Author Topic: Coolest Place You've Ever Been  (Read 5731 times)

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Coolest Place You've Ever Been
« on: October 13, 2018, 12:22:42 pm »
Milford Sound, NZ.

A temple to Mother Nature.

Whales, seals, dolphins.

The most innate tranquility I've ever experienced.

My will provides for my kids and families to take a vacay and some of my ashes to spread around there.

Kill the humourless

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Coolest Place You've Ever Been
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 12:44:44 pm »
Yep that’s a beautiful spot indeed. Wen there in their winter with snow on that big mountain (Mitre Peak?).

New Zealand in general is amazing for scenery.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 12:50:38 pm »
The ice bar in Lapland.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 01:10:47 pm »
The Sani Pass on the South African/Lesotho border, and the highest pub in Africa

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 01:31:12 pm »
Show off

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 02:00:47 pm »

Everst North face - Tibet
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 02:17:34 pm »

Everst North face - Tibet

Good on you.
I’m very envious. Would love to go there, and Tibet.
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 02:23:21 pm »
in 1986, I went on a school trip to Berlin, before the wall came down.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 02:27:51 pm »
in 1986, I went on a school trip to Berlin, before the wall came down.

Shaka?

Darmok and Jalad and Tanagra
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 02:40:41 pm »
Cancun, Mexico.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 02:56:37 pm »
Borobudur
East Java, Indonesia

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:00:28 pm by Lotus Eater »
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 04:20:56 pm »
Old Havana in Cuba was pretty cool. Mind you, Cuba was in general.

The Blue Lagoon in Iceland was an experience, too. Sitting, at night, in 100 degree water whilst the air temp was hovering around freezing must be the best place I've ever had a beer.

Chichen Itza in the Mexican Yucatan was also rather cool.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lotus Eater

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 04:28:03 pm »

Chichen Itza in the Mexican Yucatan was also rather cool.

I was a bit underwhelmed with it to be honest

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 04:37:49 pm »
I was a bit underwhelmed with it to be honest

Tough crowd.  ;)

I can sort of get what you mean, though. My brother felt a bit similar at the Pyramids in Egypt.
We had a fantastic day in Chichen Itza. I was with someone I love and we jumped Mexican public transport and the ferry over from Cozumel. The entire trip was an experience. The sheer history of the place is something. All subjective, though, of course.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 05:21:07 pm »
I haven't traveled as much as many of you lucky people have. I love beaches, and the nicest one I've seen is Playa Macao near Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Crystal clear water, cliffs in the background, just gorgeous. It was like swimming in a postcard. At the time (20 years ago) it was a quiet beach as it was not near a main road & we had to travel there using ATVs. Hopefully it has stayed the same.

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 05:37:04 pm »
Fuck off you bastards..

I’m sick of your amazing travels now

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 05:39:48 pm »
I haven't traveled as much as many of you lucky people have. I love beaches, and the nicest one I've seen is Playa Macao near Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Crystal clear water, cliffs in the background, just gorgeous. It was like swimming in a postcard. At the time (20 years ago) it was a quiet beach as it was not near a main road & we had to travel there using ATVs. Hopefully it has stayed the same.

I'm a beach fan, too.
One of the best beach experiences was snorkelling nude with my girlfriend in Formentera. Stunning beaches and crystal clear, warm waters. It was also amazing snorkelling alongside a Cormorant that was diving for fish along the rocky outcrops.

We go to Barbados in a few weeks so I am hoping to experience a few more stunning beaches.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 05:40:39 pm »
Currently next to the sewage works in slough.

Beat that
W

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 05:43:27 pm »

Beat that

Can you snorkel there? 

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 06:00:19 pm »
For cool and 'cool', this is my fave.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 06:10:09 pm »
For cool and 'cool', this is my fave.
Jökulsárlón in Iceland?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:16:43 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 06:11:09 pm »
I’ve been to this beach in Croatia which was pretty cool, on the island if Hvar I think.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 06:14:56 pm »
I've not travelled anywhere near as much as some of you have but I do remember the Caves of Drach on Majorca being quite spectacular when I was 12yrs old.

If I'm not mistaken we went by boat into the caves to a kind of auditorium where they did some sort of light show to music.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuevas_del_Drach

Other than that it was kayaking in the Pyrenees.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=sort+pyrenees

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 06:17:02 pm »
Jokulsarlon in Iceland?
I've been trawling around the barren wastelands of my memory trying to remember the name - you got it in one!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 06:24:07 pm »
I've been trawling around the barren wastelands of my memory trying to remember the name - you got it in one!

:thumbup

I thought I recognised it.
It's on Iceland webcams, although with the time of year it's not quite at its spectacular best yet.  https://www.livefromiceland.is/webcams/jokulsarlon/
Still great, of course.  :)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 06:29:17 pm »
Cork
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 07:30:11 pm »
I've not travelled that much, nowhere near as much as my wife.

I asked her her coolest and hers was a tour she did in the States. They started in San Diego, did a helicopter flight into the grand canyon, went to Monument Valley and Yosemite.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 08:41:17 pm »
Went to Maldives for my honeymoon and booked an island excursion. The hotel rep dropped us off on this sand bank in the middle of nowhere, gave us a mobile phone and left us for a couple of hours. It was surreal, being on a small island in the middle of the Maldives with nothing but ocean all around you as far as the eye can see.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 03:32:55 pm by King.Keita »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 09:50:08 pm »

Beat that
What sewage works in Slough you lucky git?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2018, 10:15:29 pm »
Has to be Fraser Island in Australia for me. Blew me away. Big mention to the beaches of punta Cana as stated above tho! Gorgeous place! But for nature and general bewilderment Fraser Island for me!
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2018, 10:26:16 pm »
Has to be Fraser Island in Australia for me. Blew me away. Big mention to the beaches of punta Cana as stated above tho! Gorgeous place! But for nature and general bewilderment Fraser Island for me!

I went there having heard great things from everyone who went. It pissed it down for three days solid, we left our axe at a campsite and spent most of a day going back to look for it, we had a really annoying Brazilian couple in our group, sand got in all our food so we couldn’t be arsed cooking much, as a result I got too pissed and had to leg it out of the tent in the night to throw up. The only good bit was buying a shit Fraser Island t shirt from a gift shop and getting that lovely feeling of putting something dry on when the rest of you is soaking.

Not for me Clive.

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 10:30:01 pm »

Though I was raised in Liverpool and live in NY, that sand bar would terrify me.
Kill the humourless

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 10:47:44 pm »
Just got back from Rio and absolutely loved it. Copacabana and that city is something to behold.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2018, 10:48:22 pm »
I went there having heard great things from everyone who went. It pissed it down for three days solid, we left our axe at a campsite and spent most of a day going back to look for it, we had a really annoying Brazilian couple in our group, sand got in all our food so we couldn’t be arsed cooking much, as a result I got too pissed and had to leg it out of the tent in the night to throw up. The only good bit was buying a shit Fraser Island t shirt from a gift shop and getting that lovely feeling of putting something dry on when the rest of you is soaking.

Not for me Clive.

😂😂😂
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 10:49:46 pm »

Ngorongoro crater in Tanzania. Left me speechless.

Wilpena Pound in South Australia.

The Ring of Beara, Ireland. 

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:24 pm »

Ronda was quite impressive.  There was a marathon of people coming up the mountain road.  Runners, bicyclists, horsebackers, what a feat.
Kill the humourless

Online jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 11:09:55 pm »

And of course, the magnificent Alhambra.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2018, 12:04:00 am »
Went to Maldives for my honeymoon and booked an island excursion. The hotel rep dropped us off on this sand bank in the middle of nowhere, gave us a mobile phone and left us for a couple of hours. It was surreal, being on a small island in the middle of the Maldives with nothing but ocean all around you as far as the eye can see.

Ocean as far as the eye could see? So what was the mobile phone for?  ???
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Lotus Eater

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2018, 12:07:19 am »
Guilin/Yangshuo - China

Can’t seem to find an image to post
Just Google it
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:58:42 am by Lotus Eater »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2018, 12:57:52 am »
One Tree Island, Great Barrier Reef. It's one of the more recent islands within the reef and is a true coral island in that the coral has yet to be ground into fine sand as it has been on the older islands except on one small part of the island. In a strange way, it is not the most breathtaking visually as other reef islands are prettier but it is the most special place I've been to simply because of all the geological elements to it.

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.