Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1045977 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #10000 on: January 28, 2023, 08:34:01 pm »
Matterface spent a good minute explaining the climate change pattern on Reading's shirts.

Talk a glass eye to sleep, that prick.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10001 on: January 28, 2023, 09:05:44 pm »
I'll never wrap my head around why ITV made Matterface lead commentator. The notion that there's a man sitting in ITV HQ and deciding that this is the man that viewers of ITV want to listen to for the big games absolutely blows my mind. They need to give their heads a wobble, pronto.

At least with Sky and Tyler, you can claim Tyler was formerly an exciting commentator and Sky are refusing to accept that he's an old man who's slowly losing his mind, but Matterface has nothing in his portfolio to command the position he finds himself in.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #10002 on: January 28, 2023, 10:03:47 pm »
I'll never wrap my head around why ITV made Matterface lead commentator. The notion that there's a man sitting in ITV HQ and deciding that this is the man that viewers of ITV want to listen to for the big games absolutely blows my mind. They need to give their heads a wobble, pronto.

At least with Sky and Tyler, you can claim Tyler was formerly an exciting commentator and Sky are refusing to accept that he's an old man who's slowly losing his mind, but Matterface has nothing in his portfolio to command the position he finds himself in.
Yep. The same can be said about a number of the current crop of commentators/presenters/pundits (both male & female) that TV companies insist on forcing upon us, despite how bad they are.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10003 on: January 28, 2023, 10:21:02 pm »
I've always said one thing about Materface and the more you listen to him the more you can't get away from it - he spends an awful long time talking about people's appearance. What they are wearing, how their hair looks. It's so so boring.
There's probably a good reason why it doesn't happen but I'd love to see one of the broadcasters take a risk and have someone different each week. There has to be loads of really good ones out there. When you have the likes of Dixon, Keown, McMamanaman, Murphy etc etc etc on week after week, you get the same boring shitty lines week after week. You watch Match Of the Day Tonight too. As sure as in Eastenders a wedding never goes smoothly or Phil Mitchell has a punch up at Christmas, it will be full of "you'd of scored that Gary" or "you strikers are all the same" bullox and them all killing themselves laughing.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10004 on: January 29, 2023, 01:05:07 pm »
McCoist doing our game thank God.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #10005 on: January 30, 2023, 03:25:21 pm »
McCoist doing our game thank God.

Nearly had to turn them off last night....well, yesterday afternoon

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #10006 on: January 30, 2023, 04:03:58 pm »
Particularly enjoyed Ally and Clive's Ronaldo / Dunk freekick piss-take  ;D  .....streets ahead of any other commentary duo
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10007 on: January 31, 2023, 02:24:45 pm »
Three Paul Merson opinions side by side on sky sports

'Outstanding, a top signing' Merson on Jorginho to Arsenal, who cannot get in the Chelsea side

'He can't get in the Bayern team. It's a panic buy' The same Paul Merson on Sabitzer to United or Chelsea

'Gallagher would keep Everton up!' Another cracker from the man himself

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10008 on: February 6, 2023, 10:00:17 am »
Just read that Iain Dowie is now a regional sales manager at GOTO surveys.

Even stranger, he has this a linkedin profile with no mention of his football connection

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/iain-dowie-46878b89
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10009 on: February 6, 2023, 11:45:03 am »
Just read that Iain Dowie is now a regional sales manager at GOTO surveys.

Even stranger, he has this a linkedin profile with no mention of his football connection

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/iain-dowie-46878b89
Bouncebackability!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10010 on: February 6, 2023, 11:53:55 pm »
Three Paul Merson opinions side by side on sky sports

'Outstanding, a top signing' Merson on Jorginho to Arsenal, who cannot get in the Chelsea side

'He can't get in the Bayern team. It's a panic buy' The same Paul Merson on Sabitzer to United or Chelsea

'Gallagher would keep Everton up!' Another cracker from the man himself
He is a complete biff.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10011 on: February 9, 2023, 10:18:38 am »
We all know Gaby Agbonglahor isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Being his usual cringy Jack Grealish fan boy he had a pop at Simon Jordan on radio today for suggesting that Grealish goes down far too easy. According to the genius, Jordan doesn't like Grealish because Grealish snubbed him for lunch in Ibiza a few years back. Jordan left Piers Moron in a tizzy so it wouldn't be that hard to put Agbonglahor away but his response was excellent. Not only would he never go to Ibiza, he doesn't like happy meals so wouldn't go for lunch with Jack Grealish even if he was there. And if he did like them, the last person he would want to try to hold a conversation would be Grealish. He then added "the story may have some credibility if it came from someone who could add up, but it came Gabby, and we all know when Gabby does 2 + 2 he gets yellow"
I get Agbonglahor wants to try to stay relevant, but trying to out word people like Klopp and Jordan....

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10012 on: February 9, 2023, 10:32:57 am »
"the story may have some credibility if it came from someone who could add up, but it came Gabby, and we all know when Gabby does 2 + 2 he gets yellow"

What a put-down ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10013 on: February 9, 2023, 10:33:05 am »
We all know Gaby Agbonglahor isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Being his usual cringy Jack Grealish fan boy he had a pop at Simon Jordan on radio today for suggesting that Grealish goes down far too easy. According to the genius, Jordan doesn't like Grealish because Grealish snubbed him for lunch in Ibiza a few years back. Jordan left Piers Moron in a tizzy so it wouldn't be that hard to put Agbonglahor away but his response was excellent. Not only would he never go to Ibiza, he doesn't like happy meals so wouldn't go for lunch with Jack Grealish even if he was there. And if he did like them, the last person he would want to try to hold a conversation would be Grealish. He then added "the story may have some credibility if it came from someone who could add up, but it came Gabby, and we all know when Gabby does 2 + 2 he gets yellow"
I get Agbonglahor wants to try to stay relevant, but trying to out word people like Klopp and Jordan....
Another complete idiot stealing a living as a "pundit", why do halfwits like Agbonlahor and Merson continue to be employed in sports media?, the vast majority of these ex footballers in the media are either imbeciles, or complete miseries, why can't more of them be like Ally McCoist?, knowledgeable and genuinely enthused by commentating on football?

Online oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10014 on: February 9, 2023, 10:43:38 am »
the guy doing the Sunderland v Fulham game last night was quite good

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10015 on: February 9, 2023, 10:44:25 am »
What a put-down ;D

Brilliant. The best about it is you can just picture Agbonglahor arguing with himself that 2 + 2 does = yellow
Jordan then had a go at Gary Neville as he usually does. About how he's not talking much about workers rights in Qatar all of a sudden

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10016 on: February 9, 2023, 12:19:51 pm »
Another complete idiot stealing a living as a "pundit", why do halfwits like Agbonlahor and Merson continue to be employed in sports media?, the vast majority of these ex footballers in the media are either imbeciles, or complete miseries, why can't more of them be like Ally McCoist?, knowledgeable and genuinely enthused by commentating on football?

I often think with Merson that if Sky binned him off he'd just end up drinking and gambling himself to death and they know that so they don't want to risk it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10017 on: February 9, 2023, 12:42:18 pm »

Jordan is a tit but he is funny and spot on at times.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10018 on: February 9, 2023, 01:10:20 pm »
Jordan is a tit but he is funny and spot on at times.

Oh he is, he's a right peacock but he has a unique way with words. He's actually very good when it comes to football finances and its nice to have that insight at times as opposed to endless tired boring cliches

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10019 on: February 13, 2023, 10:20:43 pm »
Christiansen on tonight's game wasn't bad. Better than Osman for sure.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10020 on: February 14, 2023, 10:09:53 am »
Christiansen on tonight's game wasn't bad. Better than Osman for sure.

I had the great fortune of listening to Tyler. He's clearly not a Nunez fan either. Accused him of going down easy, his part in the goal was described as his pass just about and no more making it over the defenders head and could have been cut out, Not a good word to say at all. All the while praying for an Everton goal and reminding us every 2 mins that Everton are still in it if they can just get the next goal

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10021 on: February 14, 2023, 10:14:30 am »
I had the great fortune of listening to Tyler. He's clearly not a Nunez fan either. Accused him of going down easy, his part in the goal was described as his pass just about and no more making it over the defenders head and could have been cut out, Not a good word to say at all. All the while praying for an Everton goal and reminding us every 2 mins that Everton are still in it if they can just get the next goal

The old trick of talking about what they want to happen, instead of what is happening. Neville and Tyler have perfected the art.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #10022 on: February 14, 2023, 10:22:51 am »
As much of a c*nt as tyler is on comms, saying that kind of thing is basic commentary stuff to stop people turning it off and watching something else instead.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10023 on: February 14, 2023, 02:40:27 pm »
As much of a c*nt as tyler is on comms, saying that kind of thing is basic commentary stuff to stop people turning it off and watching something else instead.
It has the opposite effect on me. I would rather listen to Bulgarian commentary than that c*nt.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #10024 on: February 14, 2023, 04:00:21 pm »
It has the opposite effect on me. I would rather listen to Bulgarian commentary than that c*nt.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10025 on: February 18, 2023, 07:34:59 pm »
Carra was dreadful today.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10026 on: February 18, 2023, 07:42:43 pm »
Saint Maximin getting man of the match is hilarious :lmao
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10027 on: February 18, 2023, 07:43:56 pm »
Saint Maximin getting man of the match is hilarious :lmao
No end product. Can't remember a shot on target by him. Joke.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10028 on: February 18, 2023, 07:47:38 pm »
No end product. Can't remember a shot on target by him. Joke.

He had that one shot in the first half that was saved, other than that, he carried it a bit but thats it.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10029 on: February 18, 2023, 07:50:34 pm »
he's very skillful but not at all productive.

MOTM?  gimme a break.

it was Ali by a l-o-n-g country mile.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10030 on: February 18, 2023, 07:54:28 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #10031 on: February 18, 2023, 07:55:44 pm »
Jamie Redknapp doesn’t half chat some wham.
AHA!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10032 on: February 18, 2023, 07:57:46 pm »
Haha redknapp saying this shouldn’t have been a red on pope. Honestly , pundits are as bad as refs these days. There’s no fucker in goal salah would’ve walked it in… what a clown

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10033 on: February 18, 2023, 08:00:15 pm »
Haha redknapp saying this shouldn’t have been a red on pope. Honestly , pundits are as bad as refs these days. There’s no fucker in goal salah would’ve walked it in… what a clown

He was saying the player getting back means it wasn’t a clear goal scoring chance.

Reverse the role, longstaff does that and Pope is still in goal, it’s still a red because its one on one with the goalie. What utter nonsense he is spouting :lmao Thought i’d give it a go for Rafa’s thoughts but had to turn it off half way through that discussion

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #10034 on: February 18, 2023, 08:06:31 pm »
He was saying the player getting back means it wasn’t a clear goal scoring chance.

Reverse the role, longstaff does that and Pope is still in goal, it’s still a red because its one on one with the goalie. What utter nonsense he is spouting :lmao Thought i’d give it a go for Rafa’s thoughts but had to turn it off half way through that discussion

I mean that's a great point. I was just focused on the fact it seemed like he thought longstaff could play fly goalie

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10035 on: February 18, 2023, 08:08:32 pm »

It’s mad. As if Mo, through on goal with an outfield player on the loan isn’t a goal scoring opportunity. :D

Don’t mind Redknapp overall. Nice and pretty, but dim. And fairly harmless.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #10036 on: February 18, 2023, 08:10:50 pm »
It’s mad. As if Mo, through on goal with an outfield player on the loan isn’t a goal scoring opportunity. :D

Don’t mind Redknapp overall. Nice and pretty, but dim. And fairly harmless.

He upset my childhood crush, so one of them.

Redknapp not Mo

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10037 on: February 18, 2023, 08:22:38 pm »
He upset my childhood crush, so one of them.

Redknapp not Mo

As in your childhood crush, Louise presumably?

Or he upset your childhood crush, who was a big Michael Thomas fan and she was gutted when the 96 Cup Final team news came out?

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10038 on: February 18, 2023, 08:40:29 pm »
The difference having a manager like Rafa in the studio compared to the ‘pundits’ they usually have was night and day. Good to see him looking well too

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10039 on: February 18, 2023, 08:46:48 pm »
Jamie Redknapp doesn’t half chat some wham.
Just came here to say the same thing.
He's a massive brain fart.