Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 149130 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Racism in Football
« Reply #720 on: November 21, 2019, 11:11:09 pm »
:duh :butt

Unreal. The current trend for victim blaming is odious in the extreme.

To be fair the ref had no choice,that being said the FA could and should've used it as a teaching moment and not banned him.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: November 22, 2019, 02:37:29 am »
I don't have a problem with the ban if it's for kicking the ball at spectators. That's an indiscriminate response that could hurt someone, possibly the wrong person. And even if you hit the abuser, you risk sparking a bigger melee and further injuries.

Now of course, it's not the player's fault, his reaction is perfectly understandable. But can authorities really be expected to condone certain violent acts because they're in response to abhorrent abuse? They have to consider the consequences. Cantona was abused by the Palace fan, should he have been let off? Precedent is everything.

Of course, this only works if the punishment for the abuser is much more severe. Life ban and 4-figure fine for the racist, 1 match ban and media sympathy for the player, sounds a fair deal. But on that count the Eastern European FAs have poor form.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #722 on: December 5, 2019, 11:34:25 am »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: December 5, 2019, 12:35:18 pm »
Is Italian culture really that backward? What’s wrong with them?

Mind boggling how blatant and unbothered they are with this it’s gone on all year.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: December 5, 2019, 12:45:44 pm »
Really!!??

Fucking hell.

http://www.skysports.com/share/11878637

Wow. What the fuck is wrong with people? Whoever wrote that, he really thought that's the most creative headlight he could come up with? c*nt.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: December 5, 2019, 03:39:18 pm »
fucking hell, bunch of racist animals. if they are doing this, then imagine what fans can do/are doing.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: December 7, 2019, 07:36:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/Luke10men/status/1203388343976894464

Two stewards standing in front of him doing fuck all. They need sacking too.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: December 8, 2019, 01:45:36 am »
Is Italian culture really that backward? What’s wrong with them?

Mind boggling how blatant and unbothered they are with this it’s gone on all year.

Steve Bannon setup a far-right academy in Italy, but was booted out. He obviously chose Italy for a reason. There’s some nefarious agents at play in Europe and the West, subverting democracies and poisoning public debate. It’s happening in the U.K. too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: December 8, 2019, 03:49:47 am »
Gladdened to see City sending out such a strong message so soon after the incident:

"The Club operates a zero tolerance policy regarding discrimination of any kind, and anyone found guilty of racial abuse will be banned from the club for life."

Also heartened to see Raheem Sterling advocating draconian punishments for clubs with racist fans:

Manchester City and England forward Raheem Sterling has said clubs should be given an automatic nine-point deduction and ordered to play three games behind closed doors if their supporters take part in racist behaviour.

I mean obvs the first one wouldn't apply to someone like, say, Bernardo Silva, and of course City themselves won't be volunteering a points deduction, but still, well played to both for such a public spirited stance.

I for one couldn't advocate them playing games behind closed doors for a first offence like this. That would just leave dozens of their real fans paying the price for a couple of idiots.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #729 on: December 8, 2019, 06:22:09 am »
Forest Green v Scunthorpe was halted due to racist abuse at one of the Scunthorpe players
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50611202
#Sausages

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: December 9, 2019, 03:32:39 pm »
So I read in Italy that the racism protocols are followed for "territorial discrimination" as well as chants about someone's ethnic origin.

They have loads of problems with northern teams against Napoli.

Imagine if they implemented that here? We would never be able to finish a game.

Just shows that, while we have a go at Italy quite rightly for the incidents over there, they are ahead of us in other areas.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: December 9, 2019, 07:49:09 pm »
I don't have a problem with the ban if it's for kicking the ball at spectators. That's an indiscriminate response that could hurt someone, possibly the wrong person. And even if you hit the abuser, you risk sparking a bigger melee and further injuries.

Now of course, it's not the player's fault, his reaction is perfectly understandable. But can authorities really be expected to condone certain violent acts because they're in response to abhorrent abuse? They have to consider the consequences. Cantona was abused by the Palace fan, should he have been let off? Precedent is everything.

Of course, this only works if the punishment for the abuser is much more severe. Life ban and 4-figure fine for the racist, 1 match ban and media sympathy for the player, sounds a fair deal. But on that count the Eastern European FAs have poor form.

Thanks for the chuckle...consequenes for ones actions...good one.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: December 9, 2019, 07:55:16 pm »
Steve Bannon setup a far-right academy in Italy, but was booted out. He obviously chose Italy for a reason. There’s some nefarious agents at play in Europe and the West, subverting democracies and poisoning public debate. It’s happening in the U.K. too.

Errr most of these ideologies were pushed by the  government and the royal family. It was under written by academia . The army allowed it in their ranks.The educational system still endorses it.

This country doesn't have much, yet could tout itself as the 5th richest until recently...How is this possible?

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: December 9, 2019, 08:02:22 pm »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #734 on: December 9, 2019, 08:03:16 pm »
I blame society
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: December 9, 2019, 08:03:48 pm »
If the authorities are serious, this individual will have to report to a police station on match days. Let's see...

The reason I popped today was to see if anyone else has noticed how media folk seem a little too keen on mentioning "how much money" Robbie Lyle makes from Arsenal fan TV? It's like there's a offence taken from the fact that he makes money from what he does....same business model as any other media content provider. They try and mask it under, "but they thrive from negativity". But hang on, those working in media know better than anyone negativity sells papers, generates clickbait etc...so why saltyness for Robbie? Yer nIted haven't been any great shakes recently, yet Goldbridge doesn't have the same sly jibes, or is Robbie being highlighted because he is more successful than the rest?
« Last Edit: December 9, 2019, 08:06:27 pm by Johns_Barn »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #736 on: December 9, 2019, 08:07:38 pm »
If the authorities are serious, this individual will have to report to a police station on match days. Let's see...

This is from the BBC report;

The teenager was ejected from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium during the Premier League match between the sides.

Burnley say they will contact the teenager and his family about an "enforced educational programme".

Both clubs are assisting the Metropolitan Police with their investigation.

"Burnley Football Club would like to reiterate its zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination of any kind," the club said.

I would think educating a stupid 13 year old is probably a reasonable approach compared to say a forty year old man.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: December 9, 2019, 08:16:16 pm »
"Burnley have confirmed that a 13-year-old supporter was ejected from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium following an alleged racist gesture towards Son Heung-min."

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: December 9, 2019, 08:19:44 pm »

The reason I popped today was to see if anyone else has noticed how media folk seem a little too keen on mentioning "how much money" Robbie Lyle makes from Arsenal fan TV? It's like there's a offence taken from the fact that he makes money from what he does....same business model as any other media content provider. They try and mask it under, "but they thrive from negativity". But hang on, those working in media know better than anyone negativity sells papers, generates clickbait etc...so why saltyness for Robbie? Yer nIted haven't been any great shakes recently, yet Goldbridge doesn't have the same sly jibes, or is Robbie being highlighted because he is more successful than the rest?
I have brought that up here once or twice, no one is arsed mate... I mean how dare he make money when Youtube are doing so badly

Sadly when a black guy does well for himself, he will get treated differently to a white guy (as you mentioned, Goldbridge)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: December 9, 2019, 08:24:41 pm »
This is from the BBC report;

The teenager was ejected from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium during the Premier League match between the sides.

Burnley say they will contact the teenager and his family about an "enforced educational programme".

Both clubs are assisting the Metropolitan Police with their investigation.

"Burnley Football Club would like to reiterate its zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination of any kind," the club said.

I would think educating a stupid 13 year old is probably a reasonable approach compared to say a forty year old man.

He comes from Burnley, the place that elected BNP councillors and is a Brexit backing knuckledragger infested shithole. Its great that the kid will get enforced education, but don't be surprised if it does not work.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #740 on: December 9, 2019, 08:33:02 pm »
He comes from Burnley, the place that elected BNP councillors and is a Brexit backing knuckledragger infested shithole. Its great that the kid will get enforced education, but don't be surprised if it does not work.

Theres now't like a good dose of generalised scatter gunning. Well played fella. The entire population of Burnely will be well chuffed with you. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: December 10, 2019, 09:10:34 am »
Theres now't like a good dose of generalised scatter gunning. Well played fella. The entire population of Burnely will be well chuffed with you. 

Yeah I was out of order with that. I'm just sick to death of this shite and the c*nts who continue to do it. I do know some people from Burnley, including a wonderful couple who foster children and I apologise to people like them. The racists can get to fuck though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #742 on: December 12, 2019, 05:54:42 pm »
Gladdened to see City sending out such a strong message so soon after the incident:

"The Club operates a zero tolerance policy regarding discrimination of any kind, and anyone found guilty of racial abuse will be banned from the club for life."

Also heartened to see Raheem Sterling advocating draconian punishments for clubs with racist fans:

Manchester City and England forward Raheem Sterling has said clubs should be given an automatic nine-point deduction and ordered to play three games behind closed doors if their supporters take part in racist behaviour.

I mean obvs the first one wouldn't apply to someone like, say, Bernardo Silva, and of course City themselves won't be volunteering a points deduction, but still, well played to both for such a public spirited stance.

I for one couldn't advocate them playing games behind closed doors for a first offence like this. That would just leave dozens of their real fans paying the price for a couple of idiots.

How is that going to work when, for example, some guy who's plunked down a ton of money on Leicester winning the league decides to hire a patsy or two to sit in the Kop and make racist gestures?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: December 23, 2019, 05:23:10 pm »
Will an Inquiry do any good? Do we just need action such a camera's focused on the crowd so the culprits are easily spotted, identified and punished?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: December 23, 2019, 05:35:48 pm »
Will an Inquiry do any good? Do we just need action such a camera's focused on the crowd so the culprits are easily spotted, identified and punished?

No an inquiry is a waste of time and money. Like you say, Football can deal with its own issues inside grounds by things like increased stewarding, use of cameras, employing undercover Police officers and as was said on Sky by Neville, by people nearby reporting the offenders.

The govt needs to put its own house in order and the wider society, in regards to racial hatred, before it starts looking at sport.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: December 23, 2019, 06:03:13 pm »

The govt needs to put its own house in order and the wider society, in regards to racial hatred, before it starts looking at sport.

Exactly, this isn’t, a football problem it’s a society problem brought out into the open by Brexit and the rhetoric of the current government.

I
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #746 on: December 23, 2019, 06:19:17 pm »
There's simply too many Bulgarians in the stands. Brexit can't come soon enough so we can send them all home. Problem solved.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: December 23, 2019, 07:15:04 pm »
Fair play to the Chelsea fans who called out one of their own for racially abusing Son. That’s what we need - decent fans standing up against racism.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: December 23, 2019, 07:23:53 pm »
Fair play to the Chelsea fans who called out one of their own for racially abusing Son. That’s what we need - decent fans standing up against racism.

Good to see. If this happened with every racial abuse incident, we can quickly get this crap eradicated from inside the grounds.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #749 on: December 23, 2019, 07:24:52 pm »
Full marks to Gary Neville too.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: December 23, 2019, 07:31:53 pm »
Full marks to Gary Neville too.

Spoke very well. I was shocked though when he stated the Kick it Out and Say No to Racism campaigns are nothing but lip service and Ashley Cole backing him up on that.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #751 on: December 23, 2019, 07:41:11 pm »
Full discussion those who haven't seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEpG5JNWCWI
#Sausages

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: December 23, 2019, 08:26:13 pm »

That should be the minimum standard. If you’re sitting a football match with your kids, mates, partner or parent and you see this sort of behaviour call it out. Get the officials to remove them immediately and have them banned. It takes one person to start racist abuse and one more to stop it.

What you walk by, is what you accept.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: December 24, 2019, 12:17:34 am »
No an inquiry is a waste of time and money. Like you say, Football can deal with its own issues inside grounds by things like increased stewarding, use of cameras, employing undercover Police officers and as was said on Sky by Neville, by people nearby reporting the offenders.

The govt uses dogwhistle racism to get the votes of racists, bigots and the far right. Don’t think we can count on them.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #754 on: December 24, 2019, 01:19:13 am »
There's no reason to stop the match.

Every seat near the field should be in camera.  Video crowd surveillance can identify these characters and a steward and bobbie(s) go and arrest the fucker(s) with the match in progress. It'll soon stop. Cheaply.

Bad behavior, seat location and clothing can be reported anonymously by phone to stadium staff.
Kill the humourless

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: December 24, 2019, 01:50:49 am »
Sorry to be flippant, but now I've got a mental image of Bobby doing a no-look arrest.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #756 on: December 24, 2019, 09:14:40 am »
Good on them for exhaustively investigating the incident. No place in society and no place in football.

Perhaps the incident also highlighted how far behind are football fans against other sports. You don’t hear racial abuse in rugby which is played by a number of different races. Neither will you hear these in basketball, hockey, swimming, gymnastics, tennis, squash, badminton that also has BAME players.

Football fans really need to be doing more. It is a taint on our sport.

This incident also highlight why I am really proud to be a Liverpool supporter where we embraced people of all background.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #757 on: December 24, 2019, 09:29:03 am »
I don't understand why fans think its acceptable to shout racist remarks to other human's at a football match. I used to blame it on the drink . one to many shandy's and some fans think its okay to shout and say what they want. Its horrible I mind going to a local game a few seasons ago Hibs v Hamilton ( my Scottish team hearts ) and a hibs fan beside me with a couple mates - their team has 7 blacks in it there team is full of them.

I was that horrified I actually moved seats and reported the man. I was at the game with one of my friends who was a season ticket holder who advised me that the group of men are at it all the time.

Horrible we are going into 2020 and racism is still in football

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: December 24, 2019, 09:32:50 am »
Good on them for exhaustively investigating the incident. No place in society and no place in football.

Perhaps the incident also highlighted how far behind are football fans against other sports. You don’t hear racial abuse in rugby which is played by a number of different races. Neither will you hear these in basketball, hockey, swimming, gymnastics, tennis, squash, badminton that also has BAME players.

Football fans really need to be doing more. It is a taint on our sport.

This incident also highlight why I am really proud to be a Liverpool supporter where we embraced people of all background.

You'll probably find that there are just as many racists follow those sports as follow football, but these places don't offer the ability to hide that a 40,000 football crowd does. It also has to be remembered that this is a very small minority, twatter for example is far afr worse with racist abuse directed at players.

I've also noticed that most of the ones I've seen pictured in grounds are from my generation or the one that followed, where racist abuse was rife in every ground - there was a lot of racist abuse of Black players when I started going on the Kop in about 1980 and it seems like they think that with the rise of racism in the media and in politics that it is OK to air their vile views in the grounds again. They need reminding that this shit has no place in our society.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan