Author Topic: RAWK Flags/Banners/Surfer - Volunteers needed for Everton & West Brom  (Read 51233 times)

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: RAWK Flags/Banners/Surfer - Volunteers needed for Everton & West Brom
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2017, 02:06:17 pm »
Bump.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2017, 02:32:09 pm »
Sorry to jump in but which flags are Rawks and which surfer?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2017, 02:48:53 pm »
Sorry to jump in but which flags are Rawks and which surfer?

pictures of surfer post 7 on previous page

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2017, 01:29:47 pm »
Bump.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2017, 01:03:59 pm »
pictures of surfer post 7 on previous page

Oh the unlucky one

Should bin that and the massive stinking one off

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2017, 07:23:10 pm »
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:12 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2017, 07:58:14 pm »
Oh the unlucky one

Should bin that and the massive stinking one off

Have I missed something??

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2017, 08:42:11 pm »
Had a right mare with it yesterday but it seemed to work out not too bad in the end. When we got there we got asked by the stewards to take it from right to left instead of left to right. There was a bit of panic about whether the flag would end up smothering a few cockneys and we'd get it back with more holes than The Ev's back line. We managed to sort it out though and it didn't get too close to the away end for it to be an issue.

The wind was the worst problem. It got right underneath it and holding onto it was an ordeal. Kept thinking I was gonna end up in the Upper Annie. The only way that I can think to make this easier is to have an extra couple people on hand to help ease the workload.

With that in mind we need to try and get some volunteers ready for the Derby. It can't just be my mates and Chris that's doing it all the time cos I know a few of them are gonna be missing games in the future. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

As always if anyone wants to help out then just drop me a PM  :thumbup

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2017, 09:41:23 pm »
What's the deal with people getting to their seats after? I know a couple of lads going to the derby but they're in Upper Main. If it won't be an issue I can give them a shout.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2017, 09:56:35 pm »
What's the deal with people getting to their seats after? I know a couple of lads going to the derby but they're in Upper Main. If it won't be an issue I can give them a shout.

We all meet up at the corner of The Kop by the other flags and then get taken back to The Kop through the Kemlyn once it's done. I reckon we could easily sort out folks in the Lower Kemlyn, The Kop and obviously the Annie Road getting back but im not sure if the Main Stand would work, paticularly if it's the Upper.

I can email Vaughan the safety officer to check for ya if you want though man 👍

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2017, 10:35:21 pm »
We all meet up at the corner of The Kop by the other flags and then get taken back to The Kop through the Kemlyn once it's done. I reckon we could easily sort out folks in the Lower Kemlyn, The Kop and obviously the Annie Road getting back but im not sure if the Main Stand would work, paticularly if it's the Upper.

I can email Vaughan the safety officer to check for ya if you want though man 👍

Just sent them a WhatsApp to see if they want to help out. Will let you know once they get back to me  :wave

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2017, 10:36:07 pm »
Just sent them a WhatsApp to see if they want to help out. Will let you know once they get back to me  :wave

Cheers lad!  :thumbup

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
https://youtu.be/pr_OMWNn8jk you can see it from underneath at the start of this lads video

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2017, 06:02:34 pm »
Have I missed something??
Don't know?
There was one like that which was brought out for a few CL games around 09 ish and we always lost!

And the other huge surfer on the Kop is horrific and needs binning off

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2017, 06:21:40 pm »
Don't know?
There was one like that which was brought out for a few CL games around 09 ish and we always lost!

And the other huge surfer on the Kop is horrific and needs binning off

That wasn't to do with the flag. We were shite after 08/09

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #296 on: November 28, 2017, 11:44:37 pm »

Two wins and a draw so far mate. Obviously they should have tried it in The Annie  ;).

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2017, 08:52:14 am »
Two wins and a draw so far mate. Obviously they should have tried it in The Annie  ;).
So this is new flag with the dodgy liver bird then? Sound

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2017, 09:46:35 am »
So this is new flag with the dodgy liver bird then? Sound

Nah man it's the exact same flag, it was saved by DudleyRed from the HJC shop. He got it retreated and sorted with Vaughan (safety officer at the club) to have it become a permanent fixture in the Annie Road.  :thumbup

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2017, 10:19:16 am »
Nah man it's the exact same flag, it was saved by DudleyRed from the HJC shop. He got it retreated and sorted with Vaughan (safety officer at the club) to have it become a permanent fixture in the Annie Road.  :thumbup
Great stuff. As long as it doesn't expand like the atrocity in the kop

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2017, 12:37:38 pm »
Great stuff. As long as it doesn't expand like the atrocity in the kop

cheer up mate. Whatever your thoughts are on one particular flag or another, without them, the club would lose another bit of its sole and there would be even less atmosphere.

Flags, banners and surfers are integral to the history of Anfield and thanks to the efforts of people like Jon (Smurfite) and many others at the ground we are seeing that continue.

I'd hate to see a day at Anfield with no flags etc. People may not like them personally but respect the effort people put in to get them on show and used at the ground. Its a thankless task which also results in the individuals missing a couple of minutes of each match

On this note - Anyone else want to stick their hand up to help Jon with the Annie Road surfer for any games but Everton in the first instance. Even if its only one game you can help with it would be hugely appreciated

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2017, 01:24:26 pm »
With that in mind we need to try and get some volunteers ready for the Derby. It can't just be my mates and Chris that's doing it all the time cos I know a few of them are gonna be missing games in the future. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

What about the Spartak game on the 6th?

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #302 on: November 29, 2017, 01:59:34 pm »
What about the Spartak game on the 6th?

Fucks sake thats right...  :duh

Volunteers for Spartak lads!

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 29, 2017, 02:41:51 pm »
cheer up mate. Whatever your thoughts are on one particular flag or another, without them, the club would lose another bit of its sole and there would be even less atmosphere.

Flags, banners and surfers are integral to the history of Anfield and thanks to the efforts of people like Jon (Smurfite) and many others at the ground we are seeing that continue.

I'd hate to see a day at Anfield with no flags etc. People may not like them personally but respect the effort people put in to get them on show and used at the ground. Its a thankless task which also results in the individuals missing a couple of minutes of each match

On this note - Anyone else want to stick their hand up to help Jon with the Annie Road surfer for any games but Everton in the first instance. Even if its only one game you can help with it would be hugely appreciated

You don't need to lecture me pal. I've done my fair share of the banners over the years and I'm perfectly aware their importance.

The giant surfer is counterproductive to all the brilliant flags with poles that we have and looks a bit stupid with all the shite sown on. And it stinks. None of this is having a go at you mind. Keep up the good work.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 29, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »
You don't need to lecture me pal. I've done my fair share of the banners over the years and I'm perfectly aware their importance.

The giant surfer is counterproductive to all the brilliant flags with poles that we have and looks a bit stupid with all the shite sown on. And it stinks. None of this is having a go at you mind. Keep up the good work.

fair play mate. for every one of you who knows the effort involved there's 100 who don't realise and think its just a case of turning up to the ground and the flags etc are there.

Just like to make sure people realise its not a simple gig

:wave

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: November 29, 2017, 03:00:43 pm »
Fucks sake thats right...  :duh

Volunteers for Spartak lads!

haha was a good call - forgotten all about the game!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 2, 2017, 10:57:14 am »
Cheers lad!  :thumbup

That's a no go mate. He's going with his missus and she's not up for either standing holding the banner or sitting up in the stand waiting on him  ;D

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #307 on: December 8, 2017, 01:03:42 pm »
Hey guys seemed to go well against Spartak. Had a couple of my mates who couldn't help cos they had to meet someone for a ticket so we were really barebones. Still it seemed to go alright from what I could tell. Anyone else got any thoughts on how it went or how we could improve (it's hard to tell from right under :P )

to be honest though we could really do with more folks helping out with this. Struggled for numbers for Spartak and only just managed to have enough. Could really do with some of you lads helping out or there will be a few games that we might have to leave the flag for.

That said do we have any volunteers for the derby or any future game after that? In the original post we had Hoppy and OllieToner volunteering, are you guys still up for doing it? Let me know  :)

Cheers lads  :thumbup

Offline OllieToner

• Kemlynite
« Reply #308 on: December 8, 2017, 01:14:16 pm »
Still happy to help, what time would you need me in? I'm Annie lower for this one anyway

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #309 on: December 8, 2017, 01:20:00 pm »
Still happy to help, what time would you need me in? I'm Annie lower for this one anyway

DM us your number and i'll add you into our whatsapp group mate. we sort out the timings and that on there cos it changes depending on the match. Cheers lad! :thumbup

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #310 on: December 8, 2017, 02:28:33 pm »
Hey guys seemed to go well against Spartak. Had a couple of my mates who couldn't help cos they had to meet someone for a ticket so we were really barebones. Still it seemed to go alright from what I could tell. Anyone else got any thoughts on how it went or how we could improve (it's hard to tell from right under :P )

to be honest though we could really do with more folks helping out with this. Struggled for numbers for Spartak and only just managed to have enough. Could really do with some of you lads helping out or there will be a few games that we might have to leave the flag for.

That said do we have any volunteers for the derby or any future game after that? In the original post we had Hoppy and OllieToner volunteering, are you guys still up for doing it? Let me know  :)

Cheers lads  :thumbup

Looked great again, from what I saw of it.

I also noticed after it went up, there were four red and yellow checked flags being waved there. Anything to do with you lads?

I've always wanted to see flags waved in the Anny Road, and there are currently several flags which have been bought and paid for on RAWK, which very rarely get an airing. It would be great if it were to be possible to get these in the Anny Road end.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #311 on: December 8, 2017, 05:53:49 pm »
Looked great again, from what I saw of it.

I also noticed after it went up, there were four red and yellow checked flags being waved there. Anything to do with you lads?

I've always wanted to see flags waved in the Anny Road, and there are currently several flags which have been bought and paid for on RAWK, which very rarely get an airing. It would be great if it were to be possible to get these in the Anny Road end.

Nothing to do with us and honestly I never saw anything getting waved :P I was underneath the flag then in a massive rush myself though. If anyone has any pics or vids of the yellow and red flags i'd love to see em!

Personally i'd love to expand and get a bunch of flags going in The Annie Road myself. The Annie used to be the closest rival to The Kop in the entire country. The Annie started "Kopites are Gobshites" before the unoriginal Ev started blagging the past. But in order to do that we'd need a lot more volunteers. I've heard off folks that the flag going overhead has really helped the atmosphere in there at the start of the game.

I'm sure it would be possible and we'd be able to sort it but we need the manpower. Currently there is only me and Chris who are off RAWK and do the flag. The rest are my mates who I have mostly press ganged into it, but eventually I can see them getting annoyed at the amount of time it takes away from pre-match pints. More than anything we need some Annie Road season ticket holders, but anyone that is consistently in the Kop or the Lower Kenny/Centenary/Kemlyn we can take over and bring back.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #312 on: December 8, 2017, 09:14:57 pm »
Was under it on weds and yes it did help get the songs going. Funny how people like to sing in an enclosed space, like how songs will always break out in an underpass. It was good that you kept it there not moving for a while.Anyhow well done once again lads. I’d offer to help but for various reasons I’m usually last minute getting to the ground and not there every game anyhow. But it’s v.much appreciated those who have kept this going. Well in.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2017, 11:48:50 am »

They all belong to a family my youngest brother is friends with. He actually text me on Wednesday to see if I'd seen him on TV waving one of the flags but I missed the first few mins of the game as I was late home from work, he was made up though getting to go under the surfer and also waving a flag as well. If anyone has a picture I'd appreciate it so I can show him.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #314 on: December 11, 2017, 02:08:44 pm »
Great shot of the banner on Skys coverage yesterday.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #315 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:45 pm »
Great shot of the banner on Skys coverage yesterday.

Saw that when I watched the match back this morning. Looked good :)

Anyone else able to help out at all at West Brom? Chris and Ollie will be helping again but any extra is always welcome! Just get in touch!

Offline BarryH28

• Kemlynite
« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2017, 01:59:22 pm »
Saw that when I watched the match back this morning. Looked good :)

Anyone else able to help out at all at West Brom? Chris and Ollie will be helping again but any extra is always welcome! Just get in touch!

Banner has looked good, I’d be happy to help at the West Brom game, could grab my dad to help too I’m sure. We’re both in the Kop mind so not sure if that’s an issue

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2017, 04:13:27 pm »
Banner has looked good, I’d be happy to help at the West Brom game, could grab my dad to help too I’m sure. We’re both in the Kop mind so not sure if that’s an issue

The Kop is fine man that's where most of us sit. We will be taken over to do the banner then brought back tound to The Kop after :)

PM me your number and i'll add you into the Whatsapp group we use to coordinate on the day mate

Cheers!  :thumbup

Offline BarryH28

• Kemlynite
« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:20 pm »
The Kop is fine man that's where most of us sit. We will be taken over to do the banner then brought back tound to The Kop after :)

PM me your number and i'll add you into the Whatsapp group we use to coordinate on the day mate

Cheers!  :thumbup

Nice one mate, happy to help  ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 15, 2017, 10:55:31 pm »
Well in lads  :scarf