Poll

What are your plans for the 21/22 season?

Return to 100% games like normal
98 (45%)
Return to 100% games like normal (with mask)
39 (17.9%)
Return to less games than usual
7 (3.2%)
Return to less games than usual (with mask)
13 (6%)
Home only games (no aways)
17 (7.8%)
Undecided - wait and see
18 (8.3%)
Taking the season out
7 (3.2%)
I don't go to the match but like voting in polls
10 (4.6%)
Swerving the pub pre/post-match
9 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: 21/22: return to full capacity - your plans?  (Read 15870 times)

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 21/22: return to full capacity - your plans?
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2021, 12:04:10 pm »
With so much of the population vaccinated when do people think restrictions can really end COVID isnt going away so what position do we have to be in to have full crowds

Only 50% of the population is fully vaccinated (that is including children) no where near to let us run wild and free.

Yes we we are seeing less of those test positive needing hosiptalisation but that number is climbing quickly, surely sensible to say 75% of people being fully vaccinated before lifting all restrictions?

Hopefully they all will be fully vaccinated by then but I don't get my second till the after the season has started and then it will take a week or two to kick in.

At some point you acceptable to live with it, but in my opinnion it is not now.  Remember these decisions are being made by politicials that seem to be ignoring the science because someone behind them that is more powerful than those in charge doesn't like it.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2021, 12:38:53 pm »
Only 50% of the population is fully vaccinated (that is including children) no where near to let us run wild and free.

Yes we we are seeing less of those test positive needing hosiptalisation but that number is climbing quickly, surely sensible to say 75% of people being fully vaccinated before lifting all restrictions?

Hopefully they all will be fully vaccinated by then but I don't get my second till the after the season has started and then it will take a week or two to kick in.

At some point you acceptable to live with it, but in my opinnion it is not now.  Remember these decisions are being made by politicials that seem to be ignoring the science because someone behind them that is more powerful than those in charge doesn't like it.

Appreciate this doesnt contradict anything you've said but 68% of adsltss are double jabbed and rising , that will include nearly all the vulnerable who are chosing to get vaccinated
Do we plan on vaccinating kids?
If the vaccine isnt the end game what is
How many people need the vaccine before life is normal?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2021, 01:08:46 pm »
With so much of the population vaccinated when do people think restrictions can really end COVID isnt going away so what position do we have to be in to have full crowds

There will be nigh on full grounds across the country for the first few games, but in my personal opinion it won't be many games into the season before that changes

The scientist who did the modelling for the data for lockdown 1 says 200,000 cases a day and 2000 per day Hospitalisations before the end of August, so don't see the buffoons running the country being able to do anything but roll back to where we were before today

Astra Zeneca is 61% effective after 2 doses at preventing catching it, so hardly a magic bullet, yes they won't be as severe a symptom, but there will be an increase in hospitalisations

Just don't see where the end point of any of this

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2021, 01:08:59 pm »

probably less than 20% of the equivalent population receive a flu jab every year - that hasn't stopped us 'running wild and free' for years - I'm not saying Covid is just like flu but in the population that go to the match the risk of serious illness from Covid is tiny ( as it is with flu) and those most vulnerable will have been double jabbed.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2021, 01:18:20 pm »

Just don't see where the end point of any of this

and thats the crux of the issue. Restrictions cant last forever so whats required to get to the end if its not a vacccine
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2021, 01:55:19 pm »
and thats the crux of the issue. Restrictions cant last forever so whats required to get to the end if its not a vacccine

Exactly, I and I don't think anybody does. But at present it's running riot and they should have delayed

'Data not dates' my arse

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2021, 01:58:25 pm »
Exactly, I and I don't think anybody does. But at present it's running riot and they should have delayed

'Data not dates' my arse

Tied in well with the parliament summer break too  :-X

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2021, 02:09:36 pm »
Tied in well with the parliament summer break too  :-X

Somebody said they've run out of lateral flow tests now

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried

Then you have to pay for them, come end of August

Only way they can keep the figures under control, less lateral flow tests, means less PCR tests, so less cases and then the only ones in the figures are the ones with symptoms

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2021, 02:15:35 pm »
probably less than 20% of the equivalent population receive a flu jab every year - that hasn't stopped us 'running wild and free' for years - I'm not saying Covid is just like flu but in the population that go to the match the risk of serious illness from Covid is tiny ( as it is with flu) and those most vulnerable will have been double jabbed.

Comparing apples and oranges, the vaccine has done wonders to get out of this but atm the rising case tends to be among the younger generations, who can still then pass it on someone older and kill them.  you need a siginificant proportion of the population to vaccinated to make it manageble....we are not there yet but will be hopefully soon.  Although with the younger population catching and spreading the virus will mean covid vaccinations missed, hence the need to keep restrictions for a little while longer.

Other than clubbing you can do near enough everything else if you choice too and the only minor change is wearing a face covering.  Not really a hardship is it?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2021, 02:33:31 pm »
Comparing apples and oranges, the vaccine has done wonders to get out of this but atm the rising case tends to be among the younger generations, who can still then pass it on someone older and kill them.  you need a siginificant proportion of the population to vaccinated to make it manageble....we are not there yet but will be hopefully soon.  Although with the younger population catching and spreading the virus will mean covid vaccinations missed, hence the need to keep restrictions for a little while longer.

Other than clubbing you can do near enough everything else if you choice too and the only minor change is wearing a face covering.  Not really a hardship is it?

This is about being able to go  the match or not though

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2021, 02:41:00 pm »
This is about being able to go  the match or not though

Which they are allowing to do so...but not at full capacity.

And if restrictions were not lifted and we had a few more months of them, full capacity and end of all restriction was very likely with the vaccination programme but now we could end up with significantly reduced capacity come september.

Not as if we have seen similar trends in the other 3 waves we experience in the UK.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2021, 02:44:32 pm »
Which they are allowing to do so...but not at full capacity.

And if restrictions were not lifted and we had a few more months of them, full capacity and end of all restriction was very likely with the vaccination programme but now we could end up with significantly reduced capacity come september.

Not as if we have seen similar trends in the other 3 waves we experience in the UK.

Spot on, be surprised if it's full capacity when season starts and unless they get a grip then it will be back to empty or minimal crowds come October for me

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2021, 02:54:17 pm »
Spot on, be surprised if it's full capacity when season starts and unless they get a grip then it will be back to empty or minimal crowds come October for me
Tend to agree - maybe these two friendlies at 75% will be like test events. But, like someone else said (Chris ?) I think PL clubs should be leading by example here, despite what gov't says, by keeping the protocols we had in place for the limited capacity games like Palace and the other games  eg. health declaration, mask wearing, vaccinated etc.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2021, 03:03:34 pm »
Which they are allowing to do so...but not at full capacity

And if restrictions were not lifted and we had a few more months of them, full capacity and end of all restriction was very likely with the vaccination programme but now we could end up with significantly reduced capacity come september

which is the point Im discussing - if we cant get full or near full capacity with the vaccine, then when, life cant go on like this

« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:05:51 pm by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2021, 05:45:54 pm »
which is the point Im discussing - if we cant get full or near full capacity with the vaccine, then when, life cant go on like this

I think we need to get more in place myself, some kind of passport system. If I was going though, I'd be more worried on the train than at the match. Which might be a good argument to keep it local until we know more. It's being reported now that hospitals in the North West are struggling again. Maybe a bubble system for away's.

But none of that matters. Boris is going gung ho. So we'll just get back to normal and hope for the best.

Hopefully Liverpool will take some precautions after the SOS consultation.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2021, 05:56:09 pm »
Boris just announced that "large events" will need entry using a covid passport showing double jabs from end Sept. Presume this kncludes football.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2021, 06:24:46 pm »
How many of our own supporters travel just as far to a game as the away fans? Must be in the thousands?  If they do that, I can see them restricting it to local fans only

very true (that would include me) :D. I wouldn't be against skipping the season or parts of the season if there were localised flare-ups. Although I'd say I'm probably in the lowest risk category anyway in terms of exposure to people (I barely leave home atm...!)
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2021, 06:29:36 pm »

Appreciate this doesnt contradict anything you've said but 68% of adsltss are double jabbed and rising , that will include nearly all the vulnerable who are chosing to get vaccinated
Do we plan on vaccinating kids?
If the vaccine isnt the end game what is
How many people need the vaccine before life is normal?

sorry to be a doomer but there's no real 'normal' until the world is vaccinated. we'll probably be in limbo until then imo unless (a) this government gets a lot better at literally everything (unlikely); (b) we get lucky with a variant that just somehow dies off; or (c) we seal off airports properly to future variants that might scupper our herd immunity. There's a real risk that going 'normal' too quick without any mitigation (masks etc) will set us back imo.

That said, I feel like we might be OK once this peak gets past us as there'll be a pretty sizeable immunity from vaccines and natural antibodies from exposure for quite a few months.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 06:35:09 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2021, 01:22:45 am »
if we cant get full or near full capacity with the vaccine, then when, life cant go on like this

Unfortunately about 3 million younger age adults have still not taken up a first jab.  Long covid is a very nasty illness - lung scarring, brain impairment, kidney damage for many with likely life long effect.  It seems that about 30% of those who get ill develop long covid. It would really help us all take step back to normality if those 3 million got their jabs. 
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2021, 10:55:17 am »

The problem is we have a significant minority in this country who want to have zero restrictions but who also don’t think it’s their responsibility to have the vaccine. The only way we can permanently have no restrictions is if all adults (and probably all secondary age kids) have the vaccine. For as long as they don’t, the virus will continue to be transmitted and mutate. It’s a simple matter of maths and science. The virus doesn’t listen to Facebook conspiracies or GB News.

I disagree with the government on most things but some form of certification is likely the only way to get people to do the right thing and get us to a point where we can safely have full stadiums, full pubs, full shops etc in a way that is sustainable.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2021, 11:06:15 am »
The problem is we have a significant minority in this country who want to have zero restrictions but who also don’t think it’s their responsibility to have the vaccine. The only way we can permanently have no restrictions is if all adults (and probably all secondary age kids) have the vaccine. For as long as they don’t, the virus will continue to be transmitted and mutate. It’s a simple matter of maths and science. The virus doesn’t listen to Facebook conspiracies or GB News.

I disagree with the government on most things but some form of certification is likely the only way to get people to do the right thing and get us to a point where we can safely have full stadiums, full pubs, full shops etc in a way that is sustainable.

And the same ones then blame the gov for the case rates being high

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2021, 11:19:43 am »
As people have already eluded to, full normality involves the rest of the world vaccinating a sizeable amount of the population, such that we can go to euro aways, they can come here to anfield etc. That's a while off yet probably another year at the earliest. We can have domestic vaccine passports which allow us freedoms in the UK, but for most other countries us being back to normal but having 50-200k cases a day when they have not vaccinated enough means we are excluded or have to quarantine despite being fully jabbed

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2021, 09:43:36 am »

You're right, but us double jabbed people can still carry the virus, although lower viral load. People get complacent and some people may live with people who've chosen to not take the vaccine or aren't able to to further spread to. It makes a lot more sense to be expecting a test to be done on the same day, imo.
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2021, 10:13:22 am »
I'm sorry but you can't legislate for people who 'choose not to take the vaccine'

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2021, 10:22:54 am »
I'm sorry but you can't legislate for people who 'choose not to take the vaccine'

yes you can, by expecting lateral flow tests to be taken.

people seem to be in a false sense of security with double jabs.
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2021, 10:31:15 am »

And why should the gov (the tax payers) fund that so people can go to events? Cost should be added to the ticket price

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2021, 10:47:31 am »

False sense of security?

Not really. Just look at the figures.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2021, 01:33:40 pm »
And why should the gov (the tax payers) fund that so people can go to events? Cost should be added to the ticket price

?

how is that a relevant counterpoint? lol. we literally have LRTs and are encouraged to make use of them, especially when 'exposed' to more people, whether at work or at weddings or whatever.

being double jabbed doesn't stop us spreading - and with an event as large as a football match where people go to pubs, restaurants and public transport, it makes far more sense to test over just arbitrarily requiring double vaccinations. I have both jabs - and will still be testing before and after. I would be surprised if others in this thread don't voluntarily choose to also.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 01:37:59 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2021, 01:34:20 pm »
False sense of security?

Not really. Just look at the figures.

you seem to be assuming people go to the football and return home immediately in a closed bubble, they don't. we also have immunocompromised people in our fanbase who may choose to still return despite either being unable to take a vaccine or with lesser antibodies. not to mention service workers and beyond that you'll be in contact with.

as a double jabbed person I will still be doing LRTs before and a few days after games.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 01:39:42 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2021, 04:20:05 pm »
?

how is that a relevant counterpoint? lol. we literally have LRTs and are encouraged to make use of them, especially when 'exposed' to more people, whether at work or at weddings or whatever.

being double jabbed doesn't stop us spreading - and with an event as large as a football match where people go to pubs, restaurants and public transport, it makes far more sense to test over just arbitrarily requiring double vaccinations. I have both jabs - and will still be testing before and after. I would be surprised if others in this thread don't voluntarily choose to also.

What im saying is from a long term solution, if people want to have tests instead of a job, or in some cases both, then why should the tests be free to the public when they're choose to do something. You have to pay for the ones when you go abroad, so the same principle should apply to events like this IMO

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2021, 08:14:34 pm »

Because the govt are ready to spend millions on a literal yacht

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2021, 08:16:58 pm »
?

I will be

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2021, 11:00:32 am »
What im saying is from a long term solution, if people want to have tests instead of a job, or in some cases both, then why should the tests be free to the public when they're choose to do something. You have to pay for the ones when you go abroad, so the same principle should apply to events like this IMO

you're not travelling to a new country that may not be as well prepared or have exposure to a certain variant. it's not the same as an event in your own country, albeit there'll be a time when I'm sure they'll ditch free testing.

but whilst we have the tools available for free, your argument is moot.
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2021, 12:11:45 pm »
but whilst we have the tools available for free, your argument is moot.

It's not free, there's a cost to it... It's just currently free to you as an individual

Should pay for the tests ourselves if we want them for large events and save the 'free' and (nothings free someone pays for it..) tests for people who really need them

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2021, 06:26:26 pm »
It's not free, there's a cost to it... It's just currently free to you as an individual

Should pay for the tests ourselves if we want them for large events and save the 'free' and (nothings free someone pays for it..) tests for people who really need them

they have been pissing away money on the most pointless things but a valid mitigation measure is where you seem to have taken an issue with?
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2021, 07:19:01 pm »
they have been pissing away money on the most pointless things but a valid mitigation measure is where you seem to have taken an issue with?

I just dont see why people feel entitled to free tests to go to events when they're refusing a vaccine

By all means allow a test as a method of entry, but dont make it free for them

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2021, 07:05:16 am »
Getting in early. Anyone any ideas on pint prices inside the kop these days?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2021, 07:07:53 am »

Too much... :D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2021, 10:28:40 am »

Straws under masks