28, 2023, 08:06:41 pm »
No thanks. Just because he looks like Fabinho it doesn't mean he will be as good as him.

He doesn't even play as a DM even though he can.  :D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14936 on: March 28, 2023, 08:40:12 pm »
It’s Maddock so, you know, but he says we want Ndicka.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14937 on: March 28, 2023, 08:44:08 pm »

Don't we all?

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14938 on: March 28, 2023, 08:47:08 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14939 on: March 28, 2023, 08:54:39 pm »

It makes complete sense. We need to manage our budget - and a player that has significant potential is worth pursuing on a free.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14940 on: March 28, 2023, 09:05:44 pm »
Don't see the logic in Mount when we already have Elliott and Jones. All 3 are similar in that they don't fully profile as a midfielder or a wide forward. Would be nice to buy a couple of out and out midfielder players whether that be a 6 or 8.

I think the logic is that Mount at his best, is more athletic, more experienced and better than both Elliott and Jones. I say that with the caveat that I understand he's been quite poor this season. I think peak Mount profiles similarly to peak Ox of 17/18. Attack-minded and athletic midfielder/winger who is very effective at carrying the ball forward, progressive passing and tracking back to help defensively.

I do agree that we absolutely need to also buy a couple of midfielders for the 6/8, regardless of whether we get Mount.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14941 on: March 28, 2023, 09:32:14 pm »

I can’t say that i’ve ever seen Ndicka play, any free is tempting from a budget perspective but we should only sign him if we would want him regardless of his contract position, if he was under a long term deal would he be someone that we would deliberately target? if not then he probably wouldn’t meet our metrics for the position so we should swerve him

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14942 on: March 28, 2023, 09:32:22 pm »
On the subject of English midfielders, Gibbs White would suit us more than a lot of players named in this thread, would be expensive though.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #14943 on: March 28, 2023, 09:37:55 pm »
Signing Bellingham would give the club, our players, the Anfield staff, the fans and the whole of the city a lift. It would be the most exciting transfer since Torres and would really set down a marker that we are ready to return to the top table. A feather in Klopp's cap.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14944 on: March 28, 2023, 09:40:08 pm »

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14945 on: March 28, 2023, 10:21:05 pm »
I think the logic is that Mount at his best, is more athletic, more experienced and better than both Elliott and Jones. I say that with the caveat that I understand he's been quite poor this season. I think peak Mount profiles similarly to peak Ox of 17/18. Attack-minded and athletic midfielder/winger who is very effective at carrying the ball forward, progressive passing and tracking back to help defensively.

I do agree that we absolutely need to also buy a couple of midfielders for the 6/8, regardless of whether we get Mount.
But that doesnt make sense to since two penetrative CM types in Mount and Bellingham both are likely for the same role with already Elliott here.
Jones has been developing as an controller role more then the other role

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14946 on: March 28, 2023, 10:55:33 pm »
But that doesnt make sense to since two penetrative CM types in Mount and Bellingham both are likely for the same role with already Elliott here.
Jones has been developing as an controller role more then the other role

Elliott is 19 and while very talented and could/should have a bright future, is far from the finished product, struggles with consistency and should continue to be eased and molded into the midfielder that Klopp wants.

I also see no issue with bringing in two 'penetrative' midfielders this summer, whether that's Bellingham + Mount, Bellingham + someone else or two completely different ones.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 10:57:10 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14947 on: March 29, 2023, 12:05:58 am »
Elliott is 19 and while very talented and could/should have a bright future, is far from the finished product, struggles with consistency and should continue to be eased and molded into the midfielder that Klopp wants.

I also see no issue with bringing in two 'penetrative' midfielders this summer, whether that's Bellingham + Mount, Bellingham + someone else or two completely different ones.
Normally Klopp plays with 1 Penetrative type in the MF and has both fb overlap, City play with 2 and tuck in the FBs. That way you can protect the counter.
Now I do think he wants the controller role to be able to be creative also but from deeper, see Thiago but I dont think that Mount or Bellingham strength, it seemed when they played together in a small sample size vs some better teams with England the ball progression from deep was not as good with passing. Like both are the best at the same role(that why it confusing). Elliott played every game this year, Do I think he ready to be a starter every game no, think he can do 1500-2000 Minutes and be productive yea. He at 1478 Minutes in the PL just this year and been good overall.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14948 on: March 29, 2023, 12:28:18 am »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14949 on: March 29, 2023, 03:11:05 am »

Can he penetrate opposing defence?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14950 on: March 29, 2023, 04:47:35 am »

Mount is a fair bit older than Elliott, but no more suited to playing as an 8 in our system without significant improvement/adjustments and if we did want another more attacking midfielder as well as Bellingham then that should be in the context of them being an 8 who can attack rather than somebody we would need to convert to the position since we need the starters right away rather than after a significant amount of settling in time.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14951 on: March 29, 2023, 08:04:33 am »

Maddock is the obsolete term for earthworm or maggot.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14952 on: March 29, 2023, 08:52:17 am »
Personally think we'll break the British transfer record this summer and get Bellingham. We've proven before that we'll put big money up if it's the perfect player we need, and he's the perfect player we need.
Doubt it.
But willing to be surprised.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14953 on: March 29, 2023, 09:32:30 am »
Agreed he's what we need. It'll be a kick in the nuts if we don't get him.

Least summer transfer window will be here and over soon.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14954 on: March 29, 2023, 10:02:00 am »
:D

CUSTAAAAARD!

I have never and will never say custard the same since this episode.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14955 on: March 29, 2023, 10:56:16 am »
Maddock is the obsolete term for earthworm or maggot.
Is Maddock thr turncoat shithouse that joined the rag?, or someone else?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14956 on: March 29, 2023, 10:57:46 am »
Most certainly not
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14957 on: March 29, 2023, 10:58:18 am »
Still at The Mirror.

Not one those journos who does transfer rumours stuff, more reporting on our games.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14958 on: March 29, 2023, 11:20:51 am »
I've remembered who it was now, it was Bascombe wasn't it?, worked for the Sunday rag.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14959 on: March 29, 2023, 11:48:00 am »
Still at The Mirror.

Not one those journos who does transfer rumours stuff, more reporting on our games.

Although from my understanding he is pretty reliable when he does talk about transfer stuff.

Not always correct in how things play out, but not a chancer either - everything he says I get is genuine and from legitimate information provided to him.