Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2789215 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled
« Reply #33080 on: February 7, 2023, 08:46:13 pm »
https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1622704414900322316

Wow. This is fantastic but also mind blowing. Nick Harris is the man. Watch from 12 mins and 54 seconds for about 11 mins.
Nick Harris has been one of the lone voices in the wilderness constantly criticising the cheating of Abu Dhabi, while all the other talking heads were just shills.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33081 on: February 7, 2023, 08:51:45 pm »
I mean, they have tax advisers. That's not an oh whoops mistake. That's simple tax evasion since 2003. They would have declared that

Yeah, they would have hired the best tax advisors around so that nothing like that would be missed. Their owners' aims aren't to avoid paying tax, it's more likely sportswashing.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 08:53:23 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33082 on: February 7, 2023, 08:52:08 pm »
You hand the titles to Liverpool and United and you’re opening up a massive financial can of worms all over those tables over multiple years.

Lawsuits for decades. Wont happen.

Were there lawsuits for decades in Italy when they stripped Juve of the title?

I think most clubs would be glad to see the back of City and won't really care if we or United gain another title or two.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33083 on: February 7, 2023, 08:53:09 pm »
Yeah, they would have hired the best tax advisors around so that nothing like that would be missed. Their owners' aims aren't to avoid paying tax, it's sportswashing.
Exactly. Paying more money to an authority is not something they care about. They want to spend as much money as possible without breaching FFP & PL rules. They will have paid the correct tax.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33084 on: February 7, 2023, 09:00:21 pm »
Exactly. Paying more money to an authority is not something they care about. They want to spend as much money as possible without breaching FFP & PL rules. They will have paid the correct tax.

Slim chance I assume since AbuDhabi-authorities doesn't care about money laundering and the UK authorities would most likely appreciate a UK tax object post artificial high revenues - but would the city back office and accountants have a legal responsibility to report for instance the stupid shirt deals etc - or would they simply claim that it is only fair or they had no idea that citys deal were like 50 times higher than uniteds ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #33085 on: February 7, 2023, 09:01:08 pm »

And that could be used against them by the PL though. If they paid for example tax on £400 million worth of wages lets say for wages on and off the books, but the books are saying you only paid £200 million in wages, the question from the PL will be very simple - why were you paying so much tax?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33086 on: February 7, 2023, 09:04:07 pm »
Slim chance I assume since AbuDhabi-authorities doesn't care about money laundering and the UK authorities would most likely appreciate a UK tax object post artificial high revenues - but would the city back office and accountants have a legal responsibility to report for instance the stupid shirt deals etc - or would they simply claim that it is only fair or they had no idea that citys deal were like 50 times higher than uniteds ?

If so, they probably would transfer pricing adjustments (if relevant) in their returns to reflect connected party transactions. That would help ensure things are ok from a tax perspective. The rules for FFP are totally different and it's the footballing side where the issues for them are likely to be, not anything tax related.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33087 on: February 7, 2023, 09:05:01 pm »
Have the PL presented any timeline in this? Could it potentially drag on for years? Either way, this might be City done at top level for the foreseeable future. Who would want to join them while this is ongoing?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33088 on: February 7, 2023, 09:08:31 pm »
And that could be used against them by the PL though. If they paid for example tax on £400 million worth of wages lets say for wages on and off the books, but the books are saying you only paid £200 million in wages, the question from the PL will be very simple - why were you paying so much tax?

This is very interesting. Lets say, if Man City are punished by the PL, and they appeal the punishment in the British courts, will they be forced to disclose this tax information?

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33089 on: February 7, 2023, 09:17:14 pm »

That's not money laundering though. If it is all properly disclosed, and the proper tax is paid, it won't interest HMRC. Connected transactions happen all the time; provided the proper tax treatment is applied to them (and this more a DPT & TP issue than anything else) HMRC don't care. You are correct that they owe a legal duty to declare these matters however,

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33090 on: February 7, 2023, 09:17:56 pm »
If so, they probably would transfer pricing adjustments (if relevant) in their returns to reflect connected party transactions. That would help ensure things are ok from a tax perspective. The rules for FFP are totally different and it's the footballing side where the issues for them are likely to be, not anything tax related.

Precisely.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33091 on: February 7, 2023, 09:21:03 pm »
That's not money laundering though. If it is all properly disclosed, and the proper tax is paid, it won't interest HMRC. Connected transactions happen all the time; provided the proper tax treatment is applied to them (and this more a DPT & TP issue than anything else) HMRC don't care. You are correct that they owe a legal duty to declare these matters however,

Thanks !
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33092 on: February 7, 2023, 09:28:46 pm »
Is correct.

The argument works both ways. We wouldn't have got as many points without needing to be almost perfect to beat the cheats. Other teams could argue that they would have challenged if City weren't there going toe-for-toe.

Fair enough, but that's why I say that it's very difficult to award the titles. City had such an influence on things and distorted things to such an extent that all the teams competing with them were affected. No one knows how those seasons would've ended up without the presence (or simply the spectre) of City, so probably the fairest thing - in my opinion - is to simply leave them vacant. Everyone knows we're the only ones who matched them in the Guardiola era anyway.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 09:35:01 pm by decosabute »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #33093 on: February 7, 2023, 09:30:25 pm »
Ask Stevie does he want the medal he was cheated out of, ask Suarez if he wants his PL winners medal, aske Brendan..... you get my drift

They'd all probably say no
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33094 on: February 7, 2023, 09:31:34 pm »

If tens of millions of pounds are coming from a source other than that claimed then it begs the question as where it actually came from, so it’s certainly raises a money laundering question.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33095 on: February 7, 2023, 09:31:54 pm »
https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1622704414900322316

Wow. This is fantastic but also mind blowing. Nick Harris is the man. Watch from 12 mins and 54 seconds for about 11 mins.

Thanks for passing this on. Harris has been one of the few beacons of truth throughout, so looking forward to watching later.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #33096 on: February 7, 2023, 09:32:24 pm »
I think a load would indeed say no including United's lads as well, but also think all the talk about this is pointless because no one has even really suggested its on the table. They'll get relegated and everyone will leave :D
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33097 on: February 7, 2023, 09:36:33 pm »

Why would anyone reject a medal that he has fairly won? Have we accepted lying and cheating as a norm? What is done is done, and no justice is required?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33098 on: February 7, 2023, 09:38:27 pm »
Always worth remembering these emails...

https://twitter.com/AdamJoseph____/status/1622889676855197697?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1622889676855197697%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Just reading through this and it's obviously awful but I see Pogba is mentioned in there. What's all that about then?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33099 on: February 7, 2023, 09:39:36 pm »
I think a load would indeed say no including United's lads as well, but also think all the talk about this is pointless because no one has even really suggested its on the table. They'll get relegated and everyone will leave :D

You've got players who are never going to win a league, course they'll want a medal
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33100 on: February 7, 2023, 09:42:18 pm »
You've got players who are never going to win a league, course they'll want a medal

Yeah, I find it difficult to believe any player would say no if given the choice. They'd say it wouldn't be the same as getting it at the time but that's a different matter.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33101 on: February 7, 2023, 09:44:53 pm »
Just reading through this and it's obviously awful but I see Pogba is mentioned in there. What's all that about then?

Looks like they were going to sign Poggers ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #33102 on: February 7, 2023, 09:44:55 pm »
Yeah fair. There'd be a lot of people who'd be thrilled I guess. I just don't see anyone putting out more than a celebratory tweet about it.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #33103 on: February 7, 2023, 09:48:04 pm »
Yeah, I find it difficult to believe any player would say no if given the choice. They'd say it wouldn't be the same as getting it at the time but that's a different matter.
Just kick the fucking cheats out of the League.
It's the only message to put out to any future potential cheats

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33104 on: February 7, 2023, 09:48:38 pm »
If tens of millions of pounds are coming from a source other than that claimed then it begs the question as where it actually came from, so it’s certainly raises a money laundering question.

They will have told HMRC (or FCA) exactly where that money came from though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33105 on: February 7, 2023, 09:48:47 pm »
They aren’t stripping them of titles. You can all forget about it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33106 on: February 7, 2023, 09:48:53 pm »
Yeah fair. There'd be a lot of people who'd be thrilled I guess. I just don't see anyone putting out more than a celebratory tweet about it.

Dunno, Michael Owen acted like he'd won the league single handed for you ;D

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33107 on: February 7, 2023, 09:49:51 pm »
Were there lawsuits for decades in Italy when they stripped Juve of the title?

I think most clubs would be glad to see the back of City and won't really care if we or United gain another title or two.

From Wiki:
In January 2019, the Naples Court of Appeal rejected the appeals for damages brought by Bologna through the parent company Victoria 2000 and by Brescia for unjust downgrading in the 2004–05 season; the judge ruled that there was no proof that the two teams were relegated due to any alleged wrongdoing.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #33108 on: February 7, 2023, 09:50:14 pm »
Why would anyone reject a medal that he has fairly won? Have we accepted lying and cheating as a norm? What is done is done, and no justice is required?

Where the fuck did I suggest that we accept lying and cheating? As far as I'm concerned, City ought to be relegated from the division, slapped with a gargantuan fine, and stripped of their titles.

The point I was making, is that as professional sportsmen, I highly doubt Stevie (or anyone else involved in LFC teams that lost titles to these shitbags) would want to "win" a medal by having it retrospectively "awarded" to them. The players have all likely moved on from it and closed that chapter. I know I would. Doesn't mean City don't deserve to have the book thrown at them here and now
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33109 on: February 7, 2023, 09:50:46 pm »
City should be suspended from domestic football until the outcome of investigations.  League results are null and void. Can’t do much about the cups other than kick them out of the FA Cup.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33110 on: February 7, 2023, 09:51:35 pm »
They will have told HMRC (or FCA) exactly where that money came from though.

Dunno, if you read the emails, they seem to be getting very confused about what money they are funneling from where to where and who is paying what  ;D

Simon: 'We need to be cleaner than this. When we make a mistake like this we need to clean it immediately otherwise we will complicate things down the line and make my life difficult!'

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33111 on: February 7, 2023, 09:54:46 pm »
City should be suspended from domestic football until the outcome of investigations.  League results are null and void. Can’t do much about the cups other than kick them out of the FA Cup.

I don't think this will happen, but what happens in the meantime is an important point. Ken Early was talking about this on Second Captains and he correctly said that it'll be a festering wound until there's a definite outcome either way. It's bizarre for City to continue competing in a league that is trying to throw the book at them.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #33112 on: February 7, 2023, 09:54:57 pm »
Dunno, Michael Owen acted like he'd won the league single handed for you ;D
The celebrations he did scoring in a dead rubber on the last day against Blackpool. The guy's shameless like

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33113 on: February 7, 2023, 09:55:04 pm »

There's absolutely no chance Brendan Rodgers says no  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33114 on: February 7, 2023, 09:58:13 pm »
Bluto Aka Martin Samuel has done a pro City article that will be in the posted tomorrow according to Twitter

Got to serve his Abu Dhabi masters.

Not sure what paper he works for as he's not at the Daily Mail anymore.

I hate that fat c*nt

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33115 on: February 7, 2023, 09:58:22 pm »
Just kick the fucking cheats out of the League.
It's the only message to put out to any future potential cheats

Oh no doubt. I was just talking about if it came down to stripping them of their titles and awarding them to us or Man Utd. The most important outcome is them being severely punished.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33116 on: February 7, 2023, 09:59:21 pm »
Looks like they were going to sign Poggers ;D

They should be made to sign him for £100m as part of their punishment.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33117 on: February 7, 2023, 10:00:31 pm »
Tomorrow's Times, that ADFC Bluto Schill having his say for his paymasters.

Doesnt his kid work for City as well? Absolutley shameless human being

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #33118 on: February 7, 2023, 10:01:02 pm »
Tomorrow's Times, that ADFC Bluto Schill having his say for his paymasters.

"Yes Manchester City broke the rules".

Cheers Bluto, more case for the prosecution if their paid shills are admitted to rule breaking.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33119 on: February 7, 2023, 10:01:11 pm »
Jabba the Hutt is absolutely shameless.