Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5731938 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Arsenal
« Reply #66280 on: February 5, 2023, 08:27:28 am »
And there's the snidey mask slipping. Showed his true colours this fella after years of the poor mouth. Even the unflushable turd winning today gave me a smile just thinking of the insufferable gloating this fella has been doing for months.

I’m not sure it’s fair to say the mask slipped, was it July the Partey stuff first came out? And before that the postponement stuff last season. He’s actually being very consistent.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66281 on: February 5, 2023, 08:34:23 am »
Need to disagree mate, we were poor yesterday with the starting XI, and unless Partey would have been marking Tarkowski then we would have still conceded, and I'm not sure we'd have got back in it regardless. Yesterdays game always felt like who scored first wins.

Need to ask why we constantly fail at Goodison and against Sean Dyche teams.

If you’re not playing well make sure you don’t lose. A draw would’ve extended our lead. We weren’t desperate enough to take off the best defensive midfielder in the league for  Jorginho who looked hopeless at everything, inclding passing the ball, what he’s famed for.
We were also getting on top in the game either side of half time, but Arteta went too early with the subs. If they retreated into their box I understand but at that point they still had a lot of fight in midfield and we needed both Partey and Martinelli on.
Anyway luckily we had a cushion to afford one bad defeat,  not two though so the next game is massive.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66282 on: February 5, 2023, 09:00:31 am »
I’m not sure it’s fair to say the mask slipped, was it July the Partey stuff first came out? And before that the postponement stuff last season. He’s actually being very consistent.

Working on a new fragrance .

“Obsession “ by El Lobo

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #66283 on: February 5, 2023, 09:28:00 am »
“Wind yer neck in calling me a c*nt, you want some yeh, ill have ya, 12 faacking games and you’re  givin it the big un, 12 faacking games , eh , in my manor , you come in here givin it large , I’ll tell you what yeh, you and me outside , naaw, see you , you mug , you’ve just met TNB. “

🤣🤣

:D

Heh. i'll always prefer a decent sense of humour over grim, serious, po-faced whinging. And at least you're quite complimentary about Liverpool FC, unlike many supposed Liverpool FC fans

That City jibe yesterday was a bit off but on balance you can stay AFAIC ;)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 11:54:46 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #66284 on: February 5, 2023, 09:31:06 am »
Can we go back to gentle piss taking when appropriate please, shite day at the office all round yesterday, emotions running high and so on.

Decent thread this, hope it doesn't go swiftly downhill and descend into a slanging match.

(Leave that sort of shite to the kids on Twitter)

« Last Edit: February 5, 2023, 09:33:40 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66285 on: February 5, 2023, 10:10:28 am »
Can we go back to gentle piss taking when appropriate please, shite day at the office all round yesterday, emotions running high and so on.

Decent thread this, hope it doesn't go swiftly downhill and descend into a slanging match.

(Leave that sort of shite to the kids on Twitter)

:wellin

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #66286 on: February 5, 2023, 10:22:08 am »
“Wind yer neck in calling me a c*nt, you want some yeh, ill have ya, 12 faacking games and you’re  givin it the big un, 12 faacking games , eh , in my manor , you come in here givin it large , I’ll tell you what yeh, you and me outside , naaw, see you , you mug , you’ve just met TNB. “

;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66287 on: February 5, 2023, 10:35:02 am »
:D

Heh. i'll always prefer a decent sense of humour over grim, serious, po-faced whinging. And at least you're quite complementary about Liverpool FC, unlike many supposed Liverpool FC fans

That City jibe yesterday was a bit off but on balance you can stay AFAIC ;)

I do apologize.

In reality, if we win the league, even the ones who want to see me crash and burn will be very happy that smug cheats city got a bloody nose. In the grand scheme of things we re all on the same side against those that ruined football.
Even now , part of the reason both of us couldn’t really strengthen in the window is because the market is so damaged our clubs would have to part with 80m just to buy midfield potential. It’s very hard to compete, if you’re a legitimate business.
 You’ve fought bravely against this for years and now paying for it (did win everything still). We have reached a point where we have pretty much done everything perfectly this season and might still fall short.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66288 on: February 5, 2023, 10:48:13 am »
Need to disagree mate, we were poor yesterday with the starting XI, and unless Partey would have been marking Tarkowski then we would have still conceded, and I'm not sure we'd have got back in it regardless. Yesterdays game always felt like who scored first wins.

Need to ask why we constantly fail at Goodison and against Sean Dyche teams.
I did find your bench slightly underwhelming yesterday and probably highlights the difference between anyone else and City/Chelsea.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66289 on: February 5, 2023, 10:55:29 am »
I did find your bench slightly underwhelming yesterday and probably highlights the difference between anyone else and City/Chelsea.

This is why we need to keep playing our first 11. At the moment I’m far more impressed with small squad Arteta with an 11 that picks itself than with yesterday. I hope he didn’t inherit the weird line up ideas from Pep too. He cost himself a couple of CLs with wrong starting line ups and subs at the wrong time.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66290 on: February 5, 2023, 10:59:49 am »
This is why we need to keep playing our first 11. At the moment I’m far more impressed with small squad Arteta with an 11 that picks itself than with yesterday. I hope he didn’t inherit the weird line up ideas from Pep too. He cost himself a couple of CLs with wrong starting line ups and subs at the wrong time.
Can only play the first 11 so much and even then it needs freshening up? Start Trossard for example and put Martinelli centrally?

Nketiah had great chance in first half & smashed it wildly for some reason. Odegaard getting that knock early on didn't help either imo.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #66291 on: February 5, 2023, 11:18:59 am »
The Odegaard miss was a pivotal point for me.....you were having no joy getting past the Bitter bus, but great work by Nketiah fianlly undid them.....on a plate for him - ballooned it - they go up the other end and it's 1-0 .....on such moments seasons turn
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #66292 on: February 5, 2023, 11:24:53 am »
Naaaaa snide c*nt that's where you're wrong. It's not City winning gives me a smile, it's gloating, snide sad cases like you and knowing how much that'll have killed you today. And I'll continue to enjoy it on this Liverpool fan forum. You're a snide c*nt and if I had my way you'd be gone off here precisely because of dickhead comments like that. Celebrating like you won the league after about 12 games. Fuck off.

Sorry. Who the fuck are you?

TNB has been a decent away fan on this site for years. If he's enjoying Arsenals run this season then why the fuck shouldn't he?

He's a good lad and that is a poor post.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66293 on: February 5, 2023, 11:29:46 am »
Can only play the first 11 so much and even then it needs freshening up? Start Trossard for example and put Martinelli centrally?

Nketiah had great chance in first half & smashed it wildly for some reason. Odegaard getting that knock early on didn't help either imo.

There was a lot of talk of Nketiah staying first choice even with Jesus back. Martinelli hasn’t been the same with Jesus absence. His involvement in the passing moves in our attacks opens up so much more possibilities than Nketiah, who is a good old fashioned run in behind and finish, he’s done really well, but can’t wait for Jesus to get back.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66294 on: February 5, 2023, 11:33:43 am »

You have to see how the game develops, after 60 mins of a game full of time wasting , players pretending to have head injuries and throw ins and goal kicks taking 5 mins, there was no need to freshen things up or go to plan B. Just give the team more time to find solutions, but Arteta is still a very young manager and he too will learn . 

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66295 on: February 5, 2023, 11:45:50 am »
Sorry. Who the fuck are you?

TNB has been a decent away fan on this site for years. If he's enjoying Arsenals run this season then why the fuck shouldn't he?

He's a good lad and that is a poor post.

Super Andy ! Haven’t seen you for a while!

In fairness I was a bit out of order and things went a little football factory “are you Dorian” . But I apologize to everyone, including mr little break. Even lobo , actually not lobo he doesn’t deserve an apology.

😊

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66296 on: February 5, 2023, 12:07:35 pm »
They struggle in the big north west games , we will beat  them city will beat them. Hopefully city dont do the win 15 in a row trope, but knew when everton scored game was done, maybe a year to early for them routing for them over the football manager editor sky blues.
No time for caution.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66297 on: February 5, 2023, 12:21:46 pm »
I do apologize.

In reality, if we win the league, even the ones who want to see me crash and burn will be very happy that smug cheats city got a bloody nose. In the grand scheme of things we re all on the same side against those that ruined football.
Even now , part of the reason both of us couldn’t really strengthen in the window is because the market is so damaged our clubs would have to part with 80m just to buy midfield potential. It’s very hard to compete, if you’re a legitimate business.
 You’ve fought bravely against this for years and now paying for it (did win everything still). We have reached a point where we have pretty much done everything perfectly this season and might still fall short.

That's where the tight bastard in me would like to see you fail, just to see how fucking horrible it is to lose to absolute cheats. Got sick of fans backing the washers, watching them destroy the game, just so that we didn't win it.

Ideal world, I'd rather you won it, even if your manager is a blood money taking gimp. In fact, you are sort of a mini Abu Dhabi, aren't you ;)

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #66298 on: February 5, 2023, 12:22:10 pm »
We've shown the dreaded new manager bounce is fiction, but that was a really bad time to play relegation candidates.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66299 on: February 5, 2023, 02:28:46 pm »
Super Andy ! Haven’t seen you for a while!

In fairness I was a bit out of order and things went a little football factory “are you Dorian” . But I apologize to everyone, including mr little break. Even lobo , actually not lobo he doesn’t deserve an apology.

😊

My apologies too, mate. Tough day in the real world yesterday, took it out on you.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #66300 on: February 5, 2023, 02:32:47 pm »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66301 on: February 5, 2023, 02:37:54 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #66303 on: February 5, 2023, 04:53:37 pm »
See :) You can drop plenty lads
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66304 on: February 5, 2023, 05:21:44 pm »
See :) You can drop plenty lads

Spurs will Spurs it in the second half . Just like the home game city will walk this in the end

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66305 on: February 5, 2023, 05:28:19 pm »
Spurs will Spurs it in the second half . Just like the home game city will walk this in the end

1-4

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #66306 on: February 5, 2023, 06:32:17 pm »
Fully expected a City win today to complete this sweaty rancid ringpiece of a weekend...... Yes, it's a miniscule crumb of comfort that Arsenal are still keeping them at bay, but I'll take anything at this point...

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66307 on: February 5, 2023, 06:33:04 pm »
Not a bad weekend in the end , maintained our lead at the top with another gameweek chalked off.

But this is we shouldve taken the 0-0 and not made the subs yesterday, every point is crucial.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66308 on: February 5, 2023, 06:43:17 pm »
Advantage Arsenal.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66309 on: February 5, 2023, 07:05:41 pm »
Advantage Arsenal.

Should go 8 clear.

Shouldn't lose it from here.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66310 on: February 5, 2023, 07:07:23 pm »
Should go 8 clear.

Shouldn't lose it from here.

Game in hand Against the Ev . Bastards.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66311 on: February 5, 2023, 07:11:22 pm »
Game in hand Against the Ev . Bastards.

At home. Avoid defeat to City and it's on.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66312 on: February 5, 2023, 07:15:06 pm »
All eyes on the emirates in the big show down. An absolute must win for City, and a somewhat of a must win for Arsenal to take complete control. Don't think City come back from defeat.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66313 on: February 5, 2023, 07:18:46 pm »
All eyes on the emirates in the big show down. An absolute must win for City, and a somewhat of a must win for Arsenal to take complete control. Don't think City come back from defeat.

Agreed , if we win that, I think they’ll throw the towel in and go all in on CL, and fa cup.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #66314 on: February 5, 2023, 07:23:11 pm »

Which one is the Emirates? City or Arsenal’s?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #66315 on: February 5, 2023, 07:25:32 pm »
Really need Arsenal to win both games. Anything else brings Man Utd into the title race.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66316 on: February 5, 2023, 07:26:04 pm »
Really need Arsenal to win both games. Anything else brings Man Utd into the title race.

Utd looking at a quadruple. Sickening really.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #66317 on: February 5, 2023, 07:34:54 pm »

Haha! Steady on.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66318 on: February 5, 2023, 07:40:31 pm »

You plonker

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66319 on: February 5, 2023, 07:41:28 pm »
Big let off for Arsenal there. City don’t look at it at all. They’ve been on the decline for twelve months now really. But Arsenal need to focus. Being outplayed by Everton yesterday was a massive surprise to me.