Author Topic: Hull City - Protest  (Read 69229 times)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Re: Hull City - Protest
« Reply #520 on: April 28, 2015, 08:16:41 pm »
Couldn't make the London protest, got stuck in work

Any news on turnout ?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #521 on: April 28, 2015, 08:28:38 pm »
From the Mirror...
19:39
David Anderson
THE protest by Liverpool fans against Hull's ticketing price policy for the away fans appears to be biting and relatively few Reds supporters are here.

There are just pockets in the away section of the KC Stadium as the game counts down to kick-off.

The Liverpool fans organised a boycott of the game to protest at Hull's decision to charge them three times more to watch this game compared to some other visiting fans this season
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #522 on: April 28, 2015, 08:37:31 pm »
Most journos on board on Twitter. Extensively mentioned with the correct details and context by a very supportive Alan Green on fivelive.

Congrats to SoS and the travelling Kop for organising this, for making it work, and for getting the message across to the media. It's a definite success. :wave

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #523 on: April 28, 2015, 08:37:33 pm »
Got a mention on the stream I'm watching (Kevin Kilbane co-commentating) .

Camera panned the away section and the commentator described what was happening and how Liverpool fans are having to pay more than other clubs fans...

Well in lads !! Congrats to SOS - hopefully this will spread to other clubs fans too and inspire !!

Against Modern Football !!!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #524 on: April 28, 2015, 08:38:06 pm »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #525 on: April 28, 2015, 08:40:49 pm »

BBC Radio 5 live presenter Mark Chapman tweets: The Liverpool protest has cut through. Away end half full at best at Hull City.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #526 on: April 28, 2015, 08:44:57 pm »
Some good coverage across the streams and on Five Live, good work everyone.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
« Reply #527 on: April 28, 2015, 08:47:58 pm »
After some doubt at the beginning of the thread by some, it is great to see how it turned out
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #528 on: April 28, 2015, 08:48:57 pm »
Feels like a successful first step. Getting decent media coverage. If the protests expand and grow, it will inevitably have an impact.

The real power will come in other clubs joining there voice to ours.

Ł20 maximum away price - it's achievable if everyone gets on board. We partisan football fans have a common enemy.
JFT97

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #529 on: April 28, 2015, 08:54:03 pm »
Couldn't make the London protest, got stuck in work

Any news on turnout ?
Same here, couldn't get there til after 7.30 and by then if anything had been going on it wasn't anymore. Doesn't matter though, it's a clear success. Well in to the organisers. Deserve a lot of credit.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 28, 2015, 09:31:29 pm »
Zero sympathy with anyone who paid a full adult price for this pile of shite.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #531 on: April 28, 2015, 09:40:24 pm »
Hope those who turned up and stuck two fingers upto the boycott enjoyed stumping up Ł50 for that absolute load of wank. :)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 28, 2015, 09:44:31 pm »
Just got back from the protest at Anfield, about 250-300 turned out I reckon. :) Jay McKenna spoke and said about 1000 kids tickets were bought, Well done to everyone who backed it  :)

Got out of work too late to get there, well in to everybody who turned up, who kept their seat empty, and massive thanks to the organisers! Hope other fans will do the same now and we can build across the league.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #533 on: April 28, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »
Hope those who turned up and stuck two fingers upto the boycott enjoyed stumping up Ł50 for that absolute load of wank. :)

:) only redeeming thing tonight
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #534 on: April 28, 2015, 09:46:17 pm »
Most journos on board on Twitter. Extensively mentioned with the correct details and context by a very supportive Alan Green on fivelive.

Congrats to SoS and the non-travelling Kop for organising this, for making it work, and for getting the message across to the media. It's a definite success. :wave
Ahem...
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: April 28, 2015, 10:02:08 pm »
Over 1,000 kids tickets bought and loads of visible empty seats in our end which has received loads of attention from the media.

That's a great first step. Regroup and decide what comes next.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #536 on: April 28, 2015, 10:10:06 pm »
Ahem...

Many thanks for your pedantry.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #537 on: April 28, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »
Many thanks for your pedantry.
Weeell listen here pilgrim. You're short on ears and long on mouth.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #538 on: April 28, 2015, 10:25:50 pm »
Over 1,000 kids tickets bought and loads of visible empty seats in our end which has received loads of attention from the media.

That's a great first step. Regroup and decide what comes next.

Very effective protest.
Think of all the extra money hull lost renting the 50 extra bouncy castles for those 1000 under tens!!
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: April 28, 2015, 10:28:43 pm »
A huge success - even the players decided not to turn up

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:51 pm »
pic.twitter.com/ekyhu6fE2m
That's a great pic, the telly didn't really depict how successful the protest had been.

Well in everyone involved.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #541 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:28 pm »

Boom. Tish. Also brutally true...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #542 on: April 28, 2015, 10:46:36 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #543 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:56 pm »
;D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #544 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:34 pm »
Well in to all those involved  :wellin

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 28, 2015, 11:46:55 pm »

Congrats to SoS and the travelling Kop for organising this, for making it work, and for getting the message across to the media. It's a definite success. :wave

I was listening to 5 live for maybe half an hour shortly after kick off. Alan green was fantastic. Mentioned it a few times, and towards the end of my car journey, clarified that it wasn't just a protest against the price LFC fans were paying tonight, it was a protest on behalf of fans of all football clubs. He really was brilliant.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: April 28, 2015, 11:57:46 pm »

Oh yes

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2015, 12:16:55 am »
Well done to our away support - amazing at Anfield tonight, maybe 300 there for the protest (if anyon knows how to strip a periscope video I'll share the ten minute of footage).

Needs other Clubs to now step up and do the same.

Win the away ticket battle and the whole edifice crumbles as home supporters ask why away fans are paying less.

If other Clubs got organised then there could be something like this once a week.

But don't think the Clubs won't fight back - limited kids tickets, maybe more action over who is going in on the ticket.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2015, 12:35:10 am »
If you couldn't protest today help us fund this and other protests - click http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/support-the-supporters-hull-protest-donations … … all donations welcome #Didn'tGoToHull
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2015, 01:41:37 am »
Well done to those who supported the boycott and made the impact. Good to see and hear the coverage it got from journos. Hope supporters' groups at other clubs can take something from it and help push things on in turn.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #550 on: April 29, 2015, 02:18:00 am »
This has gotten quite a bit more coverage than I expected it to get. Hats off to all involved, you've done yourselves very proud.

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #551 on: April 29, 2015, 07:41:18 am »
Recognised a few scab there last night, I'll be having a "word" when I see them.

Offline charljo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #552 on: April 29, 2015, 08:27:29 am »

Offline charljo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #553 on: April 29, 2015, 08:29:01 am »
 :wellin
:wellin

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #554 on: April 29, 2015, 08:50:26 am »
Well done to all involved. Let's hope it kicks on from here with similar protests from supporters of other clubs.
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #556 on: April 29, 2015, 04:53:12 pm »
Well done SOS & everyone involved. We now need another boycott with longer notice time but more importantly other Premier League supporters to do the same.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #557 on: April 29, 2015, 05:07:14 pm »
other Premier League supporters to do the same.

THIS. It's time to put aside tribal differences and stand together against our common enemy. There has already been collaboration between supporters groups, hopefully soon it will get to the stage where we can organise a league-wide boycott.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #558 on: April 29, 2015, 06:08:42 pm »
Jay McKenna of Spirit Of Shankly coming up on Radio Merseyside
Cool down and play

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33:30 pm »
He blamed the Premier League not Hull City:

Bruce:

"I feel sorry for the supporters of big clubs who have to dig deep every week and I hope when the new TV money comes into play the Premier League can remember football does belong to supporters.

"I know how difficult it is for people here at our club to find the money to bring their two kids to a football match and we have to make sure with all the money washing around we give something back to the fans.

"Lets follow the Bundesliga.."

"We have to remember the average man in the street because they are the lifeblood of football and I think if the Premier League set certain rules we would all have to abide by them."

(The last bit about the Premier League was his response to whether Hull should do something and he pushed it back onto the PL).

Rodgers:

“Like everything in modern football, I respect the supporters' right to protest,” he said on Monday.

“I don't know too much about it, but they work very hard to earn the money to get to football games, and they have a right to protest, absolutely.”

Pretty much the same - talking about how hard it is for the average man in the street to pay for football.

Fuck knows why people are nitpicking over exactly what Rodgers said or what he meant - it's being reported by the press as him supporting the protest.

Just a couple of things.  If he "doesn't know too much about it" then he should have fucking well found out.  And since the right to peaceful protest is enshrined in law, whether Rogers "respects" supporters rights to protest is neither here nor there.  If that's the spin the press are putting on that load of cack we got off very lightly.

And the first sentence makes no sense.   ::)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:35:31 pm by Maggie May »
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.