Author Topic: Be Honest, would you sit here?  (Read 87456 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Be Honest, would you sit here?
« on: November 7, 2016, 12:08:25 am »
Me, not a hope in hell. Legs would give way i think.  :o

Feel free to add more Pics like this asking the same question.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2017, 11:28:18 pm by Irish Love Muffin »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Be Honest, would you sit here?
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2016, 12:25:11 am »
Bricking it just looking at that picture, kinell.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2016, 12:38:52 am »

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2016, 12:45:49 am »
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables
Love sitting here. The view's great!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 7, 2016, 02:35:37 am »
My feet are sweating just from looking at the picture. No fucking way. I hate heights [but I love flying, weird]

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 7, 2016, 02:53:04 am »
Fuck that, no chance!
choose Life.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #6 on: November 7, 2016, 06:48:57 am »
It'd be a spectacular view for sure, so I do quite enjoy the feeling of being at those tremendous heights when I know I'm not just a random strong gust and a few seconds away from splatting. It's the lack of any safety net if something does go funny; I wouldn't trust myself, let alone the stability and purchase of the rocks beneath my feet.

I think those people have the attitude of "if I fall, I fall", rather than arrogantly ruling out the possibility. Fair play to them I say.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7 on: November 7, 2016, 06:52:07 am »
Cremnophobia...

The fear of precipices.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 7, 2016, 08:03:35 am »
Definitely not. I'd try so hard not to fall, I'd panic and fall.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2016, 08:21:07 am »
Hahaha, get to fuck. I reckon if someone offered me a million pounds to sit there I'd still tell them no chance in hell.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2016, 08:30:36 am »
No chance I don't like heights - this is one from a ride at the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas.

Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 7, 2016, 08:59:19 am »
With a rope, maybe... She must be a boss climber to get there.

There is the possibility that it is just a cleverly shot picture, could be rock just under that outcrop.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12 on: November 7, 2016, 09:43:43 am »

There is the possibility that it is just a cleverly shot picture, could be rock just under that outcrop.

That's what I was thinking,  I'm sure I've seen similar illusions like that before.

Not quite the same but I've been to King's Canyon in the red centre of Australia.  There's a huge canyon (funnily enough) where the guide encouraged you to crawl towards the edge so as not to lose your balance and it makes for a good photo opportunity.  Even then I don't think I got within a few feet of the edge. I think a British tourist did fall off it a few years back.

Lightening the mood on a Monday!

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 7, 2016, 09:47:31 am »
As my old priest once said, "FUCK THAT FOR A GAME OF SOLDIERS!!!"
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #14 on: November 7, 2016, 09:49:18 am »
this is in Norway known as Troll Tongue

a poor girl did fall off last year. you just have to wonder how it does not happen more often

and there is no illusion to this one. huge drop below

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #15 on: November 7, 2016, 10:10:53 am »
I can't stand heights.  also if i lean over a low rail i have the feeling of wanting to fall.  Been up Malham cove a few times but you'll never get me right to the edge.  However i'd have no problem walking on those glass/perspex walkways that you can see straight down.  The one below would be interesting because if that railing is about chest height or just below i'd be fine. 

« Last Edit: November 7, 2016, 10:14:19 am by Ziltoid »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #16 on: November 7, 2016, 10:13:33 am »
Wtf is wrong with people, no way on earth I'm ever doing anything like that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #17 on: November 7, 2016, 10:23:10 am »
I can't stand heights.  also if i lean over a low rail i have the feeling of wanting to fall.  Been up Malham cove a few times but you'll never get me right to the edge.  However i'd have no problem walking on those glass/perspex walkways that you can see straight down.  The one below would be interesting because if that railing is about chest height or just below i'd be fine. 

You sure? That one has history...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/08/dont-look-down-officials-close-chinese-glass-skywalk-pane-shatters

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18 on: November 7, 2016, 10:42:36 am »
Nah not for me.

Its all about how safe you feel & i doubt a harness would help me feel any better there too!

Took a trip up Blackpool tower a few years ago & saw what i thought were daft fuckers jumping up & down on the glass floor..like trying to break it jumping.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 7, 2016, 10:44:46 am »
Makes me feel sick just looking at that first picture to be honest

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 7, 2016, 10:52:36 am »
Honestly, I think I would. I've sat on similar before, always love the pretty sweet natural buzz you get out of it. It would depend how steep the climb down to it was though and I'd be crawling on all fours to the edge.

As for base-jumping or any of that, no way. Even a bungee I'd pass on.

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #21 on: November 7, 2016, 10:59:21 am »
When I was young, then yes no problem. Now I am older, not a hope in hell.

We used to 'brick' chimneys back in the day. When explosives were not to be used. Just me and the gaffer on top of the chimney, each with a mattock. No harnesses or anything. We'd be lifted up by standing on the chains from the crane. We'd work our way round in circles, until it was low enough for the wrecker ball.

These days I am more risk averse and more importantly risk aware. So no. I wouldnt.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 7, 2016, 11:06:44 am »
No, not now, not ever.
No bungee jumping, parachuting or anything similar either.

Fuck heights and 'living the life to the fullest'.
I'm quite happy here on the ground with a cup of coffee and a book.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23 on: November 7, 2016, 11:27:45 am »
I'm fine with heights if I'm in a tall building and looking out of a window or on a viewing platform. My legs do get wobbly if I think I could fall off though!  Anyone been up the Sagrada Familia in Barca? Something like that where you can lean over the walkways between the towers made me really queasy!

I have done a bungee when in NZ bit have no urge to so another and was frankly terrified by it at the time!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #24 on: November 7, 2016, 11:41:58 am »
Oh hell no!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #25 on: November 7, 2016, 11:48:56 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/scFlz0HbXTY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/scFlz0HbXTY</a>
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26 on: November 7, 2016, 11:50:34 am »
I'm fine with heights if I'm in a tall building and looking out of a window or on a viewing platform. My legs do get wobbly if I think I could fall off though!  Anyone been up the Sagrada Familia in Barca? Something like that where you can lean over the walkways between the towers made me really queasy!

I have done a bungee when in NZ bit have no urge to so another and was frankly terrified by it at the time!

The Sagrada Familia is probably the worst building I've climbed. I have a pic of me on one of the little walkways looking absolutely terrified! I went up years ago so I don't know if it's the same but you went up like little workmen's ladders for part of it. At one point I decided I wanted to turn back, not realising it's all one way and you have to keep going. Some of it is proper scary if you don't like heights - it's the stairs with gaps between that are the worst. And the little walkways between the towers as you say. Been back to Barca a few times since and always go to look at it but have no urge to climb it again!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27 on: November 7, 2016, 11:57:38 am »
The Sagrada Familia is probably the worst building I've climbed. I have a pic of me on one of the little walkways looking absolutely terrified! I went up years ago so I don't know if it's the same but you went up like little workmen's ladders for part of it. At one point I decided I wanted to turn back, not realising it's all one way and you have to keep going. Some of it is proper scary if you don't like heights - it's the stairs with gaps between that are the worst. And the little walkways between the towers as you say. Been back to Barca a few times since and always go to look at it but have no urge to climb it again!

I don't recall ladders thankfully,  just loads of spiral staircases which were pretty much single file with a few 'passing lane's where you had to squeeze into if someone was coming down at the same time you were going up.

Anywhere you can lean over and see the floor miles below gets me these days.  Did a treetop walk in Kew Gardens last summer.  The kids were charging around it like they were in the Ewok Village and I was doddering along behind them,  holding on to the railing the whole way and looking outwards rather than downwards! The thing was built with a metal gauze too so if you looked straight down you could see through to the floor below.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #29 on: November 7, 2016, 01:18:47 pm »

Where theres blame, theres a claim

Not in China. Where there's blame, there's an execution.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: November 7, 2016, 04:40:49 pm »
Nah. One gust of wind or slip and you're a goner.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32 on: November 7, 2016, 04:41:56 pm »
Did rock climbing for ages. There were definitely places where you could sit on the edge of a ravine. Never seemed like a good idea at the time.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: November 7, 2016, 04:43:41 pm »
I feel sick looking at some of those

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #34 on: November 7, 2016, 04:46:54 pm »
This vid always gets me,you have to watch it thro to get the full hit.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/INbKYq0G9nU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/INbKYq0G9nU</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #35 on: November 7, 2016, 04:50:11 pm »
Sweaty palms.

I have seen loads of people sat on the edge or on overhangs at The Grand Canyon and it makes me flustered just thinking about it.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #36 on: November 7, 2016, 05:02:22 pm »

And yet you ride a bike down mountains at ridiculous speeds...reliant upon millimetres of rubber to keep you upright...

As to doing that..not now, when I was a kid, yeah.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 7, 2016, 06:54:01 pm »
On that first pic I've a question . . . How on earth would she be able to get up and walk back after she's enjoyed the view? If she even attempted to turn around she's a goner.

So no I wouldn't sit on there not a fucking chance!

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 7, 2016, 07:28:51 pm »
Better than the back of the Annie road.
No time for caution.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #39 on: November 7, 2016, 08:10:49 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/scFlz0HbXTY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/scFlz0HbXTY</a>

That stupid c*nt really needs to hurry up and fall. Fucking idiot.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.